Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shthousing clampdown 10:20 - Jul 28 with 8526 viewsNorthernr

Let's see how effective this is/how long it lasts.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/july/28/match-officials-to-adopt-new-approach-fo

This post has been edited by an administrator
Shthousing clampdown on 16:50 - Jul 28 with 2113 viewsterryb

Shthousing clampdown on 16:39 - Jul 28 by PinnerPaul

Deflections have never been able to "reset" an offside.

What HAS, in the past, is a defender stretching for the ball for example, with head or foot and getting a slight touch on it.

What new wording tries to do is to say the defender has to have more control of the ball and his actions before an offside is "reset" or ignored - whatever way you want to put it!

I'm sure you knew what I meant Paul!

I'm well aware that deflections have never, in law, meant that the forward was onside. But I've definitely seen goals awarded because of a deflection!

Hopefully, the new wording will make the decision easier for officials & clearer to defenders.
Shthousing clampdown on 17:09 - Jul 28 with 2059 viewsNorthernr

Fun snippet. The EFL sent referees and reps to each club to talk the players and managers through the changes and how they'll be applied today. Guess who they sent to do ours...
Shthousing clampdown on 17:14 - Jul 28 with 2042 viewsdmm

Shthousing clampdown on 17:09 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Fun snippet. The EFL sent referees and reps to each club to talk the players and managers through the changes and how they'll be applied today. Guess who they sent to do ours...

Surely not Stroud!?
Shthousing clampdown on 17:14 - Jul 28 with 2036 viewsjohnhoop

Shthousing clampdown on 17:09 - Jul 28 by Northernr

An official with the same name as a town in Gloucestershire?
Shthousing clampdown on 17:15 - Jul 28 with 2022 viewsNorthernr

Shthousing clampdown on 17:14 - Jul 28 by dmm

Surely not Stroud!?

Naturally.
Shthousing clampdown on 17:16 - Jul 28 with 2004 viewsDorse

Shthousing clampdown on 17:15 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Naturally.

Dawkins delighted as absolute proof of God's non-existence is confirmed.

Oy.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Shthousing clampdown on 17:25 - Jul 28 with 1946 viewsnumptydumpty

About time !!!!!!!!! (Multiple exclamation marks required)

I know we not had much to shout about but it makes the experience even more unwatchable.

It's in polite language extremely frigging irritating and I hate sh*tho*s*ry as much when we do it as the opposition.

Referees had zero control even when realistically they have known exactly what is occurring and in recent seasons its been so unbelievably blatant and everyone knows it too.

Yes but 9 minutes extra time first half and 14 minutes after the 90, not sure the last train home will be possible !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Shthousing clampdown on 18:21 - Jul 28 with 1860 viewsHastings_Hoops

Shthousing clampdown on 14:36 - Jul 28 by Match82

I think if they enforced it to the exact letter of the law the games would be about 3 hours long. If you put this up on the big screen you'd have fans howling from the first minute every time the ball goes out for a throw

Make matches 70 mins (35 mins of actual football each half).
Login to get fewer ads

Shthousing clampdown on 00:45 - Jul 29 with 1671 viewsHunterhoop

Shthousing clampdown on 17:15 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Naturally.

The guy is crooked so I hope we pampered him, massaged his ego and gave him a brown envelope.

We are owed a lot of penalties and red cards for opposing teams. Stroud could be worth more points than any player we have if he pays back this year.
Shthousing clampdown on 02:27 - Jul 29 with 1655 viewsSydneyRs

Shthousing clampdown on 15:01 - Jul 28 by StanFan

In rugby don't they just stop the clock when the ball is out of play? Seems the easiest method by far. Also stops those silly goal times: 90 mins + 11 or whatever.

This works very well in rugby league. You could shorten the game to 80 mins and you would still have more actual playing time. In fact this would probably still be the case with 35 min halves.

Stop the clock maybe 10 secs after the ball goes out of play making any time wasting irrelevant. Have a set time for free kicks etc after which the clock stops.
Shthousing clampdown on 04:25 - Jul 29 with 1637 viewsMatch82

Shthousing clampdown on 18:21 - Jul 28 by Hastings_Hoops

Make matches 70 mins (35 mins of actual football each half).

I'm actually in favor of this, but can you imagine the outcry and shtstorm that would bring down?
Shthousing clampdown on 08:56 - Jul 29 with 1541 viewsdavman

Shthousing clampdown on 04:25 - Jul 29 by Match82

I'm actually in favor of this, but can you imagine the outcry and shtstorm that would bring down?

It is what I have consistently preached in here for years and am yet to see one reasonable counter argument. Most games have the ball in play around 60 minutes, so two 35 minute halves should do, or even 32 minute halves if the precious little dears can't hack the "extra" exercise time...

Start evening games earlier (7PM, but no later than 730pm).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Shthousing clampdown on 09:38 - Jul 29 with 1502 viewsnumptydumpty

Shthousing clampdown on 08:56 - Jul 29 by davman

It is what I have consistently preached in here for years and am yet to see one reasonable counter argument. Most games have the ball in play around 60 minutes, so two 35 minute halves should do, or even 32 minute halves if the precious little dears can't hack the "extra" exercise time...

Start evening games earlier (7PM, but no later than 730pm).

Impossible to start evening games at 7pm, as half the crowd would not be able to get there in time if they got bog standard 9 to 5 jobs.

7.30pm used to be the old start time for evening games back in 70s and I believe also 80s do could just about work.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Shthousing clampdown on 07:34 - Jul 30 with 1326 viewsHastings_Hoops

While I’m at it, as far as VAR is concerned; give each team up to two VAR calls per match and if they get the call right that call isn’t discounted from their match allowance…

In the case of Stroud - if he gets two decisions wrong, send him off and issue an FA fine.
Shthousing clampdown on 09:27 - Jul 31 with 1201 viewsfrancisbowles

Shthousing clampdown on 15:01 - Jul 28 by StanFan

In rugby don't they just stop the clock when the ball is out of play? Seems the easiest method by far. Also stops those silly goal times: 90 mins + 11 or whatever.

They stop the clock for some things but then have it running for certain kicks and allow the kicker ages to take them.

They also play on with injured players receiving treatment on the pitch.

After time is up on the official clock, the game continues until the team that is winning manages to get possession and kick it out of play.

So IMHO it's comparing apples and pears..

One thing I do like though is their advantage rule. When the referee plays an advantage, it the move subsequently breaks down, he can then bring the ball back to where the original offence occured. Unlike our game where any advantage can be easily lost.
Shthousing clampdown on 17:06 - Aug 3 with 1079 viewsdmm

New laws to cause 'chaos' in EFL, say QPR and Charlton managers: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66397352

Ainsworth isn't happy, and I can understand why. The points he makes are very valid.
Shthousing clampdown on 17:08 - Aug 3 with 1074 viewsNorthernr

Shthousing clampdown on 17:06 - Aug 3 by dmm

New laws to cause 'chaos' in EFL, say QPR and Charlton managers: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66397352

Ainsworth isn't happy, and I can understand why. The points he makes are very valid.

I mean let's be honest, we know why he's pissd off.

They've brought it on themselves. Last few years the shithousing has been absolutely off the scale. Should have thought about what might happen if you kept doing that, shouldn't you?
Shthousing clampdown on 17:33 - Aug 3 with 1023 viewsPinnerPaul

Shthousing clampdown on 07:34 - Jul 30 by Hastings_Hoops

While I’m at it, as far as VAR is concerned; give each team up to two VAR calls per match and if they get the call right that call isn’t discounted from their match allowance…

In the case of Stroud - if he gets two decisions wrong, send him off and issue an FA fine.

He's retired I think!
Shthousing clampdown on 17:34 - Aug 3 with 1018 viewsPinnerPaul

Shthousing clampdown on 17:08 - Aug 3 by Northernr

I mean let's be honest, we know why he's pissd off.

They've brought it on themselves. Last few years the shithousing has been absolutely off the scale. Should have thought about what might happen if you kept doing that, shouldn't you?

Managers not happy with the laws being applied IF they think it will disadvantage them - what a surprise!
Shthousing clampdown on 17:43 - Aug 3 with 967 viewsdmm

The 30 second rule for a player to come back on the field of play seems unfair to those who've had a genuine knock. If, say, a goal is scored while a defender is waiting on the sideline to come on, there'd be understandable anger.
Shthousing clampdown on 18:30 - Aug 3 with 891 viewsQPRSteve

Shthousing clampdown on 17:33 - Aug 3 by PinnerPaul

He's retired I think!

Don't get my hopes up! He's still listed on the EFL web site.
Shthousing clampdown on 18:35 - Aug 3 with 877 viewsaston_hoop

He's retired I think!

Unfortunately he's ruining Norwich v Hull on Saturday

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Shthousing clampdown on 18:59 - Aug 3 with 851 viewsCateLeBonR

"People who have probably never played the game have made some of these rules," Ainsworth told BBC Sport.

People who have to watch the game maybe Gareth?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 19:00]
Shthousing clampdown on 14:00 - Aug 4 with 706 viewsthemodfather

if they let refs do their job and the refs actually enforced the game all would be ok, the refs lost control years back , so abuse, diving etc got worse, adding time doesn't work, they tried 10 steps back, didn't last . for me a player or 2 scream abuse at ref, book em all, they can't do it again , if loads get sent off to gain control so what? it is in the fa rulebook anyway. only the capt is meant to go to the ref not the bucket man , peanut vendor and matchday programme seller!
Shthousing clampdown on 14:01 - Aug 4 with 705 viewsNorthernr

He's retired I think!

Woolmer's retired. Stroud is omnipresent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024