Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tennessee road trip recs please 15:52 - Aug 5 with 1695 viewsBlackCrowe

Our route next month is Nashville, Muscle Shoals, Memphis, Clarksdale, then two days unplanned, Pass Christian and ending in New Orleans.

Any recs for restaurants, bars and live music gratefully received plus any ideas to for the free two days in the middle.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Tennessee road trip recs please on 16:04 - Aug 5 with 1672 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Memphis - Beale Street for the nightlife. However, while everyone and his dog goes to Graceland, do go to the National Civil Rights Museum. One of the best museums I have been anywhere in the world.

New Orleans - I find the main tourist area while lively, it's a bit annoying. Last time I was there, I was fortunate to be with a colleague who was from there and we went away from the tourist crowds to where the locals go...blinding night.

There's an awful lot of err, umm, 'Deliverance' in between those sites young man.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tennessee road trip recs please on 16:18 - Aug 5 with 1635 viewsthame_hoops

Jealous. An area I’ve never been too but on my bucket list.
Tennessee road trip recs please on 16:24 - Aug 5 with 1621 viewsted_hendrix

South of Memphis (Highway 61) Is a cafe called the Blue and White Cafe so we naturally stopped there and 'pigged out' take a leak when you leave and If It's still there you'll se some QPR scribble on the urinal wall from Your's truly.
Clarksdale; Blues Museum Is a must, get a picture on John Lee Hooker Street, tbh when I was there I was warned in no uncertain terms to not go near the North part of town after dark (just after the railway bridge) gangs had taken over that area of Clarksdale (shame really but they're you go)
Memphis you must do Beale Street at night, don't miss the opportunity of visiting Sun Studios, It's drowning In history. assuming you've hired a car I'd pop along to Gracelands, I'm no major fan of Elvis but glad I went.
There's loads of towns on Highway 61 and stopping places by the Mississippi river where you can take a break whilst sitting on a levee.
New Orleans Is fabulous at night, music bars everywhere.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Tennessee road trip recs please on 17:49 - Aug 5 with 1564 viewsBoston

Mississippi Delta.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tennessee road trip recs please on 17:58 - Aug 5 with 1554 viewsRuislipHoop

The Shack Up Inn just outside Clarksdale,Seasick Steve plays there,check ahead for dates.
Tennessee road trip recs please on 18:02 - Aug 5 with 1544 viewsqprd

BBQ shop in memphis
Tennessee road trip recs please on 19:35 - Aug 5 with 1469 viewsBlackCrowe

We're staying at the Shack Up for 2 nights! Keep it coming, this is great stuff all, i knew i could rely on LFW.

Tennessee road trip recs please on 19:40 - Aug 5 with 1465 viewsEsox_Lucius

Try to find the time to visit the Gibson Custom shop near Nashville if you are the least bit interested in guitars. I spent almost a whole day there but shoot for at least half a day if you can.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Tennessee road trip recs please on 19:42 - Aug 5 with 1463 viewsRuislipHoop

Tennessee road trip recs please on 19:35 - Aug 5 by BlackCrowe

We're staying at the Shack Up for 2 nights! Keep it coming, this is great stuff all, i knew i could rely on LFW.

Shack Up is great,unfortunately when we stayed there,the music evenings were either side of the days we stayed,Morgan Freeman has a blues club in Clarkesdale.
Tennessee road trip recs please on 19:47 - Aug 5 with 1460 viewsBlackCrowe

Tennessee road trip recs please on 19:40 - Aug 5 by Esox_Lucius

Try to find the time to visit the Gibson Custom shop near Nashville if you are the least bit interested in guitars. I spent almost a whole day there but shoot for at least half a day if you can.

Mate I'm going with has on this list, he plays a lot and live. Me - i'd look for a drum shop.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024