Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cook 21:20 - Aug 9 with 19094 viewsAddinall

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/august/09/steve-cook-completes-qpr-move/
Steve Cook on 13:41 - Aug 11 with 1192 viewsR_from_afar

Steve Cook on 10:13 - Aug 11 by daveB

Like any signing you won't really know what he's like for a few months. On paper he's exactly what we need. Good experience, a good talker and more importantly a good defender. A Back 3 of Cook, Dunne and JCS would be pretty decent if we get them all fit and playing.

I do agree with others about us no longer trying to sign these up and coming raw diamonds and that will be a problem for us but even when we've done things the right way signing those ones like Eze, Chair, Bright, Willock etc it's ended up with us punching ourselves in the face so I'm at a loss to know what is right or wrong anymore.

"I do agree with others about us no longer trying to sign these up and coming raw diamonds".

This is a general comment, not aimed at you specifically, Dave, but 30th June does seem like a long time ago, doesn't it?

Ziyad Larkeche: QPR sign left-back after Fulham exit:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66071423

That said, currently, he is the exception that proves the rule.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Steve Cook on 13:48 - Aug 11 with 1140 viewsHoopsie

Just took a look in the forest fans forums about Steve cook

Lots of praises and tributes to cook from the forest fans thanking his service to the club and wishes him well at QPR

Many suggested that QPR will need his leadership and contribution in the position we are in right now

A few of them even suggested QPR as their second team now that colback and cook are here

And what did we do? Some of us are still despairing and slamming the club getting a “past it” on a big wage and 2 years deal.

You are of course not wrong, but

It is what it is now we are in this mess. We need experience pros who have done it all but still have something to give to come in and steer the ship and stir some fight in the team to get out of this mess

I think and hope cook is one of them that could do this for our club

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Steve Cook on 13:59 - Aug 11 with 1051 viewsgazza1

Steve Cook on 13:48 - Aug 11 by Hoopsie

Just took a look in the forest fans forums about Steve cook

Lots of praises and tributes to cook from the forest fans thanking his service to the club and wishes him well at QPR

Many suggested that QPR will need his leadership and contribution in the position we are in right now

A few of them even suggested QPR as their second team now that colback and cook are here

And what did we do? Some of us are still despairing and slamming the club getting a “past it” on a big wage and 2 years deal.

You are of course not wrong, but

It is what it is now we are in this mess. We need experience pros who have done it all but still have something to give to come in and steer the ship and stir some fight in the team to get out of this mess

I think and hope cook is one of them that could do this for our club

It is what posters do on this forum.......slightly old but should be a good edition to the squad/club. Good that he has been playing and training and he is fit and ready to start. Moans that we offered him a contract when he left B'mouth but he opted for Forest - good choice, right!!! Apparently costing us a few bob in wages because he is old - really!!! 2 year deal is fair enough as well. Injury prone??, not as far as I can see (things may change now though!!!). Anyways I haven't got a problem with the signing tbh. My only grumble is why we never acted a few weeks ago and why did we leave it until the season started.

Good luck to the boy!!!
Steve Cook on 19:18 - Aug 11 with 841 viewsHastings_Hoops

Steve Cook on 19:31 - Aug 10 by stainrods_elbow

This IS Dr Elbow, and I'll just say I'm grimly glad you (and a number of others) are finally coming round to my view of Hoos and the whole charade I have been explaining patiently for years (and being shot down a la SInead O'Connor and any true avant-gardist).

Bite me, and while you're there, toot my f*ckin horn!

What a very strange post/reply.

I personally have no problem with Hoos or Ferdinand - not sure where you got that from, other than plain polemics and a one tracked mind!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024