Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Climate change 19:46 - Sep 21 with 3023 viewsbuilthjack

Sunak doesn’t give two hoots by the look of it.
He has been asked to promote HVO as a straight replacement for diesel, 94% cleaner, but won’t discuss it.
He just wants the tax from diesel.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Climate change on 19:49 - Sep 21 with 1812 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sunak is a rich tory, all he cares about is money. He has no clue about the reality of every day life.
Climate change on 19:53 - Sep 21 with 1808 viewsGwyn737

Although the announcements telling us about the scrapping of imaginary things was very The Thick Of It 🤣
Climate change on 08:40 - Sep 22 with 1751 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Neither does Drakeford. He is forcing motorist in Wales to drive around in lower gears, using more petrol and pumping out more greenhouse gases and toxic fumes.

Meanwhile in the real World the UK has cut its CO2 emissions by more than any other G7 country in the last 10 years.

Most people in the UK cannot afford EV or heat pumps a fact a politician has realised. There is of course nothing stopping you from doing so if you feel that strongly about climate change.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Climate change on 09:18 - Sep 22 with 1740 viewsWhiterockin

Personally I don't want the UK to lead the world in climate change. The financial burden is too great and needs to be done over time. After all many parts of the world don't give a stuff so why should we as individuals make sacrifices and other countries just get richer.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Climate change on 10:10 - Sep 22 with 1721 viewsonehunglow

Climate change on 09:18 - Sep 22 by Whiterockin

Personally I don't want the UK to lead the world in climate change. The financial burden is too great and needs to be done over time. After all many parts of the world don't give a stuff so why should we as individuals make sacrifices and other countries just get richer.

Good point
We are no longer one eninent as a world power nor the worlds policeman
Climate change! Speak to China and India aboutvit.
Political views shouldn’t apply but they do.
Sinai is right to put back the ludicrous ban on petrol and diesel cars
Country people without a car? Very hard life

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Climate change on 10:39 - Sep 22 with 1710 viewsBadgeman

Climate change on 08:40 - Sep 22 by felixstowe_jack

Neither does Drakeford. He is forcing motorist in Wales to drive around in lower gears, using more petrol and pumping out more greenhouse gases and toxic fumes.

Meanwhile in the real World the UK has cut its CO2 emissions by more than any other G7 country in the last 10 years.

Most people in the UK cannot afford EV or heat pumps a fact a politician has realised. There is of course nothing stopping you from doing so if you feel that strongly about climate change.

Someone’s criticised the Tories and you’re crying again lol. Why not invoke the grief of the victims of sex criminals again to score internet points?

Regardless of the merits of the 20mph policy, Drakefords embarked on a series of policies aimed at climate change reduction with active travel spending, massive tree planting initiatives and leading the world on recycling. There were two whole chapters on climate change in his election manifesto.

https://movingforward.wales/documents/WEB-14542_21-Welsh-Labour-Manifesto_A5.pdf

You may not like the policies or think they don’t work, but you’d have to be spectacularly thick or lying to say Drakeford doesn’t care about climate change.

Here’s an exercise in reasoning for you Felix. Reread your last sentence. If most people in the UK cannot afford heat pumps or electric vehicles as you say, how can there be nothing stopping them from doing their bit in the fight against climate change?

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Climate change on 10:54 - Sep 22 with 1690 viewsScotia

I'm fully behind all efforts to combat climate change, but we went too far too quickly in the UK when compared to other countries. I'd love us to be setting the global standard, provided other countries weren't too far behind but the major polluters are a long way behind.

Wales have gone even further with well intentioned but completely unworkable legislation such as the Wellbeing of Future Generations Act that are largely being ignored by those who are supposed to abide by them.

Effectively the efforts of the UK are a fart in a hurricane.

Sunak has done a massive U turn to appease the typical Tory voter and out of pure electioneering, and has made a fool of himself retracting policies that didn't exist, but perhaps Johnson was the bigger fool for introducing them in the first place.

I think the problem that we're going to see now is an increase in protests from Just Stop Oil and Extinction Rebellion.
Climate change on 11:00 - Sep 22 with 1688 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Climate change on 10:39 - Sep 22 by Badgeman

Someone’s criticised the Tories and you’re crying again lol. Why not invoke the grief of the victims of sex criminals again to score internet points?

Regardless of the merits of the 20mph policy, Drakefords embarked on a series of policies aimed at climate change reduction with active travel spending, massive tree planting initiatives and leading the world on recycling. There were two whole chapters on climate change in his election manifesto.

https://movingforward.wales/documents/WEB-14542_21-Welsh-Labour-Manifesto_A5.pdf

You may not like the policies or think they don’t work, but you’d have to be spectacularly thick or lying to say Drakeford doesn’t care about climate change.

Here’s an exercise in reasoning for you Felix. Reread your last sentence. If most people in the UK cannot afford heat pumps or electric vehicles as you say, how can there be nothing stopping them from doing their bit in the fight against climate change?

China has produced record amounts of CO2 in early 2023. The growth alone is equivalent to more CO2 than the UK produces.
So in one quarter they have increased their CO2 by more than we produce!

China's energy plan includes increasing coal use by 10 percent by 2030.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-chinas-co2-emissions-hit-q1-record-high-aft
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 11:13]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Climate change on 13:09 - Sep 22 with 1629 viewsBoundy

Climate change on 10:39 - Sep 22 by Badgeman

Have you planted your tree yet , I'm still waiting for mine .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Climate change on 13:35 - Sep 22 with 1612 viewsBadgeman

Climate change on 13:09 - Sep 22 by Boundy

Have you planted your tree yet , I'm still waiting for mine .

You were supposed to collect them. Were you under the impression they were mailing everyone a sapling?

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Climate change on 14:16 - Sep 22 with 1580 viewspencoedjack

Climate change on 13:35 - Sep 22 by Badgeman

You were supposed to collect them. Were you under the impression they were mailing everyone a sapling?

Incorrect you could choose to collect or have delivered.
Climate change on 15:09 - Sep 22 with 1534 viewsSullutaCreturned

exactly what I've been saying. When what we do literally has no impact on the global figures (actually they are still rising) then what is the point?

Humans are going to ruin the planet and unless the worst polluting countries get into stride there is no hope.
Climate change on 15:31 - Sep 22 with 1520 viewsFlashberryjack

Climate change is a natural phenomena, fact.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Climate change on 15:34 - Sep 22 with 1516 viewsScotia

Climate change on 15:31 - Sep 22 by Flashberryjack

It is. Driven by Greenhouse gases and followed by a mass extinction of Biodiversity.

Human activity is emitting greenhouse gases and humans are biodiversity. Good times.
Climate change on 15:48 - Sep 22 with 1500 viewsSullutaCreturned

Climate change on 15:31 - Sep 22 by Flashberryjack

Yes a large chunk of it is natural but humanity is still having a negative effect.

For me destruction of habitats is the big issue. It's throwing nature out of balance. Look at what we've done to the oceans, millions of tonnes of plastic that are in the food chain, some species of sea creatures fished nearly to extinction.

Drakeford can be worried about it in which case why has he imposed a speed limit that will see emissions rise?
Climate change on 16:17 - Sep 22 with 1467 viewsAnotherJohn

I accept that climate change is affected by human action, and I broadly support the steps the UK has taken so far. Tory Government or not , these amount to more than almost any other developed country has done. Rishi Sunak's delays are disappointing, but probably do represent a more realistic timescale than Boris' targets. I can't help thinking that the howls of anguish coming from certain quarters are overdone. if one compares the scale of the UK's release of greenhouse gases with that of the big players, how much impact do Sunak's actions really have on the global picture? It seems to me to be pretty marginal.
Climate change on 17:05 - Sep 22 with 1436 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Climate change on 16:17 - Sep 22 by AnotherJohn

I accept that climate change is affected by human action, and I broadly support the steps the UK has taken so far. Tory Government or not , these amount to more than almost any other developed country has done. Rishi Sunak's delays are disappointing, but probably do represent a more realistic timescale than Boris' targets. I can't help thinking that the howls of anguish coming from certain quarters are overdone. if one compares the scale of the UK's release of greenhouse gases with that of the big players, how much impact do Sunak's actions really have on the global picture? It seems to me to be pretty marginal.

When you look the volumes by country and current growth in CO2 from the likes of China and India anything we do to reduce our CO2 is not significant.

Climate change on 18:03 - Sep 22 with 1392 viewsFlashberryjack

Climate change on 17:05 - Sep 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

When you look the volumes by country and current growth in CO2 from the likes of China and India anything we do to reduce our CO2 is not significant.

Like mopping the sweat off a mans forehead when he's having a heart attack.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Climate change on 18:08 - Sep 22 with 1389 viewsBoundy

Climate change on 17:05 - Sep 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

I will continue to sort my waste , separate plastic, paper etc , minimise food waste & dutifully put out one black bag per fortnight as I'm sure many millions of others in this country do .
My conscious is clear , I wonder can the same be said about the Stop Oil protesters etc who target the innocent rather than the nations which emissions output far exceed this country ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Climate change on 18:23 - Sep 22 with 1376 viewsGwyn737

What a great thread. Loads of good points being made.

Of course there’s a huge natural element to it but it nuts to deny human impact. That argument is done.

I also think we should be careful citing India and China as examples of why it’s pointless us trying. It’s a bit hypocritical when we’ve moved so much of our manufacturing out there and we import so many of their goods.
Climate change on 18:31 - Sep 22 with 1372 viewsSullutaCreturned

Climate change on 18:23 - Sep 22 by Gwyn737

What a great thread. Loads of good points being made.

Of course there’s a huge natural element to it but it nuts to deny human impact. That argument is done.

I also think we should be careful citing India and China as examples of why it’s pointless us trying. It’s a bit hypocritical when we’ve moved so much of our manufacturing out there and we import so many of their goods.

Your last line, who mved manufacturing out there? It wasn't "us" it was the CEO's and the board who did it to maximise profits, that then led to us importing things from them.

That prt isn't entirely down to them but it mostly is. Besides, China and India aren'tonly increasing pollution because of manufacturing, its lso because they are going for cheaper power stations, coal fired, rather than more expensive, modern powr stations.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/02/1160441919/china-is-building-six-times-more-new-c

they're building 6 times as many new coal plants as the rest of the world, that's insane.
Climate change on 18:36 - Sep 22 with 1370 viewsGwyn737

Climate change on 18:31 - Sep 22 by SullutaCreturned

Your last line, who mved manufacturing out there? It wasn't "us" it was the CEO's and the board who did it to maximise profits, that then led to us importing things from them.

That prt isn't entirely down to them but it mostly is. Besides, China and India aren'tonly increasing pollution because of manufacturing, its lso because they are going for cheaper power stations, coal fired, rather than more expensive, modern powr stations.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/02/1160441919/china-is-building-six-times-more-new-c

they're building 6 times as many new coal plants as the rest of the world, that's insane.

I meant as in we allowed industries to be privatised and look what’s happened.

I’m not defending China at all, just questioning us putting in expensive measures and championing net zero while enabling (to some extent) Chinese manufacturing.
Climate change on 18:49 - Sep 22 with 1359 viewsSullutaCreturned

Climate change on 18:36 - Sep 22 by Gwyn737

I’m not defending China at all, just questioning us putting in expensive measures and championing net zero while enabling (to some extent) Chinese manufacturing.

Who is "we" who allowed privatisation? Again I'd say it wasn't the working class people but the rich and powerful, the ruling elites who already had the largest slice of the pie but still want evermore of it.

People buy stuff from China because they can afford it. On a personal level we look closely and try hard not to buy from China but a few things slip through.

The world is in a rotten place and who can change it? As long as the ruling elites are allowed to get away with their behaviour, nothing will change. And change is what we need.

I'm starting to become a rebel!
Climate change on 18:52 - Sep 22 with 1358 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Climate change on 18:08 - Sep 22 by Boundy

I will continue to sort my waste , separate plastic, paper etc , minimise food waste & dutifully put out one black bag per fortnight as I'm sure many millions of others in this country do .
My conscious is clear , I wonder can the same be said about the Stop Oil protesters etc who target the innocent rather than the nations which emissions output far exceed this country ,

Agree, diversity and plastic pollution etc. Is as big an issue as CO2 but CO2 gets much coverage.
CO2 is part of the natural course of things, killing off whole species is irreversible and microplastic pollution impossible to fix.

Climate change on 19:21 - Sep 22 with 1347 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Climate change on 18:36 - Sep 22 by Gwyn737

Agree, we are buying EVs made with power generated by coal from China!

That said British Leyland for example was a basket case and had to go.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 19:22]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024