Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cataracts 10:11 - Oct 13 with 5424 viewsE17hoop

Currently sitting in Moorfields getting assessed prior to booking me in for cataract surgery.

I'm going to have to have it on both eyes and curious if anyone here has had the same before? I'm looking forward to improved vision but not having one done and one not for a few weeks!

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Cataracts on 10:19 - Oct 13 with 4399 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to be reading about contracts... so maybe I need mine checked too!
Cataracts on 10:29 - Oct 13 with 4348 viewsguitarzan

Had a cataract op in Ealing hospital and it was over in 20 minutes. Recovery time was fairly short and free of problems. Wouldn’t recommend having both done at the same time though as you have to wear an eye shield for a couple of days. My biggest discomfort was having to sleep only on my left side for a few days. The difference to your eyesight will be enormous. Totally routine op nothing to worry about.
Cataracts on 10:51 - Oct 13 with 4284 viewsMrSheen

Cataracts on 10:29 - Oct 13 by guitarzan

Had a cataract op in Ealing hospital and it was over in 20 minutes. Recovery time was fairly short and free of problems. Wouldn’t recommend having both done at the same time though as you have to wear an eye shield for a couple of days. My biggest discomfort was having to sleep only on my left side for a few days. The difference to your eyesight will be enormous. Totally routine op nothing to worry about.

I had both done, either side of the play off final! Kingsbury R might remember me picking up a ticket from his house the night before on my way home from surgery. I went to the game with a bandage over one eye, but as it was the side Derby were attacking it in the second half, it was a blessing. Had no problem with our goal!

Doesn't hurt, the results are miraculous, especially as the artificial lenses also corrected my short-sight and meant I could read unassisted for the first time since I was five, though the passing of time means I now have to wear glasses at times. One very minor thing I have noticed recently is that the internal surface is filming over a little making my vision a little fuzzy, but I'm waiting for an appointment to blast that away with a laser, no drama.
Cataracts on 11:50 - Oct 13 with 4204 viewsE17hoop

Not worried about the surgery at all - I had wide awake retinal surgery a few years ago and that carried loads more risk than this.

I'm getting toric lenses to correct my astigmatism. It'll mean I'll have better eyesight than any time before in my life. What am I going to do with the 12 or so pairs of glasses I have though? And what do in the 6 weeks in between with one good eye and one unfixed eye?

Cataracts on 12:00 - Oct 13 with 4162 viewsMrSheen

Cataracts on 11:50 - Oct 13 by E17hoop

Not worried about the surgery at all - I had wide awake retinal surgery a few years ago and that carried loads more risk than this.

I'm getting toric lenses to correct my astigmatism. It'll mean I'll have better eyesight than any time before in my life. What am I going to do with the 12 or so pairs of glasses I have though? And what do in the 6 weeks in between with one good eye and one unfixed eye?

It was only five days for me so I broke the lens out of an old pair of glasses on my good eye. Made it hard to keep them on though. For years afterwards I was reluctant to chuck my lens paraphernalia for some reason.
Cataracts on 12:53 - Oct 13 with 4087 viewsE17hoop

Cataracts on 12:00 - Oct 13 by MrSheen

It was only five days for me so I broke the lens out of an old pair of glasses on my good eye. Made it hard to keep them on though. For years afterwards I was reluctant to chuck my lens paraphernalia for some reason.

Five days? Wow.

Cataracts on 13:00 - Oct 13 with 4068 viewskingsburyR

Cataracts on 10:51 - Oct 13 by MrSheen

I had both done, either side of the play off final! Kingsbury R might remember me picking up a ticket from his house the night before on my way home from surgery. I went to the game with a bandage over one eye, but as it was the side Derby were attacking it in the second half, it was a blessing. Had no problem with our goal!

Doesn't hurt, the results are miraculous, especially as the artificial lenses also corrected my short-sight and meant I could read unassisted for the first time since I was five, though the passing of time means I now have to wear glasses at times. One very minor thing I have noticed recently is that the internal surface is filming over a little making my vision a little fuzzy, but I'm waiting for an appointment to blast that away with a laser, no drama.

I do remember that Sheen!!!

Glad that the eyes have improved and you had enough vision to see Bobby's goal.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Cataracts on 14:15 - Oct 13 with 3973 viewsSonofpugwash

Had one done and waiting for the other one to "ripen".Two year waiting list.
Was hoping to get a "three for two" deal.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Cataracts on 14:18 - Oct 13 with 3976 viewsAddinall

I had both done last year,nine days apart.The eye shield mentioned above is not every surgeons choice and I did not have them.Improved my sight greatly.One eye then clouded over again and in June this was sorted with a 3 minute laser treatment.Like the original lens replacements this is virtually painless.You feel things happening but it didn't hurt.
Cataracts on 14:34 - Oct 13 with 3946 viewsMelakaRanger

A good mate had both eyes done , one in August and the other in September. He went private as the wait was far too long on the NHS and also to get the 'better' replacement lenses.

From what he told me it was really a non event.

Hes used daily contacts for decades and now doesn't need them at all. His vision is now 'perfect' and he is saving £70 every month by not now needs his contacts. He joked that as long as he lives another 8 years he will be in profit!
Cataracts on 14:43 - Oct 13 with 3935 viewsBoston

Cataracts on 10:19 - Oct 13 by Padulas_Shampoo

I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to be reading about contracts... so maybe I need mine checked too!

I thought there was going to be canoes involved.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cataracts on 14:46 - Oct 13 with 3924 viewsizlingtonhoop

Cataracts on 14:43 - Oct 13 by Boston

I thought there was going to be canoes involved.

Don't go chasing waterfalls
Cataracts on 14:54 - Oct 13 with 3898 viewsMick_S

My wife had an eye test, was diagnosed and operated on within 3 weeks on the nhs. An absolutely fantastic service. Down side, the op was in Slough. Perfect eyesight now and she said I’m ugly.

Nothing to worry about, it’s absolutely routine.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Cataracts on 15:38 - Oct 13 with 3857 viewsE17hoop

Cataracts on 14:54 - Oct 13 by Mick_S

My wife had an eye test, was diagnosed and operated on within 3 weeks on the nhs. An absolutely fantastic service. Down side, the op was in Slough. Perfect eyesight now and she said I’m ugly.

Nothing to worry about, it’s absolutely routine.

I've got ongoing eye problems - the retina, high eye pressure, muscle issues - and when they realised the cataracts were bad, they have seen me and booked in the first op within 6 weeks of the last assessment.

Cataracts on 15:50 - Oct 13 with 3828 viewsNewBee

"What am I going to do with the 12 or so pairs of glasses I have though?"

https://moralfibres.co.uk/what-to-do-with-old-glasses-recycle-donate/

That Chichester Lions link seems particularly worthy.
Cataracts on 18:14 - Oct 13 with 3760 viewsHAYESBOY

I thought for a second there we might have signed another ''experienced player''.

https://talksport.com/football/1572418/craig-cathcart-retires-kortrijk-watford-w
[Post edited 13 Oct 2023 18:15]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Cataracts on 18:37 - Oct 13 with 3736 viewsTW_R

Yeah - I've had 2 retinal detachment surgeries and then had cataract surgery in my right eye a few years later. You're right - the cataract surgery will be a walk in the park for you after the detachment surgery!

The funny thing was my sister-in-law had cataract surgery and said it was awful and that I should ask for sedation. I mentioned this to the consultant on the day of the surgery and he laughed and said that if you've had retinal detachment surgery you definitely don't need a sedative.

Bizarrely I've only had one cataract, so still have to wear a contact lense in one eye or wear glassed that just have a glass lens with no prescrition. I would just take the lens that you don't need out of your glasses. It might look a bit weird, but no point in spending any money just for 6 weeks.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2023 18:41]
Cataracts on 23:31 - Oct 13 with 3616 viewsDejR_vu

Why have you all had surgery? Are these conditions not a good thing when watching QPR?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Cataracts on 00:19 - Oct 14 with 3595 viewsMrSheen

Cataracts on 23:31 - Oct 13 by DejR_vu

Why have you all had surgery? Are these conditions not a good thing when watching QPR?

Good for watching Rangers. Not so good driving into a setting sun.
Cataracts on 10:35 - Oct 30 with 3238 viewsE17hoop

Cataracts on 18:37 - Oct 13 by TW_R

Yeah - I've had 2 retinal detachment surgeries and then had cataract surgery in my right eye a few years later. You're right - the cataract surgery will be a walk in the park for you after the detachment surgery!

The funny thing was my sister-in-law had cataract surgery and said it was awful and that I should ask for sedation. I mentioned this to the consultant on the day of the surgery and he laughed and said that if you've had retinal detachment surgery you definitely don't need a sedative.

Bizarrely I've only had one cataract, so still have to wear a contact lense in one eye or wear glassed that just have a glass lens with no prescrition. I would just take the lens that you don't need out of your glasses. It might look a bit weird, but no point in spending any money just for 6 weeks.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2023 18:41]

Followed this advice and picked up some lenses, just for the unfixed eye.

Currently prepped and waiting for surgery this morning.

Cataracts on 10:49 - Oct 30 with 3179 viewsWokingR

Cataracts on 10:35 - Oct 30 by E17hoop

Good luck
Hope all goes ok
Cataracts on 10:54 - Oct 30 with 3151 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I was in Moorfields the other day and guess who I bumped into?

Everybody.

Hope it goes well.
Cataracts on 08:30 - Nov 25 with 2699 viewsTW_R

Sorry buddy - missed this completely. How did the surgery go?
Cataracts on 11:42 - Nov 25 with 2570 viewsBoston

Cataracts on 08:30 - Nov 25 by TW_R

It was a beautifully moving service...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cataracts on 13:13 - Nov 25 with 2487 viewsE17hoop

Cataracts on 08:30 - Nov 25 by TW_R

Piece of piss. I dozed off while they were doing it.

I've now got a toric blue light lens in my right eye. Never seen as well out of this eye before. The right eye is being reviewed on 15 Dec with it being done asap afterwards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024