Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rwanda 10:21 - Nov 15 with 21660 viewsraynor94

Supreme court has ruled its illegal.

That's a lot of money down the drain, awaiting a comment from Suella

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rwanda on 17:11 - Nov 18 with 1020 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 16:03 - Nov 18 by Flashberryjack

Used to refer to, or relating to, the people who originally lived in a place, rather than people who moved there from somewhere else , no need to thank me

Was he serious ?
Jesus,explaining what indigenous means now.
Frightening some don’t know
Put ourselves first
We are not the worlds policeman or social services
We had an Empire but gave it back for them to do with it what they want .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rwanda on 17:14 - Nov 18 with 1019 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 17:04 - Nov 18 by AnotherJohn

Lord Reed was saying that existing UK law would still apply. For example, The Human Rights Act 1998 incorporates the rights set out in the ECHR into domestic British law. However, my understanding is that we cannot easily amend this UK legislation without withdrawing from the ECHR. There isn't some codified body of "international law" separate from the various treaties, conventions and case law.

A long road for something so expensive and ineffective.

You were quite right in an earlier post when you mentioned that it’s a big problem that needs a gig solution(s).
Rwanda on 17:18 - Nov 18 with 1009 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 17:11 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

Was he serious ?
Jesus,explaining what indigenous means now.
Frightening some don’t know
Put ourselves first
We are not the worlds policeman or social services
We had an Empire but gave it back for them to do with it what they want .

Absolutely serious, hence the comment on the former Home Secretary and PM.

How many generations have to be born here to be indigenous. How does it work for children where one parent is an immigrant and one is ‘home grown’?

Can only one skin tone be termed as indigenous?

When did being able to be called British start?
Rwanda on 18:04 - Nov 18 with 983 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda on 17:18 - Nov 18 by Gwyn737

Absolutely serious, hence the comment on the former Home Secretary and PM.

How many generations have to be born here to be indigenous. How does it work for children where one parent is an immigrant and one is ‘home grown’?

Can only one skin tone be termed as indigenous?

When did being able to be called British start?

"Can only one skin tone be termed as indigenous"

Of course not, but I can see the path you're trying to lead the conversation.

Although, you can have grey Squirrels and Red Squirrels, but only one is classed as an indigenous species, but that's the colour of their fur not skin, so not sure if that counts.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rwanda on 18:15 - Nov 18 with 974 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 18:04 - Nov 18 by Flashberryjack

Although, you can have grey Squirrels and Red Squirrels, but only one is classed as an indigenous species, but that's the colour of their fur not skin, so not sure if that counts.

What about if one of each mate? 😉

Place of birth is a quirk of fate. My Colombian dentist, Cameroonian Doctor and my boys Algerian football coach (all second generation British II think - not 100% sure) give more to the country and are better citizens than others with longer providences.

Not trying to lead down any path, just trying to demonstrate that the term Indigenous British is a difficult one to nail down.

My initial question stands. Is Suella Braveman British?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2023 18:16]
Rwanda on 18:26 - Nov 18 with 931 viewstrampie

Rwanda on 18:15 - Nov 18 by Gwyn737

Place of birth is a quirk of fate. My Colombian dentist, Cameroonian Doctor and my boys Algerian football coach (all second generation British II think - not 100% sure) give more to the country and are better citizens than others with longer providences.

Not trying to lead down any path, just trying to demonstrate that the term Indigenous British is a difficult one to nail down.

Lots of Germanic immigrants came to Britannia back in the day, what is now called England is overrun and their Royal family is Germanic, I say 'their' because a lot of Welsh people don't recognise them 'not my King' as the Welsh have their own royal houses - now long gone.
A quarter of the people living in Wales were born in England.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Rwanda on 19:54 - Nov 18 with 909 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 18:15 - Nov 18 by Gwyn737

Braverman. British? So what if she isn’t.
What’s her bloodline
What about her parentage
What about her roots

It’s like Verwoed South Africa

Rwanda on 20:03 - Nov 18 with 898 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 19:54 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

Braverman. British? So what if she isn’t.
What’s her bloodline
What about her parentage
What about her roots

It’s like Verwoed South Africa

That’s my point.

It doesn’t matter.
Login to get fewer ads

Rwanda on 20:08 - Nov 18 with 896 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 20:03 - Nov 18 by Gwyn737

That’s my point.

It doesn’t matter.

I ll get out then while we agree
I tend to plough my own furrow

Rwanda on 13:13 - Nov 19 with 821 viewsWingstandwood

Everything I and others predicted way in advance? Is now unfolding right before our very eyes!

Twenty five terrorist suspects are known to have used small boats to enter Britain this year alone. And those are just the ones that U.K's intelligence services know about i.e. sleeper cell 'clean skins' tend to go under the radar!!!!

The "gammon' have been proven to be 100% right and the real "knuckledraggers" are the ones's that smeared indivduals with common sense and ability to predict the bleeding bloody obvious.

Argus!

Rwanda on 14:02 - Nov 19 with 806 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 13:13 - Nov 19 by Wingstandwood

Everything I and others predicted way in advance? Is now unfolding right before our very eyes!

Twenty five terrorist suspects are known to have used small boats to enter Britain this year alone. And those are just the ones that U.K's intelligence services know about i.e. sleeper cell 'clean skins' tend to go under the radar!!!!

The "gammon' have been proven to be 100% right and the real "knuckledraggers" are the ones's that smeared indivduals with common sense and ability to predict the bleeding bloody obvious.

Refugees welcome mun

Rwanda on 14:09 - Nov 19 with 797 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda on 14:02 - Nov 19 by onehunglow

Refugees welcome mun

And guess what? They cannot even deport individuals who pose great harm to this country and its children (Manchester hey!) because the vermin within the legal profession are reported to be waiting on the sidelines ready to block it!

Seriously this country has been poisoned with WOKE ideology, low-life's and laws that an affront to all decency and common sense.

Argus!

Rwanda on 14:30 - Nov 19 with 774 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 14:09 - Nov 19 by Wingstandwood

And guess what? They cannot even deport individuals who pose great harm to this country and its children (Manchester hey!) because the vermin within the legal profession are reported to be waiting on the sidelines ready to block it!

Seriously this country has been poisoned with WOKE ideology, low-life's and laws that an affront to all decency and common sense.

So right.
We have people strolling around our streets of whom we have no idea of their background .
These people are nurtured every step of the way whilst our own folk,especially old folk ,shiver and die.
Difference is nobody gives a monkeys as these old people aren’t politically good points wise .
It shames us
Every one of us should visit a cesspit care home and ask themselves if they fancy living out their lives there .
Rwanda seems a decent shout.
Sadly ,our gutless government and lying Labour Party haven’t the balls to admit as much.

Arsenal seem to think it’s a great place to visit

Rwanda on 15:26 - Nov 19 with 748 viewsAnotherJohn

Rwanda on 14:30 - Nov 19 by onehunglow

So right.
We have people strolling around our streets of whom we have no idea of their background .
These people are nurtured every step of the way whilst our own folk,especially old folk ,shiver and die.
Difference is nobody gives a monkeys as these old people aren’t politically good points wise .
It shames us
Every one of us should visit a cesspit care home and ask themselves if they fancy living out their lives there .
Sadly ,our gutless government and lying Labour Party haven’t the balls to admit as much.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that Rwanda has a good health care system by African standards, and mused about whether any African country would be deemed safe in that respect. I had noticed a 2023 report of an unsuccessful appeal against a Scottish immigration tribunal decision which blocked deportation because the person concerned might be unable to obtain a regular supply of his necessary medications in Gambia and would face a 'real risk of social ­isolation and stigmatisation' . Gambian drug dealer Joachim Carlos had entered the UK illegally and ended up raping a woman at knifepoint in Edinburgh, for which he was sentenced to 11 years in jail. Normally a sentence of that length means automatic deportation on release. I am not sure whether this case breaks new ground by saying deportation cannot go ahead when a required medicine will not be provided in the destination country (as the Mail report seems to suggest), or if this comes about because there is an exemption from the usual rules for released prisoners with diagnosed mental illness (schizophrenia in this case). If the first became the rule then it seems to me we will be struggling to find very many safe countries outside the developed world for deportations.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12605729/Foreign-rapist-whos-danger-wom
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 16:18]
Rwanda on 15:29 - Nov 19 with 742 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda on 14:30 - Nov 19 by onehunglow

So right.
It shames us

It’s in some ways black comedy stuff?

Ummm get either border control or RNLI to transport terrorists who have already paid people smugglers £5,000 with free of charge transport/support to aid and abet insertion tactics.

Next, provide the future terrorists with free accommodation and free internet to set em up further for future mission objectives.

And not only that?

If they do happen to get rumbled by becoming a recognised terrorism risk? With deportation being the only sensible action available?

Lawyers and legal aid will then be provided free of charge so that they can defeat deportation to enable them them to continue being an existential threat, despite the dangers and huge waste of money both from the legal and intelligence resource costs involved.

Common sense? It used to be the in thing in the 1960's!

Argus!

Rwanda on 17:32 - Nov 19 with 698 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda on 21:32 - Nov 15 by Flashberryjack

I think the majority of the people of the UK agree with sending people that enter the UK illegally be sent to Rwanda.

There must be something wrong when a democratically government can't pass laws to protect it's own borders.

I disagree, everyone thinks Rwanda is just a publicity stunt.

And thats almost certainly because it is.

Beware of the Risen People

Rwanda on 17:46 - Nov 19 with 694 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda on 16:05 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

Gimmick of not, it’s a way of relieving the burden on British people and that includes Wales,where health services are basically Donald ducked.
And we want more here?
I’d rather our people took precedence but it looks good pitying the poor immigrant
Labour ….what would they do?
Plaid? …invite them over and learn Welsh so they can apply for a house in Caernarfon and impressing the Coffis in the process .

No its not.

How big do you think these planes are ?
Plus the idiot UK has already paid the Rwandan government £140m, but no asylum seeker has actually been sent to the country. 🤬
Money that could be spent on uk citizens to your point.

Bibby Stockholm has cost more than £22m to Corporate Travel Management just for the lease of the barge over an 18-month period. Plus £300,000 a week - full costs are not being released.
Again money that could be spent on uk citizens to your point.

These numbers of people deported or held at sea are a tiny percentage of those arriving daily.
This stuff will never fix the problem.
Its populist shite.

Now if they actually processed them in a timely manner ….then many could work and others deported legally. Thats the game. No headlines though, so Tories not interested.

Beware of the Risen People

Rwanda on 18:13 - Nov 19 with 675 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Rwanda on 18:04 - Nov 18 by Flashberryjack

Even red squirrels only arrived in the British isles very very recently across dogerland. They and the grey are completely separate species sundered by millions of years of evolution. They are as different to each other as a human and a bonobo is. In evolutionary terms humans have been around for such a short time and have moved around so much there’s no people on earth who can truly be described as indigenous.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Rwanda on 18:16 - Nov 19 with 671 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 18:13 - Nov 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Even red squirrels only arrived in the British isles very very recently across dogerland. They and the grey are completely separate species sundered by millions of years of evolution. They are as different to each other as a human and a bonobo is. In evolutionary terms humans have been around for such a short time and have moved around so much there’s no people on earth who can truly be described as indigenous.

Brilliantly put 👏

If it’s so easy to identify indigenous British people, why has nobody answered my Braverman question?

It’s because it’s pretty impossible.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 18:18]
Rwanda on 19:05 - Nov 19 with 643 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda on 18:13 - Nov 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Red squirrels are our native species and have lived in the UK for around 10,000 years, grey squirrels were introduced to the UK from North America by the Victorians in the 1800s, the first record of them escaping and establishing a wild population is 1876.

10,000 years, I never knew they kept records back then.

Hello

Rwanda on 19:21 - Nov 19 with 632 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Rwanda on 19:05 - Nov 19 by Flashberryjack

Red squirrels are our native species and have lived in the UK for around 10,000 years, grey squirrels were introduced to the UK from North America by the Victorians in the 1800s, the first record of them escaping and establishing a wild population is 1876.

There’s probably drawings of squirrels on a cave wall somewhere I’d imagine.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Rwanda on 19:42 - Nov 19 with 626 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 19:05 - Nov 19 by Flashberryjack

Is that applicable to humans then?

Family here since Victorian times makes a person indigenous?
Rwanda on 20:36 - Nov 19 with 605 viewsAnotherJohn

Presumably those who say there is no indigenous British population also think there is no such thing as British culture or place-based values. I remember a time when "progressive" opinion, in anthropology and public discourse more generally, argued that we needed to preserve the way of life of indigenous populations that risked been swept away by colonialism, modernity, industrialisation etc. One still sometimes hears this line of argument, now often linked to protecting nature and conservation.

https://www.iied.org/protecting-indigenous-cultures-crucial-for-saving-worlds-bi

https://www.amnesty.org/en/what-we-do/indigenous-peoples/

https://www.unep.org/news-and-stories/story/indigenous-people-and-nature-traditi

https://blogs.worldbank.org/voices/three-reasons-why-we-should-all-care-about-in

Yet puzzlingly this appears to only apply to the populations in developing countries or minorities. Last year in its written Communities Policy the WG said: "Our Programme for Government is founded on the distinctively Welsh values of community, equality and social justice", but we seem shy about saying that we have values and a culture that has evolved over a long period of time, but which many are all too keen to change.
Rwanda on 20:51 - Nov 19 with 579 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 20:36 - Nov 19 by AnotherJohn

Presumably those who say there is no indigenous British population also think there is no such thing as British culture or place-based values. I remember a time when "progressive" opinion, in anthropology and public discourse more generally, argued that we needed to preserve the way of life of indigenous populations that risked been swept away by colonialism, modernity, industrialisation etc. One still sometimes hears this line of argument, now often linked to protecting nature and conservation.

https://www.iied.org/protecting-indigenous-cultures-crucial-for-saving-worlds-bi

https://www.amnesty.org/en/what-we-do/indigenous-peoples/

https://www.unep.org/news-and-stories/story/indigenous-people-and-nature-traditi

https://blogs.worldbank.org/voices/three-reasons-why-we-should-all-care-about-in

Yet puzzlingly this appears to only apply to the populations in developing countries or minorities. Last year in its written Communities Policy the WG said: "Our Programme for Government is founded on the distinctively Welsh values of community, equality and social justice", but we seem shy about saying that we have values and a culture that has evolved over a long period of time, but which many are all too keen to change.

Are values of ‘community, equality and social justice’ uniquely Welsh.

You’re bang on the money to say that our culture has evolved over time. That’s why it’s so hard to pin down.

This quote sums it up, if a bit twee:

Being British is about driving a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then traveling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

I am curious to see what traditions are thought to be under threat.
Rwanda on 20:54 - Nov 19 with 575 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda on 19:42 - Nov 19 by Gwyn737

Is that applicable to humans then?

Family here since Victorian times makes a person indigenous?

Not necessarily, it was just response to another post.

What continent were they from originally ?

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024