Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rwanda 10:21 - Nov 15 with 21677 viewsraynor94

Supreme court has ruled its illegal.

That's a lot of money down the drain, awaiting a comment from Suella

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rwanda on 13:11 - Nov 16 with 1217 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 10:10 - Nov 16 by AnotherJohn

The government's argument is about deterrent effect rather than overseas processing for all arrivals, and i suppose one would have to say that whether this will work is an empirical question. The situation with Albanians, where the number of arrivals is sharply down this year, might give a clue. Last year about a quarter of cross channel arrivals (or around 10.000 persons) were Albanians. Since the agreement took effect in December 2022, the UK government returned around 1000 and that seems enough to stem the inward flow. The 1000 returns includes illegal arrivals by all routes - which came to about 16000 in 2022.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 10:15]

Albanians supply us with essentials ( for some)

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rwanda on 13:28 - Nov 16 with 1205 viewsAnotherJohn

Rwanda on 13:11 - Nov 16 by onehunglow

Albanians supply us with essentials ( for some)

Well most of those who came last year are still here. But surely the worthy denizens of this forum do not buy the services they supply?
Rwanda on 14:10 - Nov 16 with 1177 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 13:28 - Nov 16 by AnotherJohn

Well most of those who came last year are still here. But surely the worthy denizens of this forum do not buy the services they supply?

They have a wide range of products and helpful sales agents willing to offer deals and discounts to regular customers .

Rwanda on 15:33 - Nov 16 with 1142 viewsWingstandwood

A special mention for Kurdish entrepreneurship outside of FTSE small cap companies, for their succesful involvement in the alternative (*cough, cough, cough*) 'U.K leisure and recreational sector' which must be a darn profitable niche market I guess.

In fact they've had a head start in Sweden so much so that (funded via tax-relief as essential item?)AK 47 automatic assault rifles are required to protect cash flow and PE ratio's.

And nice to see 'South Wales Evening Post' front page headline reporting today about
'Nip Farms' being established in SW Wales with yet another alternative business initative involving properties of multiple occupation being used to house asylum seekers.

Boy oh boy (to quote WOKE cliche's) "these people offer diversity" and "multiculturalism is our strength". These small boat arrivals are going so well are they not?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/nip-farm-speeding-driver-tickets-2
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/drug-dealer-forced-sell-cocaine
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 18:20]

Argus!

Rwanda on 17:19 - Nov 16 with 1106 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda on 06:19 - Nov 16 by Whiterockin

I think you are wrong.

And I think I'm right - sue me

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rwanda on 22:55 - Nov 16 with 1064 viewswaynekerr55

Rwanda on 21:32 - Nov 15 by Flashberryjack

I think the majority of the people of the UK agree with sending people that enter the UK illegally be sent to Rwanda.

There must be something wrong when a democratically government can't pass laws to protect it's own borders.

But they could. Instead of sound bites and poor policy, they could staff border force, process applications and deport people

Instead it's all about creating distractions and getting us to tear into each other whilst they rob the public purse for their cronies

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rwanda on 23:37 - Nov 16 with 1057 viewsmajorraglan

And it appears the Foreign Secretary has previously referred to the Rwanda solicitor as bat@@@@!

Italy is setting up a compliant processing regime in Albania, something we could have considered?
Rwanda on 10:22 - Nov 17 with 1026 viewscontroversial_jack

Rwanda on 23:37 - Nov 16 by majorraglan

And it appears the Foreign Secretary has previously referred to the Rwanda solicitor as bat@@@@!

Italy is setting up a compliant processing regime in Albania, something we could have considered?

I believe this govt has shut down all legal routes
Login to get fewer ads

Rwanda on 10:50 - Nov 17 with 1014 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Rwanda on 10:22 - Nov 17 by controversial_jack

I believe this govt has shut down all legal routes

Details of the safe and legal migration routes into the UK.

https://immigrationbarrister.co.uk/asylum-what-are-safe-and-legal-routes/

[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 10:53]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Rwanda on 12:19 - Nov 17 with 982 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 10:50 - Nov 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

With the exception of Afganitsan, Ukraine and Hong Kong, (the Refugee Family Reunion was been applied to tiny numbers) there are no safe and legal routes to the UK.

This means you must be on the shores to claim assylum.

This means small boats and massive paydays for people traffikers
Rwanda on 13:28 - Nov 17 with 941 viewscontroversial_jack

Rwanda on 10:50 - Nov 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

From Amnesty international

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/uk-governments-failure-open-safe-and-l
Rwanda on 13:47 - Nov 17 with 924 viewsWhiterockin

The Internet is a weird and wonderful place. It doesn't matter what crap you post you can find a stat to back it up.
Rwanda on 13:50 - Nov 17 with 910 viewsAnotherJohn

I have never been able to understand why some believe that the creation of additional safe and legal routes would change the calculation of intending irregular migrants who would not qualify for them. Do we really think that young men from countries where the degree of risk of persecution is highly debateable will be at the front of the queue? It is true that the refugee family reunification scheme and the 3 refugee resettlement schemes involve quite small numbers, but conversely the 3 nationality-specific schemes (each of which has sub-schemes) involve high numbers. I am sympathetic to those latter schemes, but surely admitting large numbers in that way means we must be selective about what others are allowed in. In the YE June 2022 1,109,000 immigrants were admitted to the UK. This is larger than the figure for irregular migrants (about 82K), and takes no account of those emigrating, but it is the number of new arrivals who must be integrated into UK society, I'd say that that is a daunting task and the limited nature of our success is beginning to show. Can we really open the gates wider and not face really serious consequences?
Rwanda on 14:47 - Nov 17 with 881 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda on 13:50 - Nov 17 by AnotherJohn

I have never been able to understand why some believe that the creation of additional safe and legal routes would change the calculation of intending irregular migrants who would not qualify for them. Do we really think that young men from countries where the degree of risk of persecution is highly debateable will be at the front of the queue? It is true that the refugee family reunification scheme and the 3 refugee resettlement schemes involve quite small numbers, but conversely the 3 nationality-specific schemes (each of which has sub-schemes) involve high numbers. I am sympathetic to those latter schemes, but surely admitting large numbers in that way means we must be selective about what others are allowed in. In the YE June 2022 1,109,000 immigrants were admitted to the UK. This is larger than the figure for irregular migrants (about 82K), and takes no account of those emigrating, but it is the number of new arrivals who must be integrated into UK society, I'd say that that is a daunting task and the limited nature of our success is beginning to show. Can we really open the gates wider and not face really serious consequences?

Ahhhhhh "safe and legal" routes of type with implementation that ends up making the U.K vastly more easier to enter illegally by making it "legal" and with zero/sub-standard stringent documentation criteria/vetting/barriers? And at the very same time lays on free transport no matter what?

Anyone who thinks that it's perfectly fine for OCG's members, narco-state drug gang members, on-the-run fugitives, criminals and justice escapees etc to be given fast-track/rubber-stamped citizenship, despite the fact they arrived empty handed with a new alias in thought/mind only? Is an imbecile with the common sense, critical thinking ability and rationality of a 4 year old child.

A form of safe and legal route has been provided in the U.S.A courtesy of the U.S governments orders to cut barbed wire. And looked at the catastrophic consequences of that!

Argus!

Rwanda on 14:50 - Nov 17 with 879 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda on 22:55 - Nov 16 by waynekerr55

But they could. Instead of sound bites and poor policy, they could staff border force, process applications and deport people

Instead it's all about creating distractions and getting us to tear into each other whilst they rob the public purse for their cronies

How can you deport people when there are so many appeals and loopholes for lawyers & judges to exploit under the umbrella of the ECHR.

The only way to deport illegals migrants is to get out of the ECHR, but even if the UK government were to withdraw from the treaty, some judge would rule it to be unlawful, this country is well fooked.

We should open the gates to everyone that wants to come here.

Hello

Rwanda on 15:03 - Nov 17 with 874 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda on 14:50 - Nov 17 by Flashberryjack

How can you deport people when there are so many appeals and loopholes for lawyers & judges to exploit under the umbrella of the ECHR.

The only way to deport illegals migrants is to get out of the ECHR, but even if the UK government were to withdraw from the treaty, some judge would rule it to be unlawful, this country is well fooked.

Society will pay a very heavy price, because a message has been sent out to the entire world that the U.K is open for buisness to anyone and everyone. The Nazi justice escapees used Argentina, if only borders were then, what they are now hey!

Someone could be a child murderer serial killer on the verge of being caught in his own homeland. No problem just turn up in the future at a "safe and legal" processing hub without any documentation, all sorted!
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 15:03]

Argus!

Rwanda on 16:45 - Nov 17 with 827 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 13:50 - Nov 17 by AnotherJohn

I can think of three reasons to start off.

First, if there were safe and legal routes it would dramatically reduce the need for people traffickers

Second, if these centres were based on the continent, we’d have control over processing and who came in.

And third, if these were available I think there’d be far more consensus on punitive treatment for those who ignore them.

Some seem to think that being anti the Rwanda policy means you want open borders. It doesn’t. Most are against it because it’s stupid, unworkable and expensive.
Rwanda on 17:09 - Nov 17 with 810 viewsAnotherJohn

Rwanda on 16:45 - Nov 17 by Gwyn737

First, if there were safe and legal routes it would dramatically reduce the need for people traffickers

Second, if these centres were based on the continent, we’d have control over processing and who came in.

And third, if these were available I think there’d be far more consensus on punitive treatment for those who ignore them.

Some seem to think that being anti the Rwanda policy means you want open borders. It doesn’t. Most are against it because it’s stupid, unworkable and expensive.

The first is the one that I find completely implausible. The former head of the UK Border Force said as much. The problem is that young single men would have less priority than families and women, many of whom would be likely to come from the refugee camps nearer unsafe countries, rather than from safe Western European countries (mainly France as Belgium handles the problem better). These young men would still constitute a ready market for the services of the people smugglers. The result would be new routes plus a continuing cross-channel problem.

Processing of applications in Western Europe is a rather different issue. It might solve the problem of returns for those whose applications are rejected (deportations from the UK are impossible for large numbers of cases). However, this would perpetuate the problem of the unfairness of putting young single men in safe countries at the head of the queue. If you put the processing centres in the refugee camps you are back to the problem that the young men in Europe turn to the people smugglers.

The third claimed advantage of support for more punitive treatment of law breakers is also problematic. This is because the legal framework would be unchanged and the provisions of the 1951 Refugee Convention have been interpreted as preventing such sanctions.

Further to the earlier discussion of safe routes see this link.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/khalid-mahmood-safe-routes-refugees/
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 17:14]
Rwanda on 17:14 - Nov 17 with 802 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 17:09 - Nov 17 by AnotherJohn

The first is the one that I find completely implausible. The former head of the UK Border Force said as much. The problem is that young single men would have less priority than families and women, many of whom would be likely to come from the refugee camps nearer unsafe countries, rather than from safe Western European countries (mainly France as Belgium handles the problem better). These young men would still constitute a ready market for the services of the people smugglers. The result would be new routes plus a continuing cross-channel problem.

Processing of applications in Western Europe is a rather different issue. It might solve the problem of returns for those whose applications are rejected (deportations from the UK are impossible for large numbers of cases). However, this would perpetuate the problem of the unfairness of putting young single men in safe countries at the head of the queue. If you put the processing centres in the refugee camps you are back to the problem that the young men in Europe turn to the people smugglers.

The third claimed advantage of support for more punitive treatment of law breakers is also problematic. This is because the legal framework would be unchanged and the provisions of the 1951 Refugee Convention have been interpreted as preventing such sanctions.

Further to the earlier discussion of safe routes see this link.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/khalid-mahmood-safe-routes-refugees/
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 17:14]

Without point 1 you can’t have point 2 and 3

Edit: as I said before in regards to your link, there are a small number of schemes for a small number of countries.

Here’s the link from the self same site

https://fullfact.org/immigration/safe-and-legal-asylum-routes/
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 17:16]
Rwanda on 17:16 - Nov 17 with 798 viewsAnotherJohn

Rwanda on 17:14 - Nov 17 by Gwyn737

Without point 1 you can’t have point 2 and 3

Edit: as I said before in regards to your link, there are a small number of schemes for a small number of countries.

Here’s the link from the self same site

https://fullfact.org/immigration/safe-and-legal-asylum-routes/
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 17:16]

Indeed, and if point 1 doesn't work there is no benefit - quite the opposite in fact.

P.S. Your link to full fact involves a rather fine semantic distinction as the existing UK schemes confer refugee status (or straightforward ILR) without the intermediate step of waiting in the UK as an asylum seeker and then gaining refugee status.

There are several safe and legal routes for certain persons to gain refuge in the UK.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 18:55]
Rwanda on 17:22 - Nov 17 with 790 viewsFlashberryjack

"Second, if these centres were based on the continent, we’d have control over processing and who came in"

2 questions.
1 which countries do you think would allow us to open the centres, considering, where would those applying would stay and be fed while their application was processed.

2 Don't you think that those without a legitimate right to enter the UK, and those that had enough money to pay the people traffickers to jump the queue, would still take the risk in a dinghies.

Hello

Rwanda on 18:02 - Nov 17 with 755 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda on 17:22 - Nov 17 by Flashberryjack

"Second, if these centres were based on the continent, we’d have control over processing and who came in"

2 questions.
1 which countries do you think would allow us to open the centres, considering, where would those applying would stay and be fed while their application was processed.

2 Don't you think that those without a legitimate right to enter the UK, and those that had enough money to pay the people traffickers to jump the queue, would still take the risk in a dinghies.

The funniest thing of all is those that think a "safe and legal route" is going to be the silver bullet to stop illegal entry into the U.K.

If it becomes a WOKE-soft touch farce? It'll encourage even more to come in illegally and if it’s hard-line they will still come by small boats anyhow.

Streetwise and 'switched-on' people in the U.S and over here have noticed that the more you accomodate people and the more you bend over backwards to aid and abette their plans, the more that will come in after that.

What we have all got to hope and pray for is the election of a Labour government is not viewed by wannabe entrants to the U.K in exactly the same way that people who wished to cross the border illegally into the U.S did after a change of governemnt.

If it is? It'll be open floodgates time with an absolute catastrophe in the making!!!!

Argus!

Rwanda on 19:10 - Nov 17 with 709 viewswaynekerr55

Rwanda on 14:50 - Nov 17 by Flashberryjack

There really aren't any loopholes. We take far less than other countries yet we act like we take all and sundry.

With climate change and geopolitical instability there simply isn't going to be an end to mass migration, we need an international and joined up approach to this issue, which I won't hold my breath for

Rwanda on 19:10 - Nov 17 with 708 viewswaynekerr55

Rwanda on 18:02 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

The funniest thing of all is those that think a "safe and legal route" is going to be the silver bullet to stop illegal entry into the U.K.

If it becomes a WOKE-soft touch farce? It'll encourage even more to come in illegally and if it’s hard-line they will still come by small boats anyhow.

Streetwise and 'switched-on' people in the U.S and over here have noticed that the more you accomodate people and the more you bend over backwards to aid and abette their plans, the more that will come in after that.

What we have all got to hope and pray for is the election of a Labour government is not viewed by wannabe entrants to the U.K in exactly the same way that people who wished to cross the border illegally into the U.S did after a change of governemnt.

If it is? It'll be open floodgates time with an absolute catastrophe in the making!!!!

What does woke mean?

Rwanda on 19:11 - Nov 17 with 707 viewsonehunglow

Safe and legal roisters!
Yiu miss the point.
They shouldn’t be coming here en masse,no matter who brings them in.
This is the point.
We are full,our resources are stretched to breaking point .

The issue is where we send them to after they land
Frankly,I’m not that bothered.
Our country first and last.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024