Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rwanda 10:21 - Nov 15 with 21676 viewsraynor94

Supreme court has ruled its illegal.

That's a lot of money down the drain, awaiting a comment from Suella

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rwanda on 21:29 - Nov 23 with 1282 viewsbuilthjack

The Con people have gone green and grounded the flights.
Oh, they never started.
It must be pushing £200 million now.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rwanda on 08:09 - Nov 24 with 1236 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 13:45 - Nov 23 by majorraglan

There were a couple of articles in last years press about the government not wanting to increase the number of training places as the new doctors and nurses wouldn’t come on stream for a few years well after the next General Election and if they lost Labour would benefit from the additional staff.

We’ve also seen new immigration figures released today, with an extra 1.5m coming in and an aging population who require more care you’d think we’d be prioritising the nhs.

The number granted visa for social care jumped from 12.5k last year to 77.5k this year.

These jobs ae simply too low paid. UK workers won't do them and bringing overseas workers in doesn't generate enough tax revenue.

We need to find ways around this sort of thing.
Rwanda on 12:36 - Nov 25 with 1165 viewsbuilthjack

Johnson and sunak should be arrested and jailed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rwanda on 13:43 - Nov 25 with 1147 viewsSullutaCreturned

Rwanda on 12:36 - Nov 25 by builthjack

Thing is both have them have been lying while they are in high public office, they should be charged with misconduct and face charges.

They won't though because there isn't really any justice anymore.
Rwanda on 14:09 - Nov 25 with 1142 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 13:43 - Nov 25 by SullutaCreturned

Thing is both have them have been lying while they are in high public office, they should be charged with misconduct and face charges.

They won't though because there isn't really any justice anymore.

The pound in your pocket ,of course,won’t be affected
Harold Wilson

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rwanda on 18:12 - Nov 27 with 1094 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda on 12:36 - Nov 25 by builthjack

And Blair deserved his knighthood.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rwanda on 18:15 - Nov 27 with 1090 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 18:12 - Nov 27 by Flashberryjack

And Blair deserved his knighthood.

As for corruption and liars we could Chuck in Lloyd George,the first to really get into money for honours .
Manchester born but Welsh .
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 18:16]

Rwanda on 18:20 - Nov 27 with 1082 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda on 18:15 - Nov 27 by onehunglow

As for corruption and liars we could Chuck in Lloyd George,the first to really get into money for honours .
Manchester born but Welsh .
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 18:16]

Come to think of it, there's not many politicians didn't deserve a spell behind bars.

Unfortunately, some are selective who'd they want imprisoned is according to their political leanings, one eyed warriors.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Rwanda on 15:35 - Nov 30 with 1035 viewsWingstandwood

17,000 gone missing on top of those that slipped through the net and never got counted anyhow!

Staggering! Yokels here! Yokels there! Yokels everywhere!

Argus!

Rwanda on 17:14 - Nov 30 with 1015 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 18:20 - Nov 27 by Flashberryjack

Come to think of it, there's not many politicians didn't deserve a spell behind bars.

Unfortunately, some are selective who'd they want imprisoned is according to their political leanings, one eyed warriors.

Is right.
Do you remember “ honest” Harold . I remember his broadcast to the nation .
Liar.

Meanwhile 17000 missing. How many criminals Mongst them then.
Still, refugees welcome .
Innit

Rwanda on 18:50 - Nov 30 with 998 viewsbuilthjack

Rwanda on 15:35 - Nov 30 by Wingstandwood

17,000 gone missing on top of those that slipped through the net and never got counted anyhow!

Staggering! Yokels here! Yokels there! Yokels everywhere!

Meanwhile Rwanda are still raking in the money for keeping a load of places ready for the deportees.

Rwanda on 19:26 - Nov 30 with 992 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda on 18:50 - Nov 30 by builthjack

Meanwhile Rwanda are still raking in the money for keeping a load of places ready for the deportees.

Yes Minister, Monty Python, Brass Eye or The New Statesman etc never ever came up with script writing involving situations that were as farcical and preposterous as what is happening now.

Because what we are seeing unfold right before our very eyes, would have been perceived as way too far fetched for any script writer! The complete and utter abandonment of border control hey! And a bunch of idiots in charge sooooooooo utterly incompetent...... Absolutely surreal!!!!

Argus!

Rwanda on 21:10 - Nov 30 with 957 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 19:26 - Nov 30 by Wingstandwood

Yes Minister, Monty Python, Brass Eye or The New Statesman etc never ever came up with script writing involving situations that were as farcical and preposterous as what is happening now.

Because what we are seeing unfold right before our very eyes, would have been perceived as way too far fetched for any script writer! The complete and utter abandonment of border control hey! And a bunch of idiots in charge sooooooooo utterly incompetent...... Absolutely surreal!!!!

I think it’s perfect for Yes Minister:

Hacker: What are we going to do about illegal immigration?

Sir Humphrey: I’m afraid it’s impossible to find a solution that will please both wings of the party. The Home Secretary and the Chancellor are diametrically opposed to any solution we can offer,, not to mention the Treasury who are twitchy about the cost of effective measures.

Hacker: We can’t just do nothing, it’s costing us votes.

Sir Humphrey: There is something we could do I suppose….

Hacker: Spit it out man!

Sir Humphrey: We could pretend to do something when actually, we do nothing.

Hacker: Explain.

Sir Humphrey: Well, we develop a policy that is legally impossible to implement. We could let’s say, we’re going to send refugees to Rwanda to be processed.

Hacker: How does that help?

Sir Humphrey: It doesn’t. Not the immigration problem at least. It does make the public think we’re doing something. That should be enough.

Hacker: Won’t the public be angry with us that it doesn’t work?

Sir Humphrey: Oh no. We’ll blame the media, the EHCR, lefty lawyers, charities, the woke and the French. Tory voters will love that. By the they get through that lot it’ll be Labour’s problem. We look tough and we might even be able to get rid of some front bench agitators.

Hacker: What’s the international dialling code for Rwanda? (End credits)

*With apologies to Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn.
Rwanda on 21:22 - Nov 30 with 939 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda on 21:10 - Nov 30 by Gwyn737

I think it’s perfect for Yes Minister:

Hacker: What are we going to do about illegal immigration?

Sir Humphrey: I’m afraid it’s impossible to find a solution that will please both wings of the party. The Home Secretary and the Chancellor are diametrically opposed to any solution we can offer,, not to mention the Treasury who are twitchy about the cost of effective measures.

Hacker: We can’t just do nothing, it’s costing us votes.

Sir Humphrey: There is something we could do I suppose….

Hacker: Spit it out man!

Sir Humphrey: We could pretend to do something when actually, we do nothing.

Hacker: Explain.

Sir Humphrey: Well, we develop a policy that is legally impossible to implement. We could let’s say, we’re going to send refugees to Rwanda to be processed.

Hacker: How does that help?

Sir Humphrey: It doesn’t. Not the immigration problem at least. It does make the public think we’re doing something. That should be enough.

Hacker: Won’t the public be angry with us that it doesn’t work?

Sir Humphrey: Oh no. We’ll blame the media, the EHCR, lefty lawyers, charities, the woke and the French. Tory voters will love that. By the they get through that lot it’ll be Labour’s problem. We look tough and we might even be able to get rid of some front bench agitators.

Hacker: What’s the international dialling code for Rwanda? (End credits)

*With apologies to Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn.

Brilliant - you are a champion 🤣

Beware of the Risen People

Rwanda on 08:16 - Dec 1 with 898 viewsAnotherJohn

Two things in the news recently that show the magnitude of the problem of irregular immigration are (a) the disappearance of the 17,000 asylum seekers whose claims were discontinued, and (b) the rapid rise in homelessness for those granted asylum and moved out of Home Office-funded accommodation. To my mind the first underlines the huge difficulty the UK has in deporting any significant proportion of arrivals, inter alia because of destroyed documents, unwillingness of many source countries to accept returns, and difficulties in tracking down such persons within the UK. The second suggests to me that the key issue is not so much delay in processing asylum applications, as limited capacity of housing and infrastructure. Faster processing will just generate a secondary problem of how to support large numbers of homeless people. As faster processing and more returns are the central planks of Labour's solution (we'll leave out safe routes which won't lower arrival numbers), I don't feel optimistic about any improvement in the situation if we have a change of government next year. My personal view is that ability to remove those who do not qualify for refuge to a safe overseas destination is a necessary part of any solution.
Rwanda on 09:45 - Dec 5 with 796 viewsWingstandwood

https://news.sky.com/story/home-secretary-james-cleverly-travelling-to-rwanda-to

What an absolute farce! Yet more bull**** resulting in yet more deception to follow the bull**** that came before the last load of bull**** that's equal to the other truckloads of absolute bull**** that were dumped previous to that. *Please repeat*, because its a long and winding road that goes far, far back in time.

And well timed after 1,000 small boat entrants arrived over the last few days. Will they go missing like the 17,000 did?

All panic induced games that'll do nothing, because the electorate will be absolutely immune to this stunt. Seen and heard it all before!!! The Tories face absolute devastation at the next general election!

The cat is out of the bag and the evidence is the Tories have overseen an absolute failure of monumental magnitude! Border control? It was the in thing in the early 1990’s?

Argus!

Rwanda on 11:14 - Dec 5 with 769 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Rwanda on 08:16 - Dec 1 by AnotherJohn

Two things in the news recently that show the magnitude of the problem of irregular immigration are (a) the disappearance of the 17,000 asylum seekers whose claims were discontinued, and (b) the rapid rise in homelessness for those granted asylum and moved out of Home Office-funded accommodation. To my mind the first underlines the huge difficulty the UK has in deporting any significant proportion of arrivals, inter alia because of destroyed documents, unwillingness of many source countries to accept returns, and difficulties in tracking down such persons within the UK. The second suggests to me that the key issue is not so much delay in processing asylum applications, as limited capacity of housing and infrastructure. Faster processing will just generate a secondary problem of how to support large numbers of homeless people. As faster processing and more returns are the central planks of Labour's solution (we'll leave out safe routes which won't lower arrival numbers), I don't feel optimistic about any improvement in the situation if we have a change of government next year. My personal view is that ability to remove those who do not qualify for refuge to a safe overseas destination is a necessary part of any solution.

Why should we be forced to house illegal immigrants. They choose to come to the UK . Our priority should be to house our own citizens first.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Rwanda on 14:34 - Dec 5 with 745 viewsAnotherJohn

Rwanda on 11:14 - Dec 5 by felixstowe_jack

Why should we be forced to house illegal immigrants. They choose to come to the UK . Our priority should be to house our own citizens first.

As I understand things, Ministers and government lawyers take the view that treaties we have signed obligate us to place asylum seekers in safe accommodation while their applications are being processed, but that this is not a legal requirement once these persons are granted refugee status. Of course, the activists and NGOs will demand more. I notice that both Belgium and Ireland have recently stated that they have insufficient accommodation to house all those seeking "international protection", and so can only guarantee accommodation for women and children. In Ireland single men now claiming asylum are provided with tents and access to day centres where they can get showers and laundry washed. I haven't noticed any screams of outrage about this coming from the European Commission, and can't help wondering what would happen if the UK did the same. Regarding what I said about the growing homelessness problem for those who have been processed and granted asylum, I imagine the difficulty will come from moral pressure on local authorities (rather than any legal obligation), and screams of anguish from the usual suspects. My main point was that faster processing doesn't mean we don't still have a big problem. We just don't have enough available housing capacity.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 14:36]
Rwanda on 16:32 - Dec 5 with 713 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 14:34 - Dec 5 by AnotherJohn

As I understand things, Ministers and government lawyers take the view that treaties we have signed obligate us to place asylum seekers in safe accommodation while their applications are being processed, but that this is not a legal requirement once these persons are granted refugee status. Of course, the activists and NGOs will demand more. I notice that both Belgium and Ireland have recently stated that they have insufficient accommodation to house all those seeking "international protection", and so can only guarantee accommodation for women and children. In Ireland single men now claiming asylum are provided with tents and access to day centres where they can get showers and laundry washed. I haven't noticed any screams of outrage about this coming from the European Commission, and can't help wondering what would happen if the UK did the same. Regarding what I said about the growing homelessness problem for those who have been processed and granted asylum, I imagine the difficulty will come from moral pressure on local authorities (rather than any legal obligation), and screams of anguish from the usual suspects. My main point was that faster processing doesn't mean we don't still have a big problem. We just don't have enough available housing capacity.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 14:36]

The general public know this John but anyone sticking their head above the parapet in the political world is labelled a racist or inhumane .
They are not asylum seekers anyway .

Rwanda on 16:48 - Dec 5 with 707 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda on 11:14 - Dec 5 by felixstowe_jack

Its not a choice though.

Nothing to stop the uk governmemt ending homelessness for good old Brits tomorrow.

The fact that the uk government chooses not to do that is deliberate. Its simply not their priority. They dont care enough. Thats nothing to do with immigrants and everything to do with the values of this Tory government.

Rwanda on 17:03 - Dec 5 with 705 viewsWingstandwood

QUOTE: 0:25s "last week ahhh over 1200 came along, Saturday alone 500, so they are still pouring over. The boats are not being stopped remotely."

Yep! Zero border control that accepts anyone and everyone!

If anyone thinks that this is acceptable is an absolute idiot, bearing in mind the mass infiltration of U.K society of (past and recent police arrests hey!) wrong-un's and crime-gangs etc who arrived on by small boat U.K shores minus I.D and documentation.

Think? Over a ten year period (I guess it'll be vastly higher runder Labour!) the U.K will have accepted HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of 'unknowns' who once upon a time would have either been vetted or deported A.S.A.P!!!! The self destructive insanity of times that we all live in!!!!

Argus!

Rwanda on 17:07 - Dec 5 with 702 viewsWingstandwood

It's happening here, there and everywhere! "Single young men"?

Where have we heard of that before hey?

Argus!

Rwanda on 17:14 - Dec 5 with 698 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda on 17:03 - Dec 5 by Wingstandwood

QUOTE: 0:25s "last week ahhh over 1200 came along, Saturday alone 500, so they are still pouring over. The boats are not being stopped remotely."

Yep! Zero border control that accepts anyone and everyone!

If anyone thinks that this is acceptable is an absolute idiot, bearing in mind the mass infiltration of U.K society of (past and recent police arrests hey!) wrong-un's and crime-gangs etc who arrived on by small boat U.K shores minus I.D and documentation.

Think? Over a ten year period (I guess it'll be vastly higher runder Labour!) the U.K will have accepted HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of 'unknowns' who once upon a time would have either been vetted or deported A.S.A.P!!!! The self destructive insanity of times that we all live in!!!!

Its 13 years of Tory rule that has delivered this. Fact.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 22:32]

Rwanda on 17:22 - Dec 5 with 694 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda on 17:14 - Dec 5 by Kilkennyjack

Its 13 years of Tory rule that has delivered this. Fact.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 22:32]

Yes indeed and if Labour were in charge it would have been VASTLY worse!

https://www.labourfreemovement.org/labour-conf-2019-landslide-policy/

This is what Labour wanted!

Oppose the current Tory immigration legislation and any curbing of rights.
Campaign for free movement, equality and rights for migrants.
Reject any immigration system based on incomes, migrants’ utility to business, and number caps/targets.
Close all detention centres.
Ensure unconditional right to family reunion.
Maintain and extend free movement rights.
End “no recourse to public funds” policies.
Scrap all Hostile Environment measures, use of landlords and public service providers as border guards, and restrictions on migrants’ NHS access.
Actively challenge anti-immigrant narratives.
Extend equal rights to vote to all UK residents

Argus!

Rwanda on 22:37 - Dec 5 with 628 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda on 17:22 - Dec 5 by Wingstandwood

Yes indeed and if Labour were in charge it would have been VASTLY worse!

https://www.labourfreemovement.org/labour-conf-2019-landslide-policy/

This is what Labour wanted!

Oppose the current Tory immigration legislation and any curbing of rights.
Campaign for free movement, equality and rights for migrants.
Reject any immigration system based on incomes, migrants’ utility to business, and number caps/targets.
Close all detention centres.
Ensure unconditional right to family reunion.
Maintain and extend free movement rights.
End “no recourse to public funds” policies.
Scrap all Hostile Environment measures, use of landlords and public service providers as border guards, and restrictions on migrants’ NHS access.
Actively challenge anti-immigrant narratives.
Extend equal rights to vote to all UK residents

But only the Tory failure is fact.

You have an opinion on potential Labour policies, but this is not a fact - and therefore has no equivalence to the Tory failure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024