Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report 12:35 - Apr 28 with 9142 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62418
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 12:39 - Apr 28 with 5344 viewsTomS

That was an engrossing read and did the night justice. A New Hope perhaps? Next season could be special.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 12:43 - Apr 28 with 5308 viewsslmrstid

Hook it to my veins and give me more, as you say on occasion Clive, in regards to that performance on Friday night.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 12:47 - Apr 28 with 5277 viewsDeanoMD

I actually cried reading this, another excellent piece allowing us to re-live a truly wonderful night.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 12:48 - Apr 28 with 5252 viewsGaryBannister86

Epic. Magnificent. Thanks.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 12:48 - Apr 28 with 5255 viewsboysfromthebush

Fantastic, Clive. Lump in my throat reading that mate.

You R’s
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 12:50 - Apr 28 with 5235 viewsLanhoop

Dulux colour chart
[Post edited 28 Apr 12:51]
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 13:05 - Apr 28 with 5075 viewsAndybrat

Oh Clive so spot on, I sit where I used to sit with my dad ( I’m 61) next to Paul and his sons. Their eyes were glowing we said to them remember you were here when this happened. C&S rocking after ( surprised the neighbours didn’t complain), best Friday for such a long time. Who says we haven’t got the basis for a really good team, the balance of who we want to keep and have to sell could be really tough. JCS and Cook ( Beale and Ainsworth signings) are just monster, we should put them in cotton wool and play the reserve keepers at centre half next week. I know a lot of doubters but if we could keep Willy I believe this manager will cuddle him enough to get the best. What a night for my team
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 13:06 - Apr 28 with 5065 viewsE15Hoop

For those of my vintage, (first LR visit in Dec '75 in THAT season) and particularly for those who are advanced in years enough to remember the very beginning of the Jim Gregory era and experienced the highs and the higher highs of a halcyon dozen or so years, that report brought tears of joy to my eyes and reminded me emphatically why we keep doing this to ourselves.

A 4-0 home win, live on Sky Sports Leeds, where even Don Goodman had to say more than one nice thing about us - PERFECTION!

And perfection from yourself to match, Mr. Whittingham. I can't see even the regular "I can't stop myself from p*ssing on your chips" anally challenged curmudgeons that inhabit our beloved Forum picking apart any of your prize-winning poetry this time around.
Login to get fewer ads

Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 13:09 - Apr 28 with 5041 viewscheeseydane

Also had a lump in my throat. Definately twanged the heart strings.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 13:21 - Apr 28 with 4908 viewsPaddyhoops

A lot of people had sacked this game off as an inevitable defeat . Never seen it that way.
If the team that played so brilliantly at Leicester turned up , we were in business and so it proved.
A night to remember and made so much sweeter putting those cocky f***** back in their box.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 13:23 - Apr 28 with 4878 viewsMrSheen

Thank you so much for this Clive, and for everything you do to keep the flame alight when others (eg me) can't stand any more and walk away.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 13:27 - Apr 28 with 4855 viewsChrisNW6

Brilliant report and 8s all round, already looking forward to the next pre season and getting back to Loftus Road.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 13:45 - Apr 28 with 4702 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thanks Clive.
Goosebumps and tear in the eye reading that!
I saw someone say on the match thread that we’ve ‘definitely played better this season’ and i couldn’t believe it. I don’t know when we’ve been that good in recent history, maybe the two Welsh hammerings; other than that, i doubt we’ve had a performance like that since the Adel days.

Bare bones.

Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 13:46 - Apr 28 with 4684 viewsdaveB

One of the great nights under the lights, genuinely incredible performance from every player

Took me back to that 4-1 in 1992 against Leeds, after a season where we had struggled that week we got 3 wins and the belief started that good times were ahead, a coming of age for that team. This felt similar

After 2 years of genuine misery following this team and not wanting to go to games I can't wait for every game now and am loving this team and manager. The absolute joy on my sons face when the 3rd went in you just can't buy that feeling, poor sod has grown up with Conor Washington so to have a night like that was special.

Good job we won given yesterdays results but to secure safety like that and know that we deserve to stay up is massive
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 13:52 - Apr 28 with 4637 viewsBklynRanger

Oooh that's got me all pumped up again, in a mostly but not entirely non sexual sense.

The end of the beginning actually happened. Jurassic Park.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 14:06 - Apr 28 with 4544 viewscolinallcars

That was a wonderful read. Thank you Clive.

PS….I still frequent the brick wall around Batman pre-match for a libation or two.
[Post edited 28 Apr 14:10]
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 14:16 - Apr 28 with 4451 viewsSydneyRs

Obviously we've come to expect great things, desensitised to it almost. But this is special and spot on.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 14:39 - Apr 28 with 4312 viewsBostonR

As always you hit the spot. At 3-0 I thought about two mad R’s mates, who are no longer here and how mental they would have been during and after the game.
Marti definitely has that change factor that Sexton and Venables delivered in the way we played and how the club conducted itself.
Christian, Marti and the Board have a huge task and a wonderful opportunity in the summer, to help us move on positively, next season and beyond. Season ticket sales will be off the scale.
Thanks for running the site, providing brilliant content and for keeping us all sane.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 14:53 - Apr 28 with 4221 viewsDavieQPR

Is it just me or have Chairs dead ball kicks lost a yard of pace but gained in accuracy. Seem to float and bend a bit more now. Andersen influence maybe?
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 15:16 - Apr 28 with 4064 viewsdutch

Brilliant piece Clive. Sat with my boy who is now a man and we hugged and we cried. He was there for Oldham at home but so small then he can't really remember it, and we said that Friday was the best night at HQ we've had together. Something has happened/is happening: a buzz, a thrill, an affirmation of all the reasons we love this crazy club. We may go on to finish 16th next season, but it feels like a corner has been turned, a future path has been found. No more talk of leaving LR please, no more wishing to be another, better team, this is who we are and where we live. This is why we come and more and more people seem to want to join us. Bring it on, I love this club.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 15:16 - Apr 28 with 4060 viewscaptainmycaptian

What a night. I had to work but was at the Preston game and though we should have had few more. How very QPR like to absolutely stuff them. This reminds me of the old rangers I knew late 80's onwards. The football is entertaining and attacking. Well done all involved at the club. Also the fans who.in my opinion have been outstanding through it all. Loud and at points massively influential in my opinion. We'll done all. Also Clive can I say how much you muses have helped all through the shite the last few years. From gallows humour to witty joyful laughs you have reported on this mercurial, fun, local, real club. (A lot of clubs seem plastic to.me along with their fans) this report made me remember my days standing in the loft as a youngster. Keep writing you have fans not just QPR you get mentioned in high praise on other team s forums, Leicester and Ipswich to name a few. You are indeed a wordsmith of the highest order. Thanks. Well done all onwards and upwards.... you R,sss
I leave you with a applicable quote on this club
"I cannot forecast to you the action of QPR. It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma: but perhaps there is a key."
Perhaps this is why we keep going

The key just might be
Mr Marti (shaken not stired) Cifuentes
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:59]
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 15:22 - Apr 28 with 4037 viewshopekillsyou

Great report. Captures the moment.
I’ll just savour this. I’d forgotten that such a performance was possible.
It’s too early to think about next season.A lot can happen. I’m going to keep the optimism bottled up.
For now I’ll settle for the safety that’s been achieved. Huge achievement.
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 15:37 - Apr 28 with 3951 viewsLeedsR

Just about to read this, but you had me at the title!! Makes me want to embrace you as it goes round my head!!!
Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 16:41 - Apr 28 with 3638 viewsOldPedro

Clive, any coincidence that 'Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me' is by Embrace, a West Yorkshire band???

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 16:56 - Apr 28 with 3525 viewsPaddyhoops

Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me – Report on 16:41 - Apr 28 by OldPedro

Clive, any coincidence that 'Watch me rise up and leave, all the ashes you made out of me' is by Embrace, a West Yorkshire band???

Huddersfield fans. I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024