Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think ive lost my mind D&B 11:49 - Nov 20 with 14576 viewsQPsyR

FKA AcidPixie

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 00:17 - Nov 23 with 1429 viewsPunteR

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 23:51 - Nov 22 by CopenhagenRs

Cheers mate. I bought Voodoo Ray 12"on vinyl when it came out in 1988 and A Guy Called Geralds Black Secret Technology album is probably on my all time d´n´b top 10. I was a frequent visitor to Rage at Heaven back in the early 90´s. That was where I got introduced to the beginning of the new sound of d´n´b after acid house died. Mad times in London back then and QPR was playing better and better ending up 5th in the Premier Leauge in 93. Now it seems very distant. But I would never change the experience for anything.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 23:55]

Yeh mate, Rage was the place. Legend has it (youtube) that's where Goldie first experience E and DnB , Hardcore etc . Also Doc Scott , both Brummies' and graff writers. It all spilled out from Rage really , but also the London pirates stations just went mad on it. Fantasy, Kool, Don, Pulse fm.

You cant talk about Goldie and Doc Scott without Rufige Cru, Metalheads and Reinforced records

Just on this Fabio and Grooverider. For me Grooverider was the main man. Almost like Lennon and Macartney , Lennon being the Groove. lol
Im always fascinated by the switch from Acid House to Hardcore, Jungle, DnB. I wasnt there in the very early days but House and DnB seem poles apart now.

[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 1:14]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 00:31 - Nov 23 with 1411 viewsPunteR

Bad Boy tune
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 0:49]

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 00:56 - Nov 23 with 1392 viewsPunteR

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 00:12 - Nov 23 by dannyblue

Just been inspired to put these on when I should be going to bed

[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 0:16]

Thats a brilliant selection.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:21 - Nov 23 with 1315 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 23:28 - Nov 22 by PunteR

Best know for his Acid House track Voodoo Ray from 88 but he also was at the start of the DnB/Jungle sound in 91 with this ...28 Gun Bad Boy

Renagade Soundwave.. 1989

Yes, A Guy Called Gerald produced a fantastic D & B album Black Secret Technology.

You are right about Release though. I would also love it if they had a Dub/Reggae show or two on there.
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:33 - Nov 23 with 1309 viewsFDC

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 21:13 - Nov 21 by silky

Big loves mate, I did wonder why I got a new YouTube subscriber from a Mr Goode!

Here's one of my aliases covering that Jungle D&B Good Looking Record sounds!

Oh and Nicky Blackmarket is a legend.

That's lovely stuff mate, fair play. As you say, strong Good Looking vibes coming through. I had quite an intense Bukem phase when I was at uni, saw him and Conrad a couple of times, still go back to this track from time to time .

[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 9:34]
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:37 - Nov 23 with 1293 viewsFDC

It would be somewhat remiss to have D&B thread without Hype on it

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 11:20 - Nov 23 with 1242 viewsSheffieldHoop

DnB is flying at the moment
This caught the eye recently

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 11:33 - Nov 23 with 1224 viewsjoe90

Amazing thread! Didn't realise how much I like D'n'B. Been enjoying this one:

Login to get fewer ads

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 12:40 - Nov 23 with 1211 viewsBluce_Ree

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:15 - Nov 22 by silky

Yes Mr Ree it is. 🙂

Here is the flip side to Pursuing Peace, called Memories.

Enjoy!

That's great, man. I'm sort of jealous. I used to make tunes back in the day (on fking Octamed on the Amiga) but didn't really know the fundamentals of Jungle back then. I had an inkling but I didn't know about Amen Brother and how beats were made. So I was trying to do D'n'B but manually making beats myself.

Anyway, I eventually upgraded to Octamed on the PC meaning I had more than just four tracks to play with and I did a load of tunes but that was 20 years ago. I've not got it in me to learn a whole new DAW but if I could be arsed I'd be making nothing but hard hitting drum and bass that fks you up.

I'm going to check out all your tunes, bro.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 16:53 - Nov 23 with 1165 viewsStevenageRanger

The Old Skool Hardcore scene (early 90s) is still moving! Calling the Hardcore event down in Brighton at the weekend ( I didnt make but few mates went down and said it was quality)

I am in an Old Skool Chat group with loads of other 'trainspotters' of the sound! (We chat daily sometimes 100s of messages!! ) Anyone that remembers the Old B2VOS forum would know lots in the group
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 18:51 - Nov 23 with 1129 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 23:08 - Nov 22 by PunteR

This is one of your best records mate. I know you love your Jungle Techno and that Basement Records sound but for me you really come into your own when you veer away from that. Dont get me wrong , its always quality stuff you produce, and you know i love the Ron Wells sound too , but this is great.
I tend to dip in and out of DnB. (Doesnt get played enough on Release) Is there any copies left or do i have to feed the sharks on Discogs..? lol

Massive thanks Jody, I 100% need to produce more of this sound. It's hard work mind you. Got a track coming out on Tim Reaper "Future Retro" label next month.

Plan is to make a lot more of this Good Looking sound.

Miss ya mate. Hope the family are well?

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 18:53 - Nov 23 with 1129 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 23:41 - Nov 22 by dannyblue

Really enjoying this, takes me right back.

Many thanks Danny.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 18:55 - Nov 23 with 1127 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:33 - Nov 23 by FDC

That's lovely stuff mate, fair play. As you say, strong Good Looking vibes coming through. I had quite an intense Bukem phase when I was at uni, saw him and Conrad a couple of times, still go back to this track from time to time .

[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 9:34]

Big thanks FDC, Its a sound that is timeless and after making so much Jungle Techno and Hardcore I want to do more of. Nice to see the music I make getting some love.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 18:59 - Nov 23 with 1122 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 12:40 - Nov 23 by Bluce_Ree

That's great, man. I'm sort of jealous. I used to make tunes back in the day (on fking Octamed on the Amiga) but didn't really know the fundamentals of Jungle back then. I had an inkling but I didn't know about Amen Brother and how beats were made. So I was trying to do D'n'B but manually making beats myself.

Anyway, I eventually upgraded to Octamed on the PC meaning I had more than just four tracks to play with and I did a load of tunes but that was 20 years ago. I've not got it in me to learn a whole new DAW but if I could be arsed I'd be making nothing but hard hitting drum and bass that fks you up.

I'm going to check out all your tunes, bro.

Thanks mate.

Yea been at it over 10 years now. Was just slightly too young to of witnessed the scene first time round. Born in 84 but older sisters brought this sound to me in tape packs when I was 10 years old and hooked ever since.

I never thought I'd produce till after my round the world trio in 09 then I was like if I love this music so much then maybe I can make some myself.

Crash course in Cubase SX3 then I was off.

Octamed is still absolutely loved by a few producers. Pete Cannon is quite the talent in old Amiga Jungle.

You should get back on it, really easy to get a laptop and you can do pretty much everything you need inside of it now. I have a few Hardware Synths but you don't need all that anymore.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:01 - Nov 23 with 1121 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 16:53 - Nov 23 by StevenageRanger

The Old Skool Hardcore scene (early 90s) is still moving! Calling the Hardcore event down in Brighton at the weekend ( I didnt make but few mates went down and said it was quality)

I am in an Old Skool Chat group with loads of other 'trainspotters' of the sound! (We chat daily sometimes 100s of messages!! ) Anyone that remembers the Old B2VOS forum would know lots in the group

B2VOS was a great forum, and put on some greats nights in the early 00's.

I was silky on there also. That site also got me to work with Jack Smooth which was my goal in production. We did an EP together. He's a good friend now.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:03 - Nov 23 with 1120 viewssilky

Been a lovely thread this.

If anyone wants to listen to pretty much everything I've made here is a YouTube playlist.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR0fN1j8H0Ynz8kf33qs48TDVDz65a77n&si=k59Q

Jody I have loads of copies of that Liquid Silk in Yellow and Black. Send me your address and I'll get one out to you mate.

Big loves everyone.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 20:00 - Nov 23 with 1107 viewsPunteR

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:03 - Nov 23 by silky

Been a lovely thread this.

If anyone wants to listen to pretty much everything I've made here is a YouTube playlist.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR0fN1j8H0Ynz8kf33qs48TDVDz65a77n&si=k59Q

Jody I have loads of copies of that Liquid Silk in Yellow and Black. Send me your address and I'll get one out to you mate.

Big loves everyone.

Ah brill mate, thank you. Yeh we need a catch up , been too long , hope you guys are all good . I'll dm you.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 07:44 - Nov 24 with 1046 viewsStevenageRanger

Love it Silky. I arranged all the B2VOS EPs with Ed(Jedi) who you will know. I DJed at some of the Sunday Sermons that Moody put on as well as the B2VOS event down in Bournemouth which was quality meet up.

I still chat with lots from there each day via that chat I mentioned e.g. Elusive, Strongforce, Drift, Phil, DLB, Abo, Rinseman
[Post edited 24 Nov 2023 7:46]
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:50 - Nov 24 with 1011 viewsFDC

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 18:59 - Nov 23 by silky

Thanks mate.

Yea been at it over 10 years now. Was just slightly too young to of witnessed the scene first time round. Born in 84 but older sisters brought this sound to me in tape packs when I was 10 years old and hooked ever since.

I never thought I'd produce till after my round the world trio in 09 then I was like if I love this music so much then maybe I can make some myself.

Octamed is still absolutely loved by a few producers. Pete Cannon is quite the talent in old Amiga Jungle.

You should get back on it, really easy to get a laptop and you can do pretty much everything you need inside of it now. I have a few Hardware Synths but you don't need all that anymore.

My wife bought me one of those new Roland 303/909 mini emulators for Xmas , loads of fun, and you can record the patterns into a DAW and build from them. Been working on an acid track with a sample from an Andrew Wetherall interview for ages, never really have time to work on it properly, but good fun for the rare weekend I get to myself.
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 17:56 - Nov 24 with 937 viewsBluce_Ree

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 18:59 - Nov 23 by silky

Thanks mate.

yeah that's why Octamed was great, because you could use the QWERTY as the input device. It was like having two rows of piano. If that makes sense.

I've got a mate who does tunes on FruityLoops or whatever it is called and he's making good stuff. I'd need something free and simple for me to get back on it.

My brother is looking to record some guitar stuff and I think a PC DAW is the way forward but I'm struggling with the idea of getting started.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:06 - Nov 24 with 924 viewsDE79

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 07:44 - Nov 24 by StevenageRanger

Love it Silky. I arranged all the B2VOS EPs with Ed(Jedi) who you will know. I DJed at some of the Sunday Sermons that Moody put on as well as the B2VOS event down in Bournemouth which was quality meet up.

I still chat with lots from there each day via that chat I mentioned e.g. Elusive, Strongforce, Drift, Phil, DLB, Abo, Rinseman

Small world! I've recently had a couple of tunes released on Ed Jedi's label. The old skool sound was what got me really interested in music as a kid, so it was good to break out all the '90s samples for full nostalgia.

I'm a Drum & Bass producer/DJ, there are a few other Rs out there - Nicky Blackmarket as already mentioned and Mark Force (Reinforced/Bugz in the Attic) spring to mind, although I'm sure there are more...
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 20:55 - Nov 24 with 892 viewsdandaqpr

I recon, I’m about 20 years older than the posters on this thread. I don’t really know this music overtly. But I just want to say, I love the positivity and friendship . What a great club we support 🔵⚪️🔵⚪️🔵⚪️
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 08:57 - Nov 25 with 852 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 07:44 - Nov 24 by StevenageRanger

What a small world. I know pretty much all of those you've mentioned.

I've released on both of Edd labels (Jedi and Cantina Cuts)

Also got a remix release planned on Dave Eulisive Ninety Two Retro label soon.

Nice to hear Strongforce is still around. I wonder whatever happened to DJ Gry8? And his warehouse full of Dubs, lol.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:00 - Nov 25 with 851 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:50 - Nov 24 by FDC

My wife bought me one of those new Roland 303/909 mini emulators for Xmas , loads of fun, and you can record the patterns into a DAW and build from them. Been working on an acid track with a sample from an Andrew Wetherall interview for ages, never really have time to work on it properly, but good fun for the rare weekend I get to myself.

Time is hard to make for music production. I'd love to do more but now living in New Zealand with 2 kids, full time job etc it's become real hard.
Still what is good is that there are a lot of music products out there now that help you be creative on the fly.

Get that track done mate, sounds like an awesome concept.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:09 - Nov 25 with 848 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 17:56 - Nov 24 by Bluce_Ree

yeah that's why Octamed was great, because you could use the QWERTY as the input device. It was like having two rows of piano. If that makes sense.

I've got a mate who does tunes on FruityLoops or whatever it is called and he's making good stuff. I'd need something free and simple for me to get back on it.

My brother is looking to record some guitar stuff and I think a PC DAW is the way forward but I'm struggling with the idea of getting started.

It's utterly mind blowing how creative producers even bedroom producers were back then with the tools they had.

I have an 1988 Akai S950 sampler which without the additional Ram only had like 12 secs of sample memory.

That was industry standard and the standard of music made on them still continues to amaze me to this day.

We are absolutely spoilt with DAWs nowadays.

This is a good place to start. Then there is a lot of great Old Skool production YouTube channels I can recommend.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024