Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Painkiller 17:53 - Dec 11 with 1901 viewsRed_Ranger

On Netflix. Well worth a watch me reckons. Tragic subject. Good soundtrack. Bit corney. Still worth it. (I don't watch much TV but had the lurgie and binge watched this . Six episodes back to back. )
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 17:54]
Painkiller on 17:58 - Dec 11 with 1870 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Is this the one with Andy Garcia? If so, I thought it was a bit limp if I'm honest. The one about the Sackler family was a little more informative.

Either way, Big Pharma are bigger scum than your scuzzy drug dealer.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Painkiller on 18:00 - Dec 11 with 1854 viewsRed_Ranger

Sackler family one with Matthew Brodick playing Richard Sackler.
Painkiller on 18:46 - Dec 11 with 1735 viewssilverbirch

Painkiller on 18:00 - Dec 11 by Red_Ranger

Sackler family one with Matthew Brodick playing Richard Sackler.

Yeah, well worth a watch.
Painkiller on 21:39 - Dec 11 with 1564 viewssouthbound_tram

I came here assuming a Judas Priest reference. Might take a look at both the shows mentioned though :)
Painkiller on 21:55 - Dec 11 with 1522 viewsSuperhoops2808

Painkiller is a great watch... I have Pain hustlers on my watch list which is a film and looks great too
Painkiller on 22:01 - Dec 11 with 1504 viewsNorrisGreen

Read about it and was a bit puzzled cos the same story was brilliantly told in Dopesick on Disney+ a year or two back (it's still there of course).

That was stunning TV, compelling viewing with top-notch performances all round, particularly Michael Keaton who I always enjoy watching.

I can't comment on this Netflix remake/rip-off cos I can't see point in it. It's as if they made a dark film called Clown about a failed stand-up comedian descending into madness and embarking on a murderous journey. You'd think what's the point, I've seen the "real" version a short while ago.
Painkiller on 23:12 - Dec 11 with 1409 viewsthame_hoops

Is it about opioids addiction? I see there’s quite a few of these shows now, they don’t interest me at all.
Doctors here are too quick to prescribe these types of medicines. I’ve had a few when I had a foot issue and ended up throwing them away.
Painkiller on 08:16 - Dec 12 with 1259 viewsRBlock

Painkiller on 22:01 - Dec 11 by NorrisGreen

Read about it and was a bit puzzled cos the same story was brilliantly told in Dopesick on Disney+ a year or two back (it's still there of course).

That was stunning TV, compelling viewing with top-notch performances all round, particularly Michael Keaton who I always enjoy watching.

I can't comment on this Netflix remake/rip-off cos I can't see point in it. It's as if they made a dark film called Clown about a failed stand-up comedian descending into madness and embarking on a murderous journey. You'd think what's the point, I've seen the "real" version a short while ago.

This. Dopesick was a fantastic watch. Really heartbreaking portrayal of how the opioid epidemic spread, devastating so many of those communities, all aggressively marketed by big Pharma.

Not going to watch Painkiller because I don't see it topping Dopesick, and I've just watched the story through. If you have Disney+, highly recommend it.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:44 - Dec 12 with 1235 viewstraininvain

Painkiller on 08:16 - Dec 12 by RBlock

This. Dopesick was a fantastic watch. Really heartbreaking portrayal of how the opioid epidemic spread, devastating so many of those communities, all aggressively marketed by big Pharma.

Not going to watch Painkiller because I don't see it topping Dopesick, and I've just watched the story through. If you have Disney+, highly recommend it.

Another upvote for Dopesick. It’s such a sobering subject that I’ve not got the stomach for any other shows or films about opioids.

There’s a warm place in hell for the Sackler family.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 9:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024