Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kempton Park and horseracing 17:48 - Dec 26 with 1391 viewsRed_Ranger

It was a toss up between The Den and Kempton today.
In the end took my mum to Kempton.
Really quite poor.
You can hardly see anything. Really expensive. Lots of pissed morons.
Anyone who went to Millwall today must have been better than the race course experience.
Kempton Park and horseracing on 08:49 - Dec 27 with 1139 viewsPikey

That's the problem with racing these days too many pissed up or coked up morons .
I tend to avoid the big race days and go mid week when its proper racegoers and not the weekend jolly boys.
Kempton Park and horseracing on 08:55 - Dec 27 with 1129 viewsTommyQPR

Some result from Hewick yesterday. And Il Est Francais ran superbly too.
Kempton Park and horseracing on 09:19 - Dec 27 with 1096 viewsstevec

Kempton is a horrible race course, bland soulless place.

Provincial courses not far from London worth a go. Went to Plumpton on a Monday meeting a week or so ago. Nice tight course, you can see everything as three mile races require horses to go round again and again. Place packed out but in a good way, proper racing crowd.

I’d highly recommend and less than an hour from Victoria.

Did Fontwell many years ago, similar vibe.
Kempton Park and horseracing on 10:17 - Dec 27 with 1035 viewsMetallica_Hoop

A group of us including Orthodox_Hoop went to Kempton a few years ago it's the worse racecourse I've been to.
It reminded me of Butlins Bognor in the 80's with all the 70's Formica, I don't know if it's had investment since.

On the plus point it was Lacdudal's English debut, we all lumped on at 14/16 to 1 apart from one of us... It romped home.

Epson is my favourite.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Kempton Park and horseracing on 11:30 - Dec 27 with 964 viewsplasmahoop

I really like Kempton as a course, it's a decent flat track. Might just be sentimental, but I've had some enjoyable days there down the years. Unfortunately though it's being run down as the owners want to turn it into houses. Probably just a matter of time. It could be viable as a racecourse, but they don't have many decent jump meetings there and the all weather is just betting shop fodder. A bit of investment in the facilities and it would be fine. But it will be houses in 5/10 years
Kempton Park and horseracing on 11:35 - Dec 27 with 954 viewsTheChef

Kempton Park and horseracing on 11:30 - Dec 27 by plasmahoop

I really like Kempton as a course, it's a decent flat track. Might just be sentimental, but I've had some enjoyable days there down the years. Unfortunately though it's being run down as the owners want to turn it into houses. Probably just a matter of time. It could be viable as a racecourse, but they don't have many decent jump meetings there and the all weather is just betting shop fodder. A bit of investment in the facilities and it would be fine. But it will be houses in 5/10 years

Yeah we used to have work trips down to Kempton Park on summer evenings which were always good fun.

Funny though I would look around and think hmm this is probably some decent real estate, so wouldn't be surprised if it got sold off for flats.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024