Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell 11:14 - Jan 2 with 6149 viewsParkRoyalR

This post is not about finding another scapegoat as in Dykes, Dunne & Kakay I reckon its easier for the majority of our fans to focus on just those three.

This post has been prompted by what went catastrophically wrong with our team performance at Millwall, the improvement at Ipswich and the reversion to type yesterday.

After the Millwall game I've taken to watching Mr Dozzell closely as thought his contribution, or complete lack of in the Millwall game, meant we were never in the game as seemed to be playing with a man short.

Undeniably returning to his ex-club at Ipswich he had a point to prove and for the first half he actually got involved in the game and in the 2nd half managed to overlap and run into space to put a cross into the box. So low is the bar with this lad, I was genuinely shocked when he did this.

Yesterday Mr Dozzell reverted to his preferred role of hiding in plain sight. Seemed more than happy to let Jimmy Dunne become our main creative spark as he sauntered from one marker to the next.

Again I was pleasantly surprised (so low is the bar with this lad) when he made an ambitious forward pass mid-way through the 2nd Half, which was his sole contribution, apart from pointing to where the Centre Backs should pass the ball (never to him mind) or when he did decide he could'nt hide any longer, he engaged in a a bit of fromyoutomebacktoyou which is his primary contribution in any game.

Until we find a formation that returns this lad to his rightful place on the bench we will continue on a downward trajectory (presume with SJ's demise he somehow became a 1st team starter) as we will be relying on our main creative midfielder to contribute his usual 1 Goal but more tellingly 1 Assist Per Season.

Every player tried their best yesterday, bar Dozzell. I have not given up hope but the longer he remains a starter in a 4-4-3 formation that hope will diminish.

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 15:37 - Jan 2 with 1317 viewsNorthernr

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 15:35 - Jan 2 by dannyblue

I found myself shouting at Sam, yesterday, 'you're the midfielder! you play the [expletive] pass' when he gave it to Dunne again.

Dom Ball, for all his faults, was very prepared to receive the ball from the defence, invite a challenge, and roll it to face forward. The fact that the following pass was often a bit wild isn't the point. He had the confidence and ambition to 'move it through the thirds'.

As we are, we simply can't. And if we can't. Then yes let Field and ANOther just be blockers to clog the middle up, stop the counter, and all our attacking will have to come by working it up the flank for a cross. Back to basics.

I felt like Bonnie Tyler yesterday. TUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRN AROUND.
Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 15:43 - Jan 2 with 1278 viewsParkRoyalR

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 15:37 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Chair being an ever-present and always being available for the out-ball from the defence has covered for this failing since SJ was no longer a regular,

In Chair's absence yesterday, it was so obvious Dozzell has been getting a free ride in this team by looking like a footballer for just too long.
Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 16:04 - Jan 2 with 1215 viewsCLAREMAN1995

We Are Holding Out For A Hero and its not Dozzell sadly .
He was born at the right time to be here in our hour of desperation and for 2 years now has benifited from his good luck.
Not one other championship team would have him in their starting 11 yet we are subjected to his non activity game after game and it will go on sadly IMO.
Maybe let him try a few corners or free kicks or stand on the line during our pathetic attempts defending corners to justify his paycheck
Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 16:21 - Jan 2 with 1180 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 15:34 - Jan 2 by 1JD

Midfield has been a huge problem for some time now going back to Warburtons time as manager. We don’t have the right combination or combinations.

We not only lack a CM who is willing to take the ball back to goal and get on the half turn, but also able to execute it frequently, with an opponent breathing down his neck. For me the likes of Field and Dozzell are not willing to make themselves available, or choose to play a safe “wall pass”, because they know they don’t have the ability to do so.

Equally important for me is a CM that can break lines when everyone is being pressed or marked. We lack this type of ability which is why we appear so static going to right to left, and left to right, but not really going anywhere. Same as under Warbs at times.

A CM that can beat his man, drive forward, commit the opposition, and create angles, opportunities and passes that weren’t previously available. A Martin Rowlands type. EDB tried it once just before half time, and it opened up everything in an instant.

With that in mind and absent of a loanee who could do this, I’d also like to see Chair played as one of the three in CM, he did it recently to good effect, but has not been seen there since, which I have been surprised by. He also played there under Warburton on a couple of occasions, along with Eze as 8s, Field as a 6, in a 3-5-2 formation. Sheff wed away springs to mind were both dominated as central midfielders rather than 10s.

Good post.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 17:26 - Jan 2 with 1090 viewshighleverhoopL

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 16:04 - Jan 2 by CLAREMAN1995

We Are Holding Out For A Hero and its not Dozzell sadly .
He was born at the right time to be here in our hour of desperation and for 2 years now has benifited from his good luck.
Not one other championship team would have him in their starting 11 yet we are subjected to his non activity game after game and it will go on sadly IMO.
Maybe let him try a few corners or free kicks or stand on the line during our pathetic attempts defending corners to justify his paycheck

As a signing it smacked of arrogance. To buy someone who isnt quite making the grade at a bigger club is one thing, to pay money for someone who isnt getting picked in the league below is another. As I recall our super cultured Warbsball was expected to suit him better....
Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 17:56 - Jan 2 with 1033 viewsLofthope

Should be renamed 'Anonymous Dozzell'
Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 19:13 - Jan 2 with 940 viewsstainrods_elbow

'Every now and then I fall apart'!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 20:37 - Jan 2 with 861 viewsAd99

Some decent observations here but I doubt we can be fully judgmental without knowing what Ciufuentes is asking him to do. Against Southampton it looked like he was dropping deep to receive the ball from the centre backs and bring an opponent marker with him to create a bit of space behind. We just couldn’t find that forward pass often and into that gap.

He’s a ball player but the lack of smarts with movement mean he is easily overlooked. Maybe that’s also due to inexperience and the constant tactical changes with management? I think Ciufuentes rates him; hence the appearances.

On Colback, he is a liability but let’s not forget that he has already scored two goals and for that potential to come from a midfielder at our club is not to be sniffed at!
Login to get fewer ads

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 20:41 - Jan 2 with 854 viewsDorse

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 15:20 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Colback's been a disaster let's be honest. Never fit, and when he is he's a card machine. Brought in to oversee an uplift in culture and standards. Absolute lol. Two year contract with an option for a third. What a club.

I have previously described him as a 'shit gargling fartskin'. I have not revised my opinion.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 20:52 - Jan 2 with 831 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 20:37 - Jan 2 by Ad99

Some decent observations here but I doubt we can be fully judgmental without knowing what Ciufuentes is asking him to do. Against Southampton it looked like he was dropping deep to receive the ball from the centre backs and bring an opponent marker with him to create a bit of space behind. We just couldn’t find that forward pass often and into that gap.

He’s a ball player but the lack of smarts with movement mean he is easily overlooked. Maybe that’s also due to inexperience and the constant tactical changes with management? I think Ciufuentes rates him; hence the appearances.

On Colback, he is a liability but let’s not forget that he has already scored two goals and for that potential to come from a midfielder at our club is not to be sniffed at!

Fair points.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 21:07 - Jan 2 with 795 viewsParkRoyalR

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 20:37 - Jan 2 by Ad99

2 assists in 95 games and a pioneer of walking football and we can be judgemental.

Anyway back to Jimmy Dunne, Ossie + Lyndon!
Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 21:28 - Jan 2 with 763 viewstraininvain

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 21:07 - Jan 2 by ParkRoyalR

2 assists in 95 games and a pioneer of walking football and we can be judgemental.

Anyway back to Jimmy Dunne, Ossie + Lyndon!

We’re second bottom and have been complete dog sh1t for the best part of two years with largely the same group of players. Have you considered the possibility that a few players might be contributing to our overall sh1tness.
Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 22:05 - Jan 2 with 714 viewsParkRoyalR

Hiding in Plain Sight - Andre Dozzell on 21:28 - Jan 2 by traininvain

We’re second bottom and have been complete dog sh1t for the best part of two years with largely the same group of players. Have you considered the possibility that a few players might be contributing to our overall sh1tness.

Yes, you only have to look at last season, only a fully fit Chris Willock earned us the early season points that kept us in the division,

With his injury this season was always going to be a struggle,

You only have to compare our corners to Cardiff's, two pay inswinging corners, both on the money, when was the last time ours even beat the first defender?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024