Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New broom? – Preview 23:52 - Jan 12 with 8461 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61692
New broom? – Preview on 17:28 - Jan 13 with 1882 viewsaston_hoop

Looking at the list of Retexo clients, I notice one of them is one of those multi-club sports groups called Blue Crow Sports. They own Leganes, top of La Liga 2 in Spain amongst clubs in Mexico, Czech Republic, Dubai, they have American and Mexican investors.....I do wonder if this is all a buildup to being taken over by a group like this. Or I'm just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5

This bloke is the one in charge - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Luhnow
[Post edited 13 Jan 17:31]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New broom? – Preview on 20:01 - Jan 13 with 1629 viewsMickB

I wish I could find it in myself to be as positive about the CEO appointment as some of the others posting here. This a video fame running off a glorified spreadsheet. There is a great deal of grit involved in running a club, from negotiating catering contracts to dealing with entitled players who, in some cases, are going to be considerably older than this young man. There is a lot you learn from experience. He hasn't got much.
New broom? – Preview on 21:27 - Jan 13 with 1521 viewsjoe90

Good report as always.

So, how long do we reckon until this Nourry fella is thoroughly QPR’d?
New broom? – Preview on 21:37 - Jan 13 with 1499 viewsNortholt_Rs

New broom? – Preview on 20:01 - Jan 13 by MickB

I wish I could find it in myself to be as positive about the CEO appointment as some of the others posting here. This a video fame running off a glorified spreadsheet. There is a great deal of grit involved in running a club, from negotiating catering contracts to dealing with entitled players who, in some cases, are going to be considerably older than this young man. There is a lot you learn from experience. He hasn't got much.

Hoos has lots of experience and he was wânk…
[Post edited 14 Jan 8:58]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

New broom? – Preview on 21:44 - Jan 13 with 1487 viewsFredManRave

New broom? – Preview on 21:37 - Jan 13 by Northolt_Rs

Hoos has lots of experience and he was wânk…
[Post edited 14 Jan 8:58]

I've always wondered why "wànk(er)" is considered a derogatory term.

Maybe it's just me?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

New broom? – Preview on 03:37 - Jan 14 with 1266 viewsWD99

New broom? – Preview on 16:30 - Jan 13 by TK1

Hoos will be gone at the end of the season, I reckon. Whole exercise is a holding pattern for new investment and a new board in the summer. New CEO is here basically to keep his eyes on the teller for next six months. Then there'll be a new Chair, sporting director, possibly even a new CEO with this guy reverting to data consultancy. That doesn't mean Reuben or Riley necessarily leave the board, but I think this confirms it's the end of that era.

I agree with this take. Maybe we are headed towards being swallowed up in a multi-club consortium, and that takes a bit more time to iron out than simply getting some new investors. Not saying anything new here, but placing a 26 year old in charge of the entire QPR business is pretty wild. It’s one thing to bring the analytics guy in and hand him the keys to the footballing decisions, but I do think it is something else to give someone seemingly with little organizational leadership experience control of all that goes into running a club, ground, academy, community relations, etc. We can’t say following QPR is boring.

Also, I could be making this up, but I recall reading on this message board speculation about Hoos returning to the U.S. to help with World Cup stuff.
New broom? – Preview on 06:30 - Jan 14 with 1211 viewsWesty75

[Post edited 14 Jan 6:32]
New broom? – Preview on 10:18 - Jan 14 with 1017 viewsEastR

Great analysis Clive

If ever there was an appointment made for a sale, this is it

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

New broom? – Preview on 10:30 - Jan 15 with 734 viewsjimdowling

Great piece, thanks.

I'm interested in the motivation of the new CEO. He's living a good life and a good career, well paid, well respected, quoted in conferences and by sports business media. How has his career now turned so that he leaves conference halls in Geneva, Barcelona etc - for people calling him out at 10.30pm as he boards a coach in Preston?

He's either run this audit, and been such a good client handler of our owners that they've turned around and said, 'fancy it?'' Given he's ushered Cifuentes forward, written (I hope) a plan, perhaps he felt he couldn't say no even if he had no intention.

The alternative is he actually fancies it. Maybe he's one of those that doesn't want to be a consultant all his life, and instead wants to get some skin in the game. To do that, he needs to lead the club, and lead (not serve) the owners.

I do think - much like everyone at the club - he'll need help. It was "the data and the algorivvims" that helped us find Beale. The algorithms aren't so great at judging character, and we have a few to manage. On the plus side, Christian and his data team has led us to Cifuentes. Given that Martî wasn't competing with Eustace, Rowett and Nathan Jones for Sky punditry slots - it's a bold appointment whichever way you look at it.

Patience is key. Warburton aside, we could have been relegated several times in the past ten years - and if it happens, it'll be no surprise to anyone. That surely includes Cifuentes before he took the job. I'd be surprised if he walks, and I'd be amazed if someone poached him. He's bright and smart but who would hire a coach who arrives in England and makes minimal impact on a team that still ends up getting relegated?

A strong Nourry-Cifuentes relationship is going to be crucial whichever league we're in in August.
New broom? – Preview on 17:21 - Jan 18 with 561 viewsaston_hoop

New broom? – Preview on 17:28 - Jan 13 by aston_hoop

Looking at the list of Retexo clients, I notice one of them is one of those multi-club sports groups called Blue Crow Sports. They own Leganes, top of La Liga 2 in Spain amongst clubs in Mexico, Czech Republic, Dubai, they have American and Mexican investors.....I do wonder if this is all a buildup to being taken over by a group like this. Or I'm just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5

This bloke is the one in charge - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Luhnow
[Post edited 13 Jan 17:31]

From Matt Slater at the Athletic

"Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles FC have added Grasshopper Club Zurich to their growing network of clubs, buying a 90 per cent stake in the Swiss outfit from Hong Kong-based Champion Union.

The Chinese company, which is owned by Jenny Wang, the wife of Fosun International boss Guo Guangchang, has been trying to sell the team, who are better known outside Switzerland as Grasshoppers, for over a year.

The deal brings an end to the club’s partnership with Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers, who are owned Fosun, a sprawling Chinese conglomerate.

Injury cut short the loan spell of Wolves’ Nigel Lonwijk in Zurich late last year and teammate Theo Corbeanu is likely to return, too. Former player and Wolves loan manager Matt Jackson appears to be out of a job, too, as he has been replaced as president at Grasshoppers by LAFC chief operating and chief financial officer Stacy Johns.

For LAFC, this latest move means they now own Switzerland’s oldest and most successful team, have a stake in Austrian fourth-tier side FC Wacker Innsbruck and have a joint venture with Bayern Munich.

The latter, called Red & Gold Football, describes itself as an “integrated, unique global platform” for the “promotion of young talents and their responsible accompaniment into professional football”. Set up last year, it has agreements with Uruguayan side Racing Club de Montevideo and Gambian academy Gambinos Stars Africa.

In a statement published on the LAFC website late on Wednesday, club co-president Larry Freedman said the 2022 MLS champions were “excited to partner with” Grasshoppers, “an iconic brand in Swiss and European football, with an incredible tradition of success and a foundation built on developing top-level talent”.

Founded in 1886, Grasshoppers have won 27 Swiss titles and 19 Swiss cups. They have found success harder to come by in recent years, though. Their last Swiss championship win came in 2003 and they were relegated to the second tier in 2019. However, they bounced back in 2021 and are currently eighth in the top flight.

LAFC, on the other hand, have only known success during their short life, winning two Supporters Shields and an MLS Cup since their first season in 2018. They have also twice been runner-up in the CONCACAF Champions League.

Their other main claim to fame is the star-studded ownership group, which combines famous names from the worlds of finance, entertainment and sport, with NBA legend Magic Johnson and Hollywood superstar Will Ferrell being among the 27-strong syndicate.

Another LAFC co-owner is Malaysian businessman Ruben Gnanalingam, the majority owner of Championship side Queens Park Rangers.

This means the west London-based team is now part of a network of clubs that includes all of LAFC’s connections and FC Cincinnati, the MLS team owned by QPR minority owner Richard Reilly.

So, while one multi-club door is closing for Wolves, it might be opening up for QPR"
[Post edited 18 Jan 17:22]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New broom? – Preview on 17:40 - Jan 18 with 519 viewsMick_S

New broom? – Preview on 10:52 - Jan 13 by bosh67

Excellent article Clive.

I can't help feeling that not knowing if the new CEO is 26, 36 or 46 with him being a data analytics expert is just so ironically QPR.

He might be a bit like that new young darts sensation. You’ve got to hope.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024