Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In my last moments 10:32 - Jan 15 with 1810 viewsGaryBannister86

I will close my eyes and see.....the school end erupting in joy.

We should get the structure of the stand checked. Lots of people bouncing up and down on it relentlessly every other week must cause some stress.

It really is the away trip of dreams for clubs - a whole end, behind the goal, good acoustics and most importantly, 3 points.

Another of many reasons to pull our finger out of our backsides and get looking for a new ground, one where the away end is horrible and tucked away and nowhere near as possible to have an influence on the game.

I know we are not losing because of that, but it is hard not to get fed up with how accommodating we are generally.

Thinking about it - name me a club with an away end as good and dominant as ours - that has a good home record these days? Brighton?
In my last moments on 10:45 - Jan 15 with 1734 viewsthame_hoops

i said it before but i took a mate from the US to HQ and as much as he loved the 'charm' of LR, the concourse's etc are bordering on unsafe, especially ER

also tired of seeing away fans mock the stadium on social media, i cant believe we are selling seats top left corner with the TV studio blocking views?
In my last moments on 10:45 - Jan 15 with 1728 viewsTheChef

Well you say that but I don't think away fans tend to like it much as a stand - cramped seats and not a lot of room in the gangways/common areas. Wouldn't like to be there if there was an emergency situation.

But yes I'm sure they enjoy their team winning at LR

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

In my last moments on 11:08 - Jan 15 with 1649 viewsJuzzie

"one where the away end is horrible and tucked away and nowhere near as possible to have an influence on the game"

I think the opposite, ALL grounds should be mandatory to have the away end behind the goal.

If all grounds were as you say (and a lot are because that's the home club shithousery they do these days) all the QPR fans who travel week in, week out to away games must endure the same schit treatment.
In my last moments on 11:16 - Jan 15 with 1632 viewsGaryBannister86

In my last moments on 11:08 - Jan 15 by Juzzie

"one where the away end is horrible and tucked away and nowhere near as possible to have an influence on the game"

I think the opposite, ALL grounds should be mandatory to have the away end behind the goal.

If all grounds were as you say (and a lot are because that's the home club shithousery they do these days) all the QPR fans who travel week in, week out to away games must endure the same schit treatment.

Well I agree with you wholeheartedly, but that's never going to happen is it? So why should we be one of the last accommodating clubs out there?
In my last moments on 11:27 - Jan 15 with 1571 viewsJuzzie

In my last moments on 11:16 - Jan 15 by GaryBannister86

Well I agree with you wholeheartedly, but that's never going to happen is it? So why should we be one of the last accommodating clubs out there?

Fair do's!

It did/does irk me that we give, for example, Man Utd pretty much 3k which is 16% of the ground yet they are allowed to only give away fans also 3k which is just 4%. It's taking the pi$$ really.

Problem is, we can't just give 700-1500 tickets to away fans as the ergonomics mean we'd have to leave the rest of the seats empty, which is plain daft financially.
There are very few examples where it would be OK to have QPR fans in the lower school end and even then, it heavily restricted on numbers.

Can't see us getting a new stadium for a very long time now though.
In my last moments on 11:31 - Jan 15 with 1543 viewsWatford_Ranger

In my last moments on 10:45 - Jan 15 by thame_hoops

i said it before but i took a mate from the US to HQ and as much as he loved the 'charm' of LR, the concourse's etc are bordering on unsafe, especially ER

also tired of seeing away fans mock the stadium on social media, i cant believe we are selling seats top left corner with the TV studio blocking views?

Don’t think we do. Some teenage urchin walks over there to take a pic pretending that’s his seat for Twitter clout but believe we don’t sell those any longer.
In my last moments on 13:01 - Jan 15 with 1395 viewsHarbour

Yes it’s bad enough seeing us lose week in week out and then when the final whistle the weekly away party starts …I hate it…not much the club can do with the ground layout. Given are high attendances should we consider giving top of away end only..we have done this before.
In my last moments on 14:28 - Jan 15 with 1271 viewsWatford_Ranger

In my last moments on 13:01 - Jan 15 by Harbour

Yes it’s bad enough seeing us lose week in week out and then when the final whistle the weekly away party starts …I hate it…not much the club can do with the ground layout. Given are high attendances should we consider giving top of away end only..we have done this before.

If we were flying and selling out we would and plenty of teams will only need the upper tier anyway but can’t justify not selling an extra 1200 tickets and risking away fans sneaking into the home end when we aren’t selling out. Far busier again yesterday than I expected. It’ll turn after Huddersfield I’m sure unless we do something in these two games.
Login to get fewer ads

In my last moments on 10:31 - Jan 16 with 1038 viewsSpaceman_P

I'm a brit living in Spain and went to my local team here Sporting Gijon, great atmosphere, but more importantly Away fans were at the top corner, no-where behind or a near a goal. Could hear them, but they get drowned out.

QPR need to do that, a corner or the stadium only.
In my last moments on 10:54 - Jan 16 with 991 viewsdaveB

how many fans in the away end doesn't matter if we're winning, I quite like that you have an away end full of fans, should make for a better atmosphere when the team are doing well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024