Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whisper it quietly but... 12:25 - Feb 1 with 12040 viewsBluce_Ree

Brentford are just four points ahead of Everton who are bottom three (albeit with a game in hand). In fact, without the Everton points deduction it just be three ahead of Luton who are arguably in better form than Brentford.

I don't think they'll go down but it's definitely a possibility. Toney might be the difference there if he can keep out of trouble.

I think I'd be happy enough with Everton taking that last relegation place (Burnley and Sheff Utd are toast) but Brentford would be pretty good too. Apart from the fact that they'll bum us in the gob twice if they come down and we somehow stay up.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Whisper it quietly but... on 14:29 - Feb 7 with 1399 viewsBexleyHoop

Whisper it quietly but... on 13:59 - Feb 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’ve always thought we’d have more fans go if our stadium could accommodate adult human legs.

Have to agree Baz.

In my advancing years sitting anywhere in the ground is damn uncomfortable. When I do go to HQ now I always try and buy an aisle seat so I can stretch my legs. I am sure the seating comfort will put some off attending games
Whisper it quietly but... on 15:05 - Feb 7 with 1309 viewsParkRoyalR

Whisper it quietly but... on 09:02 - Feb 6 by Lblock

What was it seven of us that got stabbed / slashed pre-match?

Absolute carnage that night.
Word went around the away end as game progressed and you saw more people who'd obviously been done. By the time the match finished people you'd probably describe as "scarfers" now where seething. That was a proper mob of Rangers afterwards and herd mentality really kicked in.... the OB were fair panicked by it all.

Therein was born pure hatred for Lootown scum for a generation of fans which has clearly been handed down.

Back to Bentford.
They just wind me up - mixture of contempt and, sad to admit, jealousy! Such a plastic club.... last night they were singing about some manufactured rivalry with Foolham and then, laughingly, trying to get the Millwall "Millllllllllll" chant going as "Beeeeeeeeeezze".
Then it was the "Toon, Toon... barmy army" as "Bees Bees .. barmy army" alongside nicking Arsenal's chant on Arteta.
Shouldn't wind me up but it does living a stones throw from their ground and all that.

Bentford will not go down though. If they replace Toney well I'm not sure they will in the future either

L-Block, my first ever away game outside London was a sunny Saturday afternoon in Luton c1980 where the kick-off was delayed due to trouble in the stands, was at the infamous night game in the Cup but it was another night game after this I remember most clearly.

I only mention this other night to give due deference to a fella called Lionel who you may know, who was walking ahead of a few of us younger lads that night.

A group of Luton appeared on the other side of the road behind a traffic barrier and starting to mouth-off and pavement dance and one pulled out one of those very large Stanley blades from inside of his jacket and in one of those sliding doors moments in life when you don't get time to think......Lionel stopped, turned to face him and and calmly and very authoratively said in a voice deeper than Barry White or Arnold Schwarzenegger......'cross that road pal and that stanley is going straight up your arse, now walk on'

Forty years on and remember that moment clear as day and always thought but for Lionel that night a few of use could have been added to the 5 or so others who were slashed with stanley knives at the previous game.
Whisper it quietly but... on 16:09 - Feb 7 with 1175 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Frankly, I couldn't care less what's going on in the division above. My focus is purely on QPR retaining its Championship status.
Whisper it quietly but... on 16:21 - Feb 7 with 1155 viewsDaBurgh

Whisper it quietly but... on 13:59 - Feb 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’ve always thought we’d have more fans go if our stadium could accommodate adult human legs.

The average male height when the stadium was built in 1904 was just under 5 feet 7 inches. You can blame the general improvement in nutrition over the previous 120 years for the lack of legroom. The 'food' served up on match days has tried to reverse this trend , but more time is needed.
Whisper it quietly but... on 17:20 - Feb 7 with 1027 viewsloftboy

Whisper it quietly but... on 16:21 - Feb 7 by DaBurgh

The average male height when the stadium was built in 1904 was just under 5 feet 7 inches. You can blame the general improvement in nutrition over the previous 120 years for the lack of legroom. The 'food' served up on match days has tried to reverse this trend , but more time is needed.

I thought the main reason was that a lot of the seated areas used to be terraced and just weren’t designed for seats.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Whisper it quietly but... on 20:15 - Feb 7 with 916 viewsNewBee

Whisper it quietly but... on 09:02 - Feb 6 by Lblock

What was it seven of us that got stabbed / slashed pre-match?

Absolute carnage that night.
Word went around the away end as game progressed and you saw more people who'd obviously been done. By the time the match finished people you'd probably describe as "scarfers" now where seething. That was a proper mob of Rangers afterwards and herd mentality really kicked in.... the OB were fair panicked by it all.

Therein was born pure hatred for Lootown scum for a generation of fans which has clearly been handed down.

Back to Bentford.
They just wind me up - mixture of contempt and, sad to admit, jealousy! Such a plastic club.... last night they were singing about some manufactured rivalry with Foolham and then, laughingly, trying to get the Millwall "Millllllllllll" chant going as "Beeeeeeeeeezze".
Then it was the "Toon, Toon... barmy army" as "Bees Bees .. barmy army" alongside nicking Arsenal's chant on Arteta.
Shouldn't wind me up but it does living a stones throw from their ground and all that.

Bentford will not go down though. If they replace Toney well I'm not sure they will in the future either

That chant was nothing to do with Millwall or Fulham, rather it was "Meeeeeeeeeeeeee", as in Ben Mee (CB). Though it was probably nicked off Burnley. More generally, 90% of songs sung at every club, incl QPR, will have been invented somewhere else.

As for the "manufactured rivalry with Fulham", I remember chatting to a Bees fan around 1990 (?) about an upcoming Fulham game, when his old Dad, probably born around 1910, chipped in to point out that traditionally, Bees' local rivals are QPR.

This caused me to check the periods when Bees have played QPR and Fulham.
Bees v QPR (78 games in total)
1920-1932 - 26 games
1933-1945 - 0
1946-1966 - 33
1967-2000 - 0
2001-2004 - 6
2005-2014 - 0
2015-2021 - 13

Bees v Fulham (65 games total)
1928-1954 - 21
1954-1979 - 0
1980-1998 - 28
1999-2013 - 0
2014-2024 - 16

The point being that these things are in part generational i.e. which teams you were playing when you first started supporting a team defines who you see as your "rivals".

I mean, the rivalry in Nottingham should theoretically be between Forest and County, but despite playing each other 96 times, they've only met once in the last 30 years (League Cup), or 22 times since 1957, mostly in the 1970's and 80's.
Whisper it quietly but... on 21:56 - Feb 8 with 604 viewsLblock

Whisper it quietly but... on 15:05 - Feb 7 by ParkRoyalR

L-Block, my first ever away game outside London was a sunny Saturday afternoon in Luton c1980 where the kick-off was delayed due to trouble in the stands, was at the infamous night game in the Cup but it was another night game after this I remember most clearly.

I only mention this other night to give due deference to a fella called Lionel who you may know, who was walking ahead of a few of us younger lads that night.

A group of Luton appeared on the other side of the road behind a traffic barrier and starting to mouth-off and pavement dance and one pulled out one of those very large Stanley blades from inside of his jacket and in one of those sliding doors moments in life when you don't get time to think......Lionel stopped, turned to face him and and calmly and very authoratively said in a voice deeper than Barry White or Arnold Schwarzenegger......'cross that road pal and that stanley is going straight up your arse, now walk on'

Forty years on and remember that moment clear as day and always thought but for Lionel that night a few of use could have been added to the 5 or so others who were slashed with stanley knives at the previous game.

On nodding terms with his brother

Proper, proper Rangers family —- “Aussie soaps” as I used to say about many of us; ie home & away fans

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024