Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4th March 196 08:22 - Mar 4 with 2697 viewswelwynranger

57yrs ago today.
These men went to Wembley and became legends
Ron Springett
Tony Hazell
Jim Langley
Mike Keen
Ron Hunt
Frank Sibley
Mark Lazarus
Keith Sanderson
Les Allen
(King) Rodney Marsh
Roger Morgan.

Led out by the brilliant Alec Stock.

A third division team 2 nil down at half time to a top division side with international players of experience.
What an unforgetable day

RODNEE .
4th March 196 on 20:02 - Mar 4 with 589 viewsVancouverHoop

First QPR match I ever saw.
4th March 196 on 21:01 - Mar 4 with 522 viewsPinnerR

5 months short of my 17th birthday, what a day that was. I had the commemorative tie, which I was told was made by a company owned by Dave Mackay. Wish I still had it, worth a pretty penny by now.
4th March 196 on 21:18 - Mar 4 with 498 viewsMalintabuk

I was 11 and my older brother and a few of his mates walked to Wembley
My mum wouldn't let me so I went with my uncle and his friends and we met up at Wembley
I remember at half time my brother was nearly in tears, and my uncle telling him, we done bloody well getting this far, we don't get days like this often so just bloody enjoy it....
When we won as an 11 year old I could not believe I saw grown men crying hugging each other
I hope before I shuffle off I might get another chance to feel such joy again at a football match
4th March 196 on 12:04 - Mar 5 with 383 viewsPikey

Sorry mate Ron Speingett was not there. His brother Peter played in goal Ron was at Sheff Wed. Funny enough the clubs swapped Springetts the following year and Ron returned to rangers.
4th March 196 on 12:25 - Mar 5 with 374 viewsDavieQPR

Alec Stock had sold them Clive Clark not because he had wanted to but because 'if he stays in this division they will cripple him'.
4th March 196 on 12:41 - Mar 5 with 347 viewsPikey

4th March 196 on 12:25 - Mar 5 by DavieQPR

Alec Stock had sold them Clive Clark not because he had wanted to but because 'if he stays in this division they will cripple him'.

Seem to recall we re signed Clive Clark the following year and Barry Bridges came to us the season after for our Div 1 debut.
Think his first game was against Leicester on the day the new S Africa road stand opened 1 1 draw I recall.
4th March 196 on 15:53 - Mar 5 with 236 viewsEsox_Lucius

4th March 196 on 12:41 - Mar 5 by Pikey

Seem to recall we re signed Clive Clark the following year and Barry Bridges came to us the season after for our Div 1 debut.
Think his first game was against Leicester on the day the new S Africa road stand opened 1 1 draw I recall.

Rodney had a shot from the LH touchline (ER Stand) in the 2nd half which hit the inside of both posts and stayed out.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024