Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points 11:37 - Mar 26 with 4432 viewsRed_Ranger

Im starting to get edgy.

F*** knows why, we must be able to beat them. It really is a massive game!

Just hope Dozzell not going to prove something.

Hopefully he will prove that he is a waste of space.

[Post edited 26 Mar 11:41]
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 22:42 - Mar 27 with 1331 viewsSydneyRs

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 11:49 - Mar 26 by Northernr

This is turning into this season's "can Remy play in the play-offs".

Imagine being scared of Dozzell.

Although we just know he would become peak Pirlo for one game if he played.
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 08:57 - Mar 28 with 1156 viewsgazza1

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 18:25 - Mar 27 by ParkRoyalR

Do they?

I thought they both played on the right side of the 2 CDM's with Field on the Left?

Colback should be a very good signing but has missed too many games to really make the difference I'd hoped he would.

Hayden is basically a CM defensive player protecting the defence as a priority - his first job. Colback plays on the left mainly but moves around a lot. He plays in a more advanced role, hence he scores goals, He is much more 'busy' around the pitch than Hayden. Plays the ball around much more than Hayden and supports us much more than Hayden, going forward 100 times more than Hayden. Hayden is basically in the team to defend, Colback is there to get the ball moving, supporting the attacks and defending when the need arises.

Colback has been a good signing, missed a few games but that doesn't mean that he hasn't made an impact. I do not know what you were expecting but as far as I am concerned he has played pretty well and also made some errors of judgment. Very decent addition to the squad hence why MC generally picks him.
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 09:15 - Mar 28 with 1140 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 08:57 - Mar 28 by gazza1

Hayden is basically a CM defensive player protecting the defence as a priority - his first job. Colback plays on the left mainly but moves around a lot. He plays in a more advanced role, hence he scores goals, He is much more 'busy' around the pitch than Hayden. Plays the ball around much more than Hayden and supports us much more than Hayden, going forward 100 times more than Hayden. Hayden is basically in the team to defend, Colback is there to get the ball moving, supporting the attacks and defending when the need arises.

Colback has been a good signing, missed a few games but that doesn't mean that he hasn't made an impact. I do not know what you were expecting but as far as I am concerned he has played pretty well and also made some errors of judgment. Very decent addition to the squad hence why MC generally picks him.

This is how I see it too as regards shape, Gazza.

When we play 4231/433 it's generally this shape, which is a typical shape of the Cryuffian football that Cifuentes adheres to.

2---4---5---3
-----------8-
7--10--------11

Hayden plays at 6, Colback usually at 8 and - as you say - further forward but slightly to the left, and Ansersson/Hodge at 10, further forward again but to the right. Angles and triangles everywhere, as goes their creed.

Field has played at 6 for us, and recently at 8.

As regards performance, Colback is playing well now, but his lapses of judgement cost us dearly before Cifuentes arrived. Also worth remembering how poor he was/is at showing for the ball in deep positions, which also costs us. He's certainly far better in a slightly more advanced role than he was/is at 6.

Overall, a mixed signing in my opinion but playing well at the moment.

I'd like to see Hayden, Colback and Andersson as the three in midfield for this one. We would miss Field at set pieces but we need to move the ball quickly and accurately to beat what will probably be a defensive Brum team.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 10:41 - Mar 28 with 1033 viewsgazza1

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 09:15 - Mar 28 by BrianMcCarthy

When we play 4231/433 it's generally this shape, which is a typical shape of the Cryuffian football that Cifuentes adheres to.

2---4---5---3
-----------8-
7--10--------11

Hayden plays at 6, Colback usually at 8 and - as you say - further forward but slightly to the left, and Ansersson/Hodge at 10, further forward again but to the right. Angles and triangles everywhere, as goes their creed.

As regards performance, Colback is playing well now, but his lapses of judgement cost us dearly before Cifuentes arrived. Also worth remembering how poor he was/is at showing for the ball in deep positions, which also costs us. He's certainly far better in a slightly more advanced role than he was/is at 6.

I'd like to see Hayden, Colback and Andersson as the three in midfield for this one. We would miss Field at set pieces but we need to move the ball quickly and accurately to beat what will probably be a defensive Brum team.

We may set up similar to what you say but we are very flexible with the two wide players, for example, having defensive responsibilities.

Re Colback, he has played well pretty much well all season(no way a mixed signed as you say) and as mentioned he has missed a few games. Please remember that GA picked him most times and so does MC so you comments about 'playing well now' does not aline with the Managers (nor mine!!).

As for the team against B'ham.....I am sure LD will not start, depends how he views his tactics for midfield, Colback & Hayden for sure and I recon it could be Anderson, Chair and Willock, either Frey or Armstrong.....but it does depend what his tactics are.

Play well and we win.
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 11:03 - Mar 28 with 980 viewsbosh67

It's QPR!

We'll beat Hull, Leeds and Coventry and splutter over the line with a few more points elsewhere, leaving it all to the last games of the season v Leeds and Coventry.

It's what we do! Always bank on the ones we have no real right to win.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 11:22 - Mar 28 with 940 viewskensalriser

We’re not going to beat Leeds, bosh.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 11:24 - Mar 28 with 933 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 11:22 - Mar 28 by kensalriser

We do usually beat them at home to be fair.
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 11:37 - Mar 28 with 885 viewsParkRoyalR

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 09:15 - Mar 28 by BrianMcCarthy

2---4---5---3
-----------8-
7--10--------11

Agree Colback's been a mixed signing, was hoping for more having seen him play well at ours over the years,

Obviously superior to Dozzell as does show for the ball and move it well with his short passing game but has been poor defensively at corners & set pieces which has cost us goals and points in key games,

Before Hadyn (who can play 6 and 8) arriving Colback was a must starter but my preference now is Hadyn and Field, as Field is so much better defensively and is chipping in with a few goals, whereas Colback only has 3 goals, and you'd want a few more from an attacking midfielder.

Either way, we need to score first or if we do concede first change straight to a 3-5-2 rather than that 20 minute 4-1-4-1 hybrid which just does'nt get us around or behind teams who sit deep and defend their lead like Boro.
Login to get fewer ads

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 12:02 - Mar 28 with 854 viewsdaveB

I feel old reading this, I remember when Number 6 was the centre half or a squad number rather than a position
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 12:07 - Mar 28 with 826 viewsParkRoyalR

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 12:02 - Mar 28 by daveB

I feel old reading this, I remember when Number 6 was the centre half or a squad number rather than a position

Agree,
It was only that Brian explained it in that formation diagram that I understood it,
Not sure if omitting the No 9 was a Freudian slip mind!
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 12:10 - Mar 28 with 818 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 10:41 - Mar 28 by gazza1

We may set up similar to what you say but we are very flexible with the two wide players, for example, having defensive responsibilities.

Re Colback, he has played well pretty much well all season(no way a mixed signed as you say) and as mentioned he has missed a few games. Please remember that GA picked him most times and so does MC so you comments about 'playing well now' does not aline with the Managers (nor mine!!).

As for the team against B'ham.....I am sure LD will not start, depends how he views his tactics for midfield, Colback & Hayden for sure and I recon it could be Anderson, Chair and Willock, either Frey or Armstrong.....but it does depend what his tactics are.

Play well and we win.

I'd pick Colback for this game and I'd pick him for most games. I just think he's been a mixed signing for the reasons I stated above.

Agree with your other comments.

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 12:14 - Mar 28 with 810 viewsSuperhoops2808

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 11:22 - Mar 28 by kensalriser

I think we may - And spoil their party like they did to us 2010/11
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 12:16 - Mar 28 with 801 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 12:07 - Mar 28 by ParkRoyalR

Agree,
It was only that Brian explained it in that formation diagram that I understood it,
Not sure if omitting the No 9 was a Freudian slip mind!

It was not a comment on our striking options. I promise!

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 13:10 - Mar 28 with 673 viewsTheChef

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 11:37 - Mar 28 by ParkRoyalR

Agree Colback's been a mixed signing, was hoping for more having seen him play well at ours over the years,

Obviously superior to Dozzell as does show for the ball and move it well with his short passing game but has been poor defensively at corners & set pieces which has cost us goals and points in key games,

Before Hadyn (who can play 6 and 8) arriving Colback was a must starter but my preference now is Hadyn and Field, as Field is so much better defensively and is chipping in with a few goals, whereas Colback only has 3 goals, and you'd want a few more from an attacking midfielder.

Either way, we need to score first or if we do concede first change straight to a 3-5-2 rather than that 20 minute 4-1-4-1 hybrid which just does'nt get us around or behind teams who sit deep and defend their lead like Boro.

It's HaydEn.

Unless we're lining up a deceased composer tomorrow.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 13:23 - Mar 28 with 636 viewsgazza1

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 11:37 - Mar 28 by ParkRoyalR

Well, if he was been a mixed signing as has been said - why do Managers pick him when he is fit and available. The reason is that he is a good player and a good signing. A much more rounded player in midfield than Field.

It is difficult re Field because he is a good player but MC obviously prefers Colback and so do I.....he has more to his game than Field. You say, Field a few goals - 2 to be exact and both in the same game - ha ha, Colback has 'only' got 3 goals which is more than Field who is 'chipping in' with 2!! And BTW Colback is not an attacking midfielder no more that LD is a winger!!!

One other point, Interesting that Brian thinks that Colback is a defensive midfielder and you think he is an attacking midfielder. I think that he is a midfielder!!!
[Post edited 28 Mar 13:25]
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 14:02 - Mar 28 with 568 viewsLongRanger

3 months ago, the idea we could choose to leave out Colback or Field out was crazy, but shows how much better things are now. I have a preference, but it doesn't matter, as unlike GA and the others that came before MC, he doesn't seem to have his blind favourites, who play regardless of form, so whoever he chooses, I'm happy with that.

I do think he'll go Frey up top, as they'll sit deep which is no good for Armstrong, so I'm expecting another WBA type performance from Frey.
Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 14:37 - Mar 28 with 503 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Friday - Birmingham, Dozzell, 3 points on 13:23 - Mar 28 by gazza1

Well, if he was been a mixed signing as has been said - why do Managers pick him when he is fit and available. The reason is that he is a good player and a good signing. A much more rounded player in midfield than Field.

It is difficult re Field because he is a good player but MC obviously prefers Colback and so do I.....he has more to his game than Field. You say, Field a few goals - 2 to be exact and both in the same game - ha ha, Colback has 'only' got 3 goals which is more than Field who is 'chipping in' with 2!! And BTW Colback is not an attacking midfielder no more that LD is a winger!!!

One other point, Interesting that Brian thinks that Colback is a defensive midfielder and you think he is an attacking midfielder. I think that he is a midfielder!!!
[Post edited 28 Mar 13:25]

I’m with you Gazza in that I think Colback is a central midfielder. Certainly he’s not an attacking midfielder and I don’t think he’s comfortable enough or interested enough to receive the balls in deep positions to be a defensive midfielder.

I’d pick him, but as a central midfielder.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024