Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel chaos 10:15 - Apr 1 with 6309 viewsstowmarketrange

No trains west of Cardiff due to an electrical problem.A lot of trains from London cancelled including my 10.48.Should be fun.
Travel chaos on 10:20 - Apr 1 with 4504 viewsHayesender

Couple of my mates have jumped on the 10.15 to Cardiff. Apparently £60 in an uber from there. Train services in this country are are beyond a joke now

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Travel chaos on 10:37 - Apr 1 with 4416 viewsstowmarketrange

Travel chaos on 10:20 - Apr 1 by Hayesender

Couple of my mates have jumped on the 10.15 to Cardiff. Apparently £60 in an uber from there. Train services in this country are are beyond a joke now

Can you ask them to save me a seat as I’m getting on at Swindon.They have to provide coaches at Cardiff I’d hope.If not my brother and me are happy to share their Uber.
Travel chaos on 11:32 - Apr 1 with 4213 viewsE17hoop

Travel chaos on 10:37 - Apr 1 by stowmarketrange

Can you ask them to save me a seat as I’m getting on at Swindon.They have to provide coaches at Cardiff I’d hope.If not my brother and me are happy to share their Uber.

Having problems sourcing coaches apparently. Hopefully will have some there by the time the train arrives. My son's on the train too and probably looking for a seat in a cab.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Travel chaos on 12:05 - Apr 1 with 4086 viewsHayesender

Right, change of plan. They're gonna jump on the 12.27 coach from Newport, as apparently its a bit chaotic at Cardiff. Best of luck to you all getting there

Travel chaos on 13:40 - Apr 1 with 3789 viewsdaveB

We had to give up and back home now buying the stream, absolute farce this morning, asked the woman on helpdesk at reading what was happening and she said all running on time despite every app and the screen saying the next 3 trains all cancelled, she then worked it out and told us to try and go to Cardiff and see if the buses are running. Fair play to anyone who made it
Travel chaos on 13:54 - Apr 1 with 3677 viewsE17hoop

Some buses at Cardiff but the 12.56 from Cardiff still ran and is almost at Swansea. Uber wanted £80 from Cardiff to Swansea apparently.

Travel chaos on 15:55 - Apr 1 with 3350 viewsBoston

Travel chaos on 13:54 - Apr 1 by E17hoop

Some buses at Cardiff but the 12.56 from Cardiff still ran and is almost at Swansea. Uber wanted £80 from Cardiff to Swansea apparently.

Uptick in people using Uber.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Travel chaos on 17:30 - Apr 1 with 3202 viewsNoDiddley

Did you make it?
Were there any sausage rolls available?
Login to get fewer ads

Travel chaos on 19:54 - Apr 1 with 2977 viewsstowmarketrange

Travel chaos on 17:30 - Apr 1 by NoDiddley

Did you make it?
Were there any sausage rolls available?

The queue for the Greggs was too big for John.So we had to suffer a pie in the ground.He paid though.
Travel chaos on 19:59 - Apr 1 with 2910 viewsNoDiddley

Travel chaos on 19:54 - Apr 1 by stowmarketrange

The queue for the Greggs was too big for John.So we had to suffer a pie in the ground.He paid though.

Result!
You deserve a treat for that trek I’ll get them In Saturday
4 of the finest👍
Travel chaos on 20:22 - Apr 1 with 2795 viewsstowmarketrange

Travel chaos on 19:59 - Apr 1 by NoDiddley

Result!
You deserve a treat for that trek I’ll get them In Saturday
4 of the finest👍

Now at Swindon and I think Im absolutely f@cked.Only 4 1/2 hours to go.
Travel chaos on 09:58 - Apr 2 with 2409 viewsterryb

Travel chaos on 20:22 - Apr 1 by stowmarketrange

Now at Swindon and I think Im absolutely f@cked.Only 4 1/2 hours to go.

I'm so pleased for you Sir & very happy that you represented all of us that live in Suffolk!

Hopefully you recover from what must have been a day of exhaustion.
Travel chaos on 10:35 - Apr 2 with 2303 viewsstowmarketrange

Travel chaos on 09:58 - Apr 2 by terryb

I'm so pleased for you Sir & very happy that you represented all of us that live in Suffolk!

Hopefully you recover from what must have been a day of exhaustion.

Cheers Terry.I normally only go to about 8-10 away games a year and only ever tend to see 1 victory in those games,Stoke last season and Middlesbrough the season before,so I think I’m missing the last 3 as I don’t want to jinx the club any more.
There were so many youngsters there yesterday and they are the future of this club,not old farts like me.It was good to see a packed away end again and long may it continue.Seeing them all yesterday reminded me of my own away days back in the 70’s on the football specials,with the worst carriages that British Rail could find for us to use.That normally included bulbs that were missing and toilets that didn’t work,which was the same yesterday on the 10.15 Cardiff train.

Another fleeting glimpse of the old codger on the highlights reel on Sky brightened my day today too.As the camera pans across our fans at the end of the game,I’m the ugly one 2nd from the camera on the back row.Two wins in 3 days and 2 tv appearances thrown in.I’ll be available for book signings in the White Horse on Saturday.

For every Sheffield Wednesday and Watford away game there’s a Swansea one around the corner.
Travel chaos on 11:02 - Apr 2 with 2212 viewsTheChef

Travel chaos on 13:40 - Apr 1 by daveB

We had to give up and back home now buying the stream, absolute farce this morning, asked the woman on helpdesk at reading what was happening and she said all running on time despite every app and the screen saying the next 3 trains all cancelled, she then worked it out and told us to try and go to Cardiff and see if the buses are running. Fair play to anyone who made it

Ah Dave sorry to hear that - shame you didn't persevere! I think the majority of fans made it in the end?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Travel chaos on 11:20 - Apr 2 with 2130 viewsdaveB

Travel chaos on 11:02 - Apr 2 by TheChef

Ah Dave sorry to hear that - shame you didn't persevere! I think the majority of fans made it in the end?

only if you were willing to pay a fortune in taxis from Cardiff or fight to get on one of a handful of rail replacement buses (which may or may not be waiting for you) or wait for a train which might not run but if it does means you missed kick off, from what we were being told that was our only options and they couldn't say if there would be any trains back either. The clincher was asking when the next Cardiff train would be and it was in 2 hours so we quit whilst we were behind

Fair play to anyone who made it by train, would have been a very expensive but obviously a brilliant day out for them in the end
[Post edited 2 Apr 11:23]
Travel chaos on 13:07 - Apr 2 with 1997 viewsstowmarketrange

Travel chaos on 11:20 - Apr 2 by daveB

only if you were willing to pay a fortune in taxis from Cardiff or fight to get on one of a handful of rail replacement buses (which may or may not be waiting for you) or wait for a train which might not run but if it does means you missed kick off, from what we were being told that was our only options and they couldn't say if there would be any trains back either. The clincher was asking when the next Cardiff train would be and it was in 2 hours so we quit whilst we were behind

Fair play to anyone who made it by train, would have been a very expensive but obviously a brilliant day out for them in the end
[Post edited 2 Apr 11:23]

I got to Paddington about 9.55 and they advised me to get the 10.15 to Cardiff instead of the 10.48 to Swansea,which was cancelled.I decided to take the 10am train to Bristol instead,just to get part of the journey done.I got off at Swindon and waited for the Cardiff train,which was packed and running late.People were saying about getting off at Newport to avoid the chaos at Cardiff,but we persevered.We got to Cardiff and they weren’t sure at first whether trains would run or not,but we decided to wait and see.The 12.56 train to Swansea was the 1st train that made it through,but there was a tannoy announcement about qpr fans getting coaches outside the station,which a lot of people did.Again,we decided that the train might be best.It was a slow run but we got to Swansea at about 14.10 and got a taxi straight to the ground.We got there in time to have a beer before the game,but it seems we were very lucky.
Anyone on an earlier train appears to have had to pay fortunes to finish their journey and the people after us probably never made the game at all,or were late in getting there.
Travel chaos on 13:26 - Apr 2 with 1956 viewsE17hoop

Travel chaos on 13:07 - Apr 2 by stowmarketrange

I got to Paddington about 9.55 and they advised me to get the 10.15 to Cardiff instead of the 10.48 to Swansea,which was cancelled.I decided to take the 10am train to Bristol instead,just to get part of the journey done.I got off at Swindon and waited for the Cardiff train,which was packed and running late.People were saying about getting off at Newport to avoid the chaos at Cardiff,but we persevered.We got to Cardiff and they weren’t sure at first whether trains would run or not,but we decided to wait and see.The 12.56 train to Swansea was the 1st train that made it through,but there was a tannoy announcement about qpr fans getting coaches outside the station,which a lot of people did.Again,we decided that the train might be best.It was a slow run but we got to Swansea at about 14.10 and got a taxi straight to the ground.We got there in time to have a beer before the game,but it seems we were very lucky.
Anyone on an earlier train appears to have had to pay fortunes to finish their journey and the people after us probably never made the game at all,or were late in getting there.

That was the route my son took but walked to the ground from the station. Lucky to get a seat on the train to Cardiff and v tired when he got back but enjoyed it.

Travel chaos on 13:31 - Apr 2 with 1942 viewsstowmarketrange

Travel chaos on 13:26 - Apr 2 by E17hoop

That was the route my son took but walked to the ground from the station. Lucky to get a seat on the train to Cardiff and v tired when he got back but enjoyed it.

We walked back to the station and still had time for a couple in the Grand hotel before the train.
Travel chaos on 13:31 - Apr 2 with 1938 viewsJuzzie

And Governments wonder why people prefer cars over public transport.....
Travel chaos on 14:07 - Apr 2 with 1830 viewsRangersw12

Had an email that the last train back from Plymouth has now been cancelled

So now having to get a hotel etc

Rail network in this country has been broken for years and drastically needs to be looked at
Travel chaos on 14:09 - Apr 2 with 1831 viewsted_hendrix

Many-many years ago I used to catch a train from Hanover in what was then West Germany to Ostend In belgium, the train was scheduled to leave Hanover at the awful time of 04.20 In the morning, maybe made that trip half a dozen times, the train was never cancelled and always left on time.
Used to catch a train from Fremantle In Aus to Perth and back that train always left on time and was kept spotlessly clean. Used to catch the bus from the outskirts of Fremantle and again the buses were on time, spotlessly clean and the drivers always welcomed you on board.
We're In the 21st century and we're either cancelled or running late or bloody lost.
I hate knocking our country but strewth how can It be that difficult to get a train from bloody London to Swansea In these modern times?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Travel chaos on 14:13 - Apr 2 with 1790 viewsJuzzie

Travel chaos on 14:09 - Apr 2 by ted_hendrix

Many-many years ago I used to catch a train from Hanover in what was then West Germany to Ostend In belgium, the train was scheduled to leave Hanover at the awful time of 04.20 In the morning, maybe made that trip half a dozen times, the train was never cancelled and always left on time.
Used to catch a train from Fremantle In Aus to Perth and back that train always left on time and was kept spotlessly clean. Used to catch the bus from the outskirts of Fremantle and again the buses were on time, spotlessly clean and the drivers always welcomed you on board.
We're In the 21st century and we're either cancelled or running late or bloody lost.
I hate knocking our country but strewth how can It be that difficult to get a train from bloody London to Swansea In these modern times?

Businesses now run 'for profit' rather than providing a good service (less profit) and will do everything to maximise that profit potential by having everything at breaking point.

It's greed, pure and simple.
Travel chaos on 16:43 - Apr 2 with 1569 viewsColinr

Fortunately for our group we arrived early for our 10.48 train so had time to get home and drive to Swansea. Long unexpected task but worthwhile to be there :-)

Its sadly just another example of why people drive however
Travel chaos on 17:01 - Apr 2 with 1499 viewsBoston

Travel chaos on 14:09 - Apr 2 by ted_hendrix

the 4.10am from Euston on a Sunday, stopping at Queens Park, Wembley Central, Watford then Milton Keynes.
Never many on it, very varied bunch but all under the influence.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Travel chaos on 18:07 - Apr 2 with 1376 viewsHayesender

Travel chaos on 14:07 - Apr 2 by Rangersw12

Had an email that the last train back from Plymouth has now been cancelled

So now having to get a hotel etc

Rail network in this country has been broken for years and drastically needs to be looked at

Should be a legal requirement to run first and last trains of the day. Political parties want a vote winner? Sort out the rail services.

Thankfully we're driving to Plymouth on Sunday. Bollox to relying on the trains

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024