Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humble 13:57 - Apr 7 with 1352 viewsSuperhoops2808

I've not read all the posts on here since yesterdays defeat, but I was as disappointed as most on here at yesterdays performance. The reality is though, 3 games over the space of 8 days and we took 6 points and lets be honest no one thought we would get 3 of those at Swansea. Our recent record has as I have said several times pulled us free of the relegation zone and more importantly meant that our destiny is still in our own hands.

So come on, as our great leader (cannot believe there is a post questioning his ability) would say, lets stay positive, but more importantly remain humble. Yesterday was an awful day at the office and rather than have a week to dwell on it, the team can put it right on Tuesday evening.

Let HUMBLE be the word of the week

Humble on 14:29 - Apr 7 with 1207 viewsDeanoMD

Fully agree.

If you look over recent performances we haven't been amazing by any stretch of the imagination, think WBA was the last time we really looked good. But we've picked up points steadily and that's a clear sign we can achieve the aim of staying up.

We win a few games everyone goes mad and overreacts, we lose one game everyone goes mad and overreacts.

Marti knows the players were poor yesterday, quite a few of them look knackered, it's been an emotional season and that takes it toll. But like any good Coach he took the responsibility and blamed himself, he's aware the fans will slaughter the players so he doesn't need to get involved in that, he needs to lift them and instil some confidence in them so that they can finish the job.

If you'd have asked fans if we would like to be four points clear of relegation zone with 5 games to go when Marti took over I'm pretty sure everyone would say yes.
Humble on 15:17 - Apr 7 with 1075 viewsQPR_John

Humble on 14:29 - Apr 7 by DeanoMD

Fully agree.

If you look over recent performances we haven't been amazing by any stretch of the imagination, think WBA was the last time we really looked good. But we've picked up points steadily and that's a clear sign we can achieve the aim of staying up.

We win a few games everyone goes mad and overreacts, we lose one game everyone goes mad and overreacts.

Marti knows the players were poor yesterday, quite a few of them look knackered, it's been an emotional season and that takes it toll. But like any good Coach he took the responsibility and blamed himself, he's aware the fans will slaughter the players so he doesn't need to get involved in that, he needs to lift them and instil some confidence in them so that they can finish the job.

If you'd have asked fans if we would like to be four points clear of relegation zone with 5 games to go when Marti took over I'm pretty sure everyone would say yes.

“ If you'd have asked fans if we would like to be four points clear of relegation zone with 5 games to go when Marti took over I'm pretty sure everyone would say yes.”

Of course we would but you have to take into account where we were at the time. Yesterday we had the chance to pull clear the fact we did not take it and put in such an abject performance gives a different perspective to being 4 points clear.
Humble on 15:57 - Apr 7 with 963 viewsHastings_Hoops

Absolutely agree… if you had offered me six points from a possible nine on Good Friday morning, I’d be pleased with that.
Humble on 17:48 - Apr 7 with 732 viewsSuperhoops2808

Humble on 15:57 - Apr 7 by Hastings_Hoops

Absolutely agree… if you had offered me six points from a possible nine on Good Friday morning, I’d be pleased with that.

Only Bristol City and Middlesborough bettered our last 3 games haul. And they only got 7

Looking at form from last 8 games we are 17th at home BUT 1st away from home

Maybe as someone pointed out, we do wobble when there is the pressure of the home fans and the expectation that comes with it.
Humble on 18:20 - Apr 7 with 630 viewsManinBlack

We lost at home to Sheffield Wednesday who have been in the bottom 3 all season so it is not an over reaction. This is not a one off with us as we regularly lose to teams at the bottom and many are sick of it.

Up in Sheffield when a goal up, had we won we would have gone 10 points clear of them. Yesterday we had a second
opportunity to go 10 points ahead of them and blew it
again. There is no way Sheffield would have caught us 10 points adrift with 5 games to play. Now it is just 4 points they could still catch us.

I know we could put it right at Plymouth but as I have said elsewhere, Plymouth know they have to beat us as Wednesday and Huddersfield are right behind them and they have to face Leicester next Saturday. That is their motivation plus they possess a player with 20 goals to his name. Where is our goal threat?

Five games this season against teams who came up from league 1 last season has produced no wins and only one goal scored, and we lost that anyway. We have dropped 13 points out of 15 against Wednesday, Ipswich and Plymouth so I am not holding my breath that we will get 3 points at Home Park.

I appreciate we have won four of the last six away games, and it really should have been five at Sunderland, so people are confident of winning at Plymouth but a lot hinges on who scores first. The game we lost at Stoke seems to be because we conceded first so that is key to Tuesday night.
Humble on 18:37 - Apr 7 with 572 viewsLazyFan

Hopefully, the manager has learned some things.

We can observe the following ...

Armstong is not CF; he's a Winger. He is akin to the pacy wingers of the past rather than a dribbler. He is a kick-it past them and takes them down the pitch-for-pace type of winger. Exactly what he did against Bournemouth. He is not a hold-up player and therefore, is not an outlet in the middle. This we now know for sure. Hopefully, Martri sees it as well.

Chair is completely knackered. Could be that Ramadan is not helping as well, but it's clear he is not at full capability.
He needs a proper rest.

Hayden is sometimes great, other times poor. Against a deep midfield (Bannan) he himself is too deep and, therefore, cannot contribute in dominating the middle. If we are playing against deep-lying midfielders like Sheff Wed has, we should, when fit, play Colback or even EDB instead. If we are playing a team with attacking midfielders like the top teams, then we should play Hayden.

Dykes and Frey are all we have to hold the ball up. They are poor, but that's all we have. Koli is still not fit :(

For Plymouth, I would rest Chair, playing Willock on that side, and have Smyth on the right. Bring back Colback if fit or have Hayden if needed. Armstrong is on the bench for later and play Dykes for now. Chair could then possibly have some food when it gets dark and be ready to come on as a sub if needed.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024