Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With all this talk of strikers... 00:23 - Apr 10 with 3464 viewsbenhurst

Two in four minutes for Charlie Kelman tonight - he's still only 22, not necessarily all over for him as a QPR player.

With all this talk of strikers... on 01:55 - Apr 10 with 2955 viewsozexile

Nothing to see here. I'd be amazed if he ever played for us again.
With all this talk of strikers... on 02:09 - Apr 10 with 2943 viewsMatch82

We haven't got a single striker in double digits this season in the league.

Oh sorry I made a mistake. All of our recognized centre forwards combined, Armstrong, Dykes, Frey, haven't got it double digits BETWEEN THEM. In 79 appearances.

Not sure we should be writing any options off at this point in time.
With all this talk of strikers... on 05:25 - Apr 10 with 2803 viewsLowerloftLad

There is clutching at straws and then there is charlie kelman.

Please god let this season end.

[Post edited 10 Apr 5:26]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

With all this talk of strikers... on 08:59 - Apr 10 with 2389 viewsgazza1

Kelman is very average indeed, be lucky to get a regular game in the Conference for Wealdstone!!! How he is still being paid a salary from our Club is amazing.
With all this talk of strikers... on 13:02 - Apr 10 with 2123 viewsderbyhoop

Kelman wasn't the only QPR striker to notch a double yesterday. Alfie Lloyd scored twice as Dev Squad beat Crewe 7-0.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

With all this talk of strikers... on 13:33 - Apr 10 with 2002 viewsTheChef

Unfortunately he had his chance in the Plymouth home game (and it was a very presentable chance) and he blew it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

With all this talk of strikers... on 13:37 - Apr 10 with 1978 viewsLowerloftLad

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/who-would-you-like-to-keep-for-next-s

Seems the wigan fans are more than happy to send him back.

He needs to find a conference or a league two side to get his career going.
[Post edited 10 Apr 13:41]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

With all this talk of strikers... on 14:12 - Apr 10 with 1838 viewsdaveB

With all this talk of strikers... on 13:33 - Apr 10 by TheChef

Unfortunately he had his chance in the Plymouth home game (and it was a very presentable chance) and he blew it.

He did start as a right winger that night, I don't think we've started him too often as a striker, not that i think he's good enough but in the 4 years he's been here he's hardly been given a chance
Login to get fewer ads

With all this talk of strikers... on 14:49 - Apr 10 with 1724 viewsrbee

Many have said that Kelman is the best finisher during training but he has yet to replicate that on a matchday for us.

We certainly don't always play our strikers in their best positions and the service that they receive is generally poor. Perhaps that is because we are intent on either hoofing the ball up top or trying to play through Chair and Willock or Smyth much of the time.

On the other side of the argument you could say that good strikers find a way to score goals as Austin, Gray and Martin proved in recent years.

It's certainly a conundrum for us and something for Marti & Co to work on next season.
With all this talk of strikers... on 14:52 - Apr 10 with 1689 viewsgazza1

With all this talk of strikers... on 14:49 - Apr 10 by rbee

Many have said that Kelman is the best finisher during training but he has yet to replicate that on a matchday for us.

We certainly don't always play our strikers in their best positions and the service that they receive is generally poor. Perhaps that is because we are intent on either hoofing the ball up top or trying to play through Chair and Willock or Smyth much of the time.

On the other side of the argument you could say that good strikers find a way to score goals as Austin, Gray and Martin proved in recent years.

It's certainly a conundrum for us and something for Marti & Co to work on next season.

Who is this 'many' that say he is the best finisher during training??? Just interested to know.
[Post edited 10 Apr 14:53]
With all this talk of strikers... on 15:04 - Apr 10 with 1642 viewsThGrimRanger

With all this talk of strikers... on 14:52 - Apr 10 by gazza1

Who is this 'many' that say he is the best finisher during training??? Just interested to know.

Les

always found it ironic that we never had a decent striker in the 8 years he was our DoF

TheGrimRanger

With all this talk of strikers... on 15:05 - Apr 10 with 1633 viewsdaveB

Warburton and Austin both said it a few years back
With all this talk of strikers... on 15:06 - Apr 10 with 1623 viewskensalriser

I think that stems from a one time off the cuff remark by Warburton that seems have become QPR scripture.

It's obviously not true because if it were, he'd be in the side scoring goals.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

With all this talk of strikers... on 16:04 - Apr 10 with 1494 viewsgazza1

With all this talk of strikers... on 15:06 - Apr 10 by kensalriser

I think that stems from a one time off the cuff remark by Warburton that seems have become QPR scripture.

It's obviously not true because if it were, he'd be in the side scoring goals.

Its rubbish basically....as you have said - if he was he would be playing.
With all this talk of strikers... on 16:46 - Apr 10 with 1405 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Didn’t we extend his contract in January?
With all this talk of strikers... on 16:55 - Apr 10 with 1363 viewsgazza1

With all this talk of strikers... on 16:46 - Apr 10 by Padulas_Shampoo

Didn’t we extend his contract in January?

No surely not.....another bundle gone if we did give him another contract. Not sure he is even a sellable player.
With all this talk of strikers... on 17:41 - Apr 10 with 1283 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

With all this talk of strikers... on 16:55 - Apr 10 by gazza1

No surely not.....another bundle gone if we did give him another contract. Not sure he is even a sellable player.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/january/31/charlie-kelman-joins-wigan-on-loan/
With all this talk of strikers... on 17:51 - Apr 10 with 1240 viewsLazyFan

Kelman was bought as they saw he could pass quite well in the final third. The problem is, he's not fast enough to get into those positions often, and he does not play the target man to hold things up.

The Dozy problem, as not in the right places at the correct times often enough. And not realising it to sort it out or not wanting too.

The upside is, that he is always fit and available, unlike Richards.
He may be able to become a midfielder, but I doubt he can do it as a forward.

zzzzzzzzzz

With all this talk of strikers... on 18:26 - Apr 10 with 1191 viewsVancouverHoop

What exactly is wrong with Rayan Kolli? He's a striker, but been injured/unavailable for most of the season, and so far as I know there have been infrequent, or no updates at all, on his condition.
With all this talk of strikers... on 19:50 - Apr 10 with 1076 viewsrbee

Albert has also said it and I think Beale did too when Paul Morrisey asked him a question along the lines of Who has surprised you in training the most.
With all this talk of strikers... on 19:55 - Apr 10 with 1061 viewskensalriser

Regardless, being a good finisher isn't very useful when you can't get started.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

With all this talk of strikers... on 20:02 - Apr 10 with 1050 viewsrbee

I can't remember who but an ex player made a comment about certain players shining during training but were unable to replicate that form on match day.
With all this talk of strikers... on 20:48 - Apr 10 with 968 viewsstevec

With all this talk of strikers... on 14:12 - Apr 10 by daveB

He did start as a right winger that night, I don't think we've started him too often as a striker, not that i think he's good enough but in the 4 years he's been here he's hardly been given a chance

Another no hoper on 4 years. You’ve got to wonder about that regime.

Can see why the club have gone schtoom on contracts though!
With all this talk of strikers... on 21:12 - Apr 10 with 918 viewsLazyFan

With all this talk of strikers... on 18:26 - Apr 10 by VancouverHoop

What exactly is wrong with Rayan Kolli? He's a striker, but been injured/unavailable for most of the season, and so far as I know there have been infrequent, or no updates at all, on his condition.

Injured, I would like to have seen more of him too.

zzzzzzzzzz

With all this talk of strikers... on 21:17 - Apr 10 with 902 viewsCiderwithRsie

With all this talk of strikers... on 02:09 - Apr 10 by Match82

We haven't got a single striker in double digits this season in the league.

Oh sorry I made a mistake. All of our recognized centre forwards combined, Armstrong, Dykes, Frey, haven't got it double digits BETWEEN THEM. In 79 appearances.

Not sure we should be writing any options off at this point in time.

The alternative view is that we should be writing off all of them and starting again in the summer.

Not sure I'd go that far but I'd certainly be well along that path.

Let's also not forget that the one absolute quality forward we have is Ilias Chair and none of us can be exactly certain where he'll be next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024