Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report 00:18 - Apr 11 with 4296 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62301/faint-hope-s
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 03:12 - Apr 11 with 4076 viewsCLAREMAN1995

That was a great report and the frustration is loud and clear we should have drawn with SW and beaten Plymouth and crack open the drinks of choice .
No real defense of our keeper he had 3 options on that cross yet accomplished none.
If the whole squad is feeling pressure he is under the most right now and we cannot afford him to crack any further .
Look at the kid SW have in goals he made a big error on Tuesday as did the Arsenal, City and Real Madrid keepers its just human nature .
Can anybody explain why Hodges is not getting on the field I think he has as much to offer as anybody Marti shoves on and why uncle Albert if for experience its not working .
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 06:52 - Apr 11 with 3859 viewsGaryBannister86

Terrific report, Clive, thanks so much.

I'm glad you are feeling more sanguine now, I think in normal circumstances last night's results would have made me rather relaxed, but this manager feels like another opportunity for us to actually grasp for once. We won't have him long, and would love for that to be in the Championship, so until we get 100% safe then I am going to be slightly anxious.

I'm hoping we don't make the same mistake against Preston as we did against Wednesday - if a 0-0 is there, then take it. Put it all to bed.
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 07:31 - Apr 11 with 3715 viewsgazza1

Good chat Norf ....... we deserved 3 points but as we say - until both ends of the pitch are fixed then it is very very tough to win games.

Hopefully the Club will support MC in the summer and then we can move a long way up the table.
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 07:44 - Apr 11 with 3689 viewsPaddyhoops

I see somebody on twitter said Begovich made three great saves before his clanger.
Great?? Really. Last keeper we could fully trust was Smithies.
Great report as always . Travelling fans superb as always.
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 07:54 - Apr 11 with 3606 viewsdm97

Lumley, Kelly, Archer, Marshall, Westwood, Begovic - Seny was the outlier (and even the curse afflicted him by the end), the norm since Smithies has been pretty woeful.

Dont tell me we actually give Gavin Ward power in GK recruitment? Even for the No.1? Nourry's data models must not allow such a caveman approach to recruitment, you'd hope anyway

Feel very similar to you after last night Clive, and fancy us to win one of Hull and Preston which will almost certainly be enough. We have half a comb in the land of the bald etc
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 08:14 - Apr 11 with 3506 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Really pleased you thought we played well, I did also. A world away from the drivel we sat through at HQ against SW on Saturday. You'd have thought we'd just been humped 4-0 reading some of the hysterical comments on the match thread. Disappointing to say the least in the manner in which we chucked away the lead but we're nearly there.
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 09:00 - Apr 11 with 3305 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cracking report, Clive. Very fair and hugely entertaining.

Thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 09:42 - Apr 11 with 3127 viewsDeanoMD

Great report as always.

I too am totally bemused by this re-appearance of Unc's, it's not fair on him or us, and I don't buy the talk of him being the most experienced for the situation on Tuesday or Saturday for that matter. There were/are much better options on the bench and I pray Marti sees sense this weekend and leaves him at home to work on his kick ups for Instagram.
Login to get fewer ads

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 10:10 - Apr 11 with 3037 viewsTheChef

"It shouldn’t be this difficult, stressful, terrifying, torturous Just score the goal for goodness sake. It’s like watching someone try to give birth to a Renault Megane."

Well, quite.

Can't wait to watch the next birth plan this Saturday

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 10:50 - Apr 11 with 2911 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive - Another spot on report which was a very enjoyable read.

All goalkeepers make mistakes and over the course of the season, I think Asmir has been okay and pretty steady overall. However he does scare the life out of me when we play our goal kicks out from the back and no doubting he will need replacing next season and certainly not with Archer. The jury is out with Walsh so it will be interesting if we go for experience or up and coming in the summer.

Bloody frustrating but with last nights results we are still top in our nine team mini league with a chance to put it to bed Saturday.

Hope I'm not tempting fate but I feel slightly more confident playing Hull away than I would if we were playing them at home.
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 11:27 - Apr 11 with 2789 viewsEastR

What a great away support base we have, well done to all those making the journey. Its understandable the sense of frustration with how the lead was pegged back.

The goalkeeper article embedded in the report made interesting reading. Some good background analysis and stats on a few candidates. Although any notion that we would want to even consider paying £32k a week for one is mad.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 12:21 - Apr 11 with 2632 viewsNoelmc

Great report, thanks.

LOL at the piece on Abigail ending, "I’m pleased our scouts are, presumably, at other games otherwise she might end up with a contract".
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 13:21 - Apr 11 with 2448 viewsParkRoyalR

Must have been yet another frustrating write up & appreciate you going through the trauma to articulate how we managed not to win another game we needed to and deserved to win.

I posted prior to the game I was pleased Frey was unavailable as would stop Cifuentes tinkering with our attack as believe it has been to the teams detriment in key games like Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke away etc as you need a settled style of attacking play as much as you need a settled back 4, or back 6, as it is with Hadeyn & Field's starting.

I believe we have a tendency among many other things to start slowly and take time to work our way into games, where our superior ball players (Willock, Andersen & Chair) get more space in the 2nd Half as the opposition tires and 55 minutes is far too early to give up our pressing game and go long by bringing on Frey & Armstrong respectively.

I thought we were much more cohesive as a team in our attacking play on Tuesday night than the debacle that was our tactics versus Sheffield Wednesday.

I have confidence if Cifuentes stays / is forced to play this Starting XI we will have more control in games as we did against Argyle, create more chances (hopefully we can take) and we will secure the points needed to stay up. Hope I'm right.
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 15:45 - Apr 11 with 2149 viewslondonscottish

"Just score the goal for goodness sake. It’s like watching someone try to give birth to a Renault Megane". :-)

The worse it gets, the better the reports.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 18:58 - Apr 11 with 1813 viewsbosh67

Spot on as always Clive.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 19:06 - Apr 11 with 1792 viewsstevec

Second half we were in such control I was as relaxed as I’ve been all season going into the last ten minutes.

Preston have two hard games before us, hopefully that’ll take its toll as I don’t want to rely on us beating Leeds or Coventry.

The upside if we stay up is how obvious it is where the deficiencies are. Keeper shouldn’t be so hard to find adequate replacement, forwards less so. But we won’t have our DOF muddying the waters for the first time in a long while.
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 22:41 - Apr 11 with 1496 viewsParkRoyalR

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 19:06 - Apr 11 by stevec

Second half we were in such control I was as relaxed as I’ve been all season going into the last ten minutes.

Preston have two hard games before us, hopefully that’ll take its toll as I don’t want to rely on us beating Leeds or Coventry.

The upside if we stay up is how obvious it is where the deficiencies are. Keeper shouldn’t be so hard to find adequate replacement, forwards less so. But we won’t have our DOF muddying the waters for the first time in a long while.

Agree, felt the same, as after lessons learnt against Wednesday we trusted our possession & passing game and did'nt make usual early substitutions bringing on forwards who just are'nt suited to this possession based style of play.

I just hope Cifuentes see this and plays the same Starting XI versus Hull and likewise holds his nerve regards timing of substitutions and who to bring on to keep energy levels up late in game but most importantly to keep possession of the ball.
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 13:07 - Apr 12 with 1047 viewspafcprogs

Terrific report.....I may have to steal the shitting a car metaphor before seasons end

Here is a link to the One Game at a Time Leicester preview which has my match summary. Still not sure how we got a point.

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/one-game-at-a-time-skyre-only-here-for-the-champion

Great turn out from your fans, and hopefully we can do it all again next season. If we do what's Alberts birthday so we can send him a cake?
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 15:07 - Apr 12 with 924 viewsdaveB

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 22:41 - Apr 11 by ParkRoyalR

Agree, felt the same, as after lessons learnt against Wednesday we trusted our possession & passing game and did'nt make usual early substitutions bringing on forwards who just are'nt suited to this possession based style of play.

I just hope Cifuentes see this and plays the same Starting XI versus Hull and likewise holds his nerve regards timing of substitutions and who to bring on to keep energy levels up late in game but most importantly to keep possession of the ball.

Are any of our forwards suited to a possession style? Not as if Dykes is any better at it than the other 2.
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 15:31 - Apr 12 with 862 viewsOldPedro

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 13:07 - Apr 12 by pafcprogs

Terrific report.....I may have to steal the shitting a car metaphor before seasons end

Here is a link to the One Game at a Time Leicester preview which has my match summary. Still not sure how we got a point.

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/one-game-at-a-time-skyre-only-here-for-the-champion

Great turn out from your fans, and hopefully we can do it all again next season. If we do what's Alberts birthday so we can send him a cake?

Just read your summary and particularly liked this bit:

"In swung the corner, and Begovic, doing a passable impression of Beaker from the Muppets on the end of a Bunsen Honeydew experiment, came, flapped and if he got any touch at all, only succeeded in guiding the ball onto the knees of the second least popular player in the Rangers squad."

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 15:45 - Apr 12 with 801 viewsdaveB

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 13:07 - Apr 12 by pafcprogs

i'm sure you are the same and as long as you stay up not overly bothered who goes down but if we can get over the line I hope you do as well.

Always enjoyed the trips to Plymouth and would be great to do it again next year, in this league obviously
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 16:15 - Apr 12 with 735 viewsParkRoyalR

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 15:07 - Apr 12 by daveB

Are any of our forwards suited to a possession style? Not as if Dykes is any better at it than the other 2.

I think I'm better than Frey on what I've seen to date,

Never thought I'd say it but Frey v Birmingham was as bad as Austin at Peterborough and Mark Hateley at Highbury.

Steve Clarke picks him for this reason ahead of two better footballers who are levels above Frey + Armstrong.
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 16:43 - Apr 12 with 668 viewspafcprogs

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 15:31 - Apr 12 by OldPedro

Just read your summary and particularly liked this bit:

"In swung the corner, and Begovic, doing a passable impression of Beaker from the Muppets on the end of a Bunsen Honeydew experiment, came, flapped and if he got any touch at all, only succeeded in guiding the ball onto the knees of the second least popular player in the Rangers squad."

Yeah! Beaker was my favourite muppet :)

And Begovic by association fitted the bill. I was impressed the the sheer variety of memes posted on your site to express how you felt about his cross claiming!

I always come and read LFW as frankly it is some of the best football writing there is.....visceral, savage and very very funny.

Goos luck at Hull...in my opinion you are safe now even though you have tough games.......not sure about us yet....think Stoke might be a horrible day and we suck at Millwall ( apart from 1967!)

Till next time.

Peter
Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 16:45 - Apr 12 with 657 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Faint hope, same failings, familiar faces - report on 16:43 - Apr 12 by pafcprogs

Yeah! Beaker was my favourite muppet :)

And Begovic by association fitted the bill. I was impressed the the sheer variety of memes posted on your site to express how you felt about his cross claiming!

I always come and read LFW as frankly it is some of the best football writing there is.....visceral, savage and very very funny.

Goos luck at Hull...in my opinion you are safe now even though you have tough games.......not sure about us yet....think Stoke might be a horrible day and we suck at Millwall ( apart from 1967!)

Till next time.

Peter

Best of luck, Peter. Hope we both stay up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024