Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites 11:24 - Apr 17 with 26867 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

(My record is won 1, drawn 1. So unbeaten, 😀 but regardless who starts the post, it’s the players who have to get us out the trenches and to D (Delivery) Day) - yes, double brackets in that sentence.

War is bad-and there is too much happening of it in the world. But I thought will use the fighting for survival analogy for what we need to do vs PNE.

My grandad fought in North Africa, my favourite set of books are Spike Milligan’s war memoirs (hence the title of the post), war comics and army sets were part of my childhood growing up in the 70’s, Sir Laurence Olivier's unique narrative voice of the World at War still poignant from when I first heard it when watching with my dad on black and white TV.

I’m not a war fanatic. Much better things in life.

But let’s get stuck in, let’s dig deep-We shall never surrender to any relegation threat! - even if we think Preston are on the beach already. Let’s see a bright light in our 3rd last game. Let us see peace in the world. Get stuck in Hoops.

QPR 2 PNE 1 (Chair and Armstrong)
[Post edited 17 Apr 11:26]

DonnieR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:57 - Apr 20 with 2271 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

The PNE keeper must have bet heavily on a loss of his own team
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:57 - Apr 20 with 2271 viewsGaryT

That's Dykes second attempt at a shot from distcance. Not good enough.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:58 - Apr 20 with 2229 viewsBluce_Ree

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:56 - Apr 20 by CiderwithRsie

It appears that what people will actually do is to use a cock-up by the PNE keeper to make digs at Begovic in a game that he's kept us in.

I will beat any man who criticises Begovic this half in front of his woman.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:00 - Apr 20 with 2127 viewsBluce_Ree

For a team from the gritty North West of England, these Preston players are some right pussies.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:03 - Apr 20 with 2029 viewsDorse

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:58 - Apr 20 by Bluce_Ree

I will beat any man who criticises Begovic this half in front of his woman.

I'm not sure where you're going to find Begovic's woman, but OK.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:03 - Apr 20 with 2014 viewsBluce_Ree

I've had this crazy idea. It's us battling to the final whistle and not poncing about for the last five minutes. The fk is this bullshit? Even the crowd has gone dead.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:05 - Apr 20 with 1925 viewsToast_R

Well, apart from their big fcuk up we still havnt scored really have we?
That second goal was begging to be scored but we didn't do it. Big half now, got to come out the traps second half looking to kill this off otherwise, disaster looms.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:05 - Apr 20 with 1904 viewspaulparker

The atmosphere is coming across as dead as 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon
It’s like a 12pm kick off
Really poor

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:06 - Apr 20 with 1870 viewshoops_legend

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:05 - Apr 20 by paulparker

The atmosphere is coming across as dead as 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon
It’s like a 12pm kick off
Really poor

Can we stop the match there please :)
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:07 - Apr 20 with 1821 viewsTomS

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:30 - Apr 20 by R_from_afar

Wonder save from Begovic

Miss-Millar, no, we will not let you score
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:07 - Apr 20 with 1783 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:31 - Apr 20 by DylanP

unbelievable save from Begovic from point blank range
[Post edited 20 Apr 17:32]

Decent save, but also one you'd expect him to make - pretty much straight at him, good height etc. A definite 'phew' moment, though.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:07 - Apr 20 with 1804 viewsperpignanR

Seems an even game thus far?
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:07 - Apr 20 with 1802 viewsDorse

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:03 - Apr 20 by Bluce_Ree

I've had this crazy idea. It's us battling to the final whistle and not poncing about for the last five minutes. The fk is this bullshit? Even the crowd has gone dead.

They've all been holding onto a piss since Begovic saved from Miller in the 13th minute. The bogs resemble Noah's view from the quarter deck.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:13 - Apr 20 with 1571 viewsVancouverHoop

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:07 - Apr 20 by perpignanR

Seems an even game thus far?

I think we have the edge, but not by a lot.

If we could somehow get a second goal it would probably kill the game off.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:17 - Apr 20 with 1419 viewsstainrods_elbow

Some might find it a touch rich coming from yours truly, but I'm surprised at some of the moaning and groaning on here. For me, that was a nervy and fraught half at times, but it was also gritty, resilient, hard-working, at times creative, and should have seen us 2-0 up at least. Willock is back, Dykes (despite his miss and general inadequacy) has been pivotal at both ends, and Colback has been industrious and interventionist. Only Paal for me has been off it. They've basically had one chance, which Begs stood up well to and did his job with, and look brittle and get-at-able, with a keeper who looks unbelievably wobbly.

A 0-0 second half sees us just about over the line after today's results with 50pts, and I think we'll get it at a minimum, though I fancy us to get one more.
[Post edited 20 Apr 18:18]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:24 - Apr 20 with 1253 viewsDylanP

Great ball across goal from Willock. Nobody can put the finishing touch on it

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:26 - Apr 20 with 1193 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I think we are on top and looking way more dangerous but have to grab that second goal to calm the nerves
Dykes got a gift and took it fair play but on that breakaway he showed his true colors ,loads of time just take it on and slide it home but not happening of course
We CAN win this
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:26 - Apr 20 with 1180 viewsGloucs_R

Where is Frey??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:28 - Apr 20 with 1131 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Afternoon, was on a course, missed the first half.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:29 - Apr 20 with 1089 viewsDylanP

Ball bouncing around in the box. Cook flashes it wide

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:29 - Apr 20 with 1087 viewsToast_R

All these missed chances are going to haunt us arnt they?
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:29 - Apr 20 with 1076 viewsVancouverHoop

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:26 - Apr 20 by Gloucs_R

Where is Frey??

Injured
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:30 - Apr 20 with 1056 viewsGloucs_R

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:29 - Apr 20 by VancouverHoop

Injured

Do you know how long for? Getting frustrated with Dykes.

We need to take our chances.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:31 - Apr 20 with 1020 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:29 - Apr 20 by Toast_R

I was thinking that

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:31 - Apr 20 with 992 viewsDamo1962

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:29 - Apr 20 by Toast_R

Please not😲
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024