Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lids v Boro 19:28 - Apr 22 with 7078 viewsTonto

Who do we support?

Or are we just hoping that Boro maim half the Lids team

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Lids v Boro on 08:34 - Apr 23 with 1931 viewsPdog

Lids v Boro on 03:17 - Apr 23 by rbee

We could certainly start in that shape to contain Leeds, perhaps start with Armstrong and Smyth to make us strong on the counter.

Until Armstrong learns how to hold the ball, i fear it would be coming straight back down our throat as we'd just be giving it back to them, with a potential 1 in 4 mazy run that wins a corner.

Maybe I'm being harsh but looking at Lathe last night for Boro shows the difference; Big, strong, decent touch and an eye for goal.. they do exist.
Lids v Boro on 08:49 - Apr 23 with 1842 viewsLanhoop

Lids v Boro on 08:34 - Apr 23 by Pdog

Until Armstrong learns how to hold the ball, i fear it would be coming straight back down our throat as we'd just be giving it back to them, with a potential 1 in 4 mazy run that wins a corner.

Maybe I'm being harsh but looking at Lathe last night for Boro shows the difference; Big, strong, decent touch and an eye for goal.. they do exist.

Indications are that Lath cost Boro around 5 million euros. That's the difference.
Lids v Boro on 09:32 - Apr 23 with 1738 viewsPdog

Lids v Boro on 08:49 - Apr 23 by Lanhoop

Indications are that Lath cost Boro around 5 million euros. That's the difference.

Yeah that's a fair whack, though Prior to his breakout season with St Gallen last yr he was mostly playing on loan in Serie C with average returns. Suppose that's where decent scouting comes in to spot potential early.
Lids v Boro on 09:41 - Apr 23 with 1689 viewsTheChef

An Ainsworth defensive masterclass will be required

Need to try and avoid what happened at Hull. Need some pace to keep them occupied/keep up with them so I'd be tempted to start Cannon and Smyth.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lids v Boro on 09:54 - Apr 23 with 1638 viewsterryb

I'm fairly sure that we will defend a lot better than Middlesbrough did last night!

The Hayden, Field, Colback midfield trio looks the right selection to me, but I wouldn't have a clue who would be the best bet at left back. As Leeds won't be going aerial, I suspect that Fox would be caught out for pace by Gnonto, but Paal would need to improve his defensive positioning a lot from recently. IF he would sit five yards deeper Paal would be my man, but will he?

The last thing IMO that we should do is revert to playing Armstrong & knocking all balls into the channels for him to chase. Leeds would love us to do that & would give them continual pocession.
Lids v Boro on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 1508 viewsdmm

The trouble with playing 3 defensive CMs is it would make it even more difficult for us to score a goal, and I think we'll need to score if we're to get anything out of the game. We showed against Leicester away we can defend very well playing in our usual 4231 formation.
Lids v Boro on 10:59 - Apr 23 with 1406 viewsWatford_Ranger

Lids v Boro on 10:35 - Apr 23 by dmm

The trouble with playing 3 defensive CMs is it would make it even more difficult for us to score a goal, and I think we'll need to score if we're to get anything out of the game. We showed against Leicester away we can defend very well playing in our usual 4231 formation.

Not been paying much attention to the top of the league but that Leeds squad is insane. Complete failure if they don’t go up with Summerville, Gnonto, Rutter, Bamford, Piroe, Anthony and Dan James as your attacking options. Ampadu and Rodon at the back. Gray in midfield they reckon will be a top player. Meslier in goal. It’s an obscene squad.

Hope Ipswich do them.
Lids v Boro on 12:55 - Apr 23 with 1229 viewskingsburyR

Go at them I say.

Last game at home this season I WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Lids v Boro on 13:00 - Apr 23 with 1193 viewsNed_Kennedys

Lids v Boro on 10:35 - Apr 23 by dmm

I’d agree: we are at home and setting up defensively just doesn’t sit well with me.
Leeds aren’t world beaters (despite what their tw4t fans believe): I’d play the same team as against Preston with Armstrong and Smyth to come on later in game.
Lids v Boro on 13:11 - Apr 23 with 1126 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lids v Boro on 08:34 - Apr 23 by Pdog

For some strange reason Armstrong seems to have slipped back in his performances and his decision making is beyond bizzare .In the last 2 apperances he has managed to turn clean breakaways into throws for the opposition with wild crosses that add up to him looking stupid .
Its pretty simple ,shoot ,pass or cross to someone on our team not wildly blaze the ball across the box and out of play.
There is no way Marti is trusting him Friday unless the game is safe IMO
Lids v Boro on 16:40 - Apr 23 with 926 viewsellersliehoop

Lids v Boro on 09:54 - Apr 23 by terryb

I'm fairly sure that we will defend a lot better than Middlesbrough did last night!

The Hayden, Field, Colback midfield trio looks the right selection to me, but I wouldn't have a clue who would be the best bet at left back. As Leeds won't be going aerial, I suspect that Fox would be caught out for pace by Gnonto, but Paal would need to improve his defensive positioning a lot from recently. IF he would sit five yards deeper Paal would be my man, but will he?

The last thing IMO that we should do is revert to playing Armstrong & knocking all balls into the channels for him to chase. Leeds would love us to do that & would give them continual pocession.

Is this a game for Cannon instead of Dunne?
Lids v Boro on 09:51 - Apr 24 with 633 viewsterryb

Lids v Boro on 16:40 - Apr 23 by ellersliehoop

Is this a game for Cannon instead of Dunne?

It possibly is, but Dunne wouldn't deserve to be left out of the side. Can Cannon play at left back?

Gnonto & Summerville are the biggest threats & how we handle this pair might have a major effect on the game.
Lids v Boro on 21:04 - Apr 24 with 488 viewsOldPedro

Lids v Boro on 09:51 - Apr 24 by terryb

It possibly is, but Dunne wouldn't deserve to be left out of the side. Can Cannon play at left back?

Gnonto & Summerville are the biggest threats & how we handle this pair might have a major effect on the game.

Would Cannon in front of Dunne work maybe?
[Post edited 24 Apr 21:04]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Lids v Boro on 21:18 - Apr 24 with 420 viewsWatford_Ranger

Lids v Boro on 21:04 - Apr 24 by OldPedro

Would Cannon in front of Dunne work maybe?
[Post edited 24 Apr 21:04]

If we were going to ‘double up’ surely just play Smyth. Cannon is crap anyway. Think Leicester away is the template but Leeds’ attack is better and less predictable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024