Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis 17:53 - May 2 with 2722 viewsNorthernr

QPR ARE GOOD AT ATTACKING SET PIECES.
Kif, inform the men.

Dan's final analysis piece from this season.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62433/i-hear-you%E
I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 18:49 - May 2 with 2491 viewsHAYESBOY

Its not the set pieces his after.................its the strikers.

Smells like a trout farm in here

I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 18:56 - May 2 with 2453 viewsstevec

Quite why we thought playing tiny tots football season after season was a good idea is beyond me.
I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 20:29 - May 2 with 2205 viewsOakR

Dunne wins the first header...and repeat! Absolutely pivotal having him in at right back, without him much of this simply doesn't happen.

It's amazing to see we have finally managed to coach set pieces into our game!

Poll: Will we stay up?

I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 21:59 - May 2 with 2005 viewsOldPedro

Thanks Dan, great analysis

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 22:09 - May 2 with 1979 viewsqueensparker

As an adjunct to this, the out ball to Dunne at advanced right back which he wins about 90% of the time only works if your keeper can do it. Begovic is very good at it, Seny for example was not
I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 01:45 - May 3 with 1693 viewsQuillPenRiot

I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 22:09 - May 2 by queensparker

As an adjunct to this, the out ball to Dunne at advanced right back which he wins about 90% of the time only works if your keeper can do it. Begovic is very good at it, Seny for example was not

Maybe we should start another begovic thread…he is good at that

This analysis is very much appreciated, I love how Sam Field has started to score goals because of the improved set pieces, Cook too. Really involves the whole team and I think brings a balanced team mindset if the forwards aren’t the only ones scoring, maybe some humility too
[Post edited 3 May 1:46]
I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 07:36 - May 3 with 1476 viewsdmm

I love this kind of analysis and Dan does it so well. Big thanks to Dan.

What stood out to me was just how much Chair has improved at taking set pieces. Most of the goals analysed came off his corners and free kicks.
I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 08:25 - May 3 with 1406 viewsEastR

Another excellent article Dan, really highlights how simple but effective tactics can deliver good results. Opposition coaches would do well to lurk around LFW and save themselves some bother. Let's hope not!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 10:16 - May 3 with 1215 viewsdm97

Dunne the lynchpin clearly, but so good to see Field being a genuine goal threat. So many of us, none more than Clive, have been calling for Field to improve in oppo box and feels like this season has been a real watershed for him. So glad he’s extended, if he can get another 5-8 goals from CM next season he is suddenly a real asset at this level - goals + always fit, defensively excellent would certainly see interest especially if the new tv money restores the 3-6m player sales bracket that really screwed us over post Covid.
I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 12:53 - May 3 with 952 viewsAntti_Heinola

I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 22:09 - May 2 by queensparker

Begovic is quite good at that ball, but Seny's passing was superior - the strongest part of his game, I'd argue, and one (along with his quickness from his line) where he is a more effective keeper than Begovic.

Bare bones.

I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 13:32 - May 3 with 840 viewsAntti_Heinola

Great analysis from Dan.
I've said for some time that simply blaming the set piece taker was only half the issue. The idea that literally ever ball we threw in the box was a poor one defies logic (although there were plenty of poor ones!). I argued that we also were not attacking balls effectively, and that has changed hugely. Great analysis that shows it's not just about, as Hinchlcliffe would likely say, 'putting it in an area' - it's about who attacks and when, positioning and preparing for second phases. The highlighting of Field's role, probably under the radar compared to Dunne, was particularly interesting I thought.
A while back, Beale was ridiculed for saying Field could be more of an 8 than a 6. Seems less fanciful now.

Bare bones.

I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis on 15:41 - May 3 with 642 viewsLazyFan

Dunne can head the ball, dribble a little, just a little, shoot from range.
hmmm he can play more positions that CD you say ... hmmm

Should we move Dunnaldo up front? :P

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024