Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 57895 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

Poll: what is more Exciting

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:12 - May 30 with 3692 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:57 - May 30 by KeithHaynes

Knebworth 79 confirmed to me the future wasn’t with old men.

And then before you knew it......

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:55 - May 30 with 3572 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:12 - May 30 by max936

And then before you knew it......

The younger generation saw the truth and still turn up in huge numbers 😜😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:44 - May 31 with 3357 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:57 - May 30 by KeithHaynes

Knebworth 79 confirmed to me the future wasn’t with old men.

Nothing the matter with old men.
Old men are still packing stadia world wide . That is because they have an impressive oeuvre and know how to perform .
I can’t think of any young band I’d pay to see though The Now are good

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:27 - May 31 with 3285 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:40 - May 30 by max936

I was at Knebworth around that time, went to see Genesis who were fabulous, I fought my way to near the front as well

I've always fancied the idea of going to Glastonbury, but that ship as long since sailed, couldn't be doing with all those crowds, no got the patience now at my age.

Wasn't Reading the go to festival at the time? Managed to go to Monsters of Rock at Donnington 1980-1982, Rainbow, AC/DC and Status Quo were the headliners in year order but they were one day events, never got round to anything longer.

I am loathed to pay the stupid prices to see the likes of the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Genesis now they have seem to be taking the proverbial, just went to Cardiff to see the Black Keys and really enjoyed at less than a third of the price also standing so could get as close as I wanted.

Caught Genesis live on the Mama tour and enjoyed but they did stupid pop covers songs as encores which tainted it a bit but they were excellent, It is worth seeing Steve Hacket if you get the chance, seen him three times which were recently, him and his band were great well worth the money.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:14 - May 31 with 3181 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:44 - May 31 by onehunglow

Nothing the matter with old men.
Old men are still packing stadia world wide . That is because they have an impressive oeuvre and know how to perform .
I can’t think of any young band I’d pay to see though The Now are good

I was 16 then 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:16 - May 31 with 3082 viewsReslovenSwan1

Rumours what an album that was.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:33 - May 31 with 2825 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:14 - May 31 by KeithHaynes

I was 16 then 😂

I was only 18 myself mun and I look younger than you
[Post edited 31 May 21:34]

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:57 - Jun 1 with 2713 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:33 - May 31 by max936

I was only 18 myself mun and I look younger than you
[Post edited 31 May 21:34]

17 in 79, the totally shaven look apparently now makes me appear younger than the old git with grey hair look .
Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:52 - Jun 1 with 2603 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:46 - May 30 by max936

They still have festivals though, perhaps on the anniversary of his death of maybe his birth, I would have seen Brother-inlaw on Sunday at the Briton Ferry Festival, but I wasn't well so didn't go, Mrs went though.

Sunday at Ferryfest was very family oriented in the day went with the family and Grandson didn't stay late as it looked as if the weather was turning and after an early can needed an afternoon kip, doesn't take much these days.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:58 - Jun 1 with 2598 viewsjackrmee

Any summer transfer rumours?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:02 - Jun 1 with 2591 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:17 - Jun 1 with 2585 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:02 - Jun 1 by theloneranger

Even if Woods goes I think a back four of Key, Dalling, Cabango and Tymon is decent. We should be developing our own for cover, plus there is Naughton for experience.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:52 - Jun 1 with 2553 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:17 - Jun 1 by Whiterockin

Even if Woods goes I think a back four of Key, Dalling, Cabango and Tymon is decent. We should be developing our own for cover, plus there is Naughton for experience.

Think we would need cover if Wood goes and if someone gets injured but do we really need a loan in the back four that as cover would surely spend most of his time on the sidelines, think it is really the time to develop our own with first team game time
And/Or
buy youngish players who have been released by the bigger clubs to fill some of the gaps we have elsewhere on the pitch.
If Humphreys became available and we could afford him I'd have him back.
[Post edited 1 Jun 9:57]
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:05 - Jun 1 with 2544 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:17 - Jun 1 by Whiterockin

Lissah, Azeem and Naughton decent cover. I’d like to keep Nathan T-J-O as well, but has he left already?
Maybe take a chance on a young CB, such as we did with Wood.

Pointless on using one of our loans in this position imo.
Who knows if a young Gilchrist, or other young players with no attachment to our club, such as Bashir, can play better than any other youngster who comes to the club.
At least if they are our player, they will hopefully have more reason to put their life on the line.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:10 - Jun 1 with 2529 viewsWhiterockin

Totally agree with both of the above posts.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:45 - Jun 1 with 2466 viewsRichardO

Think with Key and Tymon they offer us options similar to Manning being able to play further up the park on the flanks if needed , the youngsters mentioned also seem to give us options on the flanks, hopefully Parker and Ginelly providing fitness prevails can become permanent fixtures.
For me the middle of the park is the biggest issue with regards player qualities that aren't being utilised properly with not enough cover, really think we need a look to the future, not the past, by all means use what we have but we need someone different because we look very fragile when teams become intent on putting pressure on us.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:59 - Jun 1 with 2460 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:52 - Jun 1 by RichardO

Sunday at Ferryfest was very family oriented in the day went with the family and Grandson didn't stay late as it looked as if the weather was turning and after an early can needed an afternoon kip, doesn't take much these days.

Mrs was in the first two comeback parades, but didn't participate this year she was in the Page Boys for years and years as a young filly

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:35 - Jun 1 with 2295 viewsReslovenSwan1

I like to think the new improved recruitment and scouting system is not focussing on players who would laugh at the prospect of signing for Swansea permanently.

Even modest talents like Ashby and Bashir Humphreys see themselves well above Swansea level. I do not like this type of thinking. Too good for Swansea but not good enough to actually play Championship football. What is the use of that?

Overpriced and undercooked. At least Gilchrist has 11 Premier league games under his belt. If Swansea are willing to blood loans and see them struggle why not Nathan NTAO.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:29 - Jun 2 with 2056 viewsdonkonky

Don’t know if the link works but ‘ Exeter City defender Zak Jules .
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:36 - Jun 2 with 1859 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:29 - Jun 2 by donkonky

Don’t know if the link works but ‘ Exeter City defender Zak Jules .

Josh Key link 🤔.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:35 - Jun 2 with 1825 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62513/swansea-city-zak-j

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:06 - Jun 3 with 1562 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:35 - Jun 2 by RhonddaSwans

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62513/swansea-city-zak-j

Seems like a decent sub for the boys.
Cheap. Ticks a lot of boxes. A bit old for the model, but did I say cheap?

I’d prefer a youngster, but this guy could help.

Why are our CB possibilities in total, if Ben or Darling are out?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:57 - Jun 3 with 1472 viewsAnotherJohn

Re Jules, I'm not sure what the one-year contract option will mean or even if this is a worthwhile transfer. If the Swans want to go ahead, I might be tempted to offer to pay Cullen's salary for a one season loan in return for a very low fee on Jules. Cullen could do with experience at L1 level and Exeter need another striker.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:42 - Jun 3 with 1392 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:57 - Jun 3 by AnotherJohn

Re Jules, I'm not sure what the one-year contract option will mean or even if this is a worthwhile transfer. If the Swans want to go ahead, I might be tempted to offer to pay Cullen's salary for a one season loan in return for a very low fee on Jules. Cullen could do with experience at L1 level and Exeter need another striker.

If its not to another Championship club Cullen will sit on his contract for the remaining 12 months. But don't be surprised to see Blackburn come back in for him.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:11 - Jun 3 with 1113 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:42 - Jun 3 by Whiterockin

If its not to another Championship club Cullen will sit on his contract for the remaining 12 months. But don't be surprised to see Blackburn come back in for him.

I hope he's been on the brave pills and learning to head the ball in this off season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024