Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 61558 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

Poll: what is more Exciting

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:32 - Jun 3 with 2419 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:42 - Jun 3 by Whiterockin

If its not to another Championship club Cullen will sit on his contract for the remaining 12 months. But don't be surprised to see Blackburn come back in for him.

He’s just what they need in league one, could be the making of him but as for Wales recognition.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:50 - Jun 3 with 2225 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:32 - Jun 3 by KeithHaynes

He’s just what they need in league one, could be the making of him but as for Wales recognition.

In my opinion it is time to move Cullen on. He is regressing. Swansea seems committed to mediocrity.

Watson is now in place and if he cannot find players better than Cullen in Europe and beyond he may as well pack it in.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:52 - Jun 3 with 2227 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:11 - Jun 3 by max936

I hope he's been on the brave pills and learning to head the ball in this off season

A few goals for wales will do our lad the world of good

Poll: what is more Exciting

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:54 - Jun 3 with 2142 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:50 - Jun 3 by ReslovenSwan1

In my opinion it is time to move Cullen on. He is regressing. Swansea seems committed to mediocrity.

Watson is now in place and if he cannot find players better than Cullen in Europe and beyond he may as well pack it in.

Is it a case of players being brought down to a standard that the more experienced player can cope with and look good in a team while others are then targeted as being not good enough as they try and make up for the experienced players deficiencies and then cast aside very quickly because those experienced players aren't commanding enough to help them, eventually restricting the progression of new or younger players.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:26 - Jun 4 with 2014 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:50 - Jun 3 by ReslovenSwan1

I don’t think he is regresssing. Helped immensely last season when we didn’t have a striker capable of doing anything.

For the cost, he is a very valuable squad member.
Will he ever be our number 1 striker, probably not, but will we find a more committed player who cares more about his club, at such a good price/wage? Definitely not imo

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:53 - Jun 4 with 1998 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:26 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

I don’t think he is regresssing. Helped immensely last season when we didn’t have a striker capable of doing anything.

Will he ever be our number 1 striker, probably not, but will we find a more committed player who cares more about his club, at such a good price/wage? Definitely not imo

I didn't think he regressed either think he is learning all the time, his natural strikers instinct hasn't been helped by the constant changes in position and team selection, having a settled team that starts gelling can win games and small changes which help to change the course in a game but without that settled team a load of players can look sub standard, especially forwards if delivery and support is poor.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:02 - Jun 4 with 1981 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:53 - Jun 4 by RichardO

I didn't think he regressed either think he is learning all the time, his natural strikers instinct hasn't been helped by the constant changes in position and team selection, having a settled team that starts gelling can win games and small changes which help to change the course in a game but without that settled team a load of players can look sub standard, especially forwards if delivery and support is poor.

Yes, but even if Cullen had the best support, I still don’t think he’s good enough to become our clear out and out, best number 9.
We definitely need to speculate a bit in the striker position, as it’s so important.
That player needs to either be a natural goal scorer, or a solid target man who can hold up and bring others into play.

I don’t think Culls can do that consistently.
Maybe he can in future, but even if he cannot be our number 1, that doesn’t mean that we need to get rid of him.

I’m not a believer that when one of our academy prospects reaches 22 or 23, yet hasn’t managed to become a first team regular, they must move on.
If a player loves the club and gives 100% and is a decent squad player, who can also help back stage in some way, we should do all we can to keep them happy and keep them as a player.
Especially when they are on low wages and doesn’t want to leave.

First team player doesn’t mean they have to be playing every week.
Look at Fulton. If he were on low wages like Cullen, I would advocate keeping him for the remainder of his career. He’s been a great squad member and servant.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:13 - Jun 4 with 1930 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:53 - Jun 4 by RichardO

Cullen IMO is not a play alone up front number 9 he needs to play in a two up front to reap the benefits. Yates for me is the same but Cullen does much more work and is more versatile. Neither really fit our shape and we are not going to change that to accommodate two up front. This is why we need an out and out number 9 desperately. Cullen is versatile and cheap enough to be a squad player, even with a slight wage increase. This is why I say keep Cullen and get rid of Yates.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:26 - Jun 4 with 1918 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:02 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

Yes, but even if Cullen had the best support, I still don’t think he’s good enough to become our clear out and out, best number 9.
We definitely need to speculate a bit in the striker position, as it’s so important.
That player needs to either be a natural goal scorer, or a solid target man who can hold up and bring others into play.

I don’t think Culls can do that consistently.
Maybe he can in future, but even if he cannot be our number 1, that doesn’t mean that we need to get rid of him.

I’m not a believer that when one of our academy prospects reaches 22 or 23, yet hasn’t managed to become a first team regular, they must move on.
If a player loves the club and gives 100% and is a decent squad player, who can also help back stage in some way, we should do all we can to keep them happy and keep them as a player.
Especially when they are on low wages and doesn’t want to leave.

First team player doesn’t mean they have to be playing every week.
Look at Fulton. If he were on low wages like Cullen, I would advocate keeping him for the remainder of his career. He’s been a great squad member and servant.

Definitely not our main striker up top when playing a solo number nine and yet we are putting high balls into crowded boxes with very little presence in that box.
We have seen the likes of Parker, Congreve Abdulai, Lissah and Obegeta have good impact on games and yet some have been sparsely used or even let go, hoping that Williams sees the need to inject some forward impetus in the team which only youth can bring fine line to know how and when to introduce youth prospects, if they seem to be learning sometimes they need to be given time in a first team environment at the higher championship level.
[Post edited 4 Jun 11:58]
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:45 - Jun 4 with 1725 viewsReslovenSwan1

Sorba for under a Million. Speed strength and an excellent set piece. No brainer

https://the72.co.uk/2024/06/03/huddersfield-town-could-sell-sorba-thomas-this-su

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:14 - Jun 4 with 1708 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:26 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

Spot on, Jackmee.

If Liam reads this forum I hope he doesn't take any notice of a forum nobody who constantly criticises him.
[Post edited 4 Jun 16:16]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:17 - Jun 4 with 1695 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:13 - Jun 4 by Whiterockin

Cullen IMO is not a play alone up front number 9 he needs to play in a two up front to reap the benefits. Yates for me is the same but Cullen does much more work and is more versatile. Neither really fit our shape and we are not going to change that to accommodate two up front. This is why we need an out and out number 9 desperately. Cullen is versatile and cheap enough to be a squad player, even with a slight wage increase. This is why I say keep Cullen and get rid of Yates.

Agreed!

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:36 - Jun 4 with 1612 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:14 - Jun 4 by max936

Spot on, Jackmee.

If Liam reads this forum I hope he doesn't take any notice of a forum nobody who constantly criticises him.
[Post edited 4 Jun 16:16]

Well stop doing it then.

Cullen is mediocrity and cheap. Welcome to Swansea 2024 he fits in perfectly.

He should have be sent to league two to score goals. At Lincoln in league 1 he did very little 20 games 1 goal.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:42 - Jun 4 with 1593 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:45 - Jun 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Sorba for under a Million. Speed strength and an excellent set piece. No brainer

https://the72.co.uk/2024/06/03/huddersfield-town-could-sell-sorba-thomas-this-su

Why do I get the feeling he is the sort of player that will end up with them up t’road?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:13 - Jun 4 with 1564 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:36 - Jun 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Well stop doing it then.

He should have be sent to league two to score goals. At Lincoln in league 1 he did very little 20 games 1 goal.

Aye welcome to the 2024 swansea, all down to your mates.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:27 - Jun 4 with 1536 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:36 - Jun 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Well stop doing it then.

What!

Just take your ill thought out opinions elsewhere, you slag off fans and have obsessions about various things and individual players, Cullen is your latest obsession.

LAUGHABLE!

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:41 - Jun 4 with 1512 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:27 - Jun 4 by max936

What!

Just take your ill thought out opinions elsewhere, you slag off fans and have obsessions about various things and individual players, Cullen is your latest obsession.

LAUGHABLE!

Kindly no. Cullen has not progressed because he is a bit part squad player. He, like the club appear keen to just 'tick along'. He is at the club because he is easy to manage and a good pro and has a transfer value.

If he is rated by the club to come on strong send him to league 2 and prove it. Give him a one year deal with a one year option and send him to Newport.

The culture of just doing barely enough does not wash.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:31 - Jun 4 with 1326 viewsDJack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:45 - Jun 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Fck NO!

Sorry, I do not rate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:31 - Jun 4 with 1325 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:31 - Jun 4 by DJack

Fck NO!

Sorry, I do not rate.

Feck yes I do 😉👌
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:41 - Jun 4 with 1318 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:31 - Jun 4 by DJack

Fck NO!

Sorry, I do not rate.

Absolutely not. League one.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:08 - Jun 5 with 1249 viewsDJack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:31 - Jun 4 by Fireboy2

Feck yes I do 😉👌

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:16 - Jun 5 with 1171 viewsAnotherJohn

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:41 - Jun 4 by KeithHaynes

Absolutely not. League one.

As I mentioned Cullen first, I should clarify that by saying I was not suggesting getting rid of the player, but rather a confidence-building - and some would say make-or-break - loan season in L1, where he might bag a lot more goals. I think Keith got my point, which is that Cullen might come back a much better player.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:25 - Jun 5 with 1169 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:16 - Jun 5 by AnotherJohn

As I mentioned Cullen first, I should clarify that by saying I was not suggesting getting rid of the player, but rather a confidence-building - and some would say make-or-break - loan season in L1, where he might bag a lot more goals. I think Keith got my point, which is that Cullen might come back a much better player.

Cullen enters the last year of his contract (the extension) next month, the club have refused to discuss an improved offer. If he reluctantly goes anywhere he is not coming back.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:59 - Jun 5 with 1134 viewsThornburyswan

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:25 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

Cullen enters the last year of his contract (the extension) next month, the club have refused to discuss an improved offer. If he reluctantly goes anywhere he is not coming back.

Agreed - this coming pre-season & the early months of the proper season will be key for LC to prove to LW & PW that he is a useful first team squad member & warrants a new improved contract.

Otherwise the club will be looking to exit him in January, ideally via a modest sale or out on a half season loan to cover his wages before he exits.

Suspect we would consider a sale this summer but as both Yates & Kuharevich probably are a more pressing exit in this window - both at a likely trading loss - that would only leave us Wilson up top and an even longer shopping list for PW.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:58 - Jun 5 with 1079 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:11 - Jun 3 by max936

I hope he's been on the brave pills and learning to head the ball in this off season

Odd mate isn’t it,a striker unable or unwilling to head a ball.
There again, it might be banned in the future

He’s a decent enough lad but hardly a must keep.

O don’t care anyway as the most vital thing is replacing Fish and dumping Yates on sonebody. I refuse to believe anyone will buy him for decent money nor even take him on loan .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024