Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 61589 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

Poll: what is more Exciting

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:58 - Jun 14 with 2954 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:51 - Jun 14 by jackrmee

I’m not saying break the bank for him, but I do think he deserves a fair pay rise and more than a 1 year, if that’s what they’re offering.

Up there with our most effective and important players.
Skilful, experienced, and even when not on his game, still contributes with goals and assists.

I agree, but money and Paterson are not a good mix. It affected him two years ago dramatically and went about the whole thing in the wrong way. He clearly will leave if he gets a better or longer deal.

That’s his situation. He has been offered a one year deal which the likes of Naughton etc jumped at when he was Paterson’s age. The fact he is stating to our club he wants time after the window opens (today) to have a look around I think is pretty poor. However, no decision by the end of this month and he is released.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:10 - Jun 14 with 2912 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:58 - Jun 14 by KeithHaynes

I agree, but money and Paterson are not a good mix. It affected him two years ago dramatically and went about the whole thing in the wrong way. He clearly will leave if he gets a better or longer deal.

That’s his situation. He has been offered a one year deal which the likes of Naughton etc jumped at when he was Paterson’s age. The fact he is stating to our club he wants time after the window opens (today) to have a look around I think is pretty poor. However, no decision by the end of this month and he is released.

Yeah I can see where you’re coming from, but he’s got no real connection to the club, so it’s natural to be more self centred about these things in that case.

I agree he went about things the wrong way last time, but being a bit naive and then a bit stroppy doesn’t make him a bad guy or someone who would intentionally harm them club (I know you didn’t say he’s that).

I agree he should take the 1 year, as that’s normal procedure at his age.
But if he thinks he’s worth more money than they’re offering, then that’s a different story.
He deserves to be up there with our highest paid imo. If he’s not, then he’s got the right to look elsewhere, especially as it’s likely close to his last decent contract.

Surely it’s common practice, not to reduce the wages of your best players?
He should at least get a small increase, in line with other staff/players, but also IMO another small boost due to his abilities and form.
Let’s be honest, take out that blip when he was stropping and he’s probably been by far and away our best performer who is still at the club.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:10 - Jun 14 with 2912 viewsFireboy2

Well if that's the case f@ck him.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:16 - Jun 14 with 2898 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:10 - Jun 14 by Fireboy2

It’s a bit like the Andy Robison situation when he wanted to see if Leeds got promoted via the play offs before signing a new contract. Huw told him wherever get off.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:17 - Jun 14 with 2896 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:10 - Jun 14 by Fireboy2

I agree with almost all you post mate, but not here.
Just because he wants a bit more money, doesn’t mean we should fk him off.

It’s fair to want more, yet he’s not stropping or being sly, he’s being totally honest and openly saying he wants to wait until he sees if others are willing to match his ideas.
He’s not closely linked to the club, so really doesn’t have any other ties, yet still would prefer to stay with us than move, as he’s stated this many times.

Our owners are known to be stinjy as hell, yet our players are at fault for wanting to negotiate 🤷‍♂️
He hasn’t said he’s not going to sign at the rates he was offered, just that he wants more time. Totally fair imo and I really hope we manage to convince him,

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:28 - Jun 14 with 2849 viewsWhiterockin

At the end of the month any player at the end of their contract receives no further income. It's amazing how this focuses the mind.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:30 - Jun 14 with 2837 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:17 - Jun 14 by jackrmee

It’s fair to want more, yet he’s not stropping or being sly, he’s being totally honest and openly saying he wants to wait until he sees if others are willing to match his ideas.
He’s not closely linked to the club, so really doesn’t have any other ties, yet still would prefer to stay with us than move, as he’s stated this many times.

Our owners are known to be stinjy as hell, yet our players are at fault for wanting to negotiate 🤷‍♂️
He hasn’t said he’s not going to sign at the rates he was offered, just that he wants more time. Totally fair imo and I really hope we manage to convince him,

I think he's our best player atm and I seriously do not want him to leave but It's the way he conducts himself when contract discussions come up that let's him down, I get that he's coming to the end of his playing career but to come out and basically say that 'thanks all the same but I will look elsewhere' doesn't do him any good, perhaps he should be a bit more civil about it and deal with it by saying nothing whilst looking elsewhere to try and get a better deal from the club.

On another matter, imo he's our best player and we offer him a 1 year deal, shows what our club are about eh 🤷
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:35 - Jun 14 with 2815 viewsThornburyswan

Not an issue for me from either side - Pato is 33 in December so this is probably his last decent, in football terms, contract so he’s obviously going to want a 2/3 year contract on what he/his agent see as top money. We on the other hand are trying to ‘manage’ our wage bill & so for a player his age with no obvious connection to the club a 12 month deal is clearly the better option.

So it’s now a game of poker to see who moves first - as long as we have contingencies in place a little time e.g. 2/3 weeks is just fine.
Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:58 - Jun 14 with 2780 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:35 - Jun 14 by Thornburyswan

Not an issue for me from either side - Pato is 33 in December so this is probably his last decent, in football terms, contract so he’s obviously going to want a 2/3 year contract on what he/his agent see as top money. We on the other hand are trying to ‘manage’ our wage bill & so for a player his age with no obvious connection to the club a 12 month deal is clearly the better option.

So it’s now a game of poker to see who moves first - as long as we have contingencies in place a little time e.g. 2/3 weeks is just fine.

Your last sentence is what worries me, we have a great championship midfielder who is playing well, hardly misses a game and we are playing poker with him.

I do hope that both parties come to an agreement soon, we don't want to be scratching around bargain basement, looking for a midfielder to replace him.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:18 - Jun 14 with 2468 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:58 - Jun 14 by Fireboy2

Your last sentence is what worries me, we have a great championship midfielder who is playing well, hardly misses a game and we are playing poker with him.

I do hope that both parties come to an agreement soon, we don't want to be scratching around bargain basement, looking for a midfielder to replace him.

Do you actually rate pato?
He is way to hot and cold for me.
After the refusing to play saga he should of been sacked.
He is fantastic in little bursts of form but way to inconsistent to push us towards the top 6.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:09 - Jun 14 with 2379 viewsnantywatcher

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:18 - Jun 14 by RhonddaSwans

Do you actually rate pato?
He is way to hot and cold for me.
After the refusing to play saga he should of been sacked.
He is fantastic in little bursts of form but way to inconsistent to push us towards the top 6.

Spot on. Our best player- what utter nonsense. He is capable of wonderful moments but by God he makes so many poor judgements during every game and quite often leaves the play having achieved the square route of.....
I would still love to see him in the all white next season, but our best that is just plain hilarious.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:56 - Jun 14 with 2340 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:09 - Jun 14 by nantywatcher

Spot on. Our best player- what utter nonsense. He is capable of wonderful moments but by God he makes so many poor judgements during every game and quite often leaves the play having achieved the square route of.....
I would still love to see him in the all white next season, but our best that is just plain hilarious.

Bloody hell I do wonder looking at some of your comments you actually watch our games.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:17 - Jun 14 with 2327 viewsRhonddaSwans

you are spot on mate.
I would rather see an academy player get a chance than pato the deva.
[Post edited 15 Jun 17:21]

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:00 - Jun 14 with 2272 viewsraynor94

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:17 - Jun 14 by jackrmee

Why are you saying he would prefer to stay with us? He's playing us, if he gets a better offer he's off, if not he'll stay.

He did exactly the same at Bristol City, he's a journey man who can be replaced.

I'd withdraw our offer immediately

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 01:31 - Jun 15 with 2115 viewsdobjack2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:00 - Jun 14 by raynor94

Why are you saying he would prefer to stay with us? He's playing us, if he gets a better offer he's off, if not he'll stay.

He did exactly the same at Bristol City, he's a journey man who can be replaced.

I'd withdraw our offer immediately

Players will kiss our badge one day and kiss somebody else's a week later if they are transferred.

It's a get what you can while you can sport. Those that make it to the top are set up to waste money and get ripped off. A Car is a means of transport and a watch is a watch. See the law of diminishing returns. Players on "as little" as £10 grand a week for 5 years can earn more than people on £30 grand a year can earn in 2 lifetimes.

If he gets a better offer and takes it up to him. He owes the club nothing and the club will dump him the second they think he can't perform in whatever division we are in.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:20 - Jun 15 with 1921 viewsonehunglow

If he was / is our best player then that shows just how far we have fallen .
A flaky individual with fleeting movements of ability .
A game changer? Not.
Team man? Hardly .
Can we do better.? Yeah baby
Watching him on TV is the same as being there in the flesh although his impressive tattoos aren’t as visible .
Get shot and replace

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:26 - Jun 15 with 1929 viewsRichardO

Time for him to be replaced the loss of Ntcham last year left us short of options in the attacking midfield, we need at least two new players in the middle, Paterson and Allen for the most part cannot be relied on to regularly complete 90 minutes, Fulton is also struggling towards ends of games especially in congested fixtures periods and should he now be in the starting eleven, has been used better coming on to use his defensive experience to shore up the defence and given his height in defensive situations. All three of use but will need replacing sooner rather than later, even Grimes, the spine of the team is not strong enough and gets bossed out of games
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:24 - Jun 15 with 1693 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:26 - Jun 15 by RichardO

Time for him to be replaced the loss of Ntcham last year left us short of options in the attacking midfield, we need at least two new players in the middle, Paterson and Allen for the most part cannot be relied on to regularly complete 90 minutes, Fulton is also struggling towards ends of games especially in congested fixtures periods and should he now be in the starting eleven, has been used better coming on to use his defensive experience to shore up the defence and given his height in defensive situations. All three of use but will need replacing sooner rather than later, even Grimes, the spine of the team is not strong enough and gets bossed out of games

Grimes is machine and by a long way our best midfielder.
With a class cam midfielder with Mattys passing range we would be scary as he double hockey sticks.
Knowing our luck though Russ will take him to the prem with him 😭.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:50 - Jun 15 with 1530 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:24 - Jun 15 by RhonddaSwans

With a class cam midfielder with Mattys passing range we would be scary as he double hockey sticks.

Can’t see it mate, however if he does we should cash in.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:04 - Jun 15 with 1470 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:24 - Jun 15 by RhonddaSwans

And yet he is in many ways our weakest midfielder defensively but ends a game deep in our half even though we may need to press on the get at least a point. We have seen a different player when encouraged to push forward or with good players alongside him so the focus isn't solely on him. Not quick enough against counter attacks or players with pace attacking him through the middle of the park, he needs help.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:35 - Jun 16 with 1277 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://thedeck.news/swansea-city-target-league-one-goalkeeper-after-missing-out

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:18 - Jun 16 with 1221 viewsJackDragon

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:35 - Jun 16 by RhonddaSwans

https://thedeck.news/swansea-city-target-league-one-goalkeeper-after-missing-out

Anything other than an initial 1yr with a 1yr option based on appearances would be lunacy.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:32 - Jun 16 with 1200 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:18 - Jun 16 by JackDragon

Anything other than an initial 1yr with a 1yr option based on appearances would be lunacy.

For some reason this doesn't feel like a transfer we would do.
There is no re sell fee unless the club have woke up and realised we need an experienced no1 to sort the defence out.

He had a bad season last year but the seasons before that were pretty good for him.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:14 - Jun 16 with 1172 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:18 - Jun 16 by JackDragon

Unless it was a straight swap for Fisher.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:29 - Jun 16 with 1075 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:14 - Jun 16 by Whiterockin

Unless it was a straight swap for Fisher.

No, we’d owe too much on a swap deal😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024