Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 61607 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

Poll: what is more Exciting

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:00 - Jun 8 with 4224 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:22 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Liam Cullen is 25 and not improving much if at all. Statistically he was worse last season than the season before. He has been in the system for 16 years.

Swansea City CoE and academy has a very poor record with strikers. No local lads at all.

Most of his defenders want to keep him because he is a 'trier' and 'cheap'. I put it to you with a top recruitment system there are better 'cheap triers' out there with potential and 19-22 yo.

Gyorkeres was raw battler with a development upside. Swansea chose the wrong horse. Josh Thomas scored more league one goals than Cullen. Kyrell Wilson is also a better prospect.

Iwan Morgan will be a star one day.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:46 - Jun 8 with 3935 viewsglanmORJa_k

Whether the contract was not attractive enough to tempt Iwan Morgan to sign a pro contract or there were other circumstances, I dare say if he had stayed he would have been in and around the first team last season.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:27 - Jun 9 with 3741 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:46 - Jun 8 by glanmORJa_k

Whether the contract was not attractive enough to tempt Iwan Morgan to sign a pro contract or there were other circumstances, I dare say if he had stayed he would have been in and around the first team last season.

Family pressure, not dissimilar to what Sam Parker is getting now IMO.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:55 - Jun 9 with 3617 viewsraynor94

Adama Sidibeh striker with St Johnstone being linked this morning a fee of around £500.000 being mentioned

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:58 - Jun 9 with 3603 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:55 - Jun 9 by raynor94

Adama Sidibeh striker with St Johnstone being linked this morning a fee of around £500.000 being mentioned

Looks like this could be possibly on.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12852822/swansea-city-transfer-adama-sidi

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:30 - Jun 9 with 3523 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:58 - Jun 9 by Whiterockin

Looks like this could be possibly on.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12852822/swansea-city-transfer-adama-sidi

“ English” club !
Yikes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:23 - Jun 9 with 3445 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:30 - Jun 9 by onehunglow

“ English” club !
Yikes

Stop it!😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:01 - Jun 9 with 3382 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62536/swansea-city-adama

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:40 - Jun 12 with 2380 viewsWhiterockin

There may be a U turn with Placheta.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:32 - Jun 12 with 2284 viewsnantywatcher

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:40 - Jun 12 by Whiterockin

There may be a U turn with Placheta.

Did no-one actually look at him when he played for us? Second rate player, I bet he cannot believe his luck (potentially.)
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:31 - Jun 12 with 2229 viewsFlashberryjack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:32 - Jun 12 by nantywatcher

Did no-one actually look at him when he played for us? Second rate player, I bet he cannot believe his luck (potentially.)

I thought he was OK, we have quite a few players on the books that are a hell of a lot worse than him in my humble opinion.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:20 - Jun 12 with 2177 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:31 - Jun 12 by Flashberryjack

I thought he was OK, we have quite a few players on the books that are a hell of a lot worse than him in my humble opinion.

He has electric pace but no final product based on his stats. I remember a player called Tony Morley back in the day. He just suddenly clicked and delivered a lot of goals for Villa.

Swansea have coaches who have to coach and improve players with assets like pace. He like many speedsters has soft tissue issues.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:51 - Jun 12 with 2138 viewsnantywatcher

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:20 - Jun 12 by ReslovenSwan1

He has electric pace but no final product based on his stats. I remember a player called Tony Morley back in the day. He just suddenly clicked and delivered a lot of goals for Villa.

Swansea have coaches who have to coach and improve players with assets like pace. He like many speedsters has soft tissue issues.

He could run fast in a straight line, beyond that he was fairly limited.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:33 - Jun 12 with 1961 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:51 - Jun 12 by nantywatcher

He could run fast in a straight line, beyond that he was fairly limited.

Wiki extract on Tony Morley.

"A skilful, nippy winger, Morley enjoyed the best days of his career at Villa Park. He was seen as a wayward genius but was moulded by manager Ron Saunders into one of the most dangerous players around."

Hard repetitive training and maybe Williams and team a can "mould" Platcheta.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:26 - Jun 12 with 1828 viewsbiggar

No way will Placheta improve to the required performance levels if we are to be a club with any sort of ambition. Has pace but purely in a straight line and massively limited technically. Lazy is he is on the books come next season.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:40 - Jun 13 with 1629 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Running very fast in a straight line is probably the sort of skill set we are looking for in a winger. Would much rather that than someone who stops, turns and passes it back to the centre half every time.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:14 - Jun 13 with 1499 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:40 - Jun 13 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Running very fast in a straight line is probably the sort of skill set we are looking for in a winger. Would much rather that than someone who stops, turns and passes it back to the centre half every time.

Very poor stats, I’m pretty sure it’s not a good move for the Swans.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:39 - Jun 13 with 1468 viewsraynor94

Williams giving Paterson till the end of the month to accept a new deal

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:06 - Jun 13 with 1442 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:39 - Jun 13 by raynor94

Williams giving Paterson till the end of the month to accept a new deal

Pato is all about the money.
After his contract saga he should never have played for us again.
He is hoping Coventry come calling.

Poll: what is more Exciting

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:09 - Jun 13 with 1375 viewssons_of_omri

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:20 - Jun 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Pace is enough to scare the hell out of opposition teams. It’s the menace we’ve lacked since Dan James left. With Ron on the right and Ginelly/Platcheta on the left we will pose a threat.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:51 - Jun 14 with 1048 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:06 - Jun 13 by RhonddaSwans

I’m not saying break the bank for him, but I do think he deserves a fair pay rise and more than a 1 year, if that’s what they’re offering.

Up there with our most effective and important players.
Skilful, experienced, and even when not on his game, still contributes with goals and assists.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:54 - Jun 14 with 960 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:06 - Jun 13 by RhonddaSwans

Patterson is 33 in December and has very little playing time left, his next contract could well be his last. I don't blame him for wanting the best deal he can get.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:18 - Jun 14 with 918 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:54 - Jun 14 by Whiterockin

Patterson is 33 in December and has very little playing time left, his next contract could well be his last. I don't blame him for wanting the best deal he can get.

And atm he's rarely injured, wish the same could be said for joey.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:29 - Jun 14 with 888 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:18 - Jun 14 by Fireboy2

And atm he's rarely injured, wish the same could be said for joey.

We never know exactly what is happening behind the scenes. Possibly he wants a 2 year contract and we are only offering one year, understandable at his age, but possibly a second year if he hits so many games. As I say we never know what is going on most of the time, but I believe the owners are trying to reduce the wage bill so players will need to accept a reduction in wages or move on.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:56 - Jun 14 with 840 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:29 - Jun 14 by Whiterockin

We never know exactly what is happening behind the scenes. Possibly he wants a 2 year contract and we are only offering one year, understandable at his age, but possibly a second year if he hits so many games. As I say we never know what is going on most of the time, but I believe the owners are trying to reduce the wage bill so players will need to accept a reduction in wages or move on.

Aye, but not all players need a reduction.
I’m not aware what Pato is on, but he’s consistently one of our stronger and most reliable performers, in multiple positions.

33 may be a bit of a push for a longer contract, but we definitely should not be reducing his wage surely?
Can’t blame him for leaving if that happenss

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024