Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 61582 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

Poll: what is more Exciting

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:21 - Jun 5 with 3281 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:25 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

Cullen enters the last year of his contract (the extension) next month, the club have refused to discuss an improved offer. If he reluctantly goes anywhere he is not coming back.

I tend to agree

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:43 - Jun 5 with 2960 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:21 - Jun 5 by jackrmee

I tend to agree

I suspect they have had talks but Cullen wants too much money compared to his output. Williams stated he would love to see him banging in loads of goals next season and earning what he is asking for.

He is a league 2 striker wanted Championship wages. Latibeaudiere wanted a big rise but Swansea did not think he was worth it.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:56 - Jun 5 with 2952 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:43 - Jun 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I suspect they have had talks but Cullen wants too much money compared to his output. Williams stated he would love to see him banging in loads of goals next season and earning what he is asking for.

He is a league 2 striker wanted Championship wages. Latibeaudiere wanted a big rise but Swansea did not think he was worth it.

Instead of "I suspect" shall we do facts.

Cullen is on £2,500 a week. His agent asked for a three year contract starting on £3,500 a week rising to £7,000 in year three and was prepared to negotiate. The club said they would not negotiate and implemented the 12 month extension. Cullen is not happy but staying thoroughly professional as always.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:09 - Jun 5 with 2856 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:58 - Jun 5 by onehunglow

Odd mate isn’t it,a striker unable or unwilling to head a ball.
There again, it might be banned in the future

He’s a decent enough lad but hardly a must keep.

O don’t care anyway as the most vital thing is replacing Fish and dumping Yates on sonebody. I refuse to believe anyone will buy him for decent money nor even take him on loan .

He's not afraid to head a ball, not one bit of it, its one posters opinion and as usual trying to pass it off as fact.

Not saying he's a must for us, but the way he's portrayed by the usual obsessive is laughable.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:45 - Jun 5 with 2795 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:59 - Jun 5 by Thornburyswan

Agreed - this coming pre-season & the early months of the proper season will be key for LC to prove to LW & PW that he is a useful first team squad member & warrants a new improved contract.

Otherwise the club will be looking to exit him in January, ideally via a modest sale or out on a half season loan to cover his wages before he exits.

Suspect we would consider a sale this summer but as both Yates & Kuharevich probably are a more pressing exit in this window - both at a likely trading loss - that would only leave us Wilson up top and an even longer shopping list for PW.

You’re probably right there tbh.
And it’s going to be more difficult for him to earn that contract if he’s playing second fiddle to Langstaff or whoever.
I hope we can keep him and he’s happy with a small pay rise and stay with the club he loves, albeit in a bit part role.
Suppose someone will offer him way more wages than the pittance we will offer him anyway. Damn shame.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:48 - Jun 5 with 2786 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:43 - Jun 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I doubt what he’s asking for is a championship wage. He deserves a bit of a pay rise mun. He’s one of our lowest paid players.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:51 - Jun 5 with 2781 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:56 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

Cullen is on £2,500 a week. His agent asked for a three year contract starting on £3,500 a week rising to £7,000 in year three and was prepared to negotiate. The club said they would not negotiate and implemented the 12 month extension. Cullen is not happy but staying thoroughly professional as always.

Well there we go…
I couldn’t have, and didn’t put it better 😂

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:59 - Jun 5 with 2768 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:48 - Jun 5 by jackrmee

I doubt what he’s asking for is a championship wage. He deserves a bit of a pay rise mun. He’s one of our lowest paid players.

Congreve and Cooper earn more.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:04 - Jun 5 with 2677 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:59 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

Congreve and Cooper earn more.

And contribute less, much less, Ridiculous

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 03:14 - Jun 6 with 2535 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/06/05/swansea-city-have-championship-attacker-on-t

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:31 - Jun 6 with 2464 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 03:14 - Jun 6 by RhonddaSwans

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/06/05/swansea-city-have-championship-attacker-on-t

Good to see more strikers being added.

Still hoping on Oli or Langstaff though. In that order.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:47 - Jun 6 with 2403 viewsRichardO

It does seem as if the club/owners don't really know how to deal with players and managers contract negotiations what may work in the US or in business in general just does not offer any stability for them. Running down contracts or just.exercising the extra one year option at end of the original contract does not encourage relatively young players to stay and seems to actively force players away which some would say is ok if we had adequate replacements in place but are we in that situation as a squad at the moment?
If you are prepared to exercise the one year pption then offer an incentive to stay and extra year or extra pay, In the case of Wood he may want away, in Cullen's case not, we really need to secure our quality players to help the manager as soon as possible.
Maybe we should have got rid of Martin sooner if we weren't going give him more time than we did allowing the new manager time before a new season to get to know his squad and try and influence the decision makers as to what players he needs..
Hoping in William's case he can now have players ready before the season starts with little affect being caused by the overlapping season start and transfers window. because last year start was damaged by players leaving later coupled with numerous injuries forcing knee jerk and ill thought out signings.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:19 - Jun 6 with 2231 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:56 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

So where did you get your facts?

Cullen asks for a substantial pay rise and the club declined to give it to him based on his regression ( in goals at least). He can earn a new deal but needs to improve.

At present he is not good enough. I doubt he ever will be.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:38 - Jun 6 with 2183 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:19 - Jun 6 by ReslovenSwan1

So where did you get your facts?

Cullen asks for a substantial pay rise and the club declined to give it to him based on his regression ( in goals at least). He can earn a new deal but needs to improve.

At present he is not good enough. I doubt he ever will be.

Who says he's not good enough, You?

Who are you to say that when Luke Williams and Martin played him, your dislike of Cullen or any other player has absolutely no barring whatsoever!

You keep stating your opinions as fact of which they are certainly not!

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:44 - Jun 6 with 2115 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:38 - Jun 6 by max936

Who says he's not good enough, You?

Who are you to say that when Luke Williams and Martin played him, your dislike of Cullen or any other player has absolutely no barring whatsoever!

You keep stating your opinions as fact of which they are certainly not!

I give an opinion. Do you really think Cullen will become a Premier league class striker? That should be the target surely?

The club has a strong scouting system and two academy players pressing. He has been given a year perhaps with a view to a sale He is taking the place of a raw prospect from Rio Europe or Ecuador.

Cullen has seen off Gyorkeres Whittaker and Al Hamadi. The chosen son was even given a penalty and did not hit the target.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:17 - Jun 6 with 2066 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:44 - Jun 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I give an opinion. Do you really think Cullen will become a Premier league class striker? That should be the target surely?

The club has a strong scouting system and two academy players pressing. He has been given a year perhaps with a view to a sale He is taking the place of a raw prospect from Rio Europe or Ecuador.

Cullen has seen off Gyorkeres Whittaker and Al Hamadi. The chosen son was even given a penalty and did not hit the target.

The decisions to disregard those players had nothing to do with Cullen, Gyorkeres who is another of your purlieu obsessions was hopeless when he was here and was rightly sent packing, Whittaker was not used and moved on because of his attitude, this you're been told numerous times, but like most things you don't agree with you ignore.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:23 - Jun 6 with 2055 viewsonehunglow

Any decent rumours.
What that !cullen a Prem League player.
I must have misread that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:41 - Jun 6 with 2034 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:45 - Jun 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Sorba for under a Million. Speed strength and an excellent set piece. No brainer

https://the72.co.uk/2024/06/03/huddersfield-town-could-sell-sorba-thomas-this-su

Now I was thinking this when Huddersfield went down that would be hell of a signing.

But we have Ginnely coming back so does he fit in.
Also we have govia coming through.

We need to be sustainable I would rather some real quality and experience added + mix of our youth team.
[Post edited 6 Jun 17:45]

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 01:58 - Jun 7 with 1782 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:41 - Jun 6 by RhonddaSwans

Now I was thinking this when Huddersfield went down that would be hell of a signing.

But we have Ginnely coming back so does he fit in.
Also we have govia coming through.

We need to be sustainable I would rather some real quality and experience added + mix of our youth team.
[Post edited 6 Jun 17:45]

You forgot to mention Parker who I thought was better than Govia but I have only seen limited amounts of both.
I do agree with your last paragraph as the way forward

As for the centre forward position we need a better target man but in the past was it not a case of we had forwards but not the right midfield who could protect our defence and also support our attack in Coopers case he didn't get to use Gyokeres because he had two American instead to help both in attack and midfield while having both Lowe and Ayew but crucially injuries hampered the team set up, same as the loss of Gibbs-White in the midfield.Under Martin Whittaker didn't get game time presumably because we had the likes of Piroe, Ntcham, Obefemi and Paterson with Downes in the midfield and Whittaker after his happier loan move wanted away.

With the loss Downes we were back with the same pairing in the midfield under Martin as we did.under Cooper and last season with the loss of Ntcham, the midfield needs strengthening as well as the forward line.

We had some joy when changing the midfield with Allen and Patino but Platino for me was made a scapegoat for the Leicester result and similarly Congreve after his first half substitution both deemed not ready and given little or no game time. As for next season Congreve did make the bench and maybe like Kuharevich were consider too much of a risk to use while in a precarious league position and a last resort once we went looking for a playoff position, will they get more game time next season?
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:50 - Jun 7 with 1625 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:44 - Jun 6 by ReslovenSwan1

So you want us to blood our youngsters and think long term, but a player should be binned if he’s not at our target level, which should be premier league prospect only?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:55 - Jun 7 with 1618 viewsheatwave

I keep seeing people regularly rattling on about Ginnelly coming back for next season. Can we really be excited about a guy who has featured 6 times for us having scored one blockbuster goal? He did well at Hearts but so has McKay and Kingsley. Prior to that he had a handful of games for teams like Walsall, Lincoln and Tranmere and pulled up no tree's. I sincerely hope that he will find a home here and does well. Personally I just don't get the hype.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:58 - Jun 7 with 1608 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:55 - Jun 7 by heatwave

I keep seeing people regularly rattling on about Ginnelly coming back for next season. Can we really be excited about a guy who has featured 6 times for us having scored one blockbuster goal? He did well at Hearts but so has McKay and Kingsley. Prior to that he had a handful of games for teams like Walsall, Lincoln and Tranmere and pulled up no tree's. I sincerely hope that he will find a home here and does well. Personally I just don't get the hype.

It’s just hope

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:09 - Jun 7 with 1591 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:58 - Jun 7 by onehunglow

It’s just hope

And that’s what kills ya!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:22 - Jun 7 with 1269 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:50 - Jun 7 by jackrmee

So you want us to blood our youngsters and think long term, but a player should be binned if he’s not at our target level, which should be premier league prospect only?

Liam Cullen is 25 and not improving much if at all. Statistically he was worse last season than the season before. He has been in the system for 16 years.

Swansea City CoE and academy has a very poor record with strikers. No local lads at all.

Most of his defenders want to keep him because he is a 'trier' and 'cheap'. I put it to you with a top recruitment system there are better 'cheap triers' out there with potential and 19-22 yo.

Gyorkeres was raw battler with a development upside. Swansea chose the wrong horse. Josh Thomas scored more league one goals than Cullen. Kyrell Wilson is also a better prospect.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:41 - Jun 8 with 1104 viewsblackpooljack

If we had a choice of keeping a player who loves the club but isn't very prolific or one which is, but you know will want to move on in a season or two therefore has no great affinety for scfc, which one would you choose esp if you as a club/fan had aspirations to play in a higher division..... I know which one i'd choose.
[Post edited 8 Jun 19:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024