Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players leaving 16:16 - May 22 with 3525 viewscpgerber

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/22/joe-gubbins-moves-on/

No surprise there.

(looked easier to just start a generic thread for the leavers instead of a thread per player or worst, appending the news on an unrelated thread)
Players leaving on 16:20 - May 22 with 3461 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nourry ditches inquisitive minds for physical robustness and I approve.

Bare bones.

Players leaving on 16:23 - May 22 with 3441 views222gers

I concur.
Players leaving on 16:36 - May 22 with 3330 viewsTonto

It foes feel like a lot of the fringe players who weren't good enough to even be considered depth are being let go. Finally as some might say.

If it fees up funding for 1 or 2 proper squad players as a result then it could be a good summer

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Players leaving on 21:10 - May 22 with 2921 viewsdubaistu

Gone so far:

Ossie Kakay
Aaron Drewe
Joe Hodge
Isaac Hayden
Uncle Albert
Andre Dozzell
Jordan Archer
Stephen Duke-McKenna
Joe Gubbins
Players leaving on 21:51 - May 22 with 2768 viewsAndybrat

Players leaving on 21:10 - May 22 by dubaistu

Gone so far:

Ossie Kakay
Aaron Drewe
Joe Hodge
Isaac Hayden
Uncle Albert
Andre Dozzell
Jordan Archer
Stephen Duke-McKenna
Joe Gubbins

Still think Hayden will be back, add all the names in the development squad and under 18s currently loads of available parking spaces at Heston. Mind you those left are on hols
Players leaving on 22:14 - May 22 with 2686 viewsstrikerace

Yeah Hayden is the only one who will be missed. Love to keep him
Players leaving on 06:25 - May 23 with 2405 viewsdmm

And the rest...

Samuel Sackey
Micah Anthony
Hamzad Kargbo
Rafferty Pedder
Joseph Ajose
Nathan Jeche
Trent Rendall
Harry Cant
Arkell Jude-Boyd
Deon Woodman
Players leaving on 07:13 - May 23 with 2323 viewsTonto

If you add together all the wages of those who have left (other than Dozell who's wages are already repurposed) then it probably equals a Hayden.

We lose nothing and gain a good egg first teamed.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Players leaving on 07:22 - May 23 with 2303 viewsNorthernr

Players leaving on 16:36 - May 22 by Tonto

It foes feel like a lot of the fringe players who weren't good enough to even be considered depth are being let go. Finally as some might say.

If it fees up funding for 1 or 2 proper squad players as a result then it could be a good summer

I didn't mind the "kiss a lot of frogs" method that Ramsey used to talk about, but it has felt like we've held onto a hell of a lot of players who were obviously never going to be Champ standard way too long.
Players leaving on 07:59 - May 23 with 2232 viewsStainrod

Players leaving on 07:22 - May 23 by Northernr

I didn't mind the "kiss a lot of frogs" method that Ramsey used to talk about, but it has felt like we've held onto a hell of a lot of players who were obviously never going to be Champ standard way too long.

We finally seem to be doing what I hoped we would do for a long time - be less concerned with getting "our own" youth players into the first team (which always struck me as a salary-justifying mission by the likes of Ramsey) and instead polishing some turds sh*t out by more successful academies. I mean it would be lovely if we did develop another Raheem Sterling from the age of about 9, but the odds of it are probably about 100/1 (1000/1?) and even then he would just be pinched from us. The JSC example is surely the one to follow for a club like us. It seems to have taken the arrival of Nourie and years of failure (with Warburton's warnings ignored) to have finally adopted a policy that was probably pretty obviously the right path to many of us fans.
Players leaving on 09:52 - May 23 with 1979 viewsqprninja

Players leaving on 07:22 - May 23 by Northernr

I wonder who Travelman's agent had incriminating photos of?
Players leaving on 10:10 - May 23 with 1872 viewsNorthernr

Players leaving on 09:52 - May 23 by qprninja

I wonder who Travelman's agent had incriminating photos of?

Travelman seems to have built an entire career on the basis that he came out of John Textor's US academy and it looks good for him if the graduates from that have good careers, so he kept signing him for his clubs.
Players leaving on 10:35 - May 23 with 1767 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players leaving on 07:59 - May 23 by Stainrod

We finally seem to be doing what I hoped we would do for a long time - be less concerned with getting "our own" youth players into the first team (which always struck me as a salary-justifying mission by the likes of Ramsey) and instead polishing some turds sh*t out by more successful academies. I mean it would be lovely if we did develop another Raheem Sterling from the age of about 9, but the odds of it are probably about 100/1 (1000/1?) and even then he would just be pinched from us. The JSC example is surely the one to follow for a club like us. It seems to have taken the arrival of Nourie and years of failure (with Warburton's warnings ignored) to have finally adopted a policy that was probably pretty obviously the right path to many of us fans.

yep and when we've gone down that route in the past (anyone from Steve Slade to Dom Shimmin to Stefan Moore etc etc etc as well as countless others who never even made the team - wither thou, Dave McEwen?) you'll get posts saying the opposite.
Why does it have to be one or the other?

Bare bones.

Players leaving on 10:46 - May 23 with 1691 viewsStainrod

Players leaving on 10:35 - May 23 by Antti_Heinola

yep and when we've gone down that route in the past (anyone from Steve Slade to Dom Shimmin to Stefan Moore etc etc etc as well as countless others who never even made the team - wither thou, Dave McEwen?) you'll get posts saying the opposite.
Why does it have to be one or the other?

I take your point. Amazing how many players from top academies fall through the divisions. But I just think we have a better success rate at developing cast offs than our own. In the current first team we have Field, JSC and Dunne who were all released from academies or B teams of more successful clubs. But unless you count Chair, we haven't developed anyone of our own recently into first team starters. I felt we persisted with the likes of Kakay as much because we wanted him to be good as for his actual effectiveness. You could possibly make the same argument about Armstrong. It does become a choice IMHO because of our incredibly limited resources.
[Post edited 23 May 11:39]
Players leaving on 11:36 - May 23 with 1510 viewsstainrods_elbow

Players leaving on 07:59 - May 23 by Stainrod

What a depressingly cynical/parasitic 'if you can't beat them join them' world-view - so why have an Academy at all on that basis!? You also don't seem to wonder for even a minute why ours should be so much less successful than others. In the meantime, your grimly chortlesome rebranding of JCS with an acronym that stands for 'joint-stock company' tells one a lot about your soulless polemic.

Personally, my own view would be the complete antithesis, but I'm an old-fashioned fool for (QPR) love!
[Post edited 23 May 11:40]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Players leaving on 11:43 - May 23 with 1463 viewsStainrod

Players leaving on 11:36 - May 23 by stainrods_elbow

What a depressingly cynical/parasitic 'if you can't beat them join them' world-view - so why have an Academy at all on that basis!? You also don't seem to wonder for even a minute why ours should be so much less successful than others. In the meantime, your grimly chortlesome rebranding of JCS with an acronym that stands for 'joint-stock company' tells one a lot about your soulless polemic.

Personally, my own view would be the complete antithesis, but I'm an old-fashioned fool for (QPR) love!
[Post edited 23 May 11:40]

I didn't realise I was being especially cynical, let alone parasitic.

Surely in sport you follow the data and do what works to be successful?

I just don't see the point in investing large sums to effectively develop Leyton Orient's or Dagenham's future starting 11 when we could spend that on another Field, JSC or Dunne.

I don't think you are a fool at all, but you probably are a romantic...
Players leaving on 12:45 - May 23 with 1301 viewslassel

Players leaving on 10:10 - May 23 by Northernr

Travelman seems to have built an entire career on the basis that he came out of John Textor's US academy and it looks good for him if the graduates from that have good careers, so he kept signing him for his clubs.

Possibly/ probably naivety on my behalf but it felt more like Textor doing him a favour at the end of his time here by hooking him up everytime the club asked him to go on loan and free up some money for more blood.

After Ainsworth ditched him for Larkeche who he also didn’t like, he went straight to the Finnish champions, played Europa league football and has been unattached for 6 months.

Certainly not a boring career.
Players leaving on 13:08 - May 23 with 1233 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players leaving on 10:46 - May 23 by Stainrod

I take your point. Amazing how many players from top academies fall through the divisions. But I just think we have a better success rate at developing cast offs than our own. In the current first team we have Field, JSC and Dunne who were all released from academies or B teams of more successful clubs. But unless you count Chair, we haven't developed anyone of our own recently into first team starters. I felt we persisted with the likes of Kakay as much because we wanted him to be good as for his actual effectiveness. You could possibly make the same argument about Armstrong. It does become a choice IMHO because of our incredibly limited resources.
[Post edited 23 May 11:39]

Fair points. I don't think we ever really 'persisted' with Kakay, mind. He was basically cheap back-up, who sometimes did a pretty decent job.

Bare bones.

Players leaving on 15:16 - May 23 with 1014 viewsNorthernr

Players leaving on 12:45 - May 23 by lassel

Possibly/ probably naivety on my behalf but it felt more like Textor doing him a favour at the end of his time here by hooking him up everytime the club asked him to go on loan and free up some money for more blood.

After Ainsworth ditched him for Larkeche who he also didn’t like, he went straight to the Finnish champions, played Europa league football and has been unattached for 6 months.

Certainly not a boring career.

Oh he's had a wonderful time. Hence the nickname. Is there a league in the Maldives?
Players leaving on 17:08 - May 23 with 779 viewslassel

Players leaving on 15:16 - May 23 by Northernr

Oh he's had a wonderful time. Hence the nickname. Is there a league in the Maldives?

I struggle to dislike him for being willing to go and live in a hotel room in some weird places, especially when some players have neglected to help the club by taking a move outside London.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024