Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich 20:51 - May 22 with 2135 viewsaston_hoop

How the hell has he managed to fall upwards to that managerial job?

And yes, can add Burnley to the list of clubs for us to worry about all summer until they appoint a new boss now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 20:58 - May 22 with 2068 viewsdaveB

Has he got the job? Amazed they didn't go for Poch
Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 21:17 - May 22 with 1977 viewsBAWHoops

That's the Burnley and possibly the Ipswich job now available. I do worry that if the chairs shuffle around enough then Marti might get the call.
Rob Edwards, Carlos Corberan etc could all easily fill those vacancies and then Luton/WBA looking for new manager....

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 21:17 - May 22 with 1976 viewsaston_hoop

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 20:58 - May 22 by daveB

Has he got the job? Amazed they didn't go for Poch

Telegraph reporting that its all but a done deal, they are usually reliable for these things. Just find it a baffling appointment, obviously very good in the Championship (with a huge amount of investment in his squad of course) but a disaster last year. Wouldn't have got that job if his name was Rob Edwards

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 22:35 - May 22 with 1702 viewsbosh67

Extraordinary. I mean as much as I like him it is almost the ultimate reward for failure. I'm surprised Wild One isn't been considered.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 05:44 - May 23 with 1428 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 22:35 - May 22 by bosh67

Extraordinary. I mean as much as I like him it is almost the ultimate reward for failure. I'm surprised Wild One isn't been considered.

But for the Cuban heels, he'd be a shoe-in with Tombola for the Chelsea job.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 06:38 - May 23 with 1350 viewspaulparker

Mick McCarthy should be onto his agent asking why he wasn’t offered the Barcelona job if all you have to do is win The Championship then be relegated without so much as a whimper

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 07:26 - May 23 with 1270 viewsNorthernr

I know they've gone through about 30 candidates to get here but to get relegated with Burnley and then get the Bayern Munich job is amazing. Maybe they should have given it to Steve Cotterill?
Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 08:52 - May 23 with 1138 viewsR_from_afar

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 07:26 - May 23 by Northernr

I know they've gone through about 30 candidates to get here but to get relegated with Burnley and then get the Bayern Munich job is amazing. Maybe they should have given it to Steve Cotterill?

Apparently, Rangenick and Alonso turned them down.

Given that Atalanta just crushed Alonso's Leverkusen 3-0* in the Europa League final, I wonder if Bayern, and a few other big clubs, will be on the 'phone to Bergamo this morning.

*All three goals scored by a man born in....Wandsworth 👏

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 09:17 - May 23 with 1085 viewsNorthernr

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 08:52 - May 23 by R_from_afar

Apparently, Rangenick and Alonso turned them down.

Given that Atalanta just crushed Alonso's Leverkusen 3-0* in the Europa League final, I wonder if Bayern, and a few other big clubs, will be on the 'phone to Bergamo this morning.

*All three goals scored by a man born in....Wandsworth 👏

I remember Lookman being a bit lively in a dreadful Charlton team at Loftus Road as a teenager circa 2016.
Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 09:26 - May 23 with 1047 viewskingsburyR

Remarkable decision but that's football. Take the name not the performance.

That said I'm confident Marti will spend this season with us but if its a successful one then he's rich for the picking.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 09:49 - May 23 with 984 viewsEastR

The Bundesliga is not that much different to Scotland, arguably even less competitive. In the last 20 years Bayern have won it 16 times. Winning the championship is by far a bigger challenge.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 09:51 - May 23 with 971 viewsjohnhoop

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 09:17 - May 23 by Northernr

I remember Lookman being a bit lively in a dreadful Charlton team at Loftus Road as a teenager circa 2016.

Unfortunately we bought Jordan Cousins instead if I remember rightly.
Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 10:08 - May 23 with 914 viewsNorthernr

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 09:51 - May 23 by johnhoop

Unfortunately we bought Jordan Cousins instead if I remember rightly.

He did play well that day TBF. Just went and looked it up and we gave Lookman a 6 and Cousins a 7 lol.
Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 10:36 - May 23 with 827 viewsLongRanger

Its amazing that he seems to be their choice, I thought it with be Poch as soon as he left Chelsea, but with them now heavily linked to Maresca, its clearly a good time to be a young manager who has worked for/with Pep.
Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 10:36 - May 23 with 824 viewsAntti_Heinola

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 10:08 - May 23 by Northernr

He did play well that day TBF. Just went and looked it up and we gave Lookman a 6 and Cousins a 7 lol.

tbf, Lookman went about a year later for £11m.
I don't think he was in our price range even at the Cousins time.

Bare bones.

Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich on 12:51 - May 23 with 625 viewslassel

Everyone involved at Burnley says that Kompany is an incredibly impressive personality to be around so perhaps Bayern have decided they already have the players, they just need the right personality at the helm to get results.

Everything I’ve read about Kompany is that he is completely fixed to one way of playing, which didn’t work with Burnley’s squad this year but he wouldn’t adapt. Maybe with Bayerns squad it turns out to be a masterstroke
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024