Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale 14:31 - Jun 11 with 4466 viewsflynnbo

TICKETS: Now on general sale. Prices:

Season ticket holders: £18 Adults, £15 Young Adults Under 25, £13 Seniors Over 63/Young Adults Under 23/Disabled/Ambulant with free carer, £6 Juniors Under 18, Kids U8 FREE (prior to matchday - must be accompanied by full-paying adult).

Non-season ticket holders: £23 Adults, £20 Young Adults Under 25, £18 Seniors Over 63/Young Adults Under 23/Disabled/Ambulant with free carer, £9 Juniors Under 18, Kids U8 FREE (prior to matchday - must be accompanied by full-paying adult).

Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 18:26 - Jun 12 with 1132 viewswelwynranger

Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 10:50 - Jun 12 by Marshy67

The old Celtic friendlies were just that.Friendlies.
Those of us who are knocking on a bit age wise can remember a "friendly" here at the Bush back in early August 69 against Glasgow Rangers.QPR-relegated from Division 1- playing in their new away strip of red and black stripes in front of a crowd of over 16000.Needless to say the Glasgow team had a fair few who had travelled down to West London backing them.
The actual game ended 3-3 and was entertaining, but to say it was a niggly,feisty encounter would be an understatement with Rodney in particular getting roughed up to such an extent that eventually he snapped and punched Glasgow full back Johansen leading to Rod taking an early bath!
The headlines next day included PUNCH UP! and CALL THIS A FRIENDLY?!
Still got the programme.

Oh yes.
I remember that i was there were very hostile Jocks in every part of the ground.
A lot near me kicked off when we were awarded a penalty
You could never call that a friendly.
Great game on the pitch though
I also still have the programme
Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 20:16 - Jun 12 with 1025 viewsMick_S

Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 08:47 - Jun 12 by welwynranger

Nearly word for word what my Spurs supporting golf mate was telling me on Monday.
Also the discount he used to get for being a long term season ticket holder (25 yrs) and an OAP has been taken away for next season.
He renewed but he seriously thought about not doing

I had exactly the same conversation with a Spurs fan on Monday at work.
His concession, despite all the years of being a season ticket holder, is being deliberately eroded so a tourist/full payer will take it. It stinks.
[Post edited 12 Jun 20:17]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 23:09 - Jun 17 with 730 viewsNewBee

Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 18:00 - Jun 11 by Watford_Ranger

Yeah they’re pretty active in trying to lose long term season ticket holders, particularly concessions. They’ve raised OAP prices considerably (possibly even removed the discount entirely if I recall but the fan groups were pushing agains that). Spurs fans I know hate it particularly away from home where tourists are also now getting tickets but presumably that’s through fans selling them on for a huge profit.

Not quite.

They have announced that there will be no more new Senior Concession ST's made available from season 2025/26 onwards, though if you're already in before that, you will still be able to go on renewing each season.

As for the concession itself, it is presently a generous (imo) 50% off the regular ST rate, but even there they intend to reduce it by 5% a season for the next five seasons until it reaches a 25% discount.

It's quite clear they don't want "legacy fans", many of whom will by definition have been supporting the team for decades, since they don't spend enough in the bars, restaurants and souvenir shops etc. Far more lucrative to replace them with high spending tourists and Koreans etc.

Absolutely disgraceful.
Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 23:32 - Jun 17 with 717 viewsNewBee

Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 09:21 - Jun 12 by MrSheen

From Ed Warner’s Substack a few weeks ago…

https://open.substack.com/pub/sportinc/p/the-triangle-of-hope?r=2lz02&utm_me

Thanks for that, very interesting.

Anyhow, as regards Brentford, their "Use it or Lose it" policy is slightly more nuanced than described:
“There will be consequences if fans consistently leave their seat empty. If a season ticket holder fails to use their ticket for a league match, they will get a yellow card. If they get four yellow cards by the next renewal date in 2025, they will lose the automatic right to renew their season ticket for 2025/26.”

If you cannot use your ST for a given game, you can avoid a Yellow Card by assigning it to another Member, or by posting it for sale on the official Ticket Exchange.

While if you miss a game for an unavoidable reason (illness, road or public transport problem etc), you can appeal and have it scrubbed from the record.

All in all, this ST Holder doesn't think it too bad, though there were a lot of administrative and system problems when it was first introduced last season eg fans incorrectly being logged as not attending, or valid excuses for non-attendance not being recognised etc, warning letters being wrongly sent out.

Oh and btw, I think I'm right in saying that if from this season you post your ticket on the Exchange at least 7 days before the game, they guarantee to refund you your 19th value anyhow, even if it doesn't subsequently sell. (They must be very confident it will sell, or at least that the odd one which doesn't will be more than compensated by the sale of tickets at matchday prices well in excess of the ST price you're actually paying)
Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 00:46 - Jun 18 with 670 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 09:21 - Jun 12 by MrSheen

From Ed Warner’s Substack a few weeks ago…

https://open.substack.com/pub/sportinc/p/the-triangle-of-hope?r=2lz02&utm_me

Dynamic Pricing has not invaded England yet ? but when it does it will bring down a reign of fire on true fans to really fcuk them .
I got burned myself 2 times once for concert tickets and once for the Man City V BM friendly in Green Bay and am still angry at myself .
Spurs turning their back on fans who spent their life and money following the club is pretty cruel but sadly its the way forward and might even infect QPR someday also
Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 08:13 - Jun 18 with 582 viewsPaddyhoops

I’m doing my hair that day. No interest in a match against a Tottenham second team .
Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 13:02 - Jun 18 with 342 viewsNewBee

Tottenham friendly tickets now on sale on 00:46 - Jun 18 by CLAREMAN1995

Dynamic Pricing has not invaded England yet ? but when it does it will bring down a reign of fire on true fans to really fcuk them .
I got burned myself 2 times once for concert tickets and once for the Man City V BM friendly in Green Bay and am still angry at myself .
Spurs turning their back on fans who spent their life and money following the club is pretty cruel but sadly its the way forward and might even infect QPR someday also

Re Dynamic Pricing, I hope it never arrives in English football. But I'm caustiously hopeful that it won't, because what you're describing are basically one-off events (concerts, MC v BM etc).

League Football is different in 2 respects. First, if you raise prices through the season to exploit increased demand, all well and good. But what if you have a crap season and find you're nowhere near selling out? The dynamics of that would see prices go down.

Second, the whole point about a ST is that even though it is discounted from matchday prices, nonetheless it is guaranteed income, paid up front - vital in order to budget for the season ahead (transfers, wages etc). Dynamic pricing on a match-by-match basis gives you none of that.

And even for a one-off like QPR v Spurs, there is a dnager that people will wait to see what team Spurs put out. Which is fine if stars like Son and, er, Maddison appear - you could probably sell out LR at top prices to Koreans alone. But what if Spurs field a B team, full of youngsters etc? No premium ticket prices there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024