Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread 21:38 - Aug 18 with 32123 viewsKeithHaynes

Memories, the truth (often lost on them down the road) games, unique moments, anything really.

Plus we update and look ahead to the game.

This is the derby day thread !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62821/swansea-city-total

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:32 - Aug 21 with 3822 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62821/swansea-city-total

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 13:16 - Aug 21 with 3723 viewsBoundy

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:00 - Aug 20 by vetchonian

im with you i sort of expect the same staring line up as against Preston.
But did wonder if Luke might Tinker to add some experience for this BIG game.
If we go all put as we did Saturday i think we will be fine....I am worried about overconfidence given they have uet to win a league game...and form means nothing in a derby but heres hoping for another win

I'd not be concerned to see Naughton start tbh , he definitely knows what its about a cool head at the back maybe the order of the day .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 13:54 - Aug 21 with 3659 viewsLandore_Jack

Are they still bigger than Barcelona?

#backtojack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:02 - Aug 21 with 3650 viewsraynor94

Don't underestimate them, I don't think they are as bad as their opening 2 results suggest

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:18 - Aug 21 with 3613 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:02 - Aug 21 by raynor94

Don't underestimate them, I don't think they are as bad as their opening 2 results suggest

Some sense at last. All this ‘it’s going to be easy’ stuff WILL bite us on the backside!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:25 - Aug 21 with 3598 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:18 - Aug 21 by union_jack

Some sense at last. All this ‘it’s going to be easy’ stuff WILL bite us on the backside!

To be fair if it wasn’t a derby we’d probably be fully expecting to win a game at home against a side that will probably be battling relegation this year. It’s never easy in the championship though,

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:53 - Aug 21 with 3538 viewspembsjack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:02 - Aug 21 by raynor94

Fully agree with this, they won't be the only team to be on the end of a thumping from Burnley this year!
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 15:04 - Aug 21 with 3494 viewsvetchonian

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 13:16 - Aug 21 by Boundy

I'd not be concerned to see Naughton start tbh , he definitely knows what its about a cool head at the back maybe the order of the day .

i think Luke mighr start with Naughts he was very influential in last years home game till he went off.
I wouldnt be surprised if he starts he has experience and still has the skills even if his legs are goung a little

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 15:32 - Aug 21 with 3434 viewsvetchonian

I totally agree Rayns....we could get a surprise and as always form goes out of the window in a derby..
I just hope the chef has his prematch talk sorted

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:53 - Aug 21 with 3271 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:18 - Aug 21 by union_jack

Nothing is easy but there is confidence and expectation.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:00 - Aug 21 with 3195 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:53 - Aug 21 by KeithHaynes

And of course being positive

It will be a trouble free win

Zan is getting a brace

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:27 - Aug 21 with 3172 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:53 - Aug 21 by KeithHaynes

That’s fine, but we need to keep our feet on the ground. That’s part of the ‘Swansea Way’. We are sounding more like ‘them’. Let’s just go about our business but treading with care. I’m a bit superstitious that way.

I predict a riot, I mean a draw!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:45 - Aug 22 with 2790 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:27 - Aug 21 by union_jack

That’s fine, but we need to keep our feet on the ground. That’s part of the ‘Swansea Way’. We are sounding more like ‘them’. Let’s just go about our business but treading with care. I’m a bit superstitious that way.

I predict a riot, I mean a draw!

I’m going the other way Union
I’m sick of being patronised by these jerks

I remember the great but troubled Kenny Carter saying
“ It’s hard to be humble when you know you’re good “

https://www.google.com/search?q=yorkshire+haka&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=

Track this book down . It’s incredible

Kenny was a nutter . I knew his father . A Kent of epic proportions . He ruined his son .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:11 - Aug 22 with 2732 viewsAzzuriswan

Whatever the form sides have before and after derby games goes out of the window for that particular game. I am sure that LW and others will be putting their point across to our warriors about this game on Sunday and they will not be over confident. We are good enough to win this one easily even though Chopra is in the away end.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:47 - Aug 22 with 2678 viewsDoubeDoube

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:11 - Aug 22 by Azzuriswan

Whatever the form sides have before and after derby games goes out of the window for that particular game. I am sure that LW and others will be putting their point across to our warriors about this game on Sunday and they will not be over confident. We are good enough to win this one easily even though Chopra is in the away end.

warriors LOL!
[Post edited 22 Aug 12:16]
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:13 - Aug 22 with 2631 viewsraynor94

Bar for one game, we have always been more up for it than them, let's hope this pattern continues Sunday

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:22 - Aug 22 with 2585 viewsvetchonian

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:13 - Aug 22 by raynor94

Bar for one game, we have always been more up for it than them, let's hope this pattern continues Sunday

looks like Joey is on contention

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:25 - Aug 22 with 2567 viewsraynor94

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:22 - Aug 22 by vetchonian

Great news!

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 13:50 - Aug 22 with 2423 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:13 - Aug 22 by raynor94

They weren’t even up for it then. We were just abject and disinterested. They were their normal selves and it was enough on the night.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:24 - Aug 22 with 2268 viewsJohnw102

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:22 - Aug 22 by vetchonian

Who could you drop after Saturdays game? Bench and on later when game is won. Give him a start on Wednesday night. get some match time in those old legs!!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:56 - Aug 22 with 2181 viewsFireboy2

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:24 - Aug 22 by Johnw102

Who could you drop after Saturdays game? Bench and on later when game is won. Give him a start on Wednesday night. get some match time in those old legs!!

No one, joey should be on the bench.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:08 - Aug 22 with 2050 viewsvetchonian

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:56 - Aug 22 by Fireboy2

No one, joey should be on the bench.

totally agree lets hope Luke does,for me id go witth the same starting line up as Preston but wondernif our manager might start Naughton be fore Key and though he got a goal I wonder if Vip will start before Cullen given he has ntnjad a pre-season.

Sense needs to reign over sentiment Joey had yet to paly a game this season so for me its a risk him starting

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:56 - Aug 22 with 1956 viewsFireboy2

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:08 - Aug 22 by vetchonian

totally agree lets hope Luke does,for me id go witth the same starting line up as Preston but wondernif our manager might start Naughton be fore Key and though he got a goal I wonder if Vip will start before Cullen given he has ntnjad a pre-season.

Sense needs to reign over sentiment Joey had yet to paly a game this season so for me its a risk him starting

I think cullen will start with cullen even though imo viptonik is the better player

Cullen will run his blood to water and vip will come on to finish them off 😁👌
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:34 - Aug 23 with 1578 viewspete

morning Raynor 94 and every one,
I agree withn your comment and like you in hope that continues, but i want to add a note of caution , they will be hurting never mind the derby they have not won in this div to date and will be really up for it and i am hoping our lads along with the coaching staff and of course our chef get the lads in the correct mind set to go on and win , disicapline patience will be required and the crowd must have it as well we can win, we will win they will try every trick in the book to unsettle us firm but fair from us should do the trick for 90 plus mins
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:57 - Aug 23 with 1536 viewsRichardO

Think we have to pick a starting line up that can battle because Cardiff will come out to prove themselves.
Want to us snuffing out any threat they may pose. What I liked with the team picked against Preston was when our play broke down high up the pitch we got into a defensive formation very quickly leaving them very little space to play or get a foot hold in our half or the game, we kept the pressure on them. We could have been more incisive with different players but until everybody knows their roles but the team has to have more time to click together, we have to be careful defensively, we second half substitutions did seem to give us better attacking options as did the subs against Rio. Just hope we don't implode against Cardiff by trying to hard and getting carried away with the situation, we have seen Cardiff do that last year.
[Post edited 23 Aug 9:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024