| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day 13:49 - Mar 4 with 10542 views | BexleyHoop | Sadly three years before I was born. How many on here were there at Wembley to witness our one major cup trophy and what are your memories of the day? https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/ [Post edited 4 Mar 13:54]
|  | | |  |
| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day on 05:25 - Mar 5 with 1739 views | cyprusmel |
| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day on 20:46 - Mar 4 by derbyhoop | I was there as a 14yo with my younger brother. Thought we were getting stuffed at HT. Great comeback. Was also at Wembley the year before for 2 World CUp games. The 2-0 win over Mexico and the SF against Portugal. |
I was also at Wembley for all the world cup games except one, I was there completely by accident. My friend Roger had bought two blocks of tickets for him and his girlfriend and then fallen out with said girlfriend. He came knocking on my door and asked me if I wanted to go and being a Rangers fan and not too bothered about the fortunes of my national team, I said no thank you, anyway he came back the next day and got the same answer and the next day he came again knocking on the door, my dad said what does that boy want so I told him he had tickets for all the England games at Wembley. My dad said you should take them son this won't happen again in your lifetime, so I did and even now I can't believe I nearly missed one of the great football matches in England's history. The one match we missed was France v Uruguay at the White City, when they blocked booked Wembley no one considered that the capacity was different, Wembley of course held far more. We arrived at the White City and it was chaos people milling about everywhere, in those days of old the police used to marshal the crowd on horseback and one of our finest on the back of his horse looked down on us and said go home, no I said, it's alright we have tickets, waving them in the air, he said have you got a television, very bemused I said yes and he said well bugger of home and watch it then your not getting in here tonight the grounds full. I can say with hand on heart although it was a great win and a historic moment in history it didn't move me as much as when Mike Keen held the trophy aloft. [Post edited 5 Mar 6:40]
|  | |  |
| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day on 08:30 - Mar 5 with 1595 views | NUBLOCK | I was eight and was there with my grandfather who took me to home games remember walking from Monks Park Road and now think Christ I’m old but wish I was older that day so I could remember the occasion better. |  | |  |
| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day on 10:57 - Mar 5 with 1525 views | daveB |
| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day on 22:18 - Mar 4 by BrianMcCarthy | Just watched that whole documentary again. Beautifully done. Thanks Dave. We're indebted to you. |
thanks mate, it's an education for me putting them together. I find learning about these great teams fascinating. |  | |  |
| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day on 11:55 - Mar 5 with 1458 views | willesdenr | I was there as a teen with one of my mates. He bought the tickets but gawd knows where he got them from as we were up the back behind the goal in the West Brom end. Surprised we weren't done over given our reaction when the third goal went in. |  | |  |
| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day on 16:25 - Mar 5 with 1375 views | charmr | Which end was the west brom end and was there more of their fans then ours? |  | |  |
| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day on 19:32 - Mar 5 with 1309 views | wortonr |
| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day on 02:54 - Mar 5 by charmr | What was the ratio of Rangers fans to WBA fans and who was at each end. Thanks |
We were the end where the teams came out, where all the goals were scored. I assume the support was near enough 50/50. |  | |  |
| League Cup Winners 1967 - On this day on 11:59 - Mar 6 with 1152 views | PinnerR | I was there aged 16 with my dad. He was given tickets by his mate who was a friend of Tony Ingham. I also got a commemorative tie with the club crest on it. My ticket, programme and tie all long lost over the years. |  | |  |
| |