By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies and to abide by our Terms and Conditions. We in turn value your personal details in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
I was lucky enough to be given a load of old QPR footage from QPR fan Rik Anstee so am slowly putting it all online, a lot of games that I don't think have been seen before likes of South Shields, several games against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd from the 70's, a 6-1 cup win over West Ham.
I'll keep them all on the same thread but going to be putting up one a day over the next few weeks.
First one is from 1968, our second ever win in the top flight against Sheffield Wednesday
39
Rare QPR Footage on 20:00 - Aug 20 with 3836 views
it seemed more like 8,000 a pen knife thrown at phil parkes, and at least 6 mobs of a 100 bristol taken out the loft, all before ko.
Yeah, more came, but the big numbers were triggered by City paying for the 900. The following season their main chaps came unstuck outside the White City Stadium.
I look forward to the 6-1 cup win over West Ham. Mrs Kernowhoop and I were in the front row of SAR Stand. West Ham scored first (Pop Robson, I think), but, they had pulled the tiger's tail... Have I missed it, or, has it not been posted here yet?
0
Rare QPR Footage on 11:12 - Aug 22 with 3070 views
I look forward to the 6-1 cup win over West Ham. Mrs Kernowhoop and I were in the front row of SAR Stand. West Ham scored first (Pop Robson, I think), but, they had pulled the tiger's tail... Have I missed it, or, has it not been posted here yet?
That one’s been up on YouTube for a while, though the last goal is missing.
Yeah, more came, but the big numbers were triggered by City paying for the 900. The following season their main chaps came unstuck outside the White City Stadium.
oops, sorry, posts before yours was about Carlisle.
Yes, night game. We were pissed about the previous seasons 'episode' and went into the School End with Chrissie Hardwick to give them a piece of our mind.
todays offering, a win over South Shields in the FA Cup, sadly no footage of the 4th goal but some QPR style medical work on a keeper with a broken arm
Thanks for this Dave (&Rik), v South Shields was the 1st QPR game my Father took me to. It was the only time I saw Marsh play for us, scoring twice. The start of 56 years (& counting) of emotional highs & lows. Lovely to watch (most) of that games (highlights) again, you’ve made an old git smile.
2
Rare QPR Footage on 14:48 - Sep 16 with 1198 views
Can I interest you in a bit of Dave Webb in goal at Arsenal
Tremendous, I'm loving these, don't think I've seen this footage before. I also like the drip feed approach, heighten the anticipation. As this is Michael Blakey on comms I presume this was a BBC news insert? It only dawned on me around 78 or 79 that it was worth watching/taping the BBC and ItV Saturday news progs for goals that weren't in the normal MOTD or Big Match
I'm not sure if you or Rik were taking individual requests on here, I'm happy to see whatever is uploaded but I did notice elsewhere yesterday that on 1st October 77, we drew 2 2 at Brizzle and HTV covered it. Don't recall us getting the game on the Big Match. Any idea if footage is still out there
I'm not sure if you or Rik were taking individual requests on here, I'm happy to see whatever is uploaded but I did notice elsewhere yesterday that on 1st October 77, we drew 2 2 at Brizzle and HTV covered it. Don't recall us getting the game on the Big Match. Any idea if footage is still out there
Ah yeah, that game, easily the drunkest I ever was at a football match.