Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
System of A Down vs England WC SF 18:12 - Jul 8 with 10326 viewsE17hoop

System of A Down vs England WC SF


Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls



I have tickets for SOAD on Weds next week, and my son just told me that would be when England would be in the WC semi-final.

Never seen SOAD live before. Missed England's QF against France at Qatar - was at my Mum's birthday party.
[Post edited 8 Jul 18:15]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 10:49 - Jul 16 with 2457 viewsTheChef

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 10:41 - Jul 16 by robith

That was absolutely astonishing


Fxsake - England losing and me missing out on that gig

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 11:16 - Jul 16 with 2396 viewsE17hoop

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 10:49 - Jul 16 by TheChef

Fxsake - England losing and me missing out on that gig


The floor was quite astonishing for this and probably where my hip copped a bruise:

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 11:22 - Jul 16 with 2351 viewsrobith

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 11:16 - Jul 16 by E17hoop

The floor was quite astonishing for this and probably where my hip copped a bruise:


Sadly the locals tickets are always seated, and the lads behind me were the only people who didn't want to stand, but during Deer Dance my wife told me I was gonna break the seat haha
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 11:55 - Jul 16 with 2300 viewsdutch

I'm amazed at how many heavy metal gribos haunt this site. I assumed we were all old soul boys, funkateers and reggae heads.
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 12:08 - Jul 16 with 2276 viewsSonofNorfolt

I think most here would rather you played 'Chop Suey!' than something dreadful like 'Uptown top ranking' on your show.
How about it?
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 12:49 - Jul 16 with 2232 viewsGoofy

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 07:11 - Jul 16 by E17hoop

Aching this morning - the circle pits were something else. My 57-year-old body isn't designed for them any more, but what a gig.


Had a similar realisation watching NOFX at Hatfield shortly before my 60th birthday 🙂
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 13:39 - Jul 16 with 2185 viewsSuperhoops2808

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 07:11 - Jul 16 by E17hoop

Aching this morning - the circle pits were something else. My 57-year-old body isn't designed for them any more, but what a gig.


Well I hope you're proud of yourself!!!!

The country is in mourning today because E17hoop chose to go to a concert rather than watch England in a semi final and in doing so sealing our doom before a ball had even been kicked... THANKS!!

Of course, I am only joking, glad you had a great time... That said I am still none the wiser as to who 'SOAD' are - even though I am the same age as you!!
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 14:04 - Jul 16 with 2161 viewsdutch

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 12:08 - Jul 16 by SonofNorfolt

I think most here would rather you played 'Chop Suey!' than something dreadful like 'Uptown top ranking' on your show.
How about it?


Now now.
0
Login to get fewer ads

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 14:44 - Jul 16 with 2129 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Went to see MUSE last Friday night and they were just incredible and I loved it.
I am still blind and deaf mind you it was way more intense than I expected with stunning light displays and ear splitting sound.
Not sold out surprisingly and one of my bucket list bands Physchedelic Furs cancelled their show (I had front row balcony seats) because of the blue dot syndrome which is simply lack of sales .
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 17:06 - Jul 16 with 2056 viewsfrancisbowles

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 13:39 - Jul 16 by Superhoops2808

Well I hope you're proud of yourself!!!!

The country is in mourning today because E17hoop chose to go to a concert rather than watch England in a semi final and in doing so sealing our doom before a ball had even been kicked... THANKS!!

Of course, I am only joking, glad you had a great time... That said I am still none the wiser as to who 'SOAD' are - even though I am the same age as you!!


I'm about ten years older and I've never heard of them either. I'm a rock fan but nothing much heavier than blues rock. Son of Northolt, WTF is 'Chop Suey?
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 17:51 - Jul 16 with 2030 viewsSuperhoops2808

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 17:06 - Jul 16 by francisbowles

I'm about ten years older and I've never heard of them either. I'm a rock fan but nothing much heavier than blues rock. Son of Northolt, WTF is 'Chop Suey?


Number 89 on the China Express menu down the road
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 09:56 - Jul 17 with 1894 viewsQPunkR

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 10:49 - Jul 16 by TheChef

Fxsake - England losing and me missing out on that gig


Still some tickets left for Sat and Sun in Warsaw mate

Shit but local

0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 09:57 - Jul 17 with 1892 viewsTheChef

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 09:56 - Jul 17 by QPunkR

Still some tickets left for Sat and Sun in Warsaw mate


Ah if only!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 10:01 - Jul 17 with 1879 viewsE17hoop

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 17:06 - Jul 16 by francisbowles

I'm about ten years older and I've never heard of them either. I'm a rock fan but nothing much heavier than blues rock. Son of Northolt, WTF is 'Chop Suey?


Chop Suey is called that because it's about suicide, but they couldn't release it with that name, so they chopped 'suicide' in half, hence Chop Suey.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

1
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 10:09 - Jul 17 with 1868 viewsTheChef

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 10:01 - Jul 17 by E17hoop

Chop Suey is called that because it's about suicide, but they couldn't release it with that name, so they chopped 'suicide' in half, hence Chop Suey.


Never knew that! (or it ever occurred to me)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 12:14 - Jul 17 with 1822 viewsrobith

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 10:01 - Jul 17 by E17hoop

Chop Suey is called that because it's about suicide, but they couldn't release it with that name, so they chopped 'suicide' in half, hence Chop Suey.


Not quite - it was originally called Self Righteous Suicide, but the label wouldn't let them. Chop Suey is a word play from that (self right chop suey side). Rick Rubin was actually prepared to go toe to toe with the label over it but the band were like nah this way is funnier.

The crowd was so loud during Chop Suey the roof was reverberating
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 12:49 - Jul 17 with 1806 viewsE17hoop

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 12:14 - Jul 17 by robith

Not quite - it was originally called Self Righteous Suicide, but the label wouldn't let them. Chop Suey is a word play from that (self right chop suey side). Rick Rubin was actually prepared to go toe to toe with the label over it but the band were like nah this way is funnier.

The crowd was so loud during Chop Suey the roof was reverberating


Rubin called it self-righteous suicide but Shavo has confirmed it was only ever suicide.



And this is a great video of it from Weds, especially the last chorus
[Post edited 17 Jul 12:52]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 19:00 - Jul 17 with 1735 viewsdutch

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 12:49 - Jul 17 by E17hoop

Rubin called it self-righteous suicide but Shavo has confirmed it was only ever suicide.



And this is a great video of it from Weds, especially the last chorus
[Post edited 17 Jul 12:52]


Unlistenable, unintellligable, deeply unattractive. Can somebody please explain the appeal?
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 11:28 - Jul 19 with 1572 viewsrobith

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 19:00 - Jul 17 by dutch

Unlistenable, unintellligable, deeply unattractive. Can somebody please explain the appeal?


Oh I can field this one.

What you've done is mistaken your opinion for an objective truth, rather than your subjective feeling.

No one can tell you the appeal of it cos you listened to it and you didn't like it. That's all there is to it. Move on with your life and listen to stuff you do like
2
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 08:57 - Jul 21 with 1347 viewsdutch

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 11:28 - Jul 19 by robith

Oh I can field this one.

What you've done is mistaken your opinion for an objective truth, rather than your subjective feeling.

No one can tell you the appeal of it cos you listened to it and you didn't like it. That's all there is to it. Move on with your life and listen to stuff you do like


No. I can tell you, as any critic would, what my subjective response is, but I can also say that I am baffled by the appeal to others. There are many things I don't enjoy; opera, Premier league football, surrealism eg but I understand what others see in them. In this instance I am just at a loss to see any potential attractiveness. Each to their own of course, but an attempt to explain to a mystified other would not go amiss.
0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 15:30 - Jul 21 with 1242 viewsLandshark

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 08:57 - Jul 21 by dutch

No. I can tell you, as any critic would, what my subjective response is, but I can also say that I am baffled by the appeal to others. There are many things I don't enjoy; opera, Premier league football, surrealism eg but I understand what others see in them. In this instance I am just at a loss to see any potential attractiveness. Each to their own of course, but an attempt to explain to a mystified other would not go amiss.


I can't help explain why people find it appealing, each to their own.

What I can say though is this band sold out 2 nights at Tottenham stadium and sold out stadiums throughout Europe on this tour. The song in question has had over a billion views on YouTube (that's billion with a B). So while you don't find this style of music appealing, many many thousands of people do, so there must be an appeal to the music.

Maybe try listening to some of their music and not just the live video. Try their 2 most popular songs, Chop Suey and Toxicity, if they are too heavy for you try the next most popular Aerials.
1
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 17:35 - Jul 21 with 1189 viewsE17hoop

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 15:30 - Jul 21 by Landshark

I can't help explain why people find it appealing, each to their own.

What I can say though is this band sold out 2 nights at Tottenham stadium and sold out stadiums throughout Europe on this tour. The song in question has had over a billion views on YouTube (that's billion with a B). So while you don't find this style of music appealing, many many thousands of people do, so there must be an appeal to the music.

Maybe try listening to some of their music and not just the live video. Try their 2 most popular songs, Chop Suey and Toxicity, if they are too heavy for you try the next most popular Aerials.


For me, I heard it and was taken by the fresh, more chaotic kind of metal that stood out from what came before. Then 9/11 happened, and the lyrics and the timing gave it a very different resonance.

It reaches beyond one person’s story. The song uses religious language, self-judgment, and images of death to ask how people are treated when they are vulnerable, and whether society is fair in how it assigns blame. That gives it more weight than a typical “angry song”: it is angry, but it is angry about something recognisably human.

Ir's one of SOAD's most defining songs and mixes intensity, melody, and political discomfort in a way that stands out.

If you don't like it - fair enough.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

0
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 07:36 - Jul 22 with 1076 viewsQPunkR

I am covered in bruises from the mosh and circle pits. Saturday was an amazing gig! The boys were on top form and it's great to see a band willing to play for multiple hours.

Really hope they tour again. Five stars, would recommend

Shit but local

1
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 13:53 - Jul 22 with 997 viewsSonofNorfolt

System of A Down vs England WC SF on 08:57 - Jul 21 by dutch

No. I can tell you, as any critic would, what my subjective response is, but I can also say that I am baffled by the appeal to others. There are many things I don't enjoy; opera, Premier league football, surrealism eg but I understand what others see in them. In this instance I am just at a loss to see any potential attractiveness. Each to their own of course, but an attempt to explain to a mystified other would not go amiss.


You don't really have an ear for rock do you mate?

Anyhow I can feel a request coming on, this Saturday, just after the midday news,

I cry when angels deserve to DIIIIIEEEEE.........
1
System of A Down vs England WC SF on 15:05 - Jul 22 with 919 viewsBoston

Horses for courses.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026