Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the end? 10:11 - Feb 26 with 3943 viewsSomersetHoops

I've been supporting QPR for many years and for most of them would get in early and buy a ticket to stand in the Loft. Yesterday a group of people were sitting in the loft wearing Fulham shirts and jackets. They should have been immediately ejected from the ground as this area is and always has been for QPR supporters only, but they were allowed to sit in their Fulham kit for over half an hour without challenge.

Eventually they were moved a couple of rows down and asked to cover their Fulham kit and regalia. I find this unacceptable and I don't quite know how they managed to get into that part of the ground unless they concealed their support for the opposition. I spoke to the stewards in my area while they were sitting in their kit and was told they were dealing with it, but I made it clear the only way to deal with it was to insist they leave.

I have recently been to the Liverpool game at Anfield as a guest of a Liverpool supporting friend in the Liverpool supporting area, but would not under any circumstances have gone there in my QPR kit or overtly shown anything that would have upset the Liverpool supporters as respect for them. It make me review what I am supporting at QPR if the management of the club allow opposition supporters to openly wear their kit in the home supporters area. In my view this devalues QPR as a club and brand and if the management are not prepared to support that why should anyone?

It certainly would not be support of the quality of football on the pitch - our players looked less like a team than I have ever seen in the first 30 minutes. So much for their bonding holiday camp in Portugal. It would not be for the quality of management - Diakite should have been taken off after his first yellow card. He also should have been told tackling knee high with studs up would surely deserve another if not a straight red resulting for the second time in two league games under this manager with ten menfor most of the game. Diakite as a replacement for Ale Faurlin is a sick joke. It would not be for having an organised defence as the opposition were able to waltze through our defence several times in the first twenty minutes as if they weren't there. It would not be for the quality of the players brought in as Zamora must think he's still a Fulham player, passing the ball to his old team-mates at least twice in the first 20 minutes and taking shots that looked more like pass-backs to their goalkeeper. I don't need to remind people about the other main signings who got sent of in their first appearance. I thought Hughes knew what he was doing, but I'm already beginning to wonder whether he has the guts for a fight and certainly whether he can instill discipline and leadership into the players.

I feel sorry for Tony Fernandes as I'm sure he's trying his best, but I left this game after 35 minutes in protest about the first issue I mentioned and because I couldn't bear to watch such a crap performance any longer after that. It took me 4 hours to get to the ground and this is the first time ever that I have left a QPR game before it has finished and I'm not sure that I can be bothered to ever come back.

Who's Next?

Is this the end? on 10:22 - Feb 26 with 3184 viewsToast_R

Least of our worries is a few away fans in the home end. You couldn't even say it took seats away from home fans cos there were loads of empties near me in upper loft.

Besides there were loads of QPR fans in the home end at Watford last season.
Is this the end? on 10:51 - Feb 26 with 3137 viewsHayesender

I sat in the home end at arsenal this season courtesy of my arsenal supporting brother, and I have returned the favour by getting him a tkt in our end for the upcoming game.

I've sat in the wrong end countless times over the years and don't see a problem with it, as long as you don't act the cnt.

Wouldn't wear my colours though!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Is this the end? on 11:14 - Feb 26 with 3062 viewsSomersetHoops

Is this the end? on 10:51 - Feb 26 by Hayesender

I sat in the home end at arsenal this season courtesy of my arsenal supporting brother, and I have returned the favour by getting him a tkt in our end for the upcoming game.

I've sat in the wrong end countless times over the years and don't see a problem with it, as long as you don't act the cnt.

Wouldn't wear my colours though!

My point was they should not be allowed to wear their kit. I have no problem with them being there, but by wearing their colours they disrespect our club. I don't care what happens at other clubs it has not been allowed in the Loft and never should be.

Who's Next?

Is this the end? on 11:50 - Feb 26 with 2962 viewsozexile

Is this the end? on 11:14 - Feb 26 by SomersetHoops

My point was they should not be allowed to wear their kit. I have no problem with them being there, but by wearing their colours they disrespect our club. I don't care what happens at other clubs it has not been allowed in the Loft and never should be.

Wearing their colours disrespects our club? They're just football fans like me and you. They've suffered the ups they've suffered the downs. Live and let live.
Is this the end? on 11:56 - Feb 26 with 2940 viewsWatford_Ranger

I was in the Watford end last season. You're certainly risking a kicking by going in the other team's end but as long as you're aware of that I don't see a problem with it.
Is this the end? on 12:11 - Feb 26 with 2886 viewsBrightonhoop

Had the same problem with a Leeds supporter a couple of seasons back. Taking the piss big time though, as is wearing a folham shirt in the Loft ffs. Dont give the stewards a choice. I was having a row with the Leeds cnt and the stewards turned up so I said if you dont throw the cnt out I will. They promptly removed him. So dont give the stewards a choice.
Is this the end? on 12:21 - Feb 26 with 2864 viewsSnipper

I'm sure the geezer sitting next to me in the upper loft was Fulham. When we had that chance in the first half where we had 3 attempts at once but was put wide and offside anyway, he never even flinched.
Is this the end? on 12:53 - Feb 26 with 2791 viewscalders

They were fulham badgers and there families in lower loft.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this the end? on 13:14 - Feb 26 with 2734 viewsTGRRRSSS

Is this the end? on 10:22 - Feb 26 by Toast_R

Least of our worries is a few away fans in the home end. You couldn't even say it took seats away from home fans cos there were loads of empties near me in upper loft.

Besides there were loads of QPR fans in the home end at Watford last season.

Upper Loft is members only so if you ain't a member you can't buy in their simples.
Hence I only go when my st mate gets me one in their or I borrow his ST when he can't make it.
So therefore not the same.
BTW it's an offence to go in a away area so to speak for that reason they should have been ejected when they had regalia so clearly on show.
Not saying we haven't don it but thats not the point in this case.
Is this the end? on 15:47 - Feb 26 with 2608 viewsToast_R

Is this the end? on 13:14 - Feb 26 by TGRRRSSS

Upper Loft is members only so if you ain't a member you can't buy in their simples.
Hence I only go when my st mate gets me one in their or I borrow his ST when he can't make it.
So therefore not the same.
BTW it's an offence to go in a away area so to speak for that reason they should have been ejected when they had regalia so clearly on show.
Not saying we haven't don it but thats not the point in this case.

How anal?
Is this the end? on 15:54 - Feb 26 with 2575 viewsBluce_Ree

Wait... you traveled four hours to leave a game after 35 mins in protest of some fans being allowed to sit in our bit?

You seem easily upset, brother.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Is this the end? on 16:08 - Feb 26 with 2552 viewsRangersAreBack

Is this the end? on 11:50 - Feb 26 by ozexile

Wearing their colours disrespects our club? They're just football fans like me and you. They've suffered the ups they've suffered the downs. Live and let live.

You can keep your "live and let live" attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine.

As for for the Fulham fans, why didn't some QPR fans club together and take matters into their own hands?
Is this the end? on 16:12 - Feb 26 with 2543 viewsBluce_Ree

Is this the end? on 16:08 - Feb 26 by RangersAreBack

You can keep your "live and let live" attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine.

As for for the Fulham fans, why didn't some QPR fans club together and take matters into their own hands?

Because this isn't the '70s.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Is this the end? on 20:11 - Feb 26 with 2373 viewsQPeteR

They were the parents of a few fulham down syndrome kids and 2 fulham staff members who were doing the half time thing with the tiger cubs. A number of qpr office staff were with them including Dan Edwards and some of the rest of the comunity team.

This makes it slightly more bearable. However, whoever it was that thought this would be a good idea should be shot. As it looked as those these parents hadn't been told that they would be sitting in the loft end, yes the family stand, that still has a lot of season ticket holders from before it became that sitting there. They looked quite uncomfortable.

What annoyed me the most was that the stewards seemed to think we should just accept them being there!.
Is this the end? on 20:37 - Feb 26 with 2322 viewsSomersetHoops

I had the feeling it might have been something like that and I think they should have been told it was not acceptable for them to be there in their kit or put them somewhere else or ask them to cover their kit before entering an area reserved for home supporters.

I'm not advocating or suggesting violence be shown to them by anyone, but they should have been quietly and diplomatically directed to another area. What I am saying is if those who manage our club are interested in preserving QPR as a club and brand worth supporting they need to recognise that what happened is not acceptable.

Those who think it is acceptable must think its unnecessary to have areas in our ground exclusively reserved for home supporters. I can remember violent ejections of MU fans in kit from the loft many years ago who thought it was acceptable to chant against us in our area. If this is what you want unless these things are upheld it will happen.

This issue and our performance on the pitch, after being told how good we were going to be, left me disillusioned and I decided my time would be better spent with my 80+ year old parents in Windsor, than watching that crap.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Who's Next?

Is this the end? on 20:39 - Feb 26 with 2314 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Is this the end? on 22:07 - Feb 26 with 2247 viewscalders

Is this the end? on 20:37 - Feb 26 by SomersetHoops

I had the feeling it might have been something like that and I think they should have been told it was not acceptable for them to be there in their kit or put them somewhere else or ask them to cover their kit before entering an area reserved for home supporters.

I'm not advocating or suggesting violence be shown to them by anyone, but they should have been quietly and diplomatically directed to another area. What I am saying is if those who manage our club are interested in preserving QPR as a club and brand worth supporting they need to recognise that what happened is not acceptable.

Those who think it is acceptable must think its unnecessary to have areas in our ground exclusively reserved for home supporters. I can remember violent ejections of MU fans in kit from the loft many years ago who thought it was acceptable to chant against us in our area. If this is what you want unless these things are upheld it will happen.

This issue and our performance on the pitch, after being told how good we were going to be, left me disillusioned and I decided my time would be better spent with my 80+ year old parents in Windsor, than watching that crap.

At the end of the day did the fulham badgers manage to take the loft or did the tiger cubs stand there ground.
Is this the end? on 22:17 - Feb 26 with 2231 viewsTGRRRSSS

Is this the end? on 15:47 - Feb 26 by Toast_R

How anal?

How is that anal, just saying I've been in the home end for Chelsea away at all places, did I go wearing fckng QPR colours, no I didn't I went knowing I risked a kicking and getting nicked.

It's one thing if they're down in X Block, quite another if their in the fckng loft where I can't get in off my own back!

Personally had I seen them I'd have been very angry.
Is this the end? on 22:39 - Feb 26 with 2199 viewsloftboy

Had a couple of Geordies sat in front of me at the Newcastle game this season, spent the second half when there was a break in play chatting about all things football, when the game finished they shook my hand and went in their way, likewise was chatting to an elderly wheelchair helper from Wigan in AL before our game with them, he told me we would win 3-1 as they are shite and at the end of the game he sought me out in BL to wish me luck for the rest of the season, I often sat in home ends in the 80's to avoid being kept in after, you know the rules, keep quiet, stand up when the home team scores and don't act like a kunt, the only exception I made was Luton away when the away fan ban was on and I deliberately took the piss to prove a point.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is this the end? on 23:45 - Feb 26 with 2135 viewsDAZZA66

Is this the end? on 20:37 - Feb 26 by SomersetHoops

Somerset, Seriously ?
After now finding out that these rogue away fans ! were actually football in the community workers, downs kids and their parents, you are still sooo upset that you want them moved ?
You can't enjoy the game and support the team you love because they are there ?
And you are reviewing your support of Qpr because the club lets them sit there ?

These people are not disrespecting our club, they're just involved with another one !
Just like when my daughter used to play for Qpr girls and was on the pitch at half time when we were promoted at Sheffield Wednesday, sat in their stands on the side of the pitch etc, no bother.

I really can't see what the problem is, this area of the ground, (seems like in font of row F in the corner) is regularly used for guests of the club, visiting youth teams mascots etc, so either get used to different people being there or move ?

The behaviour of some grown men on Saturday was pathetic, Shouting "get em out"
etc and even slagging off the Qpr community staff for "not doing anything" as all the
kids, staff parents etc were walking out to get ready for half time.
One fella in row H "C**t this , C**t that, F,ing C**t the other", when a father with 2 young kids asks him to keep it down, gets dogs abuse and rubbish like
"you don't even sit here every week" ! blah blah blah
"Ive been here years and I'm here every week" blah blah blah

Tgrrrsss
Just as well you weren't there, would have been a bit embarrassing having a hissy fit at those kids ?
Saying that you could have got together with RangersAreBack and "taken matters in to your own hands"

Nice one fellas
Is this the end? on 00:15 - Feb 27 with 2099 viewsNorthernr

Is this the end? on 20:11 - Feb 26 by QPeteR

They were the parents of a few fulham down syndrome kids and 2 fulham staff members who were doing the half time thing with the tiger cubs. A number of qpr office staff were with them including Dan Edwards and some of the rest of the comunity team.

This makes it slightly more bearable. However, whoever it was that thought this would be a good idea should be shot. As it looked as those these parents hadn't been told that they would be sitting in the loft end, yes the family stand, that still has a lot of season ticket holders from before it became that sitting there. They looked quite uncomfortable.

What annoyed me the most was that the stewards seemed to think we should just accept them being there!.

If they were parents and helpers with a Downs Syndrome team that's exactly what you should have done FFS. My God we're in danger of reaching a new low on this thread now. Easy mistake to make initially, understandably pissed off to start with, but now the real reason for them being there has come out I think it's time for "sorry, my mistake, move on."
Is this the end? on 00:28 - Feb 27 with 2088 views18StoneOfHoop

I {seem to} remember Somerset having a slightly barmy go at the way Dave Thomas sells AKUTR's some time back . He was going to complain to the club about that too but this here is a new low of a totally different order.{Later addition to this post: might well have got my west country counties mixed up there as Northernr indicates in the next post.}
{All the same} Erik Breivik style loathsome intolerance of Down's Syndrome parents?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Is this the end? on 00:33 - Feb 27 with 2076 viewsNorthernr

Is this the end? on 00:28 - Feb 27 by 18StoneOfHoop

I {seem to} remember Somerset having a slightly barmy go at the way Dave Thomas sells AKUTR's some time back . He was going to complain to the club about that too but this here is a new low of a totally different order.{Later addition to this post: might well have got my west country counties mixed up there as Northernr indicates in the next post.}
{All the same} Erik Breivik style loathsome intolerance of Down's Syndrome parents?

I think that was Gloucs having a go at DT if I remember rightly. Like I say easy mistake to make to start with on this occasion but for the love of God acknowledge the mistake and leave it alone now.
Is this the end? on 00:45 - Feb 27 with 2063 viewsSonofNorfolt

When I first read this I thought that it must be the Fulham suicide squad and help yourself to a right hander Cottager, but F'in hell, handicapped kids families, get a grip. Admittedly they should have been tickets elsewhere but even so, THINK first.

On the way out, all I saw were the World Melting Champions in prime form.
Is this the end? on 07:08 - Feb 27 with 2024 viewsQPeteR

Is this the end? on 00:15 - Feb 27 by Northernr

If they were parents and helpers with a Downs Syndrome team that's exactly what you should have done FFS. My God we're in danger of reaching a new low on this thread now. Easy mistake to make initially, understandably pissed off to start with, but now the real reason for them being there has come out I think it's time for "sorry, my mistake, move on."

Hey Clive, don't get me wrong I was there early enough to see who they were and why they were there, others were not and as such the stewards (or more importantly the supervisors, who can at least hold a conversation) without explaining who or why they were there, looking more to throw out our fans rather than deal with the situation properly.

The fact it was allowed to happen the way it did was just QPR all over and I felt more sorry for those kids and their parents, of which some left pretty sharpish after half time, for some of the abuse they took from the fans that didn't know who they were. The club should never have put them in that situation in the first place.

They normally put the Tiger cubs in this area and this was the worst organised it has ever been despite there seeming to be more QPR staff about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024