Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Outside view of Four Year Plan 22:59 - Mar 9 with 3243 viewscanaryfan

As a Norwich fan, I watched with interest the Four Year Plan, and just thought I'd post an outsiders view.

I honestly could not believe what I was watching at times. Fascinating, painful, entertaining, yet ultimately disturbing. However many clowns like Briatore are in our game? The utter disrespect, self-aggrandising, and disgusting treatment of managers, fans and club was abhorrent. Yes, i support my team home and away, and appreciate the rivalries within the game, but at the end of the day we all understand what supporting a club is about. That's why I found it so disturbing, watching somebody rich and ruthless treat decent people like insects, and wondering just how many cretins like him are about.

A few years ago we had a chairman, Robert Chase, who nearly ruined Norwich. He was a local businessman, thick as shit, but rich, who had no regard for the fans. He thought we were vermin, despite the fact that we are the heart, soul, past and future of any club. I heard a Neanderthal chairman from Bournemouth swearing and blasting on 606 last week, with no regard for anyone due to the control he obviously enjoys down there. What use is the test for ownership these days? A Fit and Proper Person test that lets in a Fat and Proper Pillock.

I even found myself feeling sorry for Jim Magilton FFS (ex 1p5wich). Watching ultimately decent men like Dowie and Sousa being undermined yet having to toe the line because their clueless bosses were in charge was humiliating, and I think they handled it pretty well under the circumstances. I thought Warnock came out of it with tremendous credit, presumably because his wiser years had experienced clowns like FB elsewhere.

However, the most excruciating bit for me was watching FB's altercation with some fans after the booing incident. Watching him threaten to take his money away, and watching true supporters grovel and fawn, saying how much they loved him, in case he took it all away. The sheer desperation of fans who are willing to sacrifice all dignity to pander to a egotistical, power crazed bully. And I am not mocking them, in the same situation I expect most fans of most clubs would act exactly the same. It's like begging a wife not to leave you, or a boss not to sack you, except it MEANS MUCH MORE.

Anyway, the important thing that came out of the documentary for me, is the appreciation of having decent owners. 3 years ago when NCFC went into league 1 there were some people calling for Delia and her husband to resign and let a rich benefactor "save" the club. That lot from Suffolk got a sugar daddy in and we were jealous. Blackburn got their wish, Liverpool got Hicks and Gillette. Portsmouth may get much much less. The desperation for success and/or survival makes us sacrifice a lot of morals. However, what is evident, is that Amit has the club at heart. TF likewise seems to have fallen in love with his club and to be in it for the long haul. And whilst I genuinely hope Rangers stay up this year, as I always enjoy trips to Loftus Rd and have always seen you as a "proper" club, more important than the division any team plays in is having someone at the top who cares.
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:05 - Mar 9 with 3227 viewsBazWoT

No, you saw one bloke saying he loved him and he loves everyone, until you upset him, then he kills you.

He is not a representation of our fanbase, behave.

Not a bad post but you couldn't resist it could you.

Brush, tar, no.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:06 - Mar 9 with 3221 viewsactonman

mate, that 4 years is just the tip of the iceberg compared to the sh!t we have had thrown at us for the past 15 - 20 years.

infact i would go to say that was probably the better years
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:09 - Mar 9 with 3211 viewsNorthernr

Firstly I remember being at Carrow Road during the 'Chase out' campaigns. We had something similar at the time with Richard Thompson - men who for all their apparent business acumen didn't recognise that the Premiership money was about to get seriously big and you either had to be there or get left behind. A real shame for both clubs because both had excellent teams in 92/93/94 that would have only needed a couple of additions to be challenging for the cups and more.

Secondly, that one bloke outside the ground shouting "we love you Flavio" *edit* doesn't do himself many favours* edit. Every club has them. Drive past Loftus Road at 1pm on a Saturday and there's a little group of them, grown men waiting for the players to arrive to ask them to sign the same photographs every week. It's embarrassing, but I'll bet if I drove past Carrow Road at 1pm on a Saturday there would be the same window lickers there. Don't judge a society by its most extreme elements.

Thirdly, I'm hoping that film will dispel the myth among Norwich fans, and others, that QPR only won the league last year because of their rich owners. In many ways Warnock won that league in spite of them, not because of them.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:21 - Mar 9 with 3181 viewsFDC

The guy he's on about is pretty embarrassing to be fair. He pops up on that video the club did a while back. He posts nonsense on WART I think.

Here it is, 0.55 outside the Springbok, same bloke?

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:25 - Mar 9 with 3163 viewsBazWoT

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:21 - Mar 9 by FDC

The guy he's on about is pretty embarrassing to be fair. He pops up on that video the club did a while back. He posts nonsense on WART I think.

Here it is, 0.55 outside the Springbok, same bloke?

Indeed, named and shamed, as it were, on another thread.

Don't ask for names of everyone in that video either.

Tell you what though, prefer him with me rather than against me.

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:30 - Mar 9 with 3151 viewscanaryfan

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:05 - Mar 9 by BazWoT

No, you saw one bloke saying he loved him and he loves everyone, until you upset him, then he kills you.

He is not a representation of our fanbase, behave.

Not a bad post but you couldn't resist it could you.

Brush, tar, no.

I wasn't actually suggesting he was representative of an entire fan base. I appreciate that things had turned against FB by then. I just genuinely could understand the guy's panic that the money could be taken away, and therefore the chance of long term success etc. I just cannot stand bullying, and watching FB preying on someone's fears I found uncomfortable.

And in response to NorthernR, yes it probably has made me see your promotion in a slightly different light. I was never one of those that thought you should suffer any point deduction, and that you deserved the title for being the better team in the division all season. I also think that the documentary showed the Faurlin case to be ridiculously overblown, and wondered if it was just an excuse to try and find something to bring down the owners. Yes, I was unaware of just how much chaos there was behind the scenes, and to get promoted with all that going on was a hell of an achievement really.

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:37 - Mar 9 with 3133 viewsFDC

I don't think (DexterForEngland / Superkat ?) is being bullied, I think he's just a bit daft.
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:42 - Mar 9 with 3121 viewsFDC

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:30 - Mar 9 by canaryfan

I wasn't actually suggesting he was representative of an entire fan base. I appreciate that things had turned against FB by then. I just genuinely could understand the guy's panic that the money could be taken away, and therefore the chance of long term success etc. I just cannot stand bullying, and watching FB preying on someone's fears I found uncomfortable.

And in response to NorthernR, yes it probably has made me see your promotion in a slightly different light. I was never one of those that thought you should suffer any point deduction, and that you deserved the title for being the better team in the division all season. I also think that the documentary showed the Faurlin case to be ridiculously overblown, and wondered if it was just an excuse to try and find something to bring down the owners. Yes, I was unaware of just how much chaos there was behind the scenes, and to get promoted with all that going on was a hell of an achievement really.

Actually I think the general feeling amongst QPR supporters is that we got away with it on the Faurlin thing. Paladini was widely regarded as fcking plum and a liability. The fact that he was involved had most of us resigned to the club no doubt being guilty of something or other from early on.
Login to get fewer ads

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:45 - Mar 9 with 3118 viewsW7Ranger

Good post fella.
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:51 - Mar 9 with 3105 viewsBazWoT

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:30 - Mar 9 by canaryfan

Fair enough, apologies to you sir, I may have unwittingly lumbered you into the small group that have visited before. Clearly you are not, I hope, one of those that were bent on our destruction and as you say and saw, we most cetainly did not buy the Football League Championship, about time really as the scouse stole it from us in '76 You may have a similar tale, good luck to you sir.

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 00:12 - Mar 10 with 3088 viewscanaryfan

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 23:51 - Mar 9 by BazWoT

Fair enough, apologies to you sir, I may have unwittingly lumbered you into the small group that have visited before. Clearly you are not, I hope, one of those that were bent on our destruction and as you say and saw, we most cetainly did not buy the Football League Championship, about time really as the scouse stole it from us in '76 You may have a similar tale, good luck to you sir.

Believe me, I think it was a tiny minority of our fans that wanted you to lose points, but probably the majority of those thought it might be fun to appear on forums. I don't think Lambert did himself any favours by his comments either about winning things. For me, our promotion last season couldn't have been any better, regardless of whether finishing 1st, 2nd or going up in the playoffs. The prize is the same, and the best team gets the silverware on top. And whilst I know there is some anti-Norwich feeling in parts, I think that our clubs have had similar fortunes over the years. Years of suffering, punctuated by the odd cup run, promotion, relegation, crap managers, false hopes etc. Give me that any day over the Mancs, Scouse or Chelski. That's why I hope us, you and Swans all stay up and prosper. Here's hoping the Bolton who played us last month turn up tomorrow. By far the worst team we've played this season. Twice.
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 00:28 - Mar 10 with 3077 viewsBazWoT

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 00:12 - Mar 10 by canaryfan

Believe me, I think it was a tiny minority of our fans that wanted you to lose points, but probably the majority of those thought it might be fun to appear on forums. I don't think Lambert did himself any favours by his comments either about winning things. For me, our promotion last season couldn't have been any better, regardless of whether finishing 1st, 2nd or going up in the playoffs. The prize is the same, and the best team gets the silverware on top. And whilst I know there is some anti-Norwich feeling in parts, I think that our clubs have had similar fortunes over the years. Years of suffering, punctuated by the odd cup run, promotion, relegation, crap managers, false hopes etc. Give me that any day over the Mancs, Scouse or Chelski. That's why I hope us, you and Swans all stay up and prosper. Here's hoping the Bolton who played us last month turn up tomorrow. By far the worst team we've played this season. Twice.

Cheers for that, you have redeemed your club and fans in my eyes. I do agree with your comments on our respective clubs. I don't even blame you for '76, it was simply the cheating thieving scousers. I enjoyed your european forays, even the larey kit .

I do hope we all stay up, obviously. us being the only one that might not though eh, although Swansea might not feel overly comfortable.

Hopefully this sensible banter can continue next season with us both in the same division.

We have spent a few bob now though, by comparison.

I would add, I'm not a lover of Lambert, at all.

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 00:57 - Mar 10 with 3058 viewsJuzzie

Cheers canary. Maybe fans of other clubs can also understand why we were mightily peeved Warnock didn't win Manager of The Season.

Winning the title with not the big sums the media, including the BBC, assumed and portayed but also having to put up with the utter fukwits of the owners.

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 01:38 - Mar 10 with 3032 viewscanaryfan

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 00:57 - Mar 10 by Juzzie

Cheers canary. Maybe fans of other clubs can also understand why we were mightily peeved Warnock didn't win Manager of The Season.

Winning the title with not the big sums the media, including the BBC, assumed and portayed but also having to put up with the utter fukwits of the owners.

Yes I could understand that now. I must admit that I never used to really have much time for NW, as always found his attitude towards other teams a bit ungracious, or making excuses, blaming officials etc. However, I could see that it was possibly a siege mentality he used to try and adopt at clubs to motivate and protect his own players.

I am prepared to hold my hands up now and say I really warmed to him. Faced with the ridiculous interference (though I think Amit's influence was having greater bearing last season) he seemed to take it all in his stride, appeared accommodating to the bosses, whilst also managing to instil belief and organisation to the side. Also, what really impressed me was how he always had time for a chat with the fans, prepared to spend a few seconds posing for photos, signing autographs etc even when pressed for time. To me, THAT is the measure of a person.

So yes, he did a top job last season, and I wouldn't have had any complaints if he'd won manager of the season. Lambert did an amazing job winning back to back promotions with relatively little funds, after inheriting a shambles of loanees and players in a comfort zone. My personal view is that they gave him the award because he hadn't won any manager of the month awards (and I believe the sane thing happened in League 1 the year before, no MOM but MOY) so they wanted to recognise him in that manner. Maybe there was some politics involved, maybe NW was regarded as a bit anti-establishment etc, who knows?
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 01:51 - Mar 10 with 3021 viewsDaiHo0p

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 02:18 - Mar 10 with 3007 viewsSonofNorfolt

Normally I'd jump down the throat of a post like this BUT,

this chap seems erudite & not all patronising, so fair play Canary.

However, please punch Bradley Johnson hard in the face. It'll make me feel better.
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 09:25 - Mar 10 with 2920 viewsShotKneesHoop

I'm an R's fan now living between King's Lynn and Swaffham, so I can see both view points. A couple of years ago, Norwich were just as badly run as QPR were. Last year we had the opportunity to establish ourselves in the premier. But with Tango coming back to become Il Duce after we had become champions managed to screw any chance of that happening by refusing to allow any money to be spent on new players for key positions. Lambert kept his squad intact, unfortunately Neil acted like a kid in a sweet shop and made a number of high profile acquisitions which have not worked. The result is that Norwich have a stability that we don't have, and they have a ground they can add another tier to the main stand in the summer, to get another 7000 in. Unfortunately, they still have that stupid on the ball city song.
The shame is that we could be in that position if we had just held our nerve. They had Delia, we had Tango.

As the film only refers to three years. It would've been interesting to have filmed this year too. It would have shown up Tango and Cash in an even worse light but also focused on the demise of the Gianni the Greasy Waiter. Unforgivable scumbags. I hope they don't haunt me today at the Reebock, when I run the risk of another disappointment whilst Norwich can switch off tomorrow knowing they are guaranteed another year in the Premier, we are staring down the barrel.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 10:03 - Mar 10 with 2871 viewsW12_Ranger

"However, the most excruciating bit for me was watching FB's altercation with some fans after the booing incident. Watching him threaten to take his money away, and watching true supporters grovel and fawn, saying how much they loved him, in case he took it all away."

If you couldn't tell that the fan in question wasn't a window licker then you have issues.

Can't help thinking your whole post was based around slipping this comment in.
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 10:11 - Mar 10 with 2859 viewskingsburyR

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 00:12 - Mar 10 by canaryfan

Hang on, What cup run.

Getting to the third round of the FA cup is a cup run to us!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 10:24 - Mar 10 with 2842 viewsBluce_Ree

Good post, Canary chap.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 10:42 - Mar 10 with 2812 viewsBrightonhoop

Good post canary.
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 11:06 - Mar 10 with 2782 viewsSnipper

canaryfan, that was a good post fella. I think Neil Warnock is an absolute legend for getting us anywhere near promotion last season with all the shenanigans going on around him. I can see why Paul Lambert was given Manager of the Season, what with the two promotions on the trot, but Warnock should have got the accolade as the film proved what went on behind the scenes.

In my spare time last season and this season, I've had a browse on the pink'un messageboard. The hatred shown to QPR is amazing, even now. Practically all the posters on that board wanted a points deduction last season and that we had cheated. The team that had most to gain at the time, Cardiff City, the majority of their fans on messageboards didn't want a points deduction as we'd done it fair and square. So, with the way your lot are still carrying on, coupled with the job your team done on Joey Barton, I've grown a pathological hatred of Norwich. Yes, I respect what you've achieved since getting relegated to League One, but the class shown by some of your fans leaves a lot to be desired.

You seem like a good bloke canaryfan. It's just a pity there's not more like you.
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 12:33 - Mar 10 with 2705 viewsr66

Outside view of Four Year Plan on 10:03 - Mar 10 by W12_Ranger

"However, the most excruciating bit for me was watching FB's altercation with some fans after the booing incident. Watching him threaten to take his money away, and watching true supporters grovel and fawn, saying how much they loved him, in case he took it all away."

If you couldn't tell that the fan in question wasn't a window licker then you have issues.

Can't help thinking your whole post was based around slipping this comment in.

Having seen 'canary' post on here before, he shows the logic and balance that so many football fans lack as is exemplified by w12 Ranger's comment!!
Outside view of Four Year Plan on 13:12 - Mar 10 with 2673 viewsJuzzie

I can't agree with giving any Manager 'Manager of the Year' just becuase they never won Manager of the Month at any point. Give Lambert Manager of the Month for May and Warnock Manager of the season for what he achieved.

Back-to-back promotions? Irrelevant what happened the season before, it's about what happened that season. All season we put up with opposition fans going on about Warnock but I can honestly only think of one, maybe two, occasions where his reputation caught up with him. Most of the time I thought he was level headed and gracious. But I guess it's easy to be like that when you're at the top.
IMO his 'reputation' went gainst him when it came to the award.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024