Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan 16:53 - Apr 22 with 4649 viewsEltham_Ranger

just found this, sour grapes or what?

On a side note I've been wondering why the home fans are such disgraceful gunts and booed us for 90 minutes. Done a Google search and found lots of teams have found the same thing, they just got booed constantly for 90 minutes, home fans refusing to throw the ball back, or throwing it far away from the player, etc. Listening to it was doing my head in. It's like they've decided to be a mini-Millwall because they know their team isn't very good.

Awful negative atmosphere and if I was a QPR player I'd think my own team's fans were a bunch of miserable tw@ts.
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 21:54 - Apr 22 with 1253 viewsNorthernr

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 21:07 - Apr 22 by LoftusR

If the crown was anything to go by then we should kick off each game about 10.30........pm on Saturday

I couldn't actually see straight by then so it would present logistical issues!
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 22:00 - Apr 22 with 1236 viewsthemodfather

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 21:54 - Apr 22 by Northernr

WELL DONE ALL QPR FANS, we played our part and if it rattles these prima donnas then good....
amit wanted the place rocking and it is....we've rattled most of the big teams except man utd at ours, only cos they scored so early, knocked us for 10 methinks.
our "friends" stoke next......oh yes...
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 22:47 - Apr 22 with 1177 viewshoof_hearted

Stoke is a lovely friendly ground these days. We are hell on earth for the prima donnas.

I just watched the ESPN coverage and Fan Der Faart held up pretty well under intense pressure at the corners. Parker lost his rag superbly and ended up looking a knob after trying to get Ned sent off. Fair play to Pratenburg for not getting suckered.

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 22:51 - Apr 22 with 1173 viewssmegma

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 22:47 - Apr 22 by hoof_hearted

Stoke is a lovely friendly ground these days. We are hell on earth for the prima donnas.

I just watched the ESPN coverage and Fan Der Faart held up pretty well under intense pressure at the corners. Parker lost his rag superbly and ended up looking a knob after trying to get Ned sent off. Fair play to Pratenburg for not getting suckered.

Fair play to Pratenburg ?????
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 22:56 - Apr 22 with 1154 viewshoof_hearted

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 22:51 - Apr 22 by smegma

Fair play to Pratenburg ?????

Just that one time...
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 00:10 - Apr 23 with 1078 viewsBluce_Ree

Spurs are fk all.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 00:12 - Apr 23 with 1075 viewsspencer

Great atmosphere...It lifts our team and makes the opposition a little nervy.

When you have the refs in your pockets all the time, teams like us need an edge.

Loved the singing yesterday....disrupting the play is vital....it's not a case of no one likes us.

For 90 minutes on a saturday afternoon, i want my team to win.It's very important that football fans play their part at games.I am not going to sit through 90 mins of football quietly clapping here and there.Especially when we have linesmen people who cannot keep up with play.

As a footnote....sitting on the tube going back to Kings Cross station...i chatted with a couple of Spud fans...

On the pitch they thought we were very well organised....off the pitch...They always like coming to our ground because of the atmosphere and liked the aggressive singing by our fans.
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 00:25 - Apr 23 with 1060 viewsKiwi76

Loftus Rd looked and sounded pretty bloody good from 12,000 miles away!
Login to get fewer ads

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 03:06 - Apr 23 with 1013 viewsDylanP

I think that QPR has always been a club that opposition fans quite like -- kind of like a harmless younger brother. The older fans remember the silk skills of the 70s or the Sir Les era and have a soft spot for us. Then they come to Loftus Road and are shock NAY SHOCKED at the utter hostility. It is totally funny.

There is no doubt in my mind that the atmosphere played a huge part n the 3 points against the Scum and again in the 3 points yesterday. When we stay up, the proverbial 12th man will have definitely played its part. The delicate constitution of the divisions prima donnas just isn't up to the barrage of venom that they catch walking out onto the Loftus Road pitch.

Well done to all the fans yesterday. Absolutely priceless.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 03:23 - Apr 23 with 1010 viewsRangersAreBack

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 20:56 - Apr 22 by Vish

I've just got around to watching MOTD and the comments from Hansen about communication casing Tottenham to be on the back foot, in my opinion, were wrong. Tottenham were on the back foot and were rushed because of the hostile atmosphere we created. The players done their bit by chasing down balls and the crowd added to that pressure.

I thought the fans played a huge part in the 3 points yesterday.

Agreed.

I've never known a season where so many things have conspired against us (whether QPR's fault or not) and my nerves have been so shredded.

Despite all the disagreements, the fans and the club have come together at precisely the right point and there's a real siege mentality at Loftus Road.

There will be an enourmous amount of joy and satisfaction if we do pull through.
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 03:31 - Apr 23 with 1007 viewsDylanP

Poking around one of the Spurs messageboards, I found this post from before yesterday's game:

"Got to say that I simply cannot see us prevailing this weekend. That is not to say it won't and can't happen but I just think we lack the tools to do the job. It will be another obvious line-up. One that is known to us before the game starts apart from the defence where its anyone's guess in central defence.

We will once again play a tiring Ekotto and Walker (unbelievably we have no choice unless we play Rose), an ineffective Modric, have Parker doing too much, Adebayor, dependent on mood, doing everything but score and Bale? Not sure what more Bale can do, who for me, alongside Parker would have to be outside of criticism for our dramatic loss of form.

We lack a physical edge but worse than that we have a manager who keeps playing players who are out of form in the HOPE that they can turn it round.

QPR are a good side at home but not with better individual players but I don't believe we possess the necessary physicality or mentality to overcome a team that are good at home and will come at us like a train.

And you just know Zamora will have a good game, alongside the returning Cisse.

It is increasingly looking like a season of lost opportunity."

In response, another Spurs fan posted:

"I would imagine it would be 4-4-2 with Hughes making sure they go for it. The one problem Hughes faces is whether he starts with the maverick that is Taraabt as opposed to the recidivist Cisse.

I just think Zamora nearly always plays well against us and he will inspire QPR to victory but more to the point I cannot see anyone who pulls it round for us, unless you have a suggestion?"

NAIL! HEAD! HIT!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 06:55 - Apr 23 with 986 viewstimcocking

Our atmosphere at the moment is absolutely magnificent. I love Loftus Road.
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 07:09 - Apr 23 with 977 viewsBlackCrowe

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 21:54 - Apr 22 by Northernr

I pitched up to the Crown at about 3pm.... think I was the only sober person in there. Very funny.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 09:45 - Apr 23 with 879 viewsnadera78

I've always disliked Spurs. Delusions of grandeur, expectations way above anything they've ever achieved, and they cheated us out of a place in the Football League in 1908. That last point is the one that really gets to me.
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 09:51 - Apr 23 with 869 viewsade_qpr

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 09:45 - Apr 23 by nadera78

I've always disliked Spurs. Delusions of grandeur, expectations way above anything they've ever achieved, and they cheated us out of a place in the Football League in 1908. That last point is the one that really gets to me.

on your last point and don't forget nicking our FA Cup in 82.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 10:04 - Apr 23 with 824 viewsN12Hoop

The big test is whether, whatever division we are in, and no matter who the oppostion is, we can create this type of intimidating atmosphere. I suspect not, but if we can Loftus Road would be a fortress. Maybe the club should supply the fans with unlimited free beer, that would help.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 11:13 - Apr 23 with 763 viewsbenbu

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 17:03 - Apr 22 by ade_qpr

toughen up princess

made me brilliant one line
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 11:17 - Apr 23 with 759 viewsbenbu

To the Spurs Gimp who wrote this...

If you want a pleasant happy day out -go and watch Rugby Union or a day at the test match you sad pr!ck. Moaning about a crowd booing your team, you've come to a ground with a proper atmosphere with genuine passionate fans, if you dont want to see this travel to Liverpool or Fulham to watch your football you idiot.

Maybe when we score next time we should stand politely, clap hands and not jump around and go crazy. lets make it a club rugby union atmopshere guys!
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 15:54 - Apr 23 with 654 viewsW7Ranger

HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 11:17 - Apr 23 by benbu

To the Spurs Gimp who wrote this...

If you want a pleasant happy day out -go and watch Rugby Union or a day at the test match you sad pr!ck. Moaning about a crowd booing your team, you've come to a ground with a proper atmosphere with genuine passionate fans, if you dont want to see this travel to Liverpool or Fulham to watch your football you idiot.

Maybe when we score next time we should stand politely, clap hands and not jump around and go crazy. lets make it a club rugby union atmopshere guys!

It's a good honest post from a Spuds fan. He's playing us a compliment.

Fair play to him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
HQ atmosphere from a Spurs fan on 16:59 - Apr 23 with 583 viewsstansleftfoot

I was taken to White Hart Lane in the late 60's and early 70's and have been once or twice every year since.
My first visit was Roger Morgans debut in 1968 and i sat with my God Father who had fallen for Spurs after the 1961 Double teams successes.
I was only 13 and had to ask what all the booing and complaints where about?
Fred, my God Father, said its the Spurs Fans, son, they are booing their own Club , they always do it!
Never did understand but it still goes on to this day.....Sad, Bitter, and arrogant!
Loftus Road fans and the players terrified Spurs for about twenty minutes in the first half, Brad Friedel look liked he had lost his wits and then the free kick came....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024