Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 48089 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 02:44 - Jul 8 with 7101 viewsSonofNorfolt

The sooner it is over and done with the better, a media circus.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:20 - Jul 8 with 7049 viewsWatford_Ranger

I reckon he'll be let off.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:26 - Jul 8 with 7042 viewsClive_Anderson

I can't stand John Terry obviously, but all he was really doing was muttering stuff to himself that no one else heard.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:31 - Jul 8 with 7036 viewsfinney

i thought he was mouthing off racist stuff ? in someones face that they missed but the camera picked up or did i get that wrong?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:48 - Jul 8 with 7001 viewsexiled_dictator

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:20 - Jul 8 by Watford_Ranger

I reckon he'll be let off.

Agreed.

He is too high profile a figure for anybody to really do what is necessary.
This country is fundamentally racist from top to bottom, and is simply not ready to make the necessary changes that will allow ethnic minorities to live normal day to day lives in peace & security.
I see this every single day, and have suffered it for years and years.
Nobody cares if John Terry is found guilty or not outside footballing circles where opposing fans hate him.
Why did we have to wait for so long for the trial to begin?
To allow him to represent his country with pride at the European Football Championships.
And having represented England, there is absolutely no possible way he can be found guilty of anything. There will be insufficient evidence, nothing is clear, Anton Ferdinand himself did not hear the remark; you name it, it will be discussed & dismissed in court, and Terry will walk out with his head held high having been found not guilty of anything vaguely racist. The matter will have been 'dealt' with, and we will be forced to move swiftly on.
There will be no justice for Anton, Terry will be totally clear of any wrong doing and we will all return to where we were before.

The whole thing already stinks of cover up, shady deals made behind closed doors & simply allowing people to continue with their skewed views of people with different origins, race, colour or religion.

I say again, the deal has already been done, and John Terry will be found not guilty of anything wrong. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just plain misguided.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:52 - Jul 8 with 6993 viewsVish

Suarez was found guilty, when similar to this case when nobody else heard anything.

You can bet Terry will be found not guilty due to a lack of evidence (lip reading wont be enough)

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:55 - Jul 8 with 6987 viewsWatford_Ranger

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:52 - Jul 8 by Vish

Suarez was found guilty, when similar to this case when nobody else heard anything.

You can bet Terry will be found not guilty due to a lack of evidence (lip reading wont be enough)

Suarez was found guilty by the FA's kangaroo court. If it had been assessed by a proper court there's no chance he'd have been found guilty on the basis of one man's word against another's.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:06 - Jul 8 with 6974 viewsexiled_dictator

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:55 - Jul 8 by Watford_Ranger

Suarez was found guilty by the FA's kangaroo court. If it had been assessed by a proper court there's no chance he'd have been found guilty on the basis of one man's word against another's.

Plus Suarez is a foreigner, and not the darling of English football.
Totally different rules.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:27 - Jul 8 with 6942 viewsSpiritofGregory

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 02:44 - Jul 8 by SonofNorfolt

The sooner it is over and done with the better, a media circus.

Agreed, we don't need interuptions to our preparations for the coming season.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:27 - Jul 8 with 6941 viewsToast_R

"This country is fundamentally racist from top to bottom, and is simply not ready to make the necessary changes that will allow ethnic minorities to live normal day to day lives in peace & security".

If you are referring to the UK with that statement I could not agree with you less.

Bend over backwards to accommdate ethnic minorities and I would like to see any other country in the world that is better at that then the UK.

Try and set up a Christian Community in the Middle East and see how far you get. This country should be proud of what I would say is one of the most tolerant cultures in the world.

There maybe some institutions that don't deal with alleged racist with perhaps the intensity many would expect but then they are bad at dealing with any incidents that happen to reflect badly on them.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:27 - Jul 8 with 6939 viewsClive_Anderson

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:31 - Jul 8 by finney

i thought he was mouthing off racist stuff ? in someones face that they missed but the camera picked up or did i get that wrong?

I thought no one heard anything at the time as he was a fair distance away, but it was just picked up on camera. Could be wrong.

Saying the wrong thing nowadays is worse than actually doing someone physical harm.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:14 - Jul 8 with 6889 viewsPeterHucker

Nail him up I say. Nail some sense into him.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:37 - Jul 8 with 6852 viewsfinney

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:27 - Jul 8 by Clive_Anderson

I thought no one heard anything at the time as he was a fair distance away, but it was just picked up on camera. Could be wrong.

Saying the wrong thing nowadays is worse than actually doing someone physical harm.

what do you mean
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:38 - Jul 8 with 6846 viewsdaveB

didn't a few people go to prison over racist comments on twitter.

he'll get off, the evidence is clear, we all saw what he said we all know but he'll have a top legal team and they'll work their magic
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:51 - Jul 8 with 6822 viewsClive_Anderson

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:37 - Jul 8 by finney

what do you mean

It seems worse to say something offensive than say elbow someone in the face on purpose. Rooney got away with just that against Wigan a while back I seem to remember.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:14 - Jul 8 with 6781 viewsfinney

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:51 - Jul 8 by Clive_Anderson

It seems worse to say something offensive than say elbow someone in the face on purpose. Rooney got away with just that against Wigan a while back I seem to remember.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

So are you saying it is ok to to do what Terry goes to court for?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:17 - Jul 8 with 6775 viewsClive_Anderson

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:14 - Jul 8 by finney

So are you saying it is ok to to do what Terry goes to court for?

No it's not ok, it's a c@nts trick.

But not worse than purposely elbowing someone in the face IMO. Don't think either should end up in court.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:20 - Jul 8 with 6770 viewsNorthernr

He'll be convicted of being famous i.e. let off. I gave up on the legal system's ability to try such things fairly when Richard Madeley got off with shoplifting despite being caught red handed in the Tesco car park with a load of champagne he hadn't paid for. I'm sure I'd have been let off too with the "I forgot to pay" excuse. yeh right.

The Suarez thing is irrelevant. That was the FA and a toothy Uruguayan, this is captain, leader, legend John.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:37 - Jul 8 with 6751 viewsfinney

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:17 - Jul 8 by Clive_Anderson

No it's not ok, it's a c@nts trick.

But not worse than purposely elbowing someone in the face IMO. Don't think either should end up in court.

I know PC gone mad you can't burn witches,tar and feather or hang anyone country has gone mad!

And yes what he done was bad he should go to court and get done and then hang the fecker
Does not matter that he did not beat him up as well.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:57 - Jul 8 with 6725 viewsNorthLondonR

I hope he gets run over whilst crossing the road
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:00 - Jul 8 with 6716 viewshamptonhillhoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:38 - Jul 8 by daveB

didn't a few people go to prison over racist comments on twitter.

he'll get off, the evidence is clear, we all saw what he said we all know but he'll have a top legal team and they'll work their magic

I agree with this to a certain extent, you'll have top QC's representing people at Magistrates Court which doesn't happen very often. On the other side though, the cps will not want to lose this one and will have their top people involved. Plus it will be decided by a district judge who will actually listen to the evidence rather than a jury who are swayed by personality
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:33 - Jul 8 with 6675 viewsClive_Anderson

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:37 - Jul 8 by finney

I know PC gone mad you can't burn witches,tar and feather or hang anyone country has gone mad!

And yes what he done was bad he should go to court and get done and then hang the fecker
Does not matter that he did not beat him up as well.

Maybe you're right.

I just get the feeling that if you do anything that allows you to be labelled 'racist' then that's it, your life is over, no matter how minor the offence was.

Whereas you can do far worse things that don't have that label and it's not really a problem.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:51 - Jul 8 with 6639 viewsfinney

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:33 - Jul 8 by Clive_Anderson

Maybe you're right.

I just get the feeling that if you do anything that allows you to be labelled 'racist' then that's it, your life is over, no matter how minor the offence was.

Whereas you can do far worse things that don't have that label and it's not really a problem.

well after being called an irish cxxt once and spat in the face i can tell ya it's not that great.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:11 - Jul 8 with 6611 viewsClive_Anderson

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:51 - Jul 8 by finney

well after being called an irish cxxt once and spat in the face i can tell ya it's not that great.

Well that's terrible. But linking that incident to John Terry is what I was getting at.

Because he is now labelled a 'racist' he's associated with all previous racist incidents no matter how much more serious they were.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:44 - Jul 8 with 6580 viewsBrightonhoop

There is no way he will be convicted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024