Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth FC 16:13 - Jul 12 with 5065 viewsE17hoop

Apparently the Football League says they can start in L1 but will have to accept 10pt penalty & must pay football creditors in full - another relegation?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Portsmouth FC on 16:15 - Jul 12 with 2435 viewsdaveB

bloody hell they seem to start every season like this, can't the football league just give them a break, two relegations is more than enough
Portsmouth FC on 16:20 - Jul 12 with 2390 viewsNorthernr

They're doing to them what they did to Luton i.e. persecuting them down the conference so they become somebody else's problem.
Portsmouth FC on 16:22 - Jul 12 with 2380 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Portsmouth FC on 16:20 - Jul 12 by Northernr

They're doing to them what they did to Luton i.e. persecuting them down the conference so they become somebody else's problem.

Except with Luton it was funny!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Portsmouth FC on 16:24 - Jul 12 with 2362 viewsNorthernr

Portsmouth FC on 16:22 - Jul 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Except with Luton it was funny!

True!
Portsmouth FC on 16:26 - Jul 12 with 2342 viewsheadhoops

Its not funny if they keep going into administration and they owe you money.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Portsmouth FC on 16:29 - Jul 12 with 2316 viewsJamie

Portsmouth FC on 16:20 - Jul 12 by Northernr

The league's hand is tied somewhat by the fact that the club is in a horrific state. 10 players at present with 4 of those set to leave and no goalkeeper amongst them, 3p/£1 CVA trundling through slower than Bob Malcolm, an owner with no intention of spending a penny more than is needed to keep them alive, no assets and as things stand, little prospect of finding a new owner.

Shit for the fans, no doubt about it, but worse for the staff laid off at businesses robbed of 97p/£1 on work they did in good faith.

In any other walk of the business world, the company wouldve been long since liquidated.
Portsmouth FC on 16:29 - Jul 12 with 2315 viewsderbyhoop

Appleton, the manager, was saying they only had 8 players for start of training. And he expected most of those to be sold before the season started. Nor can he sign any players to supplement/replace those.

They could be starting with a virtual Youth team and a 10 point penalty. To all intents and purposes they are bust.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Portsmouth FC on 16:35 - Jul 12 with 2274 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Portsmouth FC on 16:26 - Jul 12 by headhoops

Its not funny if they keep going into administration and they owe you money.

True, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth FC on 16:36 - Jul 12 with 2269 viewsTrance_Trousers

Breaks my heart with what is going on down there.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Portsmouth FC on 16:36 - Jul 12 with 2257 viewsJamie

Portsmouth FC on 16:29 - Jul 12 by derbyhoop

Appleton, the manager, was saying they only had 8 players for start of training. And he expected most of those to be sold before the season started. Nor can he sign any players to supplement/replace those.

They could be starting with a virtual Youth team and a 10 point penalty. To all intents and purposes they are bust.

The average student is richer than Pompey. Those lucky devils can afford pot noodles. And baked beans.

Pompey currently have 3 goalkeepers on trial. One from the Conference north, one from the Southern Premier League & one from the Slovenian league. Plus Jon Harley.
Portsmouth FC on 16:38 - Jul 12 with 2251 viewsthehat

Portsmouth FC on 16:29 - Jul 12 by derbyhoop

That was us a few years ago - There but the grace of god and all that!!!
Portsmouth FC on 16:39 - Jul 12 with 2241 viewsE17hoop

Portsmouth FC on 16:38 - Jul 12 by thehat

That was us a few years ago - There but the grace of god and all that!!!

Have a quick look on their first team squad page...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/squad/first-team.aspx

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Portsmouth FC on 16:43 - Jul 12 with 2224 viewsreal_loftus

8 senior players left and they've all got to be sold apparently.

Shocking

ATAF.

Portsmouth FC on 16:43 - Jul 12 with 2224 viewssmegma

Portsmouth FC on 16:29 - Jul 12 by Jamie

The league's hand is tied somewhat by the fact that the club is in a horrific state. 10 players at present with 4 of those set to leave and no goalkeeper amongst them, 3p/£1 CVA trundling through slower than Bob Malcolm, an owner with no intention of spending a penny more than is needed to keep them alive, no assets and as things stand, little prospect of finding a new owner.

Shit for the fans, no doubt about it, but worse for the staff laid off at businesses robbed of 97p/£1 on work they did in good faith.

In any other walk of the business world, the company wouldve been long since liquidated.

They're down to 8 players now.
Portsmouth FC on 16:50 - Jul 12 with 2193 viewsJamie

Portsmouth FC on 16:43 - Jul 12 by smegma

Yeah, just noticed Mullins & Mokoena have left today.
Portsmouth FC on 16:51 - Jul 12 with 2186 viewsjonno

Portsmouth FC on 16:39 - Jul 12 by E17hoop

Is it wrong to laugh? Perhaps they can use some of the ladies team - they won their league last year by the look of it.
Portsmouth FC on 16:51 - Jul 12 with 2182 viewssimmo

I really feel for them, lets hope they have their own Holloway type rag tag squad and enjoy the moments like we did...

That FA cup has set them back 10 years!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Portsmouth FC on 17:04 - Jul 12 with 2145 viewsMattnme

Obviously there is alot wrong with the financial position of the club and how it was repeatedly allowed to happen but I don't see how deducting 10 points can help them change the situation.
I've never agreed with these point deductions. I can see a situation occurring one day where a sh1t team will get promoted because they are the only ones without a points deduction.

Portsmouth FC on 17:11 - Jul 12 with 2105 viewsBlackCrowe

Never been mad on Pompey fans but god i feel for them. They are as good as completely finished unless some unforeseen knight in shining armour comes to their rescue, which given the scale of the mess seems unlikely.

We were and are so so so so lucky and can never take it for granted that the knight in shining armour came our way.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Portsmouth FC on 17:16 - Jul 12 with 2077 viewsWestbourneR

Some decent players in that squad.

So are we all absolutely sure this couldn't happen to us now? It seemd like Gadymak lost interest and suddenly they were screwed.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Portsmouth FC on 17:21 - Jul 12 with 2066 viewsEssex_Ranger

Portsmouth FC on 16:39 - Jul 12 by E17hoop

The irony of that squad list is that it contains Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence. Who should NEVER have been signed in the 1st place on the wages they were and the situation the club was in!
Portsmouth FC on 17:23 - Jul 12 with 2060 viewsJuzzie

Portsmouth FC on 16:43 - Jul 12 by smegma

And two of those are Lawrence and Kitson. Weren' t they brought in on something like 20k+ a week each?

Portsmouth FC on 17:26 - Jul 12 with 2040 viewsTGRRRSSS

Some symp[athy but as usual the footballer creditor rule is a joke, why should Kitson be guranteed his couple of mill salary being backpaid (or whatever it is) whilst some local business goes under cos they can't get say £20K, thats fundementally wrong, and the government need to change the law on this, football is wrong on this point.
I see in part why there law is there but it needs changing somewhere.
Portsmouth FC on 17:26 - Jul 12 with 2040 viewsJamie

Portsmouth FC on 17:23 - Jul 12 by Juzzie

And two of those are Lawrence and Kitson. Weren' t they brought in on something like 20k+ a week each?

I believe it's 20 & 19 respectively.

Ben Haim as well on £36k and happy to see out his contract.
Portsmouth FC on 17:30 - Jul 12 with 2024 viewsTGRRRSSS

Also the FA and FL failed them over proepr persons at least 3 times.
Ali Al Faraj, Sacha Gaydamark and the other guy who's name I've forgotten.
Gaydamark literally went in with the intention of stealing the land around the ground and that was it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024