Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton memories 10:48 - Oct 17 with 2867 viewsNorthernr

We've actually had some right belters with Everton in the last 30 years - and some of our best performances. Obviously the Ferdinand, Sinton, Allen consecutive hat tricks, the hand of Devon White on the last day of the Lower Loft, the 1-0 home win in 1987 that put us top (or second?), the 3-0 a couple of years before that when they were reigning champions I think.

Good omen in the 1991 match as well - won 3-1 after starting the season without a home win in seven and with only one win from the first 12. Barker scored a great goal right at the death.

Memories? At any of these matches? Been a while since we had a decent reminisce about the good old days
Everton memories on 12:31 - Oct 17 with 688 viewsVish

I remember the Hinchcliffe free kick as well. I think it was either really foggy, or pelting it down with rain when he scored that. A real cracker.
Everton memories on 12:36 - Oct 17 with 680 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I just remembered a keeper with knee pads so looked him up and low and behold.

"He made his Premiership debut at the age of 19 on 5 December 1992 in a 3-2 defeat at Queens Park Rangers." It was for Oldham though!

I was there, blimey I remember it clearly. Can you imagine a keeper using knee pads now. Paul Gerrard did of course play for Everton hence me looking him up.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Everton memories on 12:37 - Oct 17 with 678 viewsW7Ranger

Everton memories on 12:36 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

I just remembered a keeper with knee pads so looked him up and low and behold.

"He made his Premiership debut at the age of 19 on 5 December 1992 in a 3-2 defeat at Queens Park Rangers." It was for Oldham though!

I was there, blimey I remember it clearly. Can you imagine a keeper using knee pads now. Paul Gerrard did of course play for Everton hence me looking him up.

Ferdy got 2 that day!
Everton memories on 12:38 - Oct 17 with 678 viewsNorthernr

Everton memories on 12:22 - Oct 17 by W7Ranger

Correct there. Aussie???

Played bloody well an' all!!!

went on to play for many years, against us several times, for Crewe.
Everton memories on 12:44 - Oct 17 with 668 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Everton memories on 12:37 - Oct 17 by W7Ranger

Ferdy got 2 that day!

I think I remember it and Andy Ritchie! Did he score for them?

Everton memories on 12:48 - Oct 17 with 661 viewssexton

Has to be 1975/76.

Everton were a dull, dull, physical side that had ground out a 1-0 win at West Ham in their previous away game. Don Givens scored early on and we annlihilated them!

And here are the goals

Back in those days the BBC2 news on Saturday evening used to show the goals from a game, and as we were just down the road it always seemed to be us!
Everton memories on 13:08 - Oct 17 with 654 viewsW7Ranger

Everton memories on 12:44 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

I think I remember it and Andy Ritchie! Did he score for them?

Neil Adams and Ian Olney were the Scorers for Oldham. Andy Ritchie didn't play, but a certain Graham Sharpe did!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Everton memories on 13:15 - Oct 17 with 648 viewsMytch_QPR

Everton memories on 11:08 - Oct 17 by Northernr

Think they went down to nine men that day. Southall got sent off for handling outside the box, we went 3-0 up and then they brought Stuart Barlow on and got it back to 3-2 at one stage. Sinton got his hat trick goal to seal it 4-2. That might have been Boxing Day actually. Definitely 92/93 season.

'Twas Boxing Day - and very cold in the back row of SAR. I was part of an exclusive group (less than 100, I reckon) who went the away fixture the following season on a Tues night. Steve Yates played as a lone striker in the second half(!!!)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

Everton memories on 13:15 - Oct 17 with 648 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Everton memories on 13:08 - Oct 17 by W7Ranger

Neil Adams and Ian Olney were the Scorers for Oldham. Andy Ritchie didn't play, but a certain Graham Sharpe did!

I remember Sharpe and Olney not Neil Adams. I'm sure Ritchie played must be gettng games mixed up.

Just wiki'd Olney as I wondered what happened to him. Turns out...not alot

Everton memories on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 637 viewsW7Ranger

Everton memories on 13:08 - Oct 17 by W7Ranger

Whilst we're in season 92/93 - 3 things are worth remembering...

1) Ferdy was second highest scorer with 20 goals that season, behind Sherringham with 22, and just above Dean Holdsworth of Wimbledon with 19 would you believe???

2) QPR scored more hat-tricks than any other team with 3! Two by Ferdy, one by Sinton.

3) Bardsley was selected in the Team of the Season - as was Ian Wright with 15 goals (no hat-tricks), but not Ferdy with 20 goals and 2 hat-tricks!!!
Everton memories on 13:23 - Oct 17 with 635 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Everton memories on 13:15 - Oct 17 by Mytch_QPR

'Twas Boxing Day - and very cold in the back row of SAR. I was part of an exclusive group (less than 100, I reckon) who went the away fixture the following season on a Tues night. Steve Yates played as a lone striker in the second half(!!!)

Don't remember that, but I would have been there. Never missed one in those days.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Everton memories on 13:29 - Oct 17 with 626 viewsW7Ranger

Everton memories on 13:15 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

I remember Sharpe and Olney not Neil Adams. I'm sure Ritchie played must be gettng games mixed up.

Just wiki'd Olney as I wondered what happened to him. Turns out...not alot

Andy Ritchie defo didn't play in that game or the 2-0 the following season at HQ. Maybe he played against us at Boundary Park?
Everton memories on 13:33 - Oct 17 with 621 viewsHantsR

in 1975 one of the very few times I sat in Ellerslie Road and a latecomer in the process of squeezing past me stood still, mesmerised in front of me watching the action as the first goal (Givens?) went in. I would like to have seen that! Never mind, we won 5-0
Everton memories on 13:40 - Oct 17 with 611 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Everton memories on 13:29 - Oct 17 by W7Ranger

Andy Ritchie defo didn't play in that game or the 2-0 the following season at HQ. Maybe he played against us at Boundary Park?

I've only ever been to Boundary park twice, both in the same season oddly.

I've seen him play somewhere though!

I remember Gerrard distinctly though cos those pads were odd even then.

You sitting there with a copy of Rothmans?

Everton memories on 13:42 - Oct 17 with 609 viewsTacticalR

Everton memories on 13:33 - Oct 17 by HantsR

in 1975 one of the very few times I sat in Ellerslie Road and a latecomer in the process of squeezing past me stood still, mesmerised in front of me watching the action as the first goal (Givens?) went in. I would like to have seen that! Never mind, we won 5-0

Tweet Tony for a refund.

Air hostess clique

Everton memories on 13:52 - Oct 17 with 570 viewsW7Ranger

Everton memories on 13:40 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

I've only ever been to Boundary park twice, both in the same season oddly.

I've seen him play somewhere though!

I remember Gerrard distinctly though cos those pads were odd even then.

You sitting there with a copy of Rothmans?

hahaha... memory's pretty good around this time Talli'. But have double checked a couple of things just to make sure my facts are correct!

I remember they had a decent winger who would always cut back at least 2-3 times before crossing! Rick Holden? The full back's couldn't deal with him!!

Who was the big lump who played up front (I think!) for them in the early 90's? Thick dark hair with mullet? That's bugging me!!!
Everton memories on 13:54 - Oct 17 with 568 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Everton memories on 13:52 - Oct 17 by W7Ranger

hahaha... memory's pretty good around this time Talli'. But have double checked a couple of things just to make sure my facts are correct!

I remember they had a decent winger who would always cut back at least 2-3 times before crossing! Rick Holden? The full back's couldn't deal with him!!

Who was the big lump who played up front (I think!) for them in the early 90's? Thick dark hair with mullet? That's bugging me!!!

Ian Marshall!

Everton memories on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 564 viewsW7Ranger

Everton memories on 13:54 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

Ian Marshall!

That's the fella!! Good shout!!

Farking anorak!!!
Everton memories on 13:58 - Oct 17 with 562 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Everton memories on 13:55 - Oct 17 by W7Ranger

That's the fella!! Good shout!!

Farking anorak!!!

Just looked up his career...He started at....Everton

As Rousseau might argue we have gone full circle.

Everton memories on 14:01 - Oct 17 with 558 viewsW7Ranger

Everton memories on 13:58 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

Just looked up his career...He started at....Everton

As Rousseau might argue we have gone full circle.

I thought there might be an Everton connection in there somewhere with Ian Marshall!

Not forgetting Joe Royle, Graham Sharpe and (I think) Neil Pointon?

Everton memories on 14:03 - Oct 17 with 555 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Everton memories on 14:01 - Oct 17 by W7Ranger

I thought there might be an Everton connection in there somewhere with Ian Marshall!

Not forgetting Joe Royle, Graham Sharpe and (I think) Neil Pointon?

Everton memories on 14:04 - Oct 17 with 553 viewsW7Ranger

Everton memories on 14:03 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

Everton memories on 14:38 - Oct 17 with 540 viewsngbqpr

Aaaah the 5-3 game...

I'd been on holiday in Scotland and missed Les's Saturday hat trick in the 4-3 vs Forest. 7 hour drive from wilds of Scotland to Scouseland for what was on paper a meaningless end of season midtable game ("why you going there, it'll be like watching paint dry" said my bro-in-law)...then as a bank holiday took another 5-6 hours back to London - but all worth it for one of my best ever awaydays

Last season was also an epic day - first time my then 17 year old had seen us win in the top flight

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Everton memories on 15:28 - Oct 17 with 517 viewsTGRRRSSS

The 3-1 October 1991 game was my first ever visit to Loftus Road, sat (Stood rather) in Paddocks nearest Loftus Road end. Great times, I thought it would always be that way.
Main thing I remembered was interaction with crowd and players.
Everton memories on 17:22 - Oct 17 with 493 viewsBlackCrowe

My third Rs game was v Everton at HQ in '77 or '78. Lost 5-1, Latchford hattrick, pouring with rain, sat in what is now West Paddock, I got soaked.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024