Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Clive Dunn 16:37 - Nov 7 with 7095 viewstinhead

Sad news.

See ya Grandad

Puny God!

RIP Clive Dunn on 16:43 - Nov 7 with 5973 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

I grew up with 'Grandad'

92 though not a bad knock. I never knew he was Ethel's (she with the willy) cousin.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

RIP Clive Dunn on 16:45 - Nov 7 with 5958 viewsSonofNorfolt

I assume that only leaves Ian Lavender as the survivor of the Dad's Army Home Guard.
RIP Clive Dunn on 16:53 - Nov 7 with 5927 viewsW7Ranger

RIP Clive Dunn on 16:45 - Nov 7 by SonofNorfolt

I assume that only leaves Ian Lavender as the survivor of the Dad's Army Home Guard.

Don't tell him Pike!
RIP Clive Dunn on 16:56 - Nov 7 with 5921 viewsbosh67

RIP Mr Dunn. The ironic thing is that he goes and passes away as he finally reaches the age he was in the series 45 years ago!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP Clive Dunn on 16:58 - Nov 7 with 5915 viewssmegma

Spent 4 years as a POW which demands respect. Can't believe Grandad was No1 41 years ago ? !!!
RIP Clive Dunn on 17:11 - Nov 7 with 5869 viewsloftboy

RIP Clive Dunn on 16:58 - Nov 7 by smegma

Spent 4 years as a POW which demands respect. Can't believe Grandad was No1 41 years ago ? !!!

Another piece of my childhood gone, was always amazed that as the cast popped off one at a time he still fought on.

Rip and DONT PANIC MR MAINWARING

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

RIP Clive Dunn on 17:16 - Nov 7 with 5860 viewsbosh67

RIP Clive Dunn on 17:11 - Nov 7 by loftboy

Another piece of my childhood gone, was always amazed that as the cast popped off one at a time he still fought on.

Rip and DONT PANIC MR MAINWARING

I think the point is, Loft, Clive Dunn was actually a lot younger than most of the others, apart from Ian Lavender, who's only 66 now. Clive Dunn was only in his late 40s when he started playing that character, believe it or not.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP Clive Dunn on 17:17 - Nov 7 with 5855 viewseastside_r

RIP Clive Dunn on 16:58 - Nov 7 by smegma

Him singing that was my first TV memory.

RIP
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Clive Dunn on 17:18 - Nov 7 with 5849 viewsRangersDave

Bill Pertwee (Hodges) is still with us isnt he?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

RIP Clive Dunn on 17:21 - Nov 7 with 5841 viewsloftboy

RIP Clive Dunn on 17:16 - Nov 7 by bosh67

I think the point is, Loft, Clive Dunn was actually a lot younger than most of the others, apart from Ian Lavender, who's only 66 now. Clive Dunn was only in his late 40s when he started playing that character, believe it or not.

Didn't know that Bosh, always thought he was old.

RIP Clive Dunn on 17:23 - Nov 7 with 5836 viewsTGRRRSSS

Clive Dunn was born in 1920 and 48 when the series began. The Vicar and the Warden along with Ian Lavendar are I think the only remaining people still alive now.
RIP Clive Dunn on 17:29 - Nov 7 with 5821 viewshoopstilidie

I think you'll find it's Clive Did.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

RIP Clive Dunn on 18:03 - Nov 7 with 5789 viewsbosh67

RIP Clive Dunn on 17:29 - Nov 7 by hoopstilidie

I think you'll find it's Clive Did.

Very good Talksport broadcaster joke Hoops!

I am forever mentally correcting their grammar when I listen to the radio. They get paid to get their grammar wrong.

Never knowingly right.

RIP Clive Dunn on 19:29 - Nov 7 with 5731 viewslongbottom

I'm sure he played a similar character to Jones in Michael Bentine's 'It's a square world' which pre-dated Dad's Army. Surely Mr. Godfrey is still alive?
RIP Clive Dunn on 19:45 - Nov 7 with 5711 viewshoopstilidie

"Grandad we love you, Grandad we d..............Grandad? Grandad?? GRANDAD????!!!!!"

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

RIP Clive Dunn on 19:47 - Nov 7 with 5710 viewsTheBlob

RIP Clive Dunn on 19:29 - Nov 7 by longbottom

I'm sure he played a similar character to Jones in Michael Bentine's 'It's a square world' which pre-dated Dad's Army. Surely Mr. Godfrey is still alive?

Arnold Ridley(Pte Godfrey)died in 1984.Was the author of The Ghost Train - play made into a film starring Arthur"hello playmates"Askey.And people actually queued up to see that bollocks at the time.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

RIP Clive Dunn on 20:00 - Nov 7 with 5696 viewsTHEBUSH

RIP Clive, I remember seeing him in Richmond open air swimming pool, he must have been in his 50's and was with his kids, who were quite young.
He was very friendly and talked to anyone, seemed like a nice man.
RIP Clive Dunn on 20:16 - Nov 7 with 5674 viewsRodneysgongger

RIP Clive Dunn on 20:00 - Nov 7 by THEBUSH

RIP Clive, I remember seeing him in Richmond open air swimming pool, he must have been in his 50's and was with his kids, who were quite young.
He was very friendly and talked to anyone, seemed like a nice man.

Cue rumours about his being a bacon...............

oh dear

Oh Dear

RIP Clive Dunn on 20:20 - Nov 7 with 5668 viewsHayesender

Grandad was the No1 single when I was born.

Proper music

Poll: Shamima Beghum

RIP Clive Dunn on 20:22 - Nov 7 with 5667 viewsHantsR

RIP Clive Dunn on 19:47 - Nov 7 by TheBlob

Arnold Ridley(Pte Godfrey)died in 1984.Was the author of The Ghost Train - play made into a film starring Arthur"hello playmates"Askey.And people actually queued up to see that bollocks at the time.

Mrs Hants acted in a production of Ghost Train, many years ago (she's still a bit spooky)..and I saw it on stage as well; didn't seem that bad at the time?

Anyway, Clive Dunn, genuinely well-loved I would say...apart from that Grandad song!
RIP Clive Dunn on 21:02 - Nov 7 with 5632 viewsloftboy

RIP Clive Dunn on 20:22 - Nov 7 by HantsR

Mrs Hants acted in a production of Ghost Train, many years ago (she's still a bit spooky)..and I saw it on stage as well; didn't seem that bad at the time?

Anyway, Clive Dunn, genuinely well-loved I would say...apart from that Grandad song!

RIP Clive Dunn on 22:32 - Nov 7 with 5587 viewsHollowayRanger

great age for a boyhood favourite

always remember poor old walker dying that was a shock and they all admitted it was never the same after that

also fraser (john laurie) stared in henry v with laurence olivier way back he was a proper actor and is said to have hated dads army as it was below himself

also the sarge wilson use to be married to hattie jacques

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

RIP Clive Dunn on 23:27 - Nov 7 with 5556 viewsloftboy

RIP Clive Dunn on 22:32 - Nov 7 by HollowayRanger

great age for a boyhood favourite

always remember poor old walker dying that was a shock and they all admitted it was never the same after that

also fraser (john laurie) stared in henry v with laurence olivier way back he was a proper actor and is said to have hated dads army as it was below himself

also the sarge wilson use to be married to hattie jacques

Captain mainwaring was the voice of the mr men and was in coronation street early on.

RIP Clive Dunn on 08:34 - Nov 8 with 5508 viewsMonahoop

RIP Clive Dunn on 16:45 - Nov 7 by SonofNorfolt

RIP to a great character and part of a brilliant comedy series.

I think Ian is the lone survivor of the regular crew. The vicar is still alive and I think Bill Pertwee who played the air raid warden is still around too.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

RIP Clive Dunn on 13:26 - Nov 8 with 5464 viewsA40Bosh

Poor old Clive Dunn, RIP Grandad.

I could imagine him doing a great job along side Ryan Nelson in the back four!

"Come on lads, they don't like it up 'em!"

He would be on QprPlayer every week at the moment telling us to keep calm in his usual way!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024