Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let The Unveiling Begin 09:31 - Nov 26 with 3088 viewsmichael67

http://www.ustream.tv/officialqpr

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:21 - Nov 26 with 751 viewsGloucs_R

I miss the banter with other fans, its never been the same since rivals.

I think its quite funny that a Fulham fan comes onto our board to take the mick out of little old QPR

Poll: Are we staying up?

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:22 - Nov 26 with 743 viewsRangersw12

Let The Unveiling Begin on 11:55 - Nov 26 by simmo

3 Spurs fans I know all said the same thing and that we were very lucky, but I also remember reading a glowing referral for Paul Hart from a Saints fan back in the day...

For what it is worth I do not think Konk was goading, just a bit of banterous participation, which considering his mostly widespread positive contribution to the board, i think he is entitled to.

Konk does love his sly little digs but he does it in a way most people don't even realise but generally he is just your typical harmless Fulham fan and seems ok

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:34 - Nov 26 with 714 viewsKonk

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:15 - Nov 26 by WestbourneR

konk it feel this is pretty simple.

Of course it's not strange that were speaking to some Spurs fans about Harry Redknapp but it is strange that you're posting it on the QPR messageboard.

Likewise am I meant to be grateful that you haven't been having a dig about our predicament on the QPR messageboard?

Well done for being being generally nice about QPR on the QPR messagebaord that you frequenty every day. It's really really good of you.

I don't really want to know that you think Jol (who happens to be your manager, what a coincidence) is actually as good as our manager. It's blatant point scoring under this 'nicey nicey fulham' guice which is actually bs. The only reason you're nice is because the Fulham boards are dull and you want to be accepted here.

Blimey (again).

[WestbourneR] "Of course it's not strange that were speaking to some Spurs fans about Harry Redknapp but it is strange that you're posting it on the QPR messageboard."

[Konk]I mention the Spurs fans as they reminded me about the diagram, which was doing the rounds when he was Tottenham manager. I know a lot of Tottenham and I don't remember them getting upset about it - I think it was a Spurs fan who put it together and originally posted it on a Spurs board. It's not saying he's a sh it manager, it's a guide to his post-match interviews.

[WestbourneR] Likewise am I meant to be grateful that you haven't been having a dig about our predicament on the QPR messageboard?

[Konk] Eh? You say "this post reaches a new height of pathetic goading" - I'm not after any medals or appreciation, I'm pointing out that if I wanted to wind you lot up and be a pain in the ars e, I'd be on here every Monday laughing at your results/position etc. I don't think I've done that.

[WestbourneR] I don't really want to know that you think Jol (who happens to be your manager, what a coincidence) is actually as good as our manager. It's blatant point scoring under this 'nicey nicey fulham' guice which is actually bs. The only reason you're nice is because the Fulham boards are dull and you want to be accepted here.

[Konk] You said Redknapp had done a lot better than recent managers - I'm not sure one league position represents a huge difference between Jol and Redknapp. I mention Jol's enduring popularity as the fans presumably rated Jol and liked him as a bloke. I've got no views on which one's the more capable manager.

You're right that the Fulham boards are all shi te these days, but as I've said before, I look at this board because I think it has some good posters, you're a comparable and local club playing in the same division, and because from time-to-time, I like to chip in and defend Fulham when someone's having a pop at us.

Just out of interest, do you like chatting with opposition fans in the pub on a matchday or do you drink somewhere that Rangers-only?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:50 - Nov 26 with 687 viewsWestbourneR

Reknapp consistently finished in and around the top four. Jol didn't.

But Jol is a very good manager I don't argue with that.

Yes I talk to oppo fans but I don't overhear the conversations of oppo fans with other oppo fans about QPR, which is what you're offering. Your post irritated me - it felt like sour grapes. I think somewhere deep down you worry we'll get out of this mess and end up being better than Fulham. It's unlikely but possible.

I think it'd be much more honest to admit that, considering we are bottom of the league without a win, getting Redknapp - front runner for the England job and Spurs most successful manager in many years (including Jol) was a pretty major coup.

Anyway I am the only one who seems to have a problem so don't worry about it.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:50 - Nov 26 with 684 viewsKonk

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:20 - Nov 26 by Rs_Holy

made me smile too..... I havent lost my sense of humour despite the last 6 months!....

btw Konk have you got your ticket sorted for the 15th yet???

No. I’ve had a disaster. All my family are celebrating Christmas round at my Mum’s on the 15th (only time we could all get together). Thought about popping-out for a “walk round the block” for four hours, but my wife (rightly) put the kibosh on that before I got around to suggesting it to my Mum. Gutted as all my lot are going and we always have a great day (won’t be so great if we lose, mind).

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:53 - Nov 26 with 680 viewslondonscottish

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:12 - Nov 26 by Konk

Well, it made me chuckle too when I remembered it, because it IS the way his press conferences tend to go after games. Thought it was pretty harmless, myself, but some people are obviously a bit more precious than others.

FWIW I sent it to my SIL and asked her to give Harry marks out of 10 for his time at Spurs. She gave him 7.5 -8.00

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:56 - Nov 26 with 672 viewsRs_Holy

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:50 - Nov 26 by Konk

No. I’ve had a disaster. All my family are celebrating Christmas round at my Mum’s on the 15th (only time we could all get together). Thought about popping-out for a “walk round the block” for four hours, but my wife (rightly) put the kibosh on that before I got around to suggesting it to my Mum. Gutted as all my lot are going and we always have a great day (won’t be so great if we lose, mind).

(won’t be so great if we lose, mind).

I was there the last time.... Infact it was the last time we managed to score against your lot... 30 odd years and counting!
Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:59 - Nov 26 with 665 viewsJonDoeman

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:50 - Nov 26 by Konk

Excuses excuses! I knew you were getting worried

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:00 - Nov 26 with 663 viewsTacticalR

Can't see anything wrong with the flowchart or Konk's other posts. Konk gives us an outsider's perspective on QPR, which is quite useful in keeping feet on the ground.

Air hostess clique

Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:00 - Nov 26 with 663 viewsKonk

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:50 - Nov 26 by WestbourneR

Reknapp consistently finished in and around the top four. Jol didn't.

But Jol is a very good manager I don't argue with that.

Yes I talk to oppo fans but I don't overhear the conversations of oppo fans with other oppo fans about QPR, which is what you're offering. Your post irritated me - it felt like sour grapes. I think somewhere deep down you worry we'll get out of this mess and end up being better than Fulham. It's unlikely but possible.

I think it'd be much more honest to admit that, considering we are bottom of the league without a win, getting Redknapp - front runner for the England job and Spurs most successful manager in many years (including Jol) was a pretty major coup.

Anyway I am the only one who seems to have a problem so don't worry about it.

From the outside, I was convinced you'd get out of trouble even if you stuck with Hughes - he's always done a good/decent job and it seemed inconceivable that he could be doing su ch a shi t job at Rangers. You have decent players and I'm sure Redknapp will keep you up (apologies if this is all sounding a bit patronising - not sure how to avoid the risk of that)

It's also entirely conceivable that you'll finish above us at some point in the not too distant future - could even be this year - and I'm really not that ars ed one way or the other. Obviously it's nice to finish above other local sides, and I want FFC to finish as high as possible, so the more mid-sized clubs that finish above us, the lower we finish, but 8-9-10-11...I'm really not that bothered. I don't worry about you lot one day finishing 8th with us in 12th.

THIS IS NOT A DIG ALERT: Getting Redknapp ought to be a real result, but you never know how these things will turn-out; a lot of Fulham fans thought Hughes would do a great job for you too. You never know (which is why I try not to gloat)

Sorry if I've wound you up - was just a jokey little thing related to Redknapp's interviews, not his ability as a coach.

Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:04 - Nov 26 with 650 viewsKonk

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:59 - Nov 26 by JonDoeman

Excuses excuses! I knew you were getting worried

I was holding-out for the Sunday, but was out-voted by my brothers and my Mum. Properly pi ssed-off about it, but family comes first (although it took my wife to remind me of this simple truth whilst gently coaxing me out of a major sulk).

Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:05 - Nov 26 with 642 viewsJuzzie

Although this is a QPR messageboard I don't recall it being exclusive. I've popped on Fulham, Palace, Norwich and a couple of others in my time. As long as the visitor respects the fact they are a visitor as such then I've no problem with it. Sometimes helps to keep a perspective on things. Sometimes.

If they come on to goad, WUM, take the pi$$ etc then they deserve what they get.

Konk doesn't do any of these.

Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:05 - Nov 26 with 639 viewsMonkey_Roots

Where can I see this interview?
Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:06 - Nov 26 with 638 viewsdanehoop

Agree fully. Konk makes more sense than a significant minority of posters on here and hasn't been infected with Fantasy Island BS like so many new arrivals on here.

Carry on Konk.

Never knowingly understood

Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:11 - Nov 26 with 625 viewsMonkey_Roots

Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:06 - Nov 26 by danehoop

Agree fully. Konk makes more sense than a significant minority of posters on here and hasn't been infected with Fantasy Island BS like so many new arrivals on here.

Carry on Konk.

What is Fantasy Island?

Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:12 - Nov 26 with 605 viewsSpiritofGregory

Redknapp delivered Champions League football and was sacked having guided the club to 4th in the Premier League. Only missed out on the Champions League a second time because his head was understandably turned by the England job and Chelsea fluked the Champions League.

Jol guided Tottenham to 5th and when sacked, they were in the bottom half of the Premier League. As for Redknapp benefitting from Jol's signings. The crown jewels who were Bale and Modric were both signed by Ramos.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the 15th. Got my ticket and I'm confident of a win for the Rs.
Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:14 - Nov 26 with 605 viewscobbleR

Konk, keep posting mate, always enjoy your views......even if I don't always agree. Talks alot more sense than some others on here and elsewhere.

BTW liked that flow chart
Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:17 - Nov 26 with 596 viewsAgedR

Let The Unveiling Begin on 13:11 - Nov 26 by Monkey_Roots

What is Fantasy Island?

"de plane!", "de plane!"

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Let The Unveiling Begin on 14:17 - Nov 26 with 544 viewsAlbRanger

Let The Unveiling Begin on 12:21 - Nov 26 by Gloucs_R

I miss the banter with other fans, its never been the same since rivals.

I think its quite funny that a Fulham fan comes onto our board to take the mick out of little old QPR

I do wonder what some of the more precious posters on here would have made of people like Sweepy, Maceo, FB, DMD to name but a few

FWIW, I think Konk's good value and I always enjoy his perspective - wouldn't even mind if he did go on the wind up occasionally too!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024