Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" UPDATED - STADIUM NEWS 12:54 - Apr 16 with 8615 viewsEalingRanger

Story here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/16/qpr-bank-loan-tony-fernandes

UPDATE:

Fernandes tweeted this today:

"Loan for qpr is for new stadium. Next 2 weeks will be hopefully good news. But work is starting. We will not say anymore on stadium."
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:01 - Apr 16 with 6584 viewsbarbicanranger

Seems strange that the s/holders would take a loan out at a cost to the club when they have money themselves...

Gets me thinking that it may be for the warren farm development - if there is an investment plan with a pay back period they may be financing that with bank debt?
(No subject) on 13:02 - Apr 16 with 6556 viewsRangersw12

so much for being debt free
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:07 - Apr 16 with 6494 viewsQPunkR

OK now I'm more inclined to believe we're fúcked.
Relegation doesn't really bother me, it's the danger of going bust that really shits me up. And this news doesn't sound good.

QPR - "shit but local"

(No subject) on 13:08 - Apr 16 with 6491 viewsessextaxiboy

(No subject) on 13:02 - Apr 16 by Rangersw12

so much for being debt free

We were never debt free , there was no external debt ... there is now evidently.
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:10 - Apr 16 with 6465 viewsessextaxiboy

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:07 - Apr 16 by QPunkR

OK now I'm more inclined to believe we're fúcked.
Relegation doesn't really bother me, it's the danger of going bust that really shits me up. And this news doesn't sound good.

we are not f*cked. we have seen the bottom and bumped along it .

This is nothing like it .
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:13 - Apr 16 with 6438 viewsdaveB

the loan could be for anything, We were already 90million in debt so whats another 15
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:15 - Apr 16 with 6416 viewsMedwayR

Strikes me as politics & relationship building between the club/shareholders & the bank, particularly with finance for a new stadium required at some point. I'm not concerned by this to be honest but can understand why others will be. I look forward to everyone in the media etc claiming that it's proof that we're f**ked...

Poll: Who’s better?

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:19 - Apr 16 with 6401 viewsMytch_QPR

Glass half full: it may be tax efficient to take out a loan - particularly at low interest rates. The shareholders can easily cover this sort of sum if the bank demands repayment.

Glass half empty: If it goes pear-shaped, Barclays Bank are our landlord. If we have to borrow this sort of money now, how the hell will we survive with Championship money next year if we can't offload most of the players?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:23 - Apr 16 with 6356 viewsngbqpr

I see the reporter has added yet another 25% to the supposed Samba fee

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:25 - Apr 16 with 6351 viewsMytch_QPR

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:23 - Apr 16 by ngbqpr

I see the reporter has added yet another 25% to the supposed Samba fee

If only his sell-on value was rising as quickly...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:25 - Apr 16 with 6348 viewsDaBurgh

"The £15m was secured on the first working day after QPR's 3-2 defeat to Aston Villa...."

And Clive says we're not preparing for the drop.. balderdash!
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:27 - Apr 16 with 6321 viewsYorkRanger

I'm not concerned at all. Bank finance may be the most effective way to fund the planned investments and almost certainly TF and Mittals will have given personal guarantees.

Have faith - our shareholders know how to run businesses.
(No subject) on 13:33 - Apr 16 with 6279 viewsRangersw12

(No subject) on 13:08 - Apr 16 by essextaxiboy

We were never debt free , there was no external debt ... there is now evidently.

That's what I meant for me this is very worrying and worst case could be the start of an exit strategy from TF
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 13:46 - Apr 16 with 6218 viewsElHoop

The mortgage charge is in favour of Barclays Bank Hong Kong branch.

Maybe the Malaysians are borrowing to finance Airways expansion and are using the same lender to finance QPR. Maybe they have assets and shares and no cash, so perhaps either they borrowed personally to put into QPR or they borrowed via QPR, and elected for the latter.
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 14:10 - Apr 16 with 6110 viewsSpiritofGregory

No need to worry because Tone will be giving us our old badge back.

What annoys me is that it's all down to his stupid transfer policy.
(No subject) on 14:14 - Apr 16 with 6098 viewsdaveB

(No subject) on 13:33 - Apr 16 by Rangersw12

That's what I meant for me this is very worrying and worst case could be the start of an exit strategy from TF

or it's just a loan to help finance the club this season and stem the losses ahead of new finacial fair play rules or it could be to help fund a new stadium or well it could be anything really

(No subject) on 14:21 - Apr 16 with 6066 viewsRangersw12

(No subject) on 14:14 - Apr 16 by daveB

or it's just a loan to help finance the club this season and stem the losses ahead of new finacial fair play rules or it could be to help fund a new stadium or well it could be anything really

It could be anything but the sooner we get clarification from the club the better
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 14:25 - Apr 16 with 6053 viewskensalriser

Whatever it is, Barclays would not be lending money to a club they think is in danger of being put into administration.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 14:30 - Apr 16 with 6027 viewsQPRDave

Having read all these views...........I really don't know what to think
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 14:38 - Apr 16 with 5989 viewsbillericaydicky

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 14:30 - Apr 16 by QPRDave

Having read all these views...........I really don't know what to think

I blame Thatcher...

..or serial borrower Brown

or someone.
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 14:49 - Apr 16 with 5941 viewsToast_R

15 million loan to subsidise next seasons low season ticket prices?
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 15:17 - Apr 16 with 5855 viewsMytch_QPR

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 14:49 - Apr 16 by Toast_R

15 million loan to subsidise next seasons low season ticket prices?

It's for new bogs in the Upper Loft concourse.

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 15:46 - Apr 16 with 5767 viewstoboboly

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 15:17 - Apr 16 by Mytch_QPR

I thought Ellerslie were first in line?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 15:46 - Apr 16 with 5765 viewsToast_R

"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 15:17 - Apr 16 by Mytch_QPR

What you mean no more wash basins that require 3 hands to use or dryers that a fart is more powerful then?

I'd actually do them all up for 50k and half up front
"QPR secure bank loan for first time during reign of Tony Fernandes" on 15:54 - Apr 16 with 5750 viewsGloucs_R

Do you know what, I dont actually care. As long as we have a team to support I dont give a monkeys. I'll let the board worry about the cash, between them all they could buy anyone in the world and run them.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024