Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR support 06:19 - May 29 with 3014 viewstimcocking

It seemed to me, whilst watching on tv from overseas, that the QPR support was superb away from home. (At home we all know we are usually quiet nowadays, like most stadiums since the terraces are down and the hooligans mostly banned :-( )

I think most sets of fans would have turned to outright hostility towards their team after the sh!t we've had to endure these last two seasons. Can you imagine the Arsenal or Chelsea or United fans if they'd lost almost every week for two years in a humiliating manner? As far as i could tell on the TV, we were singing all game every game. Even the last match away to Liverpool there seemed to be a big vocal away support. That made me feel proud to be an R, well done.
QPR support on 06:43 - May 29 with 2448 viewshoops_legend

Oh such a shame the hooligans are banned. They always bring great atmosphere, some drunk idiot shouting and swearing at the opposition threatening to start a brawl with the other supporters just because they happen to have been bought up in a different home town!

While the other fans and kids trying to enjoy the match,support the team, have some banter and get a few good chants going have to look in shame at these people.

I love a good atmosphere but I don't like it when the idiots rule the crop and would be ashamed if they watched themselves back on video!

95% of qpr fans though are quality, get behind the team, sing throughout and have great banter so I agree with your sentiments
QPR support on 12:52 - May 29 with 2131 viewsPigbag

Our support at Liverpool numbers wise was great considering everything, the atmosphere was diabolical. Everyone was content to sit down and be silent.
QPR support on 12:53 - May 29 with 2128 viewsdaveB

QPR support on 12:52 - May 29 by Pigbag

Our support at Liverpool numbers wise was great considering everything, the atmosphere was diabolical. Everyone was content to sit down and be silent.

probably the family stands fault
QPR support on 13:16 - May 29 with 2083 viewsDieByYourSide

I find following Rangers away can be pretty dull. Majority content to sit down and make no noise, combined with usually losing makes for a pretty forgetable experience. Numbers are usually decent though

Poll: And it's hi ho

QPR support on 13:17 - May 29 with 2072 viewstoboboly

QPR support on 13:16 - May 29 by DieByYourSide

I find following Rangers away can be pretty dull. Majority content to sit down and make no noise, combined with usually losing makes for a pretty forgetable experience. Numbers are usually decent though

Half the time when people do try and stand up they are shouted at to sit down, also there are fights at every game over trivial bull$hit and half of our songs are terrible.

Numbers are commendable however.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR support on 13:18 - May 29 with 2069 viewsRANGERS4EVER

the best ive ever seen was Fulham away. That was just unbelievable. (last season not this season)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

QPR support on 13:20 - May 29 with 2052 viewstiberiuskirk

QPR support on 12:53 - May 29 by daveB

probably the family stands fault

you had to tease me out ....... family stands current location has not helped, that is for sure !

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

QPR support on 13:24 - May 29 with 2033 viewsDieByYourSide

QPR support on 13:17 - May 29 by toboboly

Half the time when people do try and stand up they are shouted at to sit down, also there are fights at every game over trivial bull$hit and half of our songs are terrible.

Yeah, it was better in the Championship winning season, more were up for standing and having a laugh/taking the piss cause the team were doing so well. We don't half sing some boring unoriginal songs as well.

Fulham and Southampton away this season were decent, only commenting on ones I went to..

Poll: And it's hi ho

Login to get fewer ads

QPR support on 13:30 - May 29 with 2009 viewsstowmarketrange

QPR support on 13:17 - May 29 by toboboly

I can't understand why the majority of our away support is content to sit down, watch the game and not contribute to the atmosphere by making some noise.
Other club's fan seem to stand in the places where ours sit.
Hopefully with smaller numbers next season,we can organise ourselves better,and allow the fans who want to stand move to the back.That way both different groups will be happy.
If and when we return to the premier league,we can arrange it better.
QPR support on 13:31 - May 29 with 1996 viewskingsburyR

Good away days: (Don't go to too many)

Cardiff away two years ago was great. Fulham last season. Southampton away this season.

Crap away days:

Liverpool last season. Never been to Anfield before. An absolute disappointment. Could hear a pin drop the whole game. Missed "you'll never walk alone" as I was in the bar. Missed Suarez's goal (only of match) as I was in the bar. Apart from that nothing.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

QPR support on 13:39 - May 29 with 1970 viewsAgedR

Away this season...the scum

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

QPR support on 14:12 - May 29 with 1899 viewsdaveB

QPR support on 13:20 - May 29 by tiberiuskirk

you had to tease me out ....... family stands current location has not helped, that is for sure !

i agree, especially in away games it causes no end of problems
QPR support on 14:23 - May 29 with 1864 viewsRangersw12

There has nothing to get excited about away from home for the last two years , add the fact the players didn't give a stuff if we were there or not it's not surprising people were not up singing and dancing !!!

If we get players who are giving 100% then the noise and atmosphere will improve

QPR support on 15:19 - May 29 with 1798 viewsQPunkR

QPR support on 13:39 - May 29 by AgedR

Away this season...the scum

Undoubtedly!!

Although I did nearly get kicked out by some fat overcomensating Chelscum cow steward for 'persistent and loud swearing'. She didn't even smile when I pointed out that it was Ashley Cole and John T*rry I was mainly directing it at

Still, led to half an hour of lambasting the nearby Chelscum fans with my own chant of 'you're not very nice' and calling the ref a 'vile, uncouth individual'. Think I expanded my vocabulary that day!

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR support on 16:06 - May 29 with 1768 viewsketteringrs

Saw Wigan v Newcastle, whole Newcastle end standing throughout the game.
Just one example.

Our game with WIGAN ( away) about 30% standing.

Does It mean more to the geordies, then what our game means to us!
If it was life or death we would all be standing.

When I go to an away game, I find it really annoying when the only noise you hear from the bloke behind is to tell you to sit down.

Fcuk off to the front if you don't want to get behind the team
you fcukwit ( is what I think )
But guess what, I actually sit down and with it the atmosphere slowly
withers away, as others feel they have to sit down as well.

Not sure what the answer is.
Let the club know you want to be either North in the stands or South ?
QPR support on 16:23 - May 29 with 1742 viewsstowmarketrange

QPR support on 16:06 - May 29 by ketteringrs

Saw Wigan v Newcastle, whole Newcastle end standing throughout the game.
Just one example.

Our game with WIGAN ( away) about 30% standing.

Does It mean more to the geordies, then what our game means to us!
If it was life or death we would all be standing.

When I go to an away game, I find it really annoying when the only noise you hear from the bloke behind is to tell you to sit down.

Fcuk off to the front if you don't want to get behind the team
you fcukwit ( is what I think )
But guess what, I actually sit down and with it the atmosphere slowly
withers away, as others feel they have to sit down as well.

Not sure what the answer is.
Let the club know you want to be either North in the stands or South ?

Agreed.we stood at Fulham,Wigan,Sunderland,Newcastle,arsenal,Southampton,Reading ,Villa and West ham,and I enjoyed itinerary than sitting at Spurs,WBA,Everton,Norwich and certainly Liverpool.
Not everyone who stands up and supports the team by singing and shouting for most of the match is a drunken oaf,although we do have our fair share.
QPR support on 16:30 - May 29 with 1730 viewssimmo

I would prefer to stand, but if the people behind me sit, I cant really do much. Also there are often children / young people and its unfair on them if they want to sit. It is not as if you can choose your seats when you buy tickets in the away section

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR support on 16:32 - May 29 with 1721 viewsdaveB

people standing away from home is a complete pain at times, they are not making any more noise than they would if they sat down and it just means you pay over 40 quid for a seat you never sit in. Great if your 18 and want to stand up but for kids or older people it's pointless going to away games as you see nothing and get abused if you dare say anything
QPR support on 16:33 - May 29 with 1720 viewsstowmarketrange

QPR support on 16:30 - May 29 by simmo

I would prefer to stand, but if the people behind me sit, I cant really do much. Also there are often children / young people and its unfair on them if they want to sit. It is not as if you can choose your seats when you buy tickets in the away section

I appreciate that, and that is why the people who want to stand should move towards the back of the stand and the people who want to sit could be accommodated more towards the front.
QPR support on 16:46 - May 29 with 1708 viewstoboboly

QPR support on 16:30 - May 29 by simmo

This.

It was so much easier before the PL when we often wouldn't get near to selling out.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR support on 16:53 - May 29 with 1699 viewsRangersw12

QPR support on 16:33 - May 29 by stowmarketrange

I appreciate that, and that is why the people who want to stand should move towards the back of the stand and the people who want to sit could be accommodated more towards the front.

That's fine until you get a muppet who moans (and there is always at least 1) as they want to sit in their designated seat even though there are usually loads available

QPR support on 17:01 - May 29 with 1690 viewsdaveB

QPR support on 16:53 - May 29 by Rangersw12

That's fine until you get a muppet who moans (and there is always at least 1) as they want to sit in their designated seat even though there are usually loads available

fancy paying for a group of seats together and expecting to sit in them, some people eh!
QPR support on 17:16 - May 29 with 1678 viewstimcocking

"Not everyone who stands up and supports the team by singing and shouting for most of the match is a drunken oaf,although we do have our fair share. "

You are supposed to stand. Seating should be forbidden at football apart from those who can't stand. It should, at the very least, be a source of personal pride to never sit when the Rs are playing. I've never, ever sat down unless i've been made to. Seating is, for me, the single worst thing about football. Except perhaps Ashley Young.
QPR support on 17:21 - May 29 with 1664 viewstimcocking

QPR support on 16:32 - May 29 by daveB

people standing away from home is a complete pain at times, they are not making any more noise than they would if they sat down and it just means you pay over 40 quid for a seat you never sit in. Great if your 18 and want to stand up but for kids or older people it's pointless going to away games as you see nothing and get abused if you dare say anything

"people standing away from home is a complete pain at times, they are not making any more noise than they would if they sat down"

I must disagree. Nobody will ever sing sitting down. Not everybody who is standing will sing, but nobody sitting down will ever sing. It would be frankly ridiculous to sing battle hymns whilst sitting down.

I do, of course, understand some may find it hard to stand all game, but to me it is not even a possibility to sit unless i had to. If i knew beforehand i'd be made to sit, i wouldn't want to go. Obvious simple solution, have some safe standing areas, as all but the most ardent health and safety nazis want anyway.
QPR support on 17:23 - May 29 with 1656 viewsdaveB

your not supposed to stand, I can't for the life of me understand why people feel it;s so important to stand up all the time. It shouldn't make a great deal of difference to your own pride if you stand up for 90 minutes or just when something exciting is happening. You can still sing, cheer and support the team just as well from a seating position as you can standing up. It doesn't bother me either way but when you see kids and older people at games unable to see a thing and getting shouted at for not being proper fans if they are not stood up it's slightly cringe worthy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024