Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Media & Marketing Officer... 13:20 - Jul 26 with 7270 viewsBrierls

...is doing a fantastic job!

The OS, Twitter & Facebook feeds have been superb during pre-season. Loads of content, covering all areas of the club, and what comes across as a genuine passion for involving the fans at every available opportunity. Using social media to bring that content to more fans and potential fans is an area we've always been found wanting, we don't suffer from that anymore!

It's proabably been made a little easier by the number of new signings coming though the door, but regular interviews with players, Hilly, CG etc have been great. Those without DalePlayer have seen a text version made available later the same day.

The OS has come in for criticism so many times in the past, but its never been in better shape*. Long may it continue.

* it wouldn't be a valid thread about the OS without a minor gripe! Is there any chance the OS design template could be changed to the one that bury use? (but also install the bullshit filter that Gordon hasnt). It's much 'cleaner' and would give the OS a more professional look that the content deserves.
Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 13:26 - Jul 26 with 5969 viewsIcelandDale

Hear, hear! The girl done good.

#Dalein21stcenturyshocker
#feellikewilecoyotelookingdownafterrunningoffclifftop
Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 13:29 - Jul 26 with 5949 viewsdilligas

About time too, just the club shop to sort then
Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:01 - Jul 26 with 5897 viewsfitzochris

I agree in the main, but do feel a lot of it is reactionary to this forum, or at least was - the tail wagging the dog, so to speak.

Still, as long as the coverage is good, I guess it doesn't matter how or why!

The Twitter updates from games are good (and this is now a major part of sports journalism), especially for fans like me, who can no longer attend every single Dale game. Gone are the days when I've got my phone glued to my ear trying to decipher my pal's ranting from the main stand. I can now follow a game on Twitter and get updates from friends at half-time and full-time.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:12 - Jul 26 with 5861 views442Dale

The twitter account is very good. Instant news is usually that and the updates from games are useful for anyone not present.

The OS is much better than in the past and could improve further if other areas of the club made use of it on a regular basis (a weekly promotion from the shop maybe).

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:27 - Jul 26 with 5832 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Apparently according to twitter Keith Hill is ready to embrace social media and we will find out more next week.

Hilly perhaps tweeting his thoughts during the game??
Instagram pics from a half time bollocking???

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:43 - Jul 26 with 5798 viewsrobshaker

suppose you'll want a geet big superstore too like Bury have.

keeping up with the shakers eh!
Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:44 - Jul 26 with 5796 viewsD_Alien

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:27 - Jul 26 by jimmysbaldhead

Apparently according to twitter Keith Hill is ready to embrace social media and we will find out more next week.

Hilly perhaps tweeting his thoughts during the game??
Instagram pics from a half time bollocking???

Embrace it he might, but he'll have to be careful he doesn't set one rule for himself and one for the players (Donnelly springs to mind!)

If its simply another means of getting his professional media profile out there, i.e. being proactive rather than waiting for the media to come to him, then fine!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:47 - Jul 26 with 5784 viewsBrierls

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:43 - Jul 26 by robshaker

Your geet big superstore is just like your #revolution, Rob...there's fook all in it!
Login to get fewer ads

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 15:03 - Jul 26 with 5753 viewsMoonyDale

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:43 - Jul 26 by robshaker

Rob with the new mortgage on Giggle your whole ground could be a geet big superstore in 12 months time......Ikea anyone?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 17:35 - Jul 26 with 5637 viewsR17ALE

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:12 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

The twitter account is very good. Instant news is usually that and the updates from games are useful for anyone not present.

The OS is much better than in the past and could improve further if other areas of the club made use of it on a regular basis (a weekly promotion from the shop maybe).

It is much better. Blimey.

I hadn't been on it (save for links to it on here) to read it as a potential customer for years. And I mean years, as the general state of it was depressing. I think the last unsolicited visit I made was the summer when the only story for about a month was about recycling your old mobile phones!

In the event, earlier today, I thus spent an enjoyable hour reading up on all sorts (the Ob doesn't nick everything 442!) and amongst it all there was a story advertising player sponsorship was still available. So I thought that the club appear to be showing willing, so sod it, my company will sponsor a player. The end result is that the club are a couple of hundred quid better off, just down to someone putting in a little effort.

In this one post, lies commercial science/lessons.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 20:45 - Jul 26 with 5463 viewsNerazzurri

Indeed, as a DalePlayer subscriber it's been excellent over the summer with some cracking interviews and the clubs Twitter feed is now a fantastic source of information. Lets hope it continues this way!

Forza Nerazzurri

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 20:51 - Jul 26 with 5447 viewsDaley_Lama

The twitter match coverage is great, same goes for Mr Partinton from the M.E.N.

Will be interesting to see who wins the GOAAAL! race when both are tweeting from the same match. Some daley should keep a record.

Poll: DF in or out

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 21:02 - Jul 26 with 5425 viewsfitzochris

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 20:51 - Jul 26 by Daley_Lama

Will be interesting to see who wins the GOAAAL! race when both are tweeting from the same match. Some daley should keep a record.

Is Partington still at the MEN. The coverage of late has been woeful.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 21:07 - Jul 26 with 5419 viewsBrierls

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 20:51 - Jul 26 by Daley_Lama

Yes, you should.
Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 21:07 - Aug 1 with 5134 viewsSaxonDale

Just to continue this slightly, the first Player Blog is available, with Peter Vincenti giving a good read about his time at Rochdale so far (Perhaps you could approach him to Blog for this site Col?!. ) Another very good idea by Leighanne, last summer I checked the OS about once a fortnight, now however its daily if not more. Well done to all concerned.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/playerbog-vincenti-961288.aspx
Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 21:17 - Aug 1 with 5109 viewsSaxonDale

Having just decided to do a bit of research here's an interesting stat.

Amount of articles posted on the Rochdale Website/Daleplayer in July 2012= 19
Amount of articles posted on the Rochdale Website/Daleplayer in July 2013= 89
[Post edited 1 Aug 2013 21:18]
Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 21:29 - Aug 1 with 5056 viewsR17ALE

That article by PV is incredible. A pro footballer writing an article of that size and quality is unheard of!

And he comes across as a bloody good bloke for a Southerner!

I imagine that Leigh - anne picked him first because he's got some nouse!

I look forward to reading some more.

Saxon's stats are telling.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 21:32 - Aug 1 with 5042 viewsisitme

That article was excellent and was very telling about the environment Hilly was on about at the Fans' Forum. I hope that they become a regular occurrence as they show the 'human' side of the players.
Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 21:33 - Aug 1 with 5039 viewsoff2div1

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 14:47 - Jul 26 by Brierls

Your geet big superstore is just like your #revolution, Rob...there's fook all in it!

A few picture frames
Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 21:37 - Aug 1 with 5032 viewsTVOS1907

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 21:29 - Aug 1 by R17ALE

That article by PV is incredible. A pro footballer writing an article of that size and quality is unheard of!

And he comes across as a bloody good bloke for a Southerner!

I imagine that Leigh - anne picked him first because he's got some nouse!

I look forward to reading some more.

Saxon's stats are telling.

Mighty Nouse?

But seriously, PV has done a couple of good questionnaires for TVOS, from which I can reveal he has the neatest handwriting among the playing staff.

One of my colleagues knows the Vincenti family from the Channel Islands and apparently, PV should be referred to as a 'crapaud', which is French for toad or frog.

It's obviously a Guernsey/Jersey in-joke.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2013 21:42]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 22:46 - Aug 1 with 4964 viewsTalkingSutty

Leighanne does deserve a mention because its obvious when interviewing members of staff that she has grown in confidence and asks the relevant questions.

I dont know the lass but she does now seem to be blossoming in her role at the club. It cant be easy for somebody so young to turn up at a strange place ( We are strange) and learn her trade but she does deserves a bit of praise.

Recieving praise from this forum is not to be sniffed at, we are a bunch of moaning buggers most of the time !!
Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 08:58 - Aug 2 with 4835 viewsDorsetDale

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 22:46 - Aug 1 by TalkingSutty

Leighanne does deserve a mention because its obvious when interviewing members of staff that she has grown in confidence and asks the relevant questions.

I dont know the lass but she does now seem to be blossoming in her role at the club. It cant be easy for somebody so young to turn up at a strange place ( We are strange) and learn her trade but she does deserves a bit of praise.

Recieving praise from this forum is not to be sniffed at, we are a bunch of moaning buggers most of the time !!

Yep, totally agree. She does appear more relaxed and is not averse to the occasional mickey-taking which leads to joviality, obviously helping to lighten the mood of interviews.

As mentioned, PV is probably one in a hundred players capable of such prose!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 10:06 - Aug 2 with 4790 viewsdingdangblue

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 08:58 - Aug 2 by DorsetDale

Yep, totally agree. She does appear more relaxed and is not averse to the occasional mickey-taking which leads to joviality, obviously helping to lighten the mood of interviews.

As mentioned, PV is probably one in a hundred players capable of such prose!

He does mention that he went to University in Liverpool! A footballer who went to University ? That's probably 1 in 10,000?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 10:20 - Aug 2 with 4773 viewsTVOS1907

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 10:06 - Aug 2 by dingdangblue

He does mention that he went to University in Liverpool! A footballer who went to University ? That's probably 1 in 10,000?

Steve Whitehall, Gareth Griffiths and Jon Bowden are three other Dale graduates from the last 20 years.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 10:29 - Aug 2 with 4764 viewsdingdangblue

Our Media & Marketing Officer... on 10:20 - Aug 2 by TVOS1907

Steve Whitehall, Gareth Griffiths and Jon Bowden are three other Dale graduates from the last 20 years.

Up the Yale!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024