Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green 14:13 - Aug 24 with 6944 viewsyankranger

Two excellent games in a row from him.

We all know he is a confidence player and we really need to get behind him. He should be feeling good after the past two games, let's keep that momentum going.
Green on 14:14 - Aug 24 with 5876 viewspomanjou

MOM.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Green on 14:33 - Aug 24 with 5835 viewswood_hoop

Had a very good game, thought Green and defence were fairly solid throughout, sign of how well they played was both of Bolton strikers subbed by 70th minute.

Still relative strangers when it comes as playing as a unit but signs are there for better to come, a big pat on the back to all, would be churlish to pick out any sloppy play some players may have been guilty of, excellent goal, worked along the deck which made it even better.

What today's game did show was that last season's fiasco is being put right, still plenty of tougher games to come but for now the players and supporters can enjoy the moment.
Green on 14:36 - Aug 24 with 5815 viewsDesertBoot

Yep. The first one was right in the corner. It was a stunning save

Wish I could be like David Watts

Green on 14:47 - Aug 24 with 5784 viewsFredManRave

Respect the Green.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Green on 14:48 - Aug 24 with 5772 viewsDaiHo0p

Green on 14:47 - Aug 24 by FredManRave

Respect the Green.

PLEASE KEEP OFF THE GREEN
[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 14:49]
Green on 16:07 - Aug 24 with 5677 viewskarlski

Green on 14:36 - Aug 24 by DesertBoot

Yep. The first one was right in the corner. It was a stunning save

Agreed, and the second one was just as good. Hit hard and low near his feet, one of the more difficult places for a keeper to get to, but he got down so sharply and kept his wrist solid when others would have folded. Handling sound and one poor kick aside no nervy moments.
Green on 16:09 - Aug 24 with 5666 viewscheeseydane

Green on 14:48 - Aug 24 by DaiHo0p

PLEASE KEEP OFF THE GREEN
[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 14:49]

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Green on 16:13 - Aug 24 with 5659 viewsessextaxiboy

The one he pushed on to the post in the first half was a fantastic save .
Login to get fewer ads

Green on 16:14 - Aug 24 with 5652 viewsA40Bosh

Green on 16:09 - Aug 24 by cheeseydane

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Green on 20:47 - Aug 24 with 5525 viewsYorkRanger

Green on 16:14 - Aug 24 by A40Bosh

As his confidence grows he will get better. Collected some crosses well too and a good punch second half when under pressure.
Green on 21:34 - Aug 24 with 5455 viewsNeil_SI

It was a typical performance from him in so many ways.

One or two decent saves, that I felt he always should have made, a couple of great takes and catches from corners, and then one extremely dodgy clearance that he had so much time to execute, and another unusual dodgy throw out that put Danny Simpson in bother and went out for a throw.

But in the main, when he was called upon and needed, he was there, so this was a good block building performance for his confidence. He can be pleased, because as always with keepers, there are times when they have little to do and maintaining your focus and concentration isn't always easy.
Green on 01:49 - Aug 25 with 5339 viewsessextaxiboy

Green on 21:34 - Aug 24 by Neil_SI

It was a typical performance from him in so many ways.

One or two decent saves, that I felt he always should have made, a couple of great takes and catches from corners, and then one extremely dodgy clearance that he had so much time to execute, and another unusual dodgy throw out that put Danny Simpson in bother and went out for a throw.

But in the main, when he was called upon and needed, he was there, so this was a good block building performance for his confidence. He can be pleased, because as always with keepers, there are times when they have little to do and maintaining your focus and concentration isn't always easy.

Kin ell whats the bloke got to do ?? "that you thought he always should have made" . He went full length and tipped one heading for the top corner on to the post . Then saved the points in the second half as he did last week .

But you still managed to get the word dodgy in twice .....

Every one of those takes and catches from corners would have given Cesar a problem .
Green on 01:55 - Aug 25 with 5330 viewsBluce_Ree

We're a Championship side. Money aside, we're lucky to have him.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Green on 02:09 - Aug 25 with 5321 viewsNeil_SI

Green on 01:49 - Aug 25 by essextaxiboy

Kin ell whats the bloke got to do ?? "that you thought he always should have made" . He went full length and tipped one heading for the top corner on to the post . Then saved the points in the second half as he did last week .

But you still managed to get the word dodgy in twice .....

Every one of those takes and catches from corners would have given Cesar a problem .

So what if I did?

When I said it was a typical performance from him, I meant that it had a bit of everything that's good and bad about him, all of his traits, and all on show when he had relatively little to do overall.

His distribution was dodgy on the two occasions I mentioned, both are different types of distribution, both where he had time to assess his options and what to do. The first, the kick, he had an awful lot of time to execute good technique, he even had enough time to take a touch and put it on his right foot, which is his stronger foot, but for some reason chose to kick with his left. That's probably why he connected poorly. The second, was a throw out, where even if Simpson were to get control of the ball, he was under pressure from two opposing players and put in an awkward position. It was probably best the throw went straight out into touch, but again, he had time to assess this before he released the ball and therefore both were poor decisions.

The problem with this, is that it's happening in every game. So he has to try and reduce that probability as much as he can.

As for those saves, it wasn't a criticism, but I think he would have been disappointed had he conceded either of those two efforts. They are relatively routine saves to make (decent saves as I said) for the majority of goalkeepers at that level, and usually on the long range strikes, his footwork often leaves him with more work to do than he should, so perhaps it is a better save for him in that respect than is ordinary.

He can still improve and work on these aspects of his play, why not? It's up to him and the coaching staff to make sure he does and he should want to. For me, those reasons are the reasons why he was never signed by a bigger club.

...and yes, I also said his catches were great, and I've said in the past on here, that's where he excels and is also probably why he is chosen ahead of Julio Cesar at this level. He's better suited to it overall, but that shouldn't mean he can't look to improve on his weaknesses.

I just say it how I see it, I've nothing personal against him.
Green on 06:37 - Aug 25 with 5266 viewsqprmick

Green on 02:09 - Aug 25 by Neil_SI

So what if I did?

When I said it was a typical performance from him, I meant that it had a bit of everything that's good and bad about him, all of his traits, and all on show when he had relatively little to do overall.

His distribution was dodgy on the two occasions I mentioned, both are different types of distribution, both where he had time to assess his options and what to do. The first, the kick, he had an awful lot of time to execute good technique, he even had enough time to take a touch and put it on his right foot, which is his stronger foot, but for some reason chose to kick with his left. That's probably why he connected poorly. The second, was a throw out, where even if Simpson were to get control of the ball, he was under pressure from two opposing players and put in an awkward position. It was probably best the throw went straight out into touch, but again, he had time to assess this before he released the ball and therefore both were poor decisions.

The problem with this, is that it's happening in every game. So he has to try and reduce that probability as much as he can.

As for those saves, it wasn't a criticism, but I think he would have been disappointed had he conceded either of those two efforts. They are relatively routine saves to make (decent saves as I said) for the majority of goalkeepers at that level, and usually on the long range strikes, his footwork often leaves him with more work to do than he should, so perhaps it is a better save for him in that respect than is ordinary.

He can still improve and work on these aspects of his play, why not? It's up to him and the coaching staff to make sure he does and he should want to. For me, those reasons are the reasons why he was never signed by a bigger club.

...and yes, I also said his catches were great, and I've said in the past on here, that's where he excels and is also probably why he is chosen ahead of Julio Cesar at this level. He's better suited to it overall, but that shouldn't mean he can't look to improve on his weaknesses.

I just say it how I see it, I've nothing personal against him.

His clearance along the ground should have been punished. For his saves he was probably worth 7/10.

Qprmick

Green on 09:16 - Aug 25 with 5162 viewsYorkRanger

Sadly the cup will always be half full for some when it comes to Green. Yesterday was a very good goalkeeping display for Championship football.
Green on 09:26 - Aug 25 with 5140 viewsJonDoeman

Green on 09:16 - Aug 25 by YorkRanger

Sadly the cup will always be half full for some when it comes to Green. Yesterday was a very good goalkeeping display for Championship football.

He's winning me over, I didn't think it would happen.

It Is What It Is !!

Green on 10:27 - Aug 25 with 5101 viewsNorthernr

Still an accident waiting to happen. Last year it was long range shots, this year it's a fettish for playing his defenders into trouble. What's he got to do? Stop doing that.
Green on 11:14 - Aug 25 with 5063 viewsYorkRanger

Green on 10:27 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Still an accident waiting to happen. Last year it was long range shots, this year it's a fettish for playing his defenders into trouble. What's he got to do? Stop doing that.

I refer to my earlier post
Green on 11:19 - Aug 25 with 5056 viewsTacticalR

Green on 10:27 - Aug 25 by Northernr

The strange thing about that particular error was that it was completely unforced, as he had just made a nice catch and had plenty of time. So much of football is about judgement, and that was a poor piece of judgement.

Air hostess clique

Green on 11:22 - Aug 25 with 5050 viewsNorthernr

Green on 11:14 - Aug 25 by YorkRanger

I refer to my earlier post

Your post suggests people are imagining these things because they don't like Green.
Green on 13:35 - Aug 25 with 5006 viewsTheBlob

Probably his greatest critic but I thought he got 9/10 for that performance.Great presence in the area,lovely tip onto the post,strong left arm to scoop away a nailed -on chance.Good stuff,keep it up.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Green on 13:40 - Aug 25 with 4999 viewsWeaverQPR

Didnt have a lot to do overall but made two fantastic saves. His kicking off the floor can be abit wayward.

@WeavQPR

Green on 13:59 - Aug 25 with 4987 viewsTheBlob

Green on 16:13 - Aug 24 by essextaxiboy

The one he pushed on to the post in the first half was a fantastic save .

One thing that always gets a grin out of keeper - he makes a fantastic fingertip save and you say "should have held it mate."Try it next time you're sitting behind the goal.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Green on 14:07 - Aug 25 with 4976 viewsYorkRanger

Green on 11:22 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Your post suggests people are imagining these things because they don't like Green.

Not a case of like or don't like, my point was about people will always find a fault with Green even when he plays well. I'm not saying he didn't make a couple of mistakes, but how many players have a game when they don't make a mistake. I repeat that in my mind it was a very good performance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024