Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club 17:15 - Sep 3 with 9557 viewsRblockPrior

Just been told that Julio Cesar is due to go back to Brazil next week to sign for an unnamed team, like the Championship the loan window is yet to close and a deal is being thrashed out by Qpr and this Brazilian club.
Good news if u ask me if it gets his wages off our books

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 17:20 - Sep 3 with 6522 viewsadhoc_qpr

Hope it's a permanent move and he has to take a nice wage drop for his trouble!
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 18:48 - Sep 3 with 6314 viewsBklynRanger

I'll be happy to pop round and pack his thongs and his nipple clamps and flowery head dresses and all the rest of his fcuking Carnivale equipment for him.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 19:02 - Sep 3 with 6231 viewsTheBlob

Don't be like that chaps,he's not Beelzebub,Baal or Balaam in disguise.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 19:04 - Sep 3 with 6221 viewsTheBlob

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 19:02 - Sep 3 by TheBlob

Don't be like that chaps,he's not Beelzebub,Baal or Balaam in disguise.

Or even Quetzalcoatl.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 19:08 - Sep 3 with 6200 viewsN12Hoop

Well he will be taking a massive pay cut you would have thought if he is going to Brazil which makes it all the more strange that he didn't take a probably smaller pay cut to play in Europe. Maybe for him it was either London or home so once the Arsenal deal never happened it was all systems to go to get him a job in Brazil.
Anyway, hope he leaves but good luck and I doubt we'll ever again have the Brazilian national goalie in a hooped shirt!

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 20:36 - Sep 3 with 5997 viewsbaz_qpr

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 19:08 - Sep 3 by N12Hoop

Well he will be taking a massive pay cut you would have thought if he is going to Brazil which makes it all the more strange that he didn't take a probably smaller pay cut to play in Europe. Maybe for him it was either London or home so once the Arsenal deal never happened it was all systems to go to get him a job in Brazil.
Anyway, hope he leaves but good luck and I doubt we'll ever again have the Brazilian national goalie in a hooped shirt!

Would imagine its a loan, and therefore we are paying a bigger amount of the wages than we were prepared to agree to for the european loans. People keep saying about a pay cut, it has never been about him taking a pay cut its the percentage we are willing to pay for his wages or the fee we ask for which as part of a transfer would end up fgoing to him and agents anyway.

I find it really hard why people cant seem to understand this, the issue is not greedy cesar its working it in such a way that it costs the club the least because of the initial contract value and length and the perceived market value of the player
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 20:45 - Sep 3 with 5945 viewsBklynRanger

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 20:36 - Sep 3 by baz_qpr

Would imagine its a loan, and therefore we are paying a bigger amount of the wages than we were prepared to agree to for the european loans. People keep saying about a pay cut, it has never been about him taking a pay cut its the percentage we are willing to pay for his wages or the fee we ask for which as part of a transfer would end up fgoing to him and agents anyway.

I find it really hard why people cant seem to understand this, the issue is not greedy cesar its working it in such a way that it costs the club the least because of the initial contract value and length and the perceived market value of the player

I read this last night too, but what I don't get is what's to stop Cesar from handing in a transfer request as soon as a move is lined up? Doesn't that mean that the contract doesn't have to be paid up, in which case he'd be free to make the move at whatever wages?

I can't claim to be an expert on this stuff, but it was made pretty clear at one point that we wouldn't be asking a large fee for Cesar and that he was free to find another club. Since then I've read reports that he turned down offers from Napoli and Benfica, both over wages. While acknowledging I don't know the details of the deals (obviously) it looked like he was only staying with us because nobody else would match his wage.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 21:04 - Sep 3 with 5882 viewsthemodfather

well the world cup approaches and he's with the host nation and meant to be number 1
playing for qpr ladies won't secure him a place...he has to get football, regularly
he is a decent shot stopper, won't come off his line ie at villa
can be clumsy but cmon who'd want to have be behind our back and midfield LAST season?? and that chelsea shirt thing didn't go well
so...cheerio julio, pack quick and don't return.
Login to get fewer ads

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 21:55 - Sep 3 with 5711 viewsbaz_qpr

3.5m euros was agreed with fiorintina according to reports he was prepared to take a pay cut but the agent was demanding 4 years length of contract as that is what he has now. Napoli and Benfica were both supposed to be loans. Agent is never going let him do a transfer request its generally a last resort thing to push a move through.

Point is these deals are far more complex than just greedy cesar, and we as a club play a big part in that
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 22:21 - Sep 3 with 5638 viewsderbyhoop

We were the mugs who gave him a 4 year deal on a big salary. You cannot blame Cesar for taking the offer,
But, if he had the chance of a move to a top European club, as rumoured on several occasions during the Summer, and we weren't putting up many barriers to any move, why didn't it happen. If we were looking for a fee, it wouldn't have been much and, if pushed, we'd have let him go for nothing to free the wages off the books. By all accounts, nobody would offer him the length of contract he had with us OR pay the wages we were paying OR both of those. Consequently, he is still on our books. To me, that means the money is more important than playing regularly - even if it costs him a place in the Brazil World Cup squad.

As far as we are concerned, I don't think we should even consider a loan deal. We don't want him now, so we certainly won't want him back in 12 months time.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 22:38 - Sep 3 with 5570 viewsBklynRanger

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 21:55 - Sep 3 by baz_qpr

3.5m euros was agreed with fiorintina according to reports he was prepared to take a pay cut but the agent was demanding 4 years length of contract as that is what he has now. Napoli and Benfica were both supposed to be loans. Agent is never going let him do a transfer request its generally a last resort thing to push a move through.

Point is these deals are far more complex than just greedy cesar, and we as a club play a big part in that

Fair enough - some good facts there. The only thing I'd say is the agent can't Shirley have the power of life and death over the man?
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 02:04 - Sep 4 with 5402 viewsBrazilNutR

Wages for big names are actually quite big in Brazil.... hence players like Alexandre Pato, Ronaldinho and Luis Fabiano being back here.. I've not heard anyone mention him coming back. I always thought that a move to Sao Paulo was a possibility as they are having a nightmare campaign and managers keep getting fired, and seems like a result of their goalkeeper, Rogeri Ceni.. who is in possibly the last year of his career.. and is thought to have John Terry like interference in the dressing room... He is also the star of the team, so a big name goalkeeper would be needed to replace him.... thats the only place i can think of thats big enough status wise, could maybe think about the wages..and that maybe need a keeper.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 03:07 - Sep 4 with 5370 viewsDylanP

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 22:21 - Sep 3 by derbyhoop

We were the mugs who gave him a 4 year deal on a big salary. You cannot blame Cesar for taking the offer,
But, if he had the chance of a move to a top European club, as rumoured on several occasions during the Summer, and we weren't putting up many barriers to any move, why didn't it happen. If we were looking for a fee, it wouldn't have been much and, if pushed, we'd have let him go for nothing to free the wages off the books. By all accounts, nobody would offer him the length of contract he had with us OR pay the wages we were paying OR both of those. Consequently, he is still on our books. To me, that means the money is more important than playing regularly - even if it costs him a place in the Brazil World Cup squad.

As far as we are concerned, I don't think we should even consider a loan deal. We don't want him now, so we certainly won't want him back in 12 months time.

If he goes out on loan it saves us money. Either the other team pays all his salary or part of his salary. Either way, its money in the bank. On Championship income, we cannot afford to refuse that.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 05:41 - Sep 4 with 5329 viewsLoft1979

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 02:04 - Sep 4 by BrazilNutR

Wages for big names are actually quite big in Brazil.... hence players like Alexandre Pato, Ronaldinho and Luis Fabiano being back here.. I've not heard anyone mention him coming back. I always thought that a move to Sao Paulo was a possibility as they are having a nightmare campaign and managers keep getting fired, and seems like a result of their goalkeeper, Rogeri Ceni.. who is in possibly the last year of his career.. and is thought to have John Terry like interference in the dressing room... He is also the star of the team, so a big name goalkeeper would be needed to replace him.... thats the only place i can think of thats big enough status wise, could maybe think about the wages..and that maybe need a keeper.

Guys: Great Informaton!!
My opinion: Cesar is right to only take an offer he is comforatable with. Frankly, I like that he rebuffed Arsenal!! Cesar he stated he liked QPR and is fond of the organization. Reality though is that he/QPR thought he would leave and hence Green started. Now HR has stated he is loathe to break the chemistry he has built up. We know (now) how much chemistry means to team dynamics. Consider Spurs, Chelsea and Man City who have been undone by internal dynamics also in the last few years.

WHEN we are promoted, we MAY have to choose again. Based on Green's performance we may consider Cesar again, if it does end up being only a loan.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 09:30 - Sep 4 with 5160 viewsTacticalR

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 02:04 - Sep 4 by BrazilNutR

Vickery is always making the point on World Football Phone-in that MLS gets bigger crowds than the Brazilian Championship, so it's interesting to think that they might splash out on one or two big players.

Air hostess clique

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 09:58 - Sep 4 with 5106 viewsrunningman75

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 19:08 - Sep 3 by N12Hoop

Was nice watching Brazil vs England and they kept mentioning the QPR goalie playing for Brazil.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 10:04 - Sep 4 with 5092 viewshoof_hearted

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 11:07 - Sep 4 with 5044 viewsClive_Anderson

Send the greedy tw@t on loan to Methyr Tydfil.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 12:33 - Sep 4 with 4972 viewsisawqpratwcity

Stare him out.

Jeez, after this, I'd never trust him between the sticks for us.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 16:44 - Sep 4 with 4839 viewswalshy15a

Going back to Brazil ?he must be Bricking it ,his missus was robbed at Gunpoint in her car when the Confederations Cup was on in June ,inbetween the Riots
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 16:47 - Sep 4 with 4819 viewsJuzzie

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 22:38 - Sep 3 by BklynRanger

Fair enough - some good facts there. The only thing I'd say is the agent can't Shirley have the power of life and death over the man?

Shouldn't a player also be able to tell his agent to pi$$ off and say he's OK with that particular deal?
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 18:04 - Sep 4 with 4753 viewsTacticalR

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 22:38 - Sep 3 by BklynRanger

On the Guardian Football podcast a few weeks ago, when discussing the Willian deal (or hijacking), Fernando Duarte was making the point that some agents do have a lot of influence over players. And we are talking about the same agent, or should I say...'adviser'.

Air hostess clique

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 18:37 - Sep 4 with 4712 viewsLblock

I think the only exits now available to him / us are the Americas, Russia or another Football League club

I hope someone takes him. Even if we are paying almost all his wages except for say 10 grand then that's still 10 grand we are saving and have a potential problem away from the club
Mad to think that's over half a mill a year we'd save - a hell of a clubs don't spend that on their entire yoot set ups per season. It could pay for the limestone in the showers at the swanky new Warren Farm spin or any number of other more productive things!!

This signing summed up Hughesless reign more than any other

What a Knut ! ! !

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 22:27 - Sep 4 with 4570 viewsderbyhoop

In an interview for Sky Sports he claimed he never intended leaving QPR.
"However, the 34-year-old has no qualms about still being part of Harry Redknapp's squad and does not feel playing in the Championship will affect his prospects of being part of Brazil's plans for next year's World Cup."

How about NOT playing in the Championship?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 09:11 - Sep 5 with 4483 viewsSomersetHoops

Perhaps we all have short memories. Cesar was brought in because Green had a nightmare start and appeared to be totally useless at the start of last season. Its not Cesar's fault that his agent negotiated a good contract for him and QPR signed it, so why should he not expect it to be honoured.

I don't think we've seen enough of Murphy to know if he is good enough to play regularly if Rob Green hits another bad patch, so Cesar may still have value to us, but he is a bit of a luxury in the Championship. I had the impression that his long term deal was to do with him moving into coaching at QPR towards the end of it and it may be that his wages would taper downwards towards the end of his contract. If he is going to Brazil its most likely to be a loan, but if he goes permanently it should be with our best wishes as I don't think he has done or said anything other than being supportive of QPR during his time with us.

Who's Next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024